MS SQL to MS Access Stored Proc. for Deletes

I have this stored procedure below that works great in SQL Server.
The sql purges rows out of a table, leaving "x" # of rows in the table
("x" = s.RetainHistoryNum below). Now I need it to run in MS Access.
The thing that throws me off is the multiple "from" statements.  I
have tried a dozen different queries, nothing seems to do the trick.
Either I end up with an syntax error, or I end up with inaccurate
results.

Dan

-Here is the stored proc I need to work in Access
DELETE FROM ScheduleHistory
FROM Schedule s
WHERE
    (
    SELECT COUNT(*)
    FROM ScheduleHistory sh
    WHERE
        sh.ScheduleID = ScheduleHistory.ScheduleID AND
        sh.ScheduleID = s.ScheduleID AND
        sh.StartDate >= ScheduleHistory.StartDate
    ) > s.RetainHistoryNum
----------------------------
-Here are the tables:
----------------------------
CREATE TABLE Schedule (
ScheduleID COUNTER CONSTRAINT PK_ScheduleID PRIMARY KEY,
TypeFullName TEXT (200)  NULL ,
TimeLapse INTEGER  NULL ,
TimeLapseMeasurement TEXT (2)   NULL ,
RetryTimeLapse INTEGER  NULL ,
RetryTimeLapseMeasurement TEXT (2)   NULL ,
RetainHistoryNum INTEGER  NULL ,
AttachToEvent TEXT (50)  NULL ,
CatchUpEnabled BIT  NULL ,
Enabled BIT  NULL ,
ObjectDependencies MEMO   NULL);
GO

CREATE TABLE ScheduleHistory (
ScheduleHistoryID COUNTER CONSTRAINT PK_ScheduleHistoryID PRIMARY KEY,
ScheduleID INTEGER NOT NULL ,
StartDate DATETIME NOT NULL ,
EndDate DATETIME NULL ,
Succeeded BIT NULL ,
LogNotes MEMO NULL ,
NextStart DATETIME NULL );
GO
-------------------------------
-Here is some sample data
-------------------------------
INSERT INTO Schedule
(TypeFullName,TimeLapse,TimeLapseMeasurement,RetryTimeLapse,RetryTimeLapseMeasurement,RetainHistoryNum,AttachToEvent,CatchUpEnabled,Enabled,ObjectDependencies)
VALUES ('PurgeUsersOnline', 1, 'm', 5, 'm', 60, '', 0, 1,
'UsersOnline')
GO
INSERT INTO Schedule
(TypeFullName,TimeLapse,TimeLapseMeasurement,RetryTimeLapse,RetryTimeLapseMeasurement,RetainHistoryNum,AttachToEvent,CatchUpEnabled,Enabled,ObjectDependencies)
VALUES ('PurgeSiteLog', 1, 'd', 2, 'h', 10, '', 0, 1, 'SiteLog')
GO
INSERT INTO Schedule
(TypeFullName,TimeLapse,TimeLapseMeasurement,RetryTimeLapse,RetryTimeLapseMeasurement,RetainHistoryNum,AttachToEvent,CatchUpEnabled,Enabled,ObjectDependencies)
VALUES ('Scheduling.PurgeScheduleHistory', 1, 'm', 5, 'm', 60, '', 0,
1, 'ScheduleHistory')
GO
INSERT INTO Schedule
(TypeFullName,TimeLapse,TimeLapseMeasurement,RetryTimeLapse,RetryTimeLapseMeasurement,RetainHistoryNum,AttachToEvent,CatchUpEnabled,Enabled,ObjectDependencies)
VALUES ('Logging.PurgeLogBuffer, XMLLOGGINGPROVIDER', 1, 'm', 5, 'm',
60, '', 0, 1, 'XMLLoggingProvider')
GO
INSERT INTO Schedule
(TypeFullName,TimeLapse,TimeLapseMeasurement,RetryTimeLapse,RetryTimeLapseMeasurement,RetainHistoryNum,AttachToEvent,CatchUpEnabled,Enabled,ObjectDependencies)
VALUES ('Scheduling.KeepAlive', 3, 'm', 5, 'm', 60, '', 0, 1, '')
GO

