Multi Select List Box options to text boxes

I was wondering if anyone had a code example for sending the
multi-selected choices in a list box to a test box

Private Sub Command2_Click()
Dim strTemp As String, varItem As Variant
For Each varItem In Me.List0.ItemsSelected
    strTemp = strTemp & ";" & Me.List0.ItemData(varItem)
Next
strTemp = Right(strTemp, Len(strTemp) - 1)
Debug.Print strTemp
End Sub

This will loop through the selected items in listbox List0, add their values
to the variable strTemp divided by semicolons then removes the leading
semicolon and prints the results to the debug window.

--
Wayne Morgan
Microsoft Access MVP

"Kenneth Grice" <kennethgrice@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if anyone had a code example for sending the
> multi-selected choices in a list box to a test box

Populate multi-list box based on selections in a different multi-list box
I have 2 multi-list boxes, 1 displays course categories based on a table called CATEGORIES. This table has 2 fields CATEGORY_ID, CATEGORY_NAME The other multi-list box displays courses based on a table called COURSES. This table has 2 fields CATEGORY_ID, COURSE_NAME. The CATEGORY_ID is a FK in COURSES and a PK in CATEGORIES. I want to populate the course list box based on any category(s) selected in the 1st multi-list box. How would I go about doing something like this? Joe wrote: > I have 2 multi-list boxes, 1 displays course categories based on a > table called CATEGORIES. This table has 2 fields CATEGORY_ID, > CATEGORY_NAME > > The other multi-list box displays courses based on a table called > COURSES. This table has 2 fields CATEGORY_ID, COURSE_NAME. > > The CATEGORY_ID is a FK in COURSES and a PK in CATEGORIES. > > I want to populate the course list box based on any category(s) > selected in the 1st multi-list box. How would I go about doing > something like this? beats the hell outta me why you'd use a listbox when you can only select a single value - (use a combobox instead!), but here's the code... http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm These are both multi-list boxes where the user can select multiple values in both boxes. If the user selects 3 course categories for example, I want the 2nd multi-list box to be populated with all the courses under those 3 categories and be able to choose as many course...

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks in advance Colin Colin, why don't you create the combobox, with from a table or query with all the information you need and use cboComboboxname.column(0), cboComboboxname.colum(1) etc etc...to populate the fields you want? HTH Michael "Colin Ward" <cward002@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:2a660c80.0308010710.26b3257@posting.google.com... > Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose > a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the > same form to display the description of that product. right now I can > get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to > what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description > which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. > > here is the code: > > Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() > txtP...

Multi select list boxes in Access
Hi, Is there any chance of getting to know how to make a drop down as a Multi select list boxes in Access? Many Thanks On 27 Jun 2005 01:30:17 -0700, "Hi5" <fkbox-programming@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, >Is there any chance of getting to know how to make a drop down as a >Multi select list boxes in Access? >Many Thanks Yes. All you need to do is change the properties for the ListBox so that it is a "multi-select" ListBox. Populate it "normally" (either through a list or a reference to a query or table). When your user selects one or more items in the ListBox, you can use VBA to work with the selections made. This is typically done in the AfterUpdate event. Google should have many examples of how to structure your code to iterate through the ListBox choices, see whether each one is "selected" and then do something with the results. Good luck. mike comboboxes and listboxes are different in that regard. You can use a listbox and set the MultiSelect property to something other than None. then you can iterate through the selected items. Dev has code on his website for it. The hassle with using a mutli-select listbox as a pseudo-subform (allowing a 1-M relationship) is that updating and changing the selected values is going to be a pain. It would be much easier and more flexible to use a combobox in the subform. (Well, in my opinion, anyway). http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0005.htm ...

Text Box to List Box
Every month I get a huge list of product codes I need to track. I have written a very detailed script to perform this task. The problem is, I copied someone else's form because I was in a rush. I have yet to sit down to tweak this, but I'm hoping I can use a bandaid rather than re-write the process. The form I use allows you to enter (or cut-and-paste) one product code at a time into a combo box. You press a button and the contents empty into a list box. You can do this however many times you need to, with the list box adding a new record each time. My script reads the listbox and works its magic, looping through each value. This is fine and all, but I'd really love to be able to cut-and-paste the original list into a text box, press a button and have that list parse out into the list box. I'm feeling a little fried at the moment, anyone got any code lying around that can perform this task? ManningFan wrote: > Every month I get a huge list of product codes I need to track. I have > written a very detailed script to perform this task. > > The problem is, I copied someone else's form because I was in a rush. > I have yet to sit down to tweak this, but I'm hoping I can use a > bandaid rather than re-write the process. > > The form I use allows you to enter (or cut-and-paste) one product code > at a time into a combo box. You press a button and the contents empty > into a list box. You can do this however many t...

