Need Help Urgently with Strange Problem

I am using Ahead Nero on a Win 2000 computer with Access 2000.  I have
a database we printed reports from that is sorted in a particular way.
When I look at the report on the screen prior to burning a CD with
Nero, the onscreen data matches the printed copy.

After I burn the CD, and without doing ANYTHING to the database but
open it back up, the fields not included in Sorting and Grouping change
their order.  The onscreen reports (which the client wants to see along
with the printed copies) do not match the printouts and I have no idea
how to bring them back, since the sort of those fields appears to be
completely random.  What's really bizarre is that the local copy is
"messed up" the same way as the CD copy.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?  Has anyone else had
this problem with Nero?

Thanks in advance,

Janet Aldrich

0
jmacleve (2)

Janet,

I've not heard of this problem before, but you may want to 1) try out a
different burning product; for instance, try Windows' integrated
burning program; 2) make sure you have the latest version of Nero
(www.ahead.de).

If you are still getting the same problem when burning with a different
burning utility, you'll at least know that it's got to do with either
your burner or Windows itself.

0
theonesteve (203)
11/18/2005 5:36:41 PM
I can't claim to know much about Nero, but I do know that Access doesn't
guarantee the sort order of unsorted fields.  If there's a particular sort
order you want to return, define it in your report, and the report should
always return it.

<jmacleve@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am using Ahead Nero on a Win 2000 computer with Access 2000.  I have
> a database we printed reports from that is sorted in a particular way.
> When I look at the report on the screen prior to burning a CD with
> Nero, the onscreen data matches the printed copy.
>
> After I burn the CD, and without doing ANYTHING to the database but
> open it back up, the fields not included in Sorting and Grouping change
> their order.  The onscreen reports (which the client wants to see along
> with the printed copies) do not match the printouts and I have no idea
> how to bring them back, since the sort of those fields appears to be
> completely random.  What's really bizarre is that the local copy is
> "messed up" the same way as the CD copy.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?  Has anyone else had
> this problem with Nero?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Janet Aldrich

0
macdermott1 (571)
11/19/2005 8:37:05 PM
Is your database named Rome or anything like that?
It's well known that Nero fiddles while Rome burns.

0
lylefairfield (1852)

Strange problem with secured database--Urgent HELP Needed
Hello ppl: I am facing a problem that I ahve never experienced before with the secured database. I created an MS Access 2000 application (.mdb) using MS Access 2002 and secured it using exactly the procedure described in the Access Security FAQ and as I have been doing since the time I have started using Access. So let the access application be xxx.mdb. After completing the whole development for xxx.mdb, i secured it using the procedure defined in the FAQ and created the Workgroup information file for it, say xxx_WIF.mdw. I tested it for my satisfaction and everything was working exactly the ...

need to compute this problem having problems with how to start this problem help need urgently
Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable from the interval [0; 2theta] and let A  Exp(1) be exponentially distributed with mean 1. Assume  and A independent. Compute the mean mX(t) =E[X(t)] and autocorrelation RX(s; t) = E[X(s)X(t)] of the phase-shifted sinusoid.X(t) = A*  cos(t +theta ): State also if X(t) is Wide Sense Stationary (WSS). plot 10 realisations of X(t) plotR(s-t,0)as a function of s-t "pramod kumar" <pramod.kilu@gmail.com> wrote in message <jpapso$44b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Let   U[0; 2theta] be a uniform random variable ...

Need Help on MLM database in MS Access
I am working on a MS Access database to track the sales of a 3 Tier Multi- level Marketing system. I have created a table to track a new RepID and a SponsorID. I have created a query that will show the Sponsor and all of their reps but I am not sure how to show the reps that the second tier has sponsored. Example: RepID 0011 SponsorID 0010 RepID 0012 SponsorID 0010 RepID 0013 SponsorID 0010 The above is easy but I am not sure how to get: RepID 0014 SponsorID 0013 and his SponsorID 0010 Does anyone have any idea of a good way to do this? Thank you, Brent Brent, It concept, it is...