"Dan Caron" <dancaron-listserv0687@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
> I have this stored procedure below that works great in SQL Server.
> The sql purges rows out of a table, leaving "x" # of rows in the table
> ("x" = s.RetainHistoryNum below). Now I need it to run in MS Access.
> The thing that throws me off is the multiple "from" statements.  I
> have tried a dozen different queries, nothing seems to do the trick.
> Either I end up with an syntax error, or I end up with inaccurate
> results.
>
> Dan

> -Here is the stored proc I need to work in Access
> DELETE FROM ScheduleHistory
> FROM Schedule s
> WHERE
>     (
>     SELECT COUNT(*)
>     FROM ScheduleHistory sh
>     WHERE
>         sh.ScheduleID = ScheduleHistory.ScheduleID AND
>         sh.ScheduleID = s.ScheduleID AND
>         sh.StartDate >= ScheduleHistory.StartDate
>     ) > s.RetainHistoryNum

thanks for the ddl try something like this:

delete *
from ScheduleHistory
where exists
(
    select * from Schedule as s
    inner join ScheduleHistory as sh on s.ScheduleID = sh.ScheduleID
    where
        (
            select count(*) from ScheduleHistory as sh2
            where sh2.ScheduleID = sh.ScheduleID
            and sh2.StartDate <= sh.StartDate
        ) > s.RetainHistoryNum
    and sh.ScheduleHistoryID= ScheduleHistory.ScheduleHistoryID
)

--
check all the > and < operators - i never get those right :)

0
assaynet (289)

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work > in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Allen Browne has an excellent calendar control at http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Thanks for the link...

JDBC+Linux -> MS Access/MS SQL??
I want to use JDBC to connect a remote MS Access/MS SQL database, however, I found that JDBC-ODBC is not support on remote database and Linux. I've visit the site of some middleware, like RmiJdbc, IDS,.... However, seems don't know how to make it functions and difficult to configure. Do anyone can give me a solution? Thanks Vincent You can try the jTDS driver (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds), performs really good. Or you can buy some other jdbc driver for MS SQL Server. /Klas "Vincent Ho" <vincenthkh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fb01e579.0308061746.3bf10a6b@posting.google.com... > I want to use JDBC to connect a remote MS Access/MS SQL database, > however, I found that JDBC-ODBC is not support on remote database and > Linux. > I've visit the site of some middleware, like RmiJdbc, IDS,.... > However, seems don't know how to make it functions and difficult to > configure. > Do anyone can give me a solution? > > Thanks > Vincent Vincent Ho wrote: > I want to use JDBC to connect a remote MS Access/MS SQL database, > however, I found that JDBC-ODBC is not support on remote database and > Linux. > I've visit the site of some middleware, like RmiJdbc, IDS,.... > However, seems don't know how to make it functions and difficult to > configure. > Do anyone can give me a solution? > > Thanks > Vincent Accessing SQL server from ...

How to connect MS Access form to MS SQL Server
Hello all I created an application which use MS Access 2000 as user interface and MS SQL Server 2000 as backend. If I want to get data from MS SQL Sever 2000 and display them on the MS Access 2000 form, where do I set the database connection to the form (i.e. tell the form to get data from MS SQL server database)? Thanks Bon In Windows control panel, admin tools, data sources (ODBC), create a system DSN of type SQL server and fill in the parameters for your SQL database. In Access, select file / get external data, files of type ODBC. Select machine data source, select the DSN you created and the table(s) you need. ...

