Nice video on Publishing Access 2010 database to Sharepoint 2010 Access services

http://channel9.msdn.com/learn/courses/Office2010/OfficeServicesUnit/DevelopingWithAccessServices/
0
bobalston9 (397)

Thanks  for posting Bob.

I'm not sure he enhanced his case by arguing that the problem with Access is
when a second user tries to access the same data. Simplified to the point of
inaccuracy.

"Bob Alston" <bobalston9@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> http://channel9.msdn.com/learn/courses/Office2010/OfficeServicesUnit/DevelopingWithAccessServices/

0
AllenBrowne (3681)

Restricting User Access In Access 2010 Sharepoint With Hydrated Database
I am starting to use Access 2010 publishing to Sharepoint to allow users to use hydrated accdw database copies on laptops. They can run the apps disconnected from the internet and when they open the app and are connected to the internet, they can log in and sync both directions. I am using an Office 365 P1 account and will share the database with about 10-12 users in multiple countries. Several questions: 1) I only want the users to utilize the accdw application and not directly use the tables shown in Sharepoint. Is there any Sharepoint restrictions I can implement to restrict the users ability to directly use the tables shown on the Sharepoint web site? 2) I wish the accdw would function more as an MDE where the user cannot change things. I know I can start the database without the object interface being available. I can likely use the same capability to disable the use of the left shift key when opening. a) can I also revise the ribbon to omit the edit and design commands? b) other ways to lock down the accdw to make the user only have the ability to access the data via the application itself and not be able to change the code? 3) I know how to invite users to have access to the Sharepoint site a) Is it better to email the accdw as an attachment rather than introduce the user to the web site and give detailed instructions to download the accdw? It would seem so and also not introducing them to the web interface. b) Is th...

Sharepoint security settings for distributing Access 2010 databases via Sharepoint 2010
Anyone know the security settings for sharepoint 2010 relative to using Access Services to distribute an Access database? See posting here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010setup/thread/8a028a99-a00f-4f08-86a9-98c644c3695d Bob Bob Alston wrote: > Anyone know the security settings for sharepoint 2010 relative to using > Access Services to distribute an Access database? See posting here > > http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010setup/thread/8a028a99-a00f-4f08-86a9-98c644c3695d > > > Bob Surely one...

Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010
How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010 file format? According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print options only. How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display? My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click for more details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before and after I click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print options available. Thank you for your help, jfcby jfcby <jamesfc30@gmail.com> wrote in news:f4dc9993-afa3-4fed-8180-22786eaa7f83@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.co m: > How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access > 2010 file format? > > According to Microsoft > (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ > convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? > queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is > possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the > print options only. > > How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to > display? ...

Sharepoint 2010 permissions for Access database
Can anyone answer questions on how to set permissions for Access services in Sharepoint? I posted questions to the Sharepoint 2919 forum but have not yet gotten any answers. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/thread/13a3b9c0-3fb9-4ff0-b725-145d5e482473 Bob ...

Access 2010 with Sharepoint 2010
I found this article http://sharepointproconnections.com/Articles/tabid/149/nodeid/1996/SharePoint-Wish-List--Does-SharePoint-2010-Deliver-.aspx Of key interest to me was these two points: "You can run SharePoint 2010 for development on a Vista or Windows 7 client." Hopefully this means you can test out the Access 2010 in a browser capabilities. "SharePoint 2010 supports all popular browsers and provides XHTML, WCAG 2.0 AA compliance. Level 1 browsers, which support 100 percent functionality, include 32- bit versions of IE7, IE8, and Firefox on Windows. Level 2 browsers are IE7 and IE8 x64, Safari, Firefox on other platforms. Level 2 browsers will have some limitations in rendering and behavior." Bob "Bob Alston" <bobalston9@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:KdkJm.7661$de6.5721@newsfe21.iad... >I found this article > > http://sharepointproconnections.com/Articles/tabid/149/nodeid/1996/SharePoint-Wish-List--Does-SharePoint-2010-Deliver-.aspx > > Of key interest to me was these two points: > > > "You can run SharePoint 2010 for development on a Vista or Windows 7 > client." > > Hopefully this means you can test out the Access 2010 in a browser > capabilities. > Well, the question is do you really need to go to all that trouble? I mean in traditional web development, you usually have to adopt what is called a develpment stack. that means you need to adopt a web server, ...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Access 2010 Save & Publish crashes Access
I am using a copy of Microsoft Office Professional Plus subscription version database. I am running on a Windows XP sp1 virtual machine running on a Vista Ultimate host. 1 gb memory assigned to the virtual machine. Vista has 3 gig total. Whenever I click on "Save & Publish" Access 2010 crashes. sometimes I can see the screen which should come up before the crash and sometimes not. I have installed sp1. I have also tried removing Office, re-downloading it and reinstalling it and updating with sp1. No joy. On a dual boot windows xp, using the same install disk for windows xp, and using the same downloaded Office s/w, I do not encounter the problem. Anyone seen this before? Is there anywhere where Access would log information about the crash that I could use to figure out what is happening? Bob "BobAlston" wrote in message news:j0k9fi$8lb$1@dont-email.me... >Whenever I click on "Save & Publish" Access 2010 crashes. sometimes I = can=20 >see the screen which should come up before the crash and sometimes not. >I have installed sp1. I have also tried removing Office, = re-downloading it=20 >and reinstalling it and updating with sp1. No joy. There been some issues with sp1. In my case, doing a de-compile on the=20 application does the trick for me. I not sure if you can just place a shortcut of msaccess.exe in the = sendto=20 dir, add the /decompile to the path. In win7, this gives me a right = click,=20 t...

