number zero in text field

Hi heros,
I have a text field that stores numbers like 06-1234.  I created a combo box
to look up values on a form based on the number.  However, I can't get it
formatted correctly.  It is formatted @@-@@@@.
The results are 0-61234 in the combo box.  Can you assist me?
Thank you
Charlie

hireagenius

hireagenius wrote:

> Hi heros,
> I have a text field that stores numbers like 06-1234.  I created a combo box
> to look up values on a form based on the number.  However, I can't get it
> formatted correctly.  It is formatted @@-@@@@.
> The results are 0-61234 in the combo box.  Can you assist me?
> Thank you
> Charlie

Expr1: Format("61234","00-0000")	06-1234
Expr2: Format("061234","00-0000")	06-1234
Expr3: Format(61234,"00-0000")		06-1234
0
oil (4047)

text field only for text
Hi I would like some help about the following : I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I limit this situation ? So far, I couldn't find literature exacly about this here in the newsgroup. TIA Paulo "Paulo Rodrigues" <amigo.alf@netvisao.pt> wrote in message news:<newscache$kgmtmh$bb1$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt>... > Hi > > I would like some help about the following : > > I have a text field and I don't want it contains any numbers. How can I > limit > this situation ? > > So far, I couldn't find literature exacly about this here in the newsgroup. > > TIA > Paulo Paulo, the online help is your FRIEND. Private Sub Text0_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) If KeyAscii >= 48 And KeyAscii <= 57 Then KeyAscii = 0 End If End Sub Just put this code in the KeyPress event of whatever text field you do not want to contain numbers. OR you could glue thumbtacks to the number keys on all your users keyboards... Thought I'd add my 2 cents worth. Avoid magic numbers, especially when you can use builtin VBA constants. The following is a little more intuitive to read and a future developer does not have to lookup 48 and 57 to see exactly what is being blocked. Private Sub Text2_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) 'Cancel any numeric keys If KeyAscii >= vbKey0 And KeyAscii <= vbKey9 Then KeyAscii = 0 End If End Sub The above solu...

how to get the specified number of records from ms access database
Hi there, Can anybody help me in, how to get the specified number of (say 35 at a time) from ms acess database. Please let me know the steps or idea. Thanks dhaniram@gmail.com wrote: > Hi there, > > Can anybody help me in, how to get the specified number of (say 35 at a > time) from ms acess database. Please let me know the steps or idea. > > Thanks > e.g. select top 35 * from table -- [Oo=w=oO] ...

How to link fields in MS word document to Access database
Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an access database? What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in an Access database. I also want to later select the document (from a file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields from the database. Of course if there are then any updates I want to put them back into the database. Workable? Anyone with sample code? Bob Alston On Jun 10, 6:21=A0pm, Bob Alston <bobalst...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an > access database? Hello Bob, Instead of Word documents I use RTF-documents. RTF-documents act just like Word documents in Word. The difference is that RFT-documents are plain text-files, and can easily be processed in Access to find - with the appropriate placeholders - the filled in information. HBInc. > > What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields > word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be > opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in > an Access database. =A0I also want to later select the document (from a > file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields > from the database. =A0Of course if there are then ...

How to convert Number Field to Text Field
I'm newbie in Filemaker, currently I'm using Filemaker pro v 6.01 on Windows XP. I have a small problem. I'm trying to make a solution for Hotel Rate. I want to change the USD. 0.00 to "Included" for breakfast rate which already included in the room rate. Anybody can help, will be much appreciated. Thanks. "Adhie" <priyadi77@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ba1b5c27.0404080446.21e110b2@posting.google.com... > I'm newbie in Filemaker, currently I'm using Filemaker pro v 6.01 on > Windows XP. I have a small problem. I'm trying to make a ...

Linking A Text Field With A Number Field
Is there any way to link a field I'll call StudentId in Table1 with StudentId in Table2? In Table1, StudentId is a number and in Table2 it's a text field. The values match up fine so other than one being a number and the other a text field, everything else would be okay. I know I can create an append query to copy, say, Table2 to e.g. Table3 and make StudentId a number field in Student3 but wondered if there's a more "elegant" solution. Thanks, Sheldon Potolsky On Mar 6, 11:42=A0am, Sheldon <SHPsalm...@aol.com> wrote: > Is there any way to link a field I'll call StudentId in Table1 with > StudentId in Table2? =A0In Table1, StudentId is a number and in Table2 > it's a text field. =A0The values match up fine so other than one being a > number and the other a text field, everything else would be okay. =A0I > know I can create an append query to copy, say, Table2 to e.g. Table3 > and make StudentId a number field in Student3 but wondered if there's > a more "elegant" solution. > > Thanks, > > Sheldon Potolsky You could use Cstr() or Clng() functions - depending on which side you're doing the connection. If you are going from a number to text convert it to Text with a Cstr() or vice versa. Sol. Sheldon wrote: > Is there any way to link a field I'll call StudentId in Table1 with > StudentId in Table2? In Table1, StudentId is a number and in Table2 > it's a text field. ...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want to throw away your C++ and use Microsoft Access for the job? If you want to keep C++, you can ask for C++ code in another newsgroup, because we'd just be guessing. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Forcing a New Line in a Text Field in MS Access using VB
Heya! I feel I'm beating an old horse to death with this question but I can't get around the problem. I want to update a text field on a form with a string from a VB module. I need enter/linefeeds in the string. I've tried: Chr(10) & Chr(13) Chr(13) & Chr(10 vbnewline vbcrlf none of which seem to work. I've set the properties for the text box to [Enter Key Behavior] = 'New Line In Field' and [Can Grow] = 'yes'. At the moment, my code looks like this: celsql = celsql _ & "Program: " & encname _ & vbCrLf _ & vbCrLf _ & "Start Time: " & sttim _ & vbCrLf _ & "Participants: " & numpart _ & vbCrLf _ & "Confirmed by Curator: " & cbc _ & vbCrLf _ & "Client: " & clntnm _ & vbCrLf _ & "Contact: " & cntct _ & vbCrLf _ & vbCrLf Forms(frm)(bts) = celsql If I toss this string into a [MsgBox], it comes out fine. It's just something about the text field... I'm working in MSAccess 2007, but need it backwards compatible to 2003. I'd really appreciate any advice. Cheers, KG I've seen this type of problem before, but I typically just use a separate text box for each data field. Is there a par...