left() and right() function in MS SQL vs MS ACCESS
I normally use MS ACCESS vs MS SQL,, which has a left() and right() function. I need to use MS SQL for this project but I am not familiar with it. I have read a few books, but can not figure out how to do this. Please help. If I need to compare the first 4 letters of a field, with the first four letters of another field, how can I do this? Select field1, field2 FROM table1 Where left(field1,4)=left(field2,4) (MS SQL does not have left() and right() functions) Please help. In addition, I have a CSV file with data like 10.20, which I import inrto a numberic field. Unforunately the value...

copying data from MS-SQL to MS-Access using VB.Net
Hi there, I'm trying to use MSAccess as a "container" to move data around from one MS-SQL server DB to another. This is basically already a design decision that has been made for a lot of reasons and can't be changed by me. What I was wondering is what is the bet way to populate the MS-Access DB. The DB will only contain 6 tables which will have a very small amount of data in them. I have tried to use ADO.Net to read the data from MS-SQL into a DataTable and then save it into the MS-Access DB using again using a DataTable populated from the first, but I can't seem to ge...

ODBC connection
Hello all! I have such question to all of you. I have some tables linked from MS SQL Server 2000. Is time of processing query based on these linked tables from MS SQL Server 2000, faster or slower than the time of processing the same query based on tables, which are not linked but imported to MS Access? Can you answer this question? Thank you in advance for posts Marcin from Poland. On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:23:48 +0200, "Kamyk" <marcinzmyslowski@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >Hello all! > >I have such question to all of you. >I have some tables linked from MS SQL Server 2000. Is time of processing >query >based on these linked tables from MS SQL Server 2000, faster or slower than >the time of processing the same query based on tables, which are not linked >but >imported to MS Access? > >Can you answer this question? > >Thank you in advance for posts >Marcin from Poland. > That depends on a lot of things... The most obvious thing it depends on is the size of the result set. In a client/server arrangement, you want to keep result sizes down, and do aggregation and filtering on the server. Next, how many people will be sharing the back-end data. Access slows down as soon as 2 people are sharing a JET back-end, but the server won't have this limitation. On the other hand, if the server is too slow, or you're trying to use MSDE with more users than it's optimized for, the server will be slow. There are m...

what is equivalent of format(date) function of MS Access in MS Sql Server 2000
Hi All, I am facing a problem with a sql what i used in MS Access but its not returning the same result in MS Sql Server 2000. Here i am giving the sql: SELECT TOP 3 format( MY_DATE, "dddd mm, yyyy" ) FROM MY_TAB WHERE MY_ID=1 The above sql in ACCESS return me the date in below format in one column: Friday 09, 2003 But in Sql server 2000 i am not getting the same format eventhough i am using convert function, date part function etc. Please if you find the solution would be helpful for me.. Thanks Hoque Hi If you field is a datetime, you can use the CONVERT function to conver...

Permissions Issue when linking to MS SQL 2000 DB from MS Access XP
Hello, We have a database in MS SQL 2000 and I'm trying to link to it from MS Access XP. I've created a user with full access to one specific table in the MS SQL database, but Access won't write to it. I can open this table in MS Query Analyzer and log-in as the user, and I can do update, delete, and select queries just fine... but when I link to the table from MS Access using the same MS SQL username/password, I can only read the data... no write or delete. Since I can update data fine in MS Query Analyzer, I assume permissions are setup properly. Anyone know why I can not ed...

Moving data from MS SQL Server 2000 or MS Access XP to UniData 5.2.9
Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. --Ryan N. Ryan N. wrote: > Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte > level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch > initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 > or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. > > Any leads would be greatly appreciated. > > --Ryan N. Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then the scripting to move it on. www.asent.com Better yet, most likely you need a consultant. Check out Tony Gravagno. He's good at building interfaces, and has most of the tools pre-built. He is at http:(no spam)//nebula-rnd.com/ get rid of the (no spam) HTH, Patrick <;=) "(Latimerp)" <"(Latimerp)"@comcast.net> wrote: >Ryan N. wrote: >> Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte >> level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch >> initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 >> or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. >> >> Any leads would be greatly appreciated. >> >> --Ryan N. > >Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then t...