Open the previous version database in ms-access 2010
Hi all, When I try to open the previous version database in Ms-Access 2010 is not working. Please help me and solve my problem. Naushad "Naushad" <nhaider@kockw.com> wrote in message news:715ed09d-a319-457b-8cfb-0d48fa7ef63b@t5g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > When I try to open the previous version database in Ms-Access 2010 > is not working. Please help me and solve my problem. If you still have a copy of your old version of Access, use it to follow these steps: http://allenbrowne.com/recover.html Then try opening the database with A2010 again. -- Allen...

Downloading the access database front end from Sharepoint 2010
Those of you who are interested in using the Access database front end to sharepoint and allowing users to download the database and use it may be interested in this thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/access/thread/6e38aa54-23d4-47a9-a587-48511ee06d4f Bob Bob Alston <bobalston9@yahoo.com> wrote in news:%ByTm.143$%E6.131@newsfe06.iad: > Those of you who are interested in using the Access database front > end to sharepoint and allowing users to download the database and > use it may be interested in this thread: > > http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/access/thread/6e38 > aa54-23d4-47a9-a587-48511ee06d4f Thanks for the link. What Usenet group is that? Or is MS now not propagating all of its discussion groups via Usenet? -- David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/ usenet at dfenton dot com http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/ David W. Fenton wrote: > Bob Alston <bobalston9@yahoo.com> wrote in > news:%ByTm.143$%E6.131@newsfe06.iad: > >> Those of you who are interested in using the Access database front >> end to sharepoint and allowing users to download the database and >> use it may be interested in this thread: >> >> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/access/thread/6e38 >> aa54-23d4-47a9-a587-48511ee06d4f > > Thanks for the link. What Usenet group is that? Or is MS now not > propagati...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Accessing Access

Re: Access 2010 with Sharepoint 2010

having problems with access 2010 and any database
None of the people can open a database without errors. I tried some old 2003 and 2007 databases and they won't run if they have ANY code behind it. The IT says we just installed it, it must be corrupt code or something NOTHING we did. I can open a database by holding down shift and it works but nothing else works. is this a setting in 2010 or what is causing this? Did you check the references? -- Danny Lesandrini www.lesandrini.com/datafast/ "sparks" wrote in message news:93dat75osatala5r4bi9efhe09q5c258of@4ax.com... None of the people can open a database without errors. I tried some old 2003 and 2007 databases and they won't run if they have ANY code behind it. The IT says we just installed it, it must be corrupt code or something NOTHING we did. I can open a database by holding down shift and it works but nothing else works. is this a setting in 2010 or what is causing this? Make sure that the yellow bar asking for permission to allow code to run in the database isn't showing. Often people will overlook that, and then no code an run. If that's the case, you can turn that off in the Trust Center. "sparks" <twwhopper@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:93dat75osatala5r4bi9efhe09q5c258of@4ax.com... > None of the people can open a database without errors. > I tried some old 2003 and 2007 databases and they won't run if they > have ANY code behind it. > The IT ...

Opening access database for exclusive access
hi Folks, I am opening my access database file (Access 2003) from a C# application. The connection string specifies mode=Share Exclusive The intent is that the application have exclusive access to the database file. No other instance of MS Access or this particular C# application (or any other app) should be able to open the access database file concurrently. however it seems that this is not happening. A second instance of my program run from another computer under another LAN user id can successfully open a connection to the database using the same connection string, specifying Share E...

Web resources about - Nice video on Publishing Access 2010 database to Sharepoint 2010 Access services - comp.databases.ms-access

Publishing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Publishing is the process of production and dissemination of literature , music , or information — the activity of making information available ...

Publishing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Publishing is the process of production and dissemination of literature , music , or information — the activity of making information available ...

Media Companies Focus on Marketing Their Publishing Platforms to Others
In the search for new revenue streams, publishers including Vox Media and The Washington Post are hoping to interest other companies in the content ...

Tribune Publishing Chairman Michael Ferro Worries About Bloggers, BuzzFeed
To go along with today’s excellent profile of new Tribune Publishing chairman Michael Ferro , Chicago Trubune reporters Robert Channing and Becky ...

#BlogHer16 Programming Track: Publishing & Writing
The BlogHer community is full of amazing people with insider knowledge about publishing and writing. At #BlogHer16 in Los Angeles, these experts ...

Q&A with Tribune Publishing Chairman Michael Ferro
Michael Ferro 's first month as chairman and the largest shareholder of Tribune Publishing has been fast-paced, controversial and filled with ...

Rime developer takes back publishing, IP rights from Sony
Rime was announced all the way back in 2013 by Tequila Works, who had crafted the promising, though ultimately flawed Deadlight . It looked like ...

Sony to buy Michael Jackson's half of Sony/ATV Music Publishing
USA TODAY Sony to buy Michael Jackson's half of Sony/ATV Music Publishing Entertainment Weekly Sony Corp. agreed to buy Michael Jackson's ...

Tribune Publishing Places Top Bid for Orange County Register
Tribune Publishing says it was the successful bidder at an auction to buy the Southern California suburban newspapers owned by Freedom Communications ...

Filmmaker Michael Mann launches namesake publishing arm
Filmmaker Michael Mann is launching his own publishing imprint.