Multiple Combo Boxes as well as multiple Multi select List Boxes to report
How would i print a report based on criteria selected from several Combo Boxes as well as multiple Multi Select List Boxes, that are located on the same form? I can get one Multi List Box, just not several, to report using this code i found - Private Sub cmdPreview_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Handler Dim varItem As Variant 'Selected items Dim strWhere As String 'String to use as WhereCondition Dim strDescrip As String 'Description of WhereCondition Dim lngLen As Long 'Length of string Dim strDelim As String 'Delimiter for this field type. Dim strDoc As String 'Name of report to open. 'strDelim = """" 'Delimiter appropriate to field type. See note 1. strDoc = "Products by Category" With Me.lstCategory For Each varItem In .ItemsSelected If Not IsNull(varItem) Then strWhere = strWhere & strDelim & .ItemData(varItem) & strDelim & "," 'Build up the description from the text in the visible column. See note 2. strDescrip = strDescrip & """" & .Column(1, varItem) & """, " End If Next End With lngLen = Len(strWhere) - 1 If lngLen > 0 Then strWhere = "[CategoryID] IN (" & Left$(strWhere, lngLen) & ")"...

Parameters based on Multi-Select List Box in Access 2000
Hi. I have a report in Access 2000 that is based on selection made from a series of interdependent list boxes. The boxes I have right now are Source, Table, Column, Date. The user chooses Source first, then the Table list box populates only tables from that source. Once a table is chosen, only the columns for that table appear in the Column list box. In the date box, the only dates that appear are those that are stored against the chosen column. I have a command button that then sends this information through a query to print a report based on the chosen criteria. Right now the query only accepts one value for each list box. I need to make the query recognize multiple selections, and I need the other list boxes to populate based on those multiple selections, then the report to print in this manner as well. So if my user chooses one source, they can choose two tables followed by multiple columns. This way they can print reports on notes on more than one column of more than one table at a time. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks in advance! Shannon See: Use a multi-select list box to filter a report at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-50.html The article explains how to loop through the ItemsSelected collection of the multi-select list box, to build up the Where clause. You will need to apply that idea multiple times if you are using several multi-select list boxes. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access use...

How to set the selection-bar- and selected-text-color in a list box?
How to set the color of the selection bar and the selected text in a list box? Bart (v 2003) "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140260216.140563.116330@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How to set the color of the selection bar and the selected text in a > list box? All you can do is set the BackColor and the FontColor. Windows decides what the highlight color is based on your current Windows colors/theme. -- I don't check the Email account attached to this message. Send instead to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com ...

Auto-Fill text box from list box
To All: There is a list box populated with text (ie.names of places). A user makes a selection by scrolling through and double-clicking in the list box. This selection is then shown in a text box. How can I eliminate the user's need to scroll through the list box and double-clicking the selections? Is there a way of automatically filling the text box with matches from the list box as the user is typing in the text box? There seems to be no direct autofill property based on user input at runtime. All help appreciated. Z "Zuzka" <zuzkamiernik@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

multi item combo boxes or list box
I am new to Access having used Filemaker for many years. My question has to do with displaying and creating a line item database. What I have is a two tables. One has Name, Location, time, disposition and Offense. The second has Offenses and Description of Offenses. I want to display, on a form, all the fields in table one with the Offense field, a drop down, combo box or list box, able to display more than one item. For example, if the user chooses in the drop down box 59FC, then 59FA, then 59NS. These would show on the form all the choices, preferably under each other. I am thinking a third table, a line item table, may need to be created to store the data for report purposes. But I will figure that out. Anyway, any suggestions? vincent Sample of what I am looking for: Name Location Time Dispositon Offense john 123 anywhere 10:00 Weeds 59FB 59FC 59FA vpettes@las-cruces.org wrote: > I am new to Access having used Filemaker for many years. My question > has to do with displaying and creating a line item database. What I > have is a two tables. One has Name, Location, time, disposition and > Offense. The second has Offenses and Description of Offenses. I want to > display, on a form, all the fields in table one with the Offense field, > a drop down, combo box or list box, able to display more than one item. > For example, if the user choose...

