Nulling field in subform

I have 2 fields in a subform that I want to clear called [Date]  - this
works and [Session] - which doesn't .  Session is populated by 4 choices
from a combo box.  All I want to do is clear the combo ready for
reselection.

Forms![Hirer].Form![Bookings Subform]![Date] = ""
Forms![Hirer].Form![Bookings Subform]![Session] = ""
Forms![Hirer].Form![Bookings Subform].[Date].SetFocus

I also want to setfocus  to [Date] in the subform.  This doesn't work
either.

Any help would be genuinely appreciated
Geoff

0
gfriar (25)

"Geoff" <gfriar@freenetname.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have 2 fields in a subform that I want to clear called [Date]  - this
>works and [Session] - which doesn't .  Session is populated by 4 choices
>from a combo box.  All I want to do is clear the combo ready for
>reselection.
>
> Forms![Hirer].Form![Bookings Subform]![Date] = ""
> Forms![Hirer].Form![Bookings Subform]![Session] = ""
> Forms![Hirer].Form![Bookings Subform].[Date].SetFocus
>
> I also want to setfocus  to [Date] in the subform.  This doesn't work
> either.
>
> Any help would be genuinely appreciated
> Geoff

Should you check the number of records in the subform?  What if it is zero?
What if it is more than one?  Or perhaps the 'clearing routine' should only
apply to the current record?
If you are doing much Access work you could also use a naming convention, so
that you can distinguish between the control and the database field which is
displayed, e.g. cboSession is a combo bound to the field 'Session' and
txtDate is a textbox bound to the field Date - except that Date is a
reserved word and should be avoided (together with other reserved words such
as Name).  Better to use BookingDate or whatever.

0
aengland (343)

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

How to link fields in MS word document to Access database
Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an access database? What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in an Access database. I also want to later select the document (from a file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields from the database. Of course if there are then any updates I want to put them back into the database. Workable? Anyone with sample code? Bob Alston On Jun 10, 6:21=A0pm, Bob Alston <bobalst...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an > access database? Hello Bob, Instead of Word documents I use RTF-documents. RTF-documents act just like Word documents in Word. The difference is that RFT-documents are plain text-files, and can easily be processed in Access to find - with the appropriate placeholders - the filled in information. HBInc. > > What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields > word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be > opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in > an Access database. =A0I also want to later select the document (from a > file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields > from the database. =A0Of course if there are then ...

HELP! Retriving field names and properties from MS Access database using ASP
Hi everyone! I have a really frustrating error and need help. I&#8217;m trying to do a function that gets the properties and names of the fields in a MS Access database using ASP. I haven&#8217;t programmed in a while so I&#8217;m quite lost. Once I have the my database structure I will insert the corresponding fields from a web form but the database is huge and I want to be able to change the database and form without changing the ASP code all the time. This is my function that is not working yet. I cant seem to connect properly to the database... Function InsertDataBase() ...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

Web resources about - Nulling field in subform - comp.databases.ms-access

Howard Zinn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( 1922-08-24 ) August 24, 1922 Brooklyn, New York , U.S. Santa Monica, California , U.S. Howard Zinn (August 24, 1922 – January 27, 2010) was ...

All Things Electronics
This is the second part of my Fluke 17B multimeter review. If you haven’t seen the first part, read it here . A Bit of Background The two things ...

Equiluminance: The Nulling of Apparent Motion
Two properties of the visual system combine to produce the effect illustrated here: its tendency to make automatic associations between similar ...

pH Measurement & Control Circuit - Amplifier
How to build a pH measurment and CO2 control circuit for a planted aquariumpH probe input and amplifier

The Twice Captured Lusanna
We often see books which boast of an “unknown story” or “secret history” of an era, and the American Revolution remains ripe fodder for this ...

ANIMEfringe: Reviews - X
Looking for breaking anime/manga news? Exclusive reviews? Links? Hot interviews? Series info? How about just a bunch of Anime stuff, like Anime ...

Patents - AntennaSys, Inc. - antenna design, integration and consulting.
Single-winding magnetometer with oscillator duty cycle measurement A magnetometer having only a single coil winding for sensing the magnetic ...

DSCS III
DSCS III satellite spacecraft

Scientists accurately quantify dust around planets in search for life
After surveying nearly 50 stars from 2008 to 2011, scientists have been able to determine with remarkable precision how much dust is around distant ...

Ep. 2: In Search of Other Worlds
Take a facts-based journey through the universe.