HELP! Retriving field names and properties from MS Access database using ASP
Hi everyone! I have a really frustrating error and need help. I&#8217;m trying to do a function that gets the properties and names of the fields in a MS Access database using ASP. I haven&#8217;t programmed in a while so I&#8217;m quite lost. Once I have the my database structure I will insert the corresponding fields from a web form but the database is huge and I want to be able to change the database and form without changing the ASP code all the time. This is my function that is not working yet. I cant seem to connect properly to the database... Function InsertDataBase() ...

Get the real type of columns from MS Access databases(OLEObject, text, memo, numeric)
Hello, I made one application that opens MS Access databases.And I have one problem.How can I find the real data type of columns(text, memo, OLEObject, numeric) like it is into Access.I tried with resultSetMetaData.getColumnType(columnIndex) but I receive java.sql.Types.I have two columns that contains OLEObjects(images).But I receive two different types for columns : VARCHAR once, and for second column SMALLINT.I only want to see the types like in Access(OLEObjects, Text, Numeric, Memo...).Thanks in advance! Best regards, Calin Pop ...

Sorting a Text field like a Number Field
I have a table with around 18,000 records in it. One of the fields is a Text field, but 85% of the things in that field is a number (The other 15% is a number with a text suffix). I was wondering if there was an easy way to Sort this field as if it were a number (because, when it sorts as text it looks like this... 1 11 12 14 2 21 24 3 35 So far, the only thing I came up with was to make a query with this expression... TempSection: CDbl([Section]) But that either produces a #Error for those rows where the Section has a text character in there or it won't even open the query in datasheet view because of Data type mismatch in criteria expression. What can I do? Can I create an iif statement to catch that error? or Something? Thanks! -- Nathan Try this: sc:iif(isnumeric(x!y),cdbl(x!y),0) where X is table and Y is field. Sort on this but display y. This will place all fields containing text at the top and then sort numbers. If you want all text fields at the bottom then change 0 to 99999999. If you really need to sort the text contianing fields as well you will need a funtion to extract the numeric part and use that as the arguement to cdbl. You wouldn't need the iif function then. Good Luck Ira Solomon On 5 Oct 2003 16:31:25 -0700, ngiven@hotmail.com (Nathan Given) wrote: >I have a table with around 18,000 records in it. One of the fields is >a Text field, but 85% of the things in that fiel...

MS Qry and text field to date field
I am using MS Query to pull files (from IBM AS400) and put them in Excel. However, when I do this the dates are now text fields. The text/ Date field looks like this: 20070331 (YYYYMMDD) I would like the change this text to a date field so Excel will see it as a date. Can someone please help me? I have looked all over the place for a solution and I have found nothing. Also, if you know of a good place to get information on MS query please let me know. /Thanks! wwolford wrote: > I am using MS Query to pull files (from IBM AS400) and put them in > Excel. However, when I do this the dates are now text fields. The text/ > Date field looks like this: 20070331 (YYYYMMDD) > > > I would like the change this text to a date field so Excel will see > it as a date. > > Can someone please help me? I have looked all over the place for a > solution and I have found nothing. > > Also, if you know of a good place to get information on MS query > please let me know. > > /Thanks! > In Access you could use DateSerial. Ex: x ="20070331" ? dateserial(left(x,4),Mid(x,5,2),mid(x,7,2)) ...

reading in file with text and numbers to be able to access numbers
Hi. I am trying to read in a file that was created by another application. The first two lines of this file are composed of text that I don't need. Following are 100 lines of numbers that I do need. Any idea on how to load this file without making an overly specific script? The number of rows of numbers the other application generates varies. Thank you for any tips! Look at the TEXTREAD function. One of the options is 'headerlines', to tell it the number of lines to skip at the beginning of the file. So you would do something like this: n = textread('myfile.txt','...

Accessing text form fields name=field[label]

Web resources about - number zero in text field - comp.databases.ms-access

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Don't call us: Centrelink bosses remove phone numbers and email from directory
Tom was savvy enough to take his complaints straight to Centrelink management.

Major cities attract growing number of immigrants
Major cities attract growing number of immigrants

Japan wants to boost fuel-cell numbers 100x by 2020
... , Hydrogen Japan shoots for 40,000 fuel-cell cars on its road by 2020, 800,000 by 2030 Continue reading Japan wants to boost fuel-cell numbers ...

Anonymous serious about stopping Donald Trump's 'Fourth Reich', shares his cellphone number and more
... the messages The hacktivist collective has also shared some of Trump’s personal information via Pastebin , including his social security number, ...

Anonymous says it hacked Donald Trump and leaked his social security number
A few days ago, hacker collective Anonymous declared a "total war" on Republican front-runner Donald Trump , and it looks like the group may ...

Sting's WWE Retirement Leaves Fans with a Number of What-Ifs
As Sting has abruptly reached the end of his WWE journey, it's hard not to look back and dissect the steps he took to get there. The Vigilante ...

Startling number of kids diagnosed with psych disorders
Startling number of kids diagnosed with psych disorders

Self-Defense: Awareness Is Number One
"If someone is willing to hurt you in a public place, think what they would do to you in a secluded place."