Need some help with Fleet Management database in MS Access 2007
Can someone please advice how I can start to build Fleet Management Database for my friend's Fleet business? I am using MS Access 2007. I have intermediate knowledge with MS Access. How many tables? attributes etc.... entity relation diagram? forms? reports? On 02.07.2013 08:21, vmal124@gmail.com wrote: > Can someone please advice how I can start to build Fleet Management > Database for my friend's Fleet business? Talk to your friend, understand the business, gather requirements, start designing at least the architecture, pick proper tools and start implemen...

Problems with MOD-Function by accessing MS-Access Database via SQL in Delphi
Hello, the following problem: I use Delphi 6 to access a MS Access Database. In short, the Delphi Code looks like this: ADOConnection1.Open; ADOQuery1.Close; ADOQuery1.SQL.Text :=3D 'SELECT * FROM database1 WHERE value1=3D1 AND value2=3D ' + inttostr(array[3]); ADOQuery1.Open; Label5.Caption:=3DADOQuery1.Fiel=ADdByName('value4').AsString; Now I only want to select these rows, where the Integer value3 ends on 1=2E So I need the Modulo-Function. I found in the Internet these two functions: MOD(x,y) und x % ...

MS Access
I need a quick help regarding MS Access reports. Let me explain the scenario in my report with an example: Total marks scored by students in a various level. I have ordered it according to the level first. For the level I have a group header. Under a particular level I have ordered it according to the section. I have not introduced a group header for section. Now I need to calculate the total marks of the students on the particular section and also at the particular level. ---------------------- Level: 1 ---------------------- Section A 1) Student 1 � Mark 2) Student 2 � Mark 3) Student 3 ...

Problem with MS Access Database
------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C56A17.539605A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I'm using wxWidgets now a long time for designig my applications. This weekend I tried first to use the Database classes, but I've got a problem with them... I've got an Microsoft Access Datenbase, with two tables: Orte(ID, Staat, Name, and so on) PLZOrte(ID, PLZ) This tables are set into a relationship. The field ID ist the primary key in Orte and set up the relation. Now I'd like to do a query to this database in my...

Urgent Access Help Needed
Hi, I urgently need help on an access database. I can't get back into design mode! It needs to be handed in in approx 45 mins http://www.aouh43.dsl.pipex.com/GeorgeFinal.zip Cheers, Dave "Dave W" <DaveWalker*SPAM*skydivers.co.uk> wrote in message news:4098e88f$0$25327$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Hi, > > I urgently need help on an access database. I can't get back into design > mode! It needs to be handed in in approx 45 mins > > http://www.aouh43.dsl.pipex.com/GeorgeFinal.zip > > Cheers, > Dave Other solutions available,...

Ms. Access database problem
Hello, I have a MS. Access database in XP. When I open the database in design view, users will get an error message & cannot even open the database. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks for your help in advance. Orchid What error message? Did you try the standard compact/repair routine? Thanks for your reply! The error message is: "The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on machine 'Name' that prevents it from being opened or locked." Yeah, I tried the standard compact/repair routine, (which is under Tool, Database Utilities, Com...

MS Access database Help!
I used MS Access as my backend database to store Japanese and Chinese data. while I use listbox to link MS Access, both Japanese and Chinese turned out to be CRAZY characters. does anyone know how to solve this problem? ...

New in MS Access, need help
Hello Everyone, I am new in MS Access and I was tasked to create a porject. I have done some initial things already but need help and guidance: - I have a text field in a form where users are allowed to enter data. I need to ensure that the value that the user enters is unique (ensure that the the value is not available in the table). How do I do that? - In the same form, I created a list box to display the existing values in the table, how do i refresh the values in the list box when the users enter a new value or updates the table Thanks, rhiz Databases and database applications don&#...

Need help with Access 2002 problem.
Can someone help? Have a Microsoft Access 2002 database containing a few simple, flat tables. One table contains the main records, the other tables have been created just to supply look-up data for some of the fields on the main table. Some of the main table fields have been set up for "Look Up" as "Combo Boxes". Let's say one of the fields is supposed to contain a list of authors, and it is tied to a table named "Authors" that contains some authors names. My problem is this, let's say I have just created a new record in the main table, and it is time t...