Populate text boxes with combo box selection
I need to populate text boxes for instance with employee information using their unique employee works number selected from a combo box. Can anyone help, I am told thru visual basic this can be achieved. godber wrote: > I need to populate text boxes for instance with employee information > using their unique employee works number selected from a combo box. > Can anyone help, I am told thru visual basic this can be achieved. You can do it without VBA. Add extra columns to the combo box Set the width of the columns to 0 if you want to hide them In the text bnoxes you want to show the related employee data just refer to the column: cmb_empid.column(2) Even if the combo box hides the extra coilumns you can refer to them from another control. ANother way to do this is to have a subform for the employee data and link the Parent/Child based on the Employee ID selected in the COmbo box. This option may be better if the information may be required to be updated on this form. Have fun GJ micheal.evans@ntlworld.com (godber) wrote in message news:<1f4bcee9.0409291254.1eaf2e98@posting.google.com>... > I need to populate text boxes for instance with employee information > using their unique employee works number selected from a combo box. > Can anyone help, I am told thru visual basic this can be achieved. Umm... this is vague. Yes, you can. There are lots of ways. 1. using DLookup (yech!) 2. Using recordsets 3. having multiple columns in your com...

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using bound text box in some other forms, in this particular form I can't use bound control, so I need to pass text from UNBOUND control to the linked table by using DAO or ADO code. It seems that DAO query can't accept Memo as parameter, but only text. If my text exceeds length of 255, I have an VBA error 3271. If text in unbound text box is shorter that 255 everything is OK. So, is there any way to pass text of length >255 from unbound text box to Memo field of linked PostgreSQL table, by using DAO or ADO ? Thanks in advance, Zlatko On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 01:15:54 +0200, "Zlatko Mati�" <zlatko.matic1@sb.t-com.hr> wrote: >Hello. >I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: >There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a >commentary of a batch of records. >There is a DAO Append Query tha...

Multi select list boxes
I am new to code and probably a bit thick regarding this problem. I am building a training database containing two main tables, Trainee data with the key field traineeid and instructor data with the key field instructorid. I have a form with two multiselect listboxes 1 referring to each table, i also have a button at the bottom to initiate the subsequent report. I want to print a course bid form to include data from the instructors and trainees as selected in the listboxes. do i need to go through a query as the information in the listbox is insuficient for the form, if so what code is required. as i said i am new to this so any explanation of the code components would also be appreciated. ...

select of select box will select multiple in another box

selecting list box entry using a combo box
I have a combo box that lists street numbers. I also have a list box that lists street numbers and addresses (separately). I want to click on one of the street numbers and have the first item in the list box with that street number selected. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Deborah Hi Deborah, Not going to ask you “why use a listbox?”. But here goes… Use this air code in you combo box afterupdate event. Assuming both control in the same form. Me.ListBoxName.RowSource = “SELECT StreetNumber, Addresses,…..FROM Table1 Where StreetNumber = “ & Me.ComboxName I’m assuming your StreetNumber Datatype is “Number” as in your table properties. If they are “Text”, use quotes like… StreetNumber = ‘” & Me. ComboName & “’” >dgardner@twcny.rr.com wrote: >I have a combo box that lists street numbers. I also have a list box >that lists street numbers and addresses (separately). I want to click >on one of the street numbers and have the first item in the list box >with that street number selected. > >Any suggestions will be appreciated. > >Deborah -- Please Rate the posting if helps you Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200707/1 Thank you for your suggestion. It is obviously from your response that I was woefully inadequate in posing the question. Here is a second attempt. I hope I am clearer. I have a combo box listing towns. When I select a town, the next combo box ...

Fill text box based on combo box selection
Okay this one has me stumped. I have a table called Review_Statements with the following columns: statementid type statement1 statement2 statement3 I have a form called SR_Review with an unbound combo box control (rationale_type) that is based on the statementid and type field of the table above. I also have another text box control on the same SR_Review form called rationale. This field is bound to field called "rationale" in another table called SR_Reviews. Here is what I *want* to take place. The user makes a selection in the rationale_type combo box, and based on the statementid of their choice: combine statement1, currentuser, statement2 and statement3 for that same statementid in the rationale text box (so it's stored in the rationale field of the SR_Review table). i.e., me.rationale=statement1 & currentuser & statement2 & statement3 where review_statements.statementid = me.rationale_type I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this in vb code. Can anyone help get me started? The reason I need to break up the paragraph or statement this way is that I need to track exactly who made the selection - I have to somehow get the currentuser into this paragraph and it's the only way I could think of. If you have any other wise ideas that I hadn't thought of I'd be happy to hear. Deena Duh - I figured this out so please ignore. ...