How to delete a record in an Ms Access Database
Dear Community, I connected Matlab with an Ms Access databse. I already found out how to import, export and update Data my Ms Access Database via the Database Tollbox. But how can I delete a record in Ms Access via Matlab? Thanks for any help! Eric "Eric " > Dear Community, > > I connected Matlab with an Ms Access databse. I already found out how to import, export and update Data my Ms Access Database via the Database Tollbox. But how can I delete a record in Ms Access via Matlab? > > Thanks for any help! > > Eric exec(conn,'delete from myTable whe...

Inserting value from MS Word into MS Access
If there are any enlightend souls out there that can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to use a macro to take a value and add it to an access database. I am having a problem with the very first line of code, Dim myDatabase as Database, the system does not recognize the Database object. PLEASE if there is anyone out there that has a piece of code that sends info from a word file into a access database... send it to me. I will Love you forever. Evan wrote: > If there are any enlightend souls out there that can help me, I would > greatly appreciate it. I would like to use a macro to take a value and > add it to an access database. > > I am having a problem with the very first line of code, > Dim myDatabase as Database, the system does not recognize the Database > object. Add a reference to DAO or use an Object variable and late bind it (set db=CreateObject("DAO.Database"), although the first way will give you intellisense. -- \\\\\\ \\ \\ Windows is searching \ \ For your sig. \ \ Please Wait. \__\ mmm, I am sorry - I am really new at this... I have added the ADO reference, and I want to execute this SQL - "insert into documents (title) values ('testTitle')" How do I write the actual code, I had it before but then I deleted the wrong file... now I am back at square one Evan wrote: > mmm, I am sorry - I am really new at this... I have added the ADO > referenc...

exporting data from ms access to ms project
Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and completion data of different projects, which is stored in the database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good web sites etc that may be of use. Regards Rob McC, England ...

Web resources about - MS SQL to MS Access Stored Proc. for Deletes - comp.databases.ms-access

Control-Alt-Delete - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or in DOS , Windows 3.0 and earlier version of Windows or OS/2 , the key combination reboots the computer. Starting with Windows 3.1 , the command ...

Free Speech Group Angered After Facebook Deletes Post On Syria
Facebook issued an apology after mistakenly deleting a post from free speech group Article 19 about human rights abuses in Syria . continued… ...

Facebook brings activity log to mobile devices so users can delete stories and check privacy settings ...
... added an activity log feature to some mobile devices, allowing users to see all their recent activity, verify their privacy settings and delete ...

Tweets MPs Delete (@deletedbyMPs) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Tweets MPs Delete @ deletedbyMPs ...

Pixar Animation Studios : Did Pixar accidentally delete Toy Story 2 during production?
Answer (1 of 2): Hi everyone, I'm the Oren Jacob in the video. Hopefully I can offer some first person color commentary about the video above ...

Sharkie - clean up camera roll and delete screenshots on the App Store on iTunes
Get Sharkie - clean up camera roll and delete screenshots on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

GCHQ ! Delete my data! - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Protesters poster demanding "GCHQ! Delete my data! EU! Sue the UK!". Seen on the Freedom not Fear rally in Berlin 7.9.2013. It would prove difficult ...

BAFTAs 2016: Stephen Fry deletes Twitter account after 'bag lady' joke
British comic Stephen Fry has &quot;quit&quot; Twitter following the backlash from a joke he made while hosting Monday's British Academy of Film ...

Stephen Fry deletes Twitter account after BAFTA joke calling costume designer Jenny Beavan a 'bag lady' ...
Actor and comedian Stephen Fry deletes his Twitter account after a joke he made calling a BAFTA-winning costume designer a bag lady fails to ...

Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Split? They Delete Each Other on Instagram
Rob and his model girlfriend remove any references to each other on Instagram after dating only for a couple of months.