Matlab Problem, Need Help Urgent
Consider the integral ∫0 e-x sin(2x) dx ∏/4 a) Use the trapezoidal rule, and Simpson’s rule to approximate the integral. b) Compute the exact error in each case of part (a), and compare the exact error to the error bound associated for each integration method used. Hint: Use function s=simprl(f,a,b,M) %Input - f is the integrand input as a string 'f' % - a and b are upper and lower limits of integration % - M is the number of subintervals %Output - s is the simpson rule sum h=(b-a)/(2*M); s1=0; s2=0; for k=1:M x=a+h*(2*k-1); s1=s1+feval(f,x); e...

Urgent
Hi, I need help urgently......... My current os is WinXp Home (SP2). Everytime when during the windows start-up, it always appear the following message: Windows - No Disk X There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive A: Cancel Try Again Continue Under the Taskbar, is shown my firewall "No firewall is turned on" After I click on the continue box, the error message disappeared and firewall auto ON back again. Pls kind enoguh to email me your reply to skyvansg@yahoo.com.sg greatly appreciated your kind assistance. ...

Strange problem with my computer: need help !!
Hi ! I have a Athlon 1.2G, 256Mg Ram on Windows ME. I used a compressed gas duster to clean all internal parts of my computer (fans, motherboard, cd-rom, etc..). Since that event, I've got problem to boot on my computer. When the computer is cold, it boot and freeze 10 sec. after. The monitor's shut down, the disk drive light get always on but the drive don't work, everything on the keyboard or on the mouse is "close"... and I can't reset from the front switch (I must close the power supply). I must do that "game" up to 8 times before it runs correctl...

Problem in code...Need help urgent
Hello, I wrote the same program twice. following are the two codes. The upper one (slower) performs correctly, while the lower one(faster) doesn't produce the same result! Can anybody look into the program! I cant figure out what's the problem in the lower code? Thanks! Yi %%%psi : 400x2x3350 deltax=deltay=1 ph_Tx ,ph_Rx : 1x3350 zeta:2x3350 %%%%%code 1 for ii = 1 : 400 for ll = 1 : 3350 gamma(ii,1,ll) = sinc(zeta(1,ll)*deltax*cos(ph_Tx(ll))/pi)* sinc(zeta(1,ll)*deltay*sin(ph_Tx(ll))/pi)*psi(ii,1,ll); gamma(ii,2,ll) = sinc(zeta(2,ll)*deltax*cos(p...

PThread Problem (Urgent Help Needed)
Hi, im trying to write a program that uses threads to search through an array of random numbers and then returns the total times that a specified target number occurs. The set up is that the user inputs the size of the array, the number of processors that they wish to simulate (number of threads created), and the target number that they want to search. The program then populates the array with random numbers, creates and runs the threads to search through array and increments the total each time that the target number is found. im having trouble writing the code to create the threads and run ...

Urgent
Hi, I need help urgently......... My current os is WinXp Home (SP2). Everytime when during the windows start-up, it always appear the following message: Windows - No Disk X - There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive A: Cancel Try Again Continue Under the Taskbar, is shown my firewall "No firewall is turned on" After I click on the continue box, the error message disappeared and firewall auto ON back again. Pls kind enoguh to email me your reply to skyvansg@yahoo.com.sg greatly appreciated your kind assistance. ...

Help needed with databases + asp problem
Hi, I'm new to databases & asp and am using dreamweaver mx 2004 (trial) to go about making dynamic pages. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem that I'm having, I would think its pretty easy to solve... Basically what I want to do is to have webpage showing the top news stories of the day with a limit of 3 database (ie news) entries per page. Obviously the top stories will change day by day and I will be adding them to the database via an asp form. This part is no problem. Where my problem arises is that if I limit the repeat region asp command to 3 entries o...

need help on a Logical problem for my database
Hello, I'm creating a discography for one artist on a web page. I started to create to database, but i'm stuck. This is the logic so far: i have a table named "album" i have another table called "track" 1 album contains multiple track, and 1 track can be in more then one album. So I created the table: album_track So far so good. Here's were i'm stuck. How do i represent multiple disc in one album? should i create another table called "disc" or do i insert the disc number somewhere in the "album_track" table along the position of the t...

