Null address field

I am adding address fields to a report.  Add1, add2, town , county etc one below
the other. Sometimes add2 will be blank.
Is there a way to prevent that appearing as a blank line ?
TIA
David B
Hexham UK

0
David2217 (118)

Set the "Can Shrink" property to Yes.

--
Michael Hopwood (Phobos)

"David B" <david@marleycotenospam.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> I am adding address fields to a report.  Add1, add2, town , county etc one
below
> the other. Sometimes add2 will be blank.
> Is there a way to prevent that appearing as a blank line ?
> TIA
> David B
> Hexham UK

0
laughing1 (64)
11/12/2003 10:21:07 PM
Set the Can Shrink property of the text box to Yes.

Max

"David B" <david@marleycotenospam.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> I am adding address fields to a report.  Add1, add2, town , county etc one
below
> the other. Sometimes add2 will be blank.
> Is there a way to prevent that appearing as a blank line ?
> TIA
> David B
> Hexham UK

0
msmart86 (2)
11/12/2003 10:42:32 PM
"David B" <david@marleycotenospam.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> I am adding address fields to a report.  Add1, add2, town , county etc one
below
> the other. Sometimes add2 will be blank.
> Is there a way to prevent that appearing as a blank line ?
> TIA
> David B
> Hexham UK

Assuming you are talking about Access reports (not Word mailmerges or
similar) - the quick answer is to set the 'Can Shrink' property of the
textbox to true.

However, if you have a report with Add1, Add2, etc lining up with columns on
the other side of the report, as shown below:

Name        Date
Add1        Time
Add2        Ref No
Add3
Town
County  Postcode

you will have to consider alternatives such as having the address as a
subreport - otherwise a blank address2 will still appear.

You may also have to consider other formatting issues since you may want to
display "County...Postcode" on one line but sometimes there is no county or
no postcode.  In this case you could look at IIF(IsNull([County],
[Postcode], Trim([County] & "   " & [Postcode])) or similar.

HTH

Fletcher

0
fletch1886 (324)
11/12/2003 11:17:44 PM
"David B" <david@marleycotenospam.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in

> I am adding address fields to a report.  Add1, add2, town ,
> county etc one below the other. Sometimes add2 will be blank.
> Is there a way to prevent that appearing as a blank line ?
> TIA
> David B
> Hexham UK

Try setting the CanShrink property to yes.

0
bquintal (341)
11/12/2003 11:33:23 PM
Yep that`s what I thought but it aint having the desired effect
DB

Michael Hopwood <laughing@spammers.co.uk> wrote in message
> Set the "Can Shrink" property to Yes.
>
> --
> Michael Hopwood (Phobos)
>

> "David B" <david@marleycotenospam.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I am adding address fields to a report.  Add1, add2, town , county etc one
> below
> > the other. Sometimes add2 will be blank.
> > Is there a way to prevent that appearing as a blank line ?
> > TIA
> > David B
> > Hexham UK

0
David2217 (118)

Problem concatenating memo fields in MS access database
I have an access database form where I have a button that is supposed to be appending the contents of 1 memo field to another is behaving non-predictably. The code is: Me![ToDo] = Me![ToDo] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies1] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies2] Me![Meds] = Me![MedsEntered] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![IVF] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Diet] DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70 Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? Could there be a casting problem? (I just want to append the text of 1 field to another field - am I actually assigning objects this way?) Any help would be greatly appreciated. GH ghadley_00@yahoo.com I have managed this in a report without the $ sign e.g. =[FirstName] & " " & [lastname] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & IIf([job title] Is Not Null,[job title] & Chr(13) & Chr(10),"") It does not use memo fields but I would think they would work OK? James <ghadley_00@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1131535433.245165.221450@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have an access database form where I have a button that is supposed > to be appending the contents of 1 memo field to another is behaving > non-predictably. The code is: > > Me![ToDo] = Me![ToDo] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies1] & > Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies2] > Me![Meds] = Me![MedsEnter...

How to link fields in MS word document to Access database
Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an access database? What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in an Access database. I also want to later select the document (from a file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields from the database. Of course if there are then any updates I want to put them back into the database. Workable? Anyone with sample code? Bob Alston On Jun 10, 6:21=A0pm, Bob Alston <bobalst...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an > access database? Hello Bob, Instead of Word documents I use RTF-documents. RTF-documents act just like Word documents in Word. The difference is that RFT-documents are plain text-files, and can easily be processed in Access to find - with the appropriate placeholders - the filled in information. HBInc. > > What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields > word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be > opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in > an Access database. =A0I also want to later select the document (from a > file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields > from the database. =A0Of course if there are then ...

HELP! Retriving field names and properties from MS Access database using ASP
Hi everyone! I have a really frustrating error and need help. I&#8217;m trying to do a function that gets the properties and names of the fields in a MS Access database using ASP. I haven&#8217;t programmed in a while so I&#8217;m quite lost. Once I have the my database structure I will insert the corresponding fields from a web form but the database is huge and I want to be able to change the database and form without changing the ASP code all the time. This is my function that is not working yet. I cant seem to connect properly to the database... Function InsertDataBase() ...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

Good day: Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file extension of .mde? I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized format". Any help is greatfull. TIA This usually indicates an attempt to open an Access 2000 database in an earlier version. -- MichKa [MS] NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development Globalization Infrastructure and Font Technologies This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA Best place to get answers is at the official MVP site: http://mvp.org Robyn Schulz, MVP A) That url isn't. B) If that's the best place to get answers, why do you hang out in a newsgroup designed to give ...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

Web resources about - Null address field - comp.databases.ms-access

File:Ipv6 address.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I, the copyright holder of this work, release this work into the public domain . This applies worldwide. This file contains additional information, ...

Xena: Warrior Princess reboot will finally address Xena's sexuality, says writer
Screenwriters says there's no point bringing back series without addressing Xena's relationship with her best friend.

Cisco to address Cyber Security Risks Inhibiting Digital Ambitions at GISEC 2016
Al-Bawaba Cisco to address Cyber Security Risks Inhibiting Digital Ambitions at GISEC 2016 Al-Bawaba Cisco announced its participation in ...

How to address the one advantage other wearables have over the Apple Watch
The Apple Watch is easily the best wearable device that has been released so far. It offers a user experience that is leaps and bounds above ...

Cisco to address cybersecurity risks hindering digital ambitions at GISEC
Computer News Middle East Cisco to address cybersecurity risks hindering digital ambitions at GISEC Computer News Middle East Cisco announced ...

AP Standards Editor Forced To Address Trump's Colorful Language
Donald Trump's constant use of profanity or profane-like words has forced the AP into making some editorial decisions. The AP Stylebook is the ...

Weekly address: Obama is going to South by Southwest to salute tech innovation
... settle our differences and solve our collective challenges. And it’s only as good as we make it. President Obama discussed in his weekly address ...

Sleep With London's Upper Crust At The Poshest Address In Town
LONDON –While modishly ahead of the game, the hotel shines for everything that hasn't changed. It is one of the most established, old-school ...

Trump’s Jeremiah Wright Moment: How The Donald Should Address The Violence At His Events …
In 2008, the video of Jeremiah Wright and reports of his affiliation with the then-Democratic Presidential candidate Barack Obama, drove cable ...

Check the History of Complaints at Any NYC Address With This Handy Chrome Extension
Chrome extensions can do so much more than transform presidential candidates into people with tiny hands . Take this brilliant Chrome extension ...