Newbie Question: Copying A Record's Data From Multiple Tables In One Database to Another

Greetings Access Users,

I have a database that has a record that I wish to copy from one
database to another.  The table structures in the two databases are
identical.  Here's the issue:  the record's data is broken up into
about 10 related tables.  Is there any hints or tips on the best way
of writing a query or some other solution to acheive this copy?

I have about 70 records to copy from one database to another, and if I
have to manually re-enter the data, it would take days.

Thanks a million in advance, any advice that solves this matter would
be a life saver!

Kevin
0
nospam100 (278)

"No Spam" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Greetings Access Users,
>
> I have a database that has a record that I wish to copy from one
> database to another.  The table structures in the two databases are
> identical.  Here's the issue:  the record's data is broken up into
> about 10 related tables.  Is there any hints or tips on the best way
> of writing a query or some other solution to acheive this copy?
>
> I have about 70 records to copy from one database to another, and if I
> have to manually re-enter the data, it would take days.
>
> Thanks a million in advance, any advice that solves this matter would
> be a life saver!

In your source database, create a link to you destination table (linked
table manager), then use an append query with the linked table as the
destination.

HTH - Keith.
www.keithwilby.com

0
keith.wilby1 (166)
6/30/2005 2:02:01 PM
Link the tables, run append queries, unlink the tables
Or, use SELECT * FROM theTable IN ...

--
Bas Cost Budde, Holland
http://www.heuveltop.nl/BasCB/msac_index.html