Strange Database format
Hi all, I am writing a pocket PC application that will use database access. Part of the data is new, but another part is used by a legacy application that is not docummented :-(. And we would like to use this data read-only. This data is stored in CEDB, but in a very strange format: - every table "SomeTable" is split into two tables: "SomeTable" and "SomeTable_idx", - "SomeTable_idx" has two records and many fields in every of them, - "SomeTable" seems to have the actual data; it has many records, each of them with exactly two fields. One fie...

Need desperate help on a very strange problem!
Hello to everyone! I have the following problem: I realized a code to measure the speed of 2 encoders using the 2 counters of a pci 6010 daq board (one counter for each encoder). This code read 3600 pulses (one revolution) from each encoder and write the buffered periods of the two encoders to a measurement file. I connected encoder1 to PFI 1 (CTR0 Gate) and encoder2 to PFI 4 (CTR1 Gate) No signals are connected to CTR0 SRC and CTR1 SRC. In order to validate the complete system I connected only encoder1 to both PFI1 and PFI4, so that I'm sure that both counters get the same signals i...

need help with strange cluster problem
My hobbyist cluster consists of three nodes, each with one vote: GLADIA, DANEEL and ELIJAH. GLADIA is an ALPHA, the other two nodes are VAXes. Almost all disks are shadow sets with members mounted two nodes. All disks are MSCP served to all nodes, and all disks are mounted by all nodes. SYSUAF.DAT etc are on the DISK$USER shadow set. This disk is mounted by each node in SYLOGICALS.COM and logicals are defined to point to SYSUAF.DAT etc. Returning after a few weeks holiday, during which no member rebooted and there were apparently no serious problems, I noticed that the member of ...

Web resources about - Need Help Urgently with Strange Problem - comp.databases.ms-access

South Carolina Polls Show Clinton And Trump Leading By Wide Margins
Presidential candidate Donald Trump has greater chances among those who will likely cast a vote in South Carolina’s Republican primary this Saturday. ...

A guy made Kanye a GoFundMe page to get him out of his supposed debt
While Kanye West may be the most beloved artist of all time, at least by Kanye West himself, he's still human. And humans have bills to pay. ...

Obama says will try to block Islamic State from 'digging in' in Libya
U.S. President Barack Obama said on Tuesday the United States will continue to try to prevent Islamic State from establishing a foothold in Libya, ...

Apple posts customer letter in response to FBI’s iPhone unlocking demand
Yesterday, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) issued a request to Apple for technical assistance in accessing data from a passcode-locked ...

Boutros Boutros-Ghali dies at 93; former United Nations secretary-general
Los Angeles Times Boutros Boutros-Ghali dies at 93; former United Nations secretary-general Los Angeles Times CAIRO — Boutros Boutros-Ghali, ...

Ryan Reynolds Crashes 'Eddie the Eagle' Junket to Interview High Jackman
Ryan Reynolds sits in the interviewer’s chair for a change as he chats with Hugh Jackman in a video posted on Tuesday (February 16). The 39-year-old ...

Man caught in subway doors dragged to his death
KEW GARDENS, Queens — A commuter trying to get onto an F train just as its doors were closing became caught in those doors and was dragged to ...

Obama, ASEAN discuss South China Sea tensions, but no joint mention of China
By Jeff Mason and Bruce Wallace RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama said on Tuesday he and leaders of Southeast Asian ...

Jesus does not want you to be hit men, pope tells Mexican youth
By Philip Pullella and Christine Murray MORELIA, Mexico (Reuters) - Saying Jesus would never ask them to be "hit men", Pope Francis begged young ...

Oil Output Freeze Is an Agreement With a Catch
MOSCOW — As prices have dropped ever lower, smaller oil producing nations on precarious financial ground have regularly pushed their bigger brethren ...