Populating text box based on combo box selections
I have a form that contains two combo boxes that are related to each other. I need to find a way to populate my text box based on the criteria of the two combo boxes so the appropriate number appears in the text box. "SHAWTY721" <u38136@uwe> wrote > I have a form that contains two combo boxes that > are related to each other. I need to find a way to > populate my text box based on the criteria of the two > combo boxes so the appropriate number appears in > the text box. It's just not possible to be very helpful with the information you provided (Which was certainly concise, but certainly was not precise, you know -- what does "populate my text box based on the criteria of the two combo boxes so the appropriate number appears in the text boxes" mean? All it says is there is some kind of relationship between the controls and implies that the Text Box contents are numeric.). You will have to have some way to ensure that you do not set the text box until you have made a selection in both Combo Boxes (and that presumes that by "criteria", you simply mean the values selected in the Combos). One way is to lock the second Combo Box, and only unlock it in the After Update event of the first, then put your code to set the Text Box in the After Update event of the second Combo... and once you set it, lock them again, as in the beginning. But, as to setting the Text Box, we'd only be guessing. For good su...

Access Report Footer displaying the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer
How can I (if I can) display the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer? For example, I have a text box called "txtPoints" in the detail which displays the total points for a current activity. As it cycles through all the activities it displays the various points for each activity. In the page's footer I want to display the total points. Here's what I have in the control source for the totals textbox: =Sum([txtPoints].[Text]) but that doesn't work. Any suggestions? On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:17:03 GMT, Richard Hollenbeck wrote: > How can I (if I can) display the sum of a text box values in the Detail in > another text box in the page's footer? > > For example, I have a text box called "txtPoints" in the detail which > displays the total points for a current activity. As it cycles through all > the activities it displays the various points for each activity. > In the page's footer I want to display the total points. Here's what I have > in the control source for the totals textbox: > > =Sum([txtPoints].[Text]) > > but that doesn't work. Any suggestions? Read Microsoft Knowledgebase article: 132017 'How to sum a column of numbers in a report by page' -- Fred Please only reply to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal email. ...

Multi-select List box with textPK
I'm having problems with the following, I originally had a PKnumber EmployeeID then had to change it to a text field so it would accept both numbers and letters. Now it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Private Sub List2_AfterUpdate() Dim varItem As Variant Dim strTemp As String Dim strSQL As String Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qry As QueryDef strSQL = "SELECT tblEmployees.EmployeeID, tblEmployees.[LName] & "", "" & [FName] & "" "" & [MName] as Employees FROM tblEmployees " For Each varItem In Me.ActiveControl.ItemsSelected strTemp = strTemp & "((tblEmployees.EmployeeID) = " & Me.ActiveControl.ItemData(varItem) & ") Or " Next strSQL = strSQL & "WHERE (" & Left(strTemp, Len(strTemp) - 4) & ");" ' On Error Resume Next Set db = CurrentDb With db .QueryDefs.Delete "qryEmployee" Set qry = .CreateQueryDef("qryEmployee", strSQL) End With End Sub Thanks. I get an error message of data type mismatch in criteria expression. Thanks. If EmployeeID is text, you need to enclose the values in quotes: For Each varItem In Me.ActiveControl.ItemsSelected strTemp = strTemp & "((tblEmployees.EmployeeID) = " & Chr$(34) Me.ActiveControl.ItemData(varItem) & Chr$(34) & ") Or " Next (Chr$(34) is ...

Adding Combo Box Text To A Text Box
I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any help is appreciated. This will do it: Private Sub ComboBox_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.Textbox) Then Me.Textbox = ComboBox Else Me.Textbox = Me.Textbox & vbNewLine & ComboBox End If End Sub Wayne wrote: >I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value >from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to >do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: > >Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox > >I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in >the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using >Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. > >I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any >help is appreciated. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http:/...

Problem with Multi-Select List Boxes
I'm having a problem with a multi-select list box set to Simple multi-selection. If multiple items are selected and then I change the items in the list, the list positions previously selected are still selected. For example, if the list contains a, b, c, d, and e, and b and c are selected, and then the list is changed to contain v, w, x, y, z, the w and x items are selected. This doesn't happen every time; only intermittently. Even though the items should be cleared when the rowsource is changed, I added code to explicitly clear every item and to perform a repaint when the rowsource c...

Multi-select list box #3
I have a unbound mult-select listbox field named "Locations".Multi-select option is set to "Extended". I'm having problem saving the values from this field into table. I have text column currLocations in the table in which I want to store the selected values. I do not want to go with the approach of creating another hidden textbox on the form and write code in AfterUpdate of the listbox field to populate the selected values into the text field. I have read about using subforms but do not know how to exactly do it.please help!! Thanks YB This example assumes that for each client you want to store their favorite colors. You need these 3 tables: Client table, with fields: ClientID AutoNumber primary key Surname Text FirstName Text ... Color table: ColorID Text the color name. ClientColor table: ClientID Number relates to Client.ClientID ColorID Text relates to Color.ColorID Now on your Client form, place a subform bound to the ClientColor table. The subform will show the client's fave colors, one per row. In the subform, place a combo box you can select a color. The RowSource of the combo is the Color table. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "yb" <yasmeen_baig@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1106772258.338334.15...

Problem with Ms Access List Box
When i add a string to Ms Access List box which contains coma "," in it the string is separated and added as separate rows -- sree Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

Selecting text in a text box
When I attempt to select text in a text box, the text from the cursor position to the end of the text is instantly selected as soon as I click the mouse down. There seems to be no way to select just a small portion of the text in a text box. This seems pretty basic. What am I missing? I'm using Access 97 on an XP system. Steve Richfield First, (I don't remember if this is an option in 97) check Tools|Options|Keyboard tab, Behavior Entering Field. This setting will adjust the behavior for all forms and controls. Next, you would need to click at the start of the area you want to highlight and drag over the rest of the area you want to highlight while holding down the left mouse button until you reach the end of the desired text. If you will always want to highlight the same section of text, then in the control's Got Focus event you can select text using code. Check the SelStart and SelLength properties in the VBA help file. -- Wayne Morgan MS Access MVP "Steve Richfield" <google@smart-life.net> wrote in message news:785c9c16.0411052022.261ec5e2@posting.google.com... > When I attempt to select text in a text box, the text from the cursor > position to the end of the text is instantly selected as soon as I > click the mouse down. There seems to be no way to select just a small > portion of the text in a text box. > > This seems pretty basic. What am I missing? I'm using Access 97 on an > XP system. > > Ste...

Web resources about - Multi Select List Box options to text boxes - comp.databases.ms-access

The Options Insider - Options Trading Strategies, Learn about Options, Options Education
IB Options Brief: Research In Motion Ltd. (RIMM), Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (VRTX) & Barrick Gold Corp.

Option (finance) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In finance , an option is a contract which gives the owner the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell an underlying asset or instrument ...

Tobacco tax increase flagged as possible revenue option for Federal budget
Cigarettes could cost smokers more money in the future, after federal MPs say they are open to increasing the tobacco tax to increase government ...

9.7 inch iPad Pro goes on sale from March 24th in four colors, starting at $599, 256 GB option
... the new iPad Pro features the same A9X processor for great performance. For the first time, the new iPad Pro has a 256 GB storage option for ...

CBS's CEO Says Broadcaster Reviewing Options for Radio Unit
... its radio division. Chief Executive Officer Leslie Moonves told investors Tuesday in a presentation the company will explore strategic options ...

Turnbull keeps double-dissolution option alive amid threat to stop Senate sitting
The government, Greens and Labor are caught in a game of high-stakes parliamentary tactics.

Apple Watch gets new $299 starting price and band options
Smartwatches are all the rage nowadays they are fun, useful, and stylish. While Apple was not the first to market with such a watch, it has created ...

Outerwall explores options after pressure from activist investor
... — best known these days for movie rental kiosk Redbox — this week told investors the company would explore “strategic and financial” options ...

The Nuclear Option : U.S.S. Trump Capsizes H.M.S. Little Marco in Florida
Watching the GOP establishment clamor to get aboard Marco Rubio's campaign underscores just how desperate Republican leaders have become.