On SetFocus, the text in the textbox get selected. I want the prompt to be AFTER the text

Trough code I put focus on a textbox.
My problem is that the existing letters in that text box get selected
(black background) so when users type in new letters, the existing text
is replaced.
-Is there any way to awoid this?
Like some code that do the some thing as a user that mouse clicks AFTER
the text.

My goal is that the users just should type on and Access should ADD
what they type after whatever text is already in the textbox.

Thank you for any info!

Robert

Robert_5032@yahoo.com wrote:
> Trough code I put focus on a textbox.
> My problem is that the existing letters in that text box get selected
> (black background) so when users type in new letters, the existing text
> is replaced.
> -Is there any way to awoid this?
> Like some code that do the some thing as a user that mouse clicks AFTER
> the text.
>
> My goal is that the users just should type on and Access should ADD
> what they type after whatever text is already in the textbox.
>
> Thank you for any info!
>
> Robert

Look in help at
SelLength, SelStart, SelText Properties for a text box.

Ron

0
rwr (48)
8/23/2006 1:48:41 PM
you can change the behavior in the entire database by opening the database
window and from the menu bar selecting Tools | Options | Keyboard tab and in
the Behavior Entering Field section, choose Go to end of field.

to change the behavior of a specific textbox control, add the following code
to the control's OnEnter event procedure, as

    Me!ControlName.SelStart = Me!ControlName.SelLength

change ControlName to the correct name of the control, of course.

hth

<Robert_5032@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Trough code I put focus on a textbox.
> My problem is that the existing letters in that text box get selected
> (black background) so when users type in new letters, the existing text
> is replaced.
> -Is there any way to awoid this?
> Like some code that do the some thing as a user that mouse clicks AFTER
> the text.
>
> My goal is that the users just should type on and Access should ADD
> what they type after whatever text is already in the textbox.
>
> Thank you for any info!
>
> Robert

0
nospam8319 (412)
8/23/2006 1:51:27 PM
Tools, Options, Keyboard and select Go to end of field in the Behavior
entering field box.

Robert_5032@yahoo.com wrote:
>Trough code I put focus on a textbox.
>My problem is that the existing letters in that text box get selected
>(black background) so when users type in new letters, the existing text
>is replaced.
>-Is there any way to awoid this?
>Like some code that do the some thing as a user that mouse clicks AFTER
>the text.
>
>My goal is that the users just should type on and Access should ADD
>what they type after whatever text is already in the textbox.
>
>Thank you for any info!
>
>Robert

jahoobob
8/23/2006 1:52:02 PM
"Tools | Options | Keyboard tab and in
the Behavior Entering Field section, choose Go to end of field."

I worked perfect!
Thank you very much all!

Robert

Get the real type of columns from MS Access databases(OLEObject, text, memo, numeric)
Hello, I made one application that opens MS Access databases.And I have one problem.How can I find the real data type of columns(text, memo, OLEObject, numeric) like it is into Access.I tried with resultSetMetaData.getColumnType(columnIndex) but I receive java.sql.Types.I have two columns that contains OLEObjects(images).But I receive two different types for columns : VARCHAR once, and for second column SMALLINT.I only want to see the types like in Access(OLEObjects, Text, Numeric, Memo...).Thanks in advance! Best regards, Calin Pop ...

How to get selected text from a text edit control?
I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. I can get the current text by calling char buf[256]; Size textSize = 0; GetControlData(controlRef, kControlEditTextPart, kControlEditTextTextTag, 255, buf, &textSize); but how do I get only the text that is currently selected (highlighted)? thanks, Shai In article <1111086224.345185.78280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, shai@waves.com wrote: > I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. > I can get the current text by calling > > char buf[256]; > Size textSize = 0; ...

text-text

text + text

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want to throw away your C++ and use Microsoft Access for the job? If you want to keep C++, you can ask for C++ code in another newsgroup, because we'd just be guessing. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Text bind command not selecting text
I am putting together a small report editor and need some help with the following problem. I would like the user to type in some text and then later be able to select either all of it or a portion of it for formatting (ie. centering, bold, italic,etc.) by typing in a command like Ctrl-A. The following code is what I came up for this process but for some reason the text does not get selected. Can someone tell why this code doesn't work? ################################################################ # use strict ; use Tk ; use Tk::NoteBook ; my $fTab ; my $mw = MainW...

How to get text in text box to wrap?
The variable {job-name} in this code snippet does NOT wrap, resulting in the text running off the page. How would I get job-name to word wrap? pageWidth 36 mul % x = pageWidth * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 36 mul % y = pageHeight * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 2 mul add % y += 1 line 2 copy % Copy X & Y moveto (Title: ) RIGHT moveto ({job-name}) show This postscript file is from the CUPS printing application on a Linux system. Here is the complete file: FILE: /usr/share/cups/banners/standard %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792 %%Pages: 1 %%LanguageLevel: 1 %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit %%DocumentSuppliedResources: procset bannerprint/1.0 %%DocumentNeededResources: font Helvetica Helvetica-Bold Times-Roman %%Creator: Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products %%CreationDate: May 10, 2000 %%Title: Test Page %%EndComments %%BeginProlog %%BeginResource procset bannerprint 1.1 0 % % PostScript banner page for the Common UNIX Printing System ("CUPS"). % % Copyright 1993-2005 Easy Software Products % % These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the % property of Easy Software Products and are protected by Federal % copyright law. Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file % "LICENSE.txt" which should have been included with this file. If this % file is missing or damaged please contact Easy Software Products % at: % % Attn: CUPS Licensing Information % Easy Software Products % 44141 Airport View Drive...

getting text from a textbox
Hi, I'm interfacing TCL to Lisp and using a textbox. I'm retrieving the text from the textbox using <textbox name> get 1.0 end-1c when I do I get "(define factorial 0 -> 1 X -> (* X (factorial (- X 1))))" whereas I should get this with no blank lines. "(define factorial 0 -> 1 X -> (* X (factorial (- X 1))))" Is this a TCL/tk thing? Mark Mark Tarver wrote: > Hi, > > I'm interfacing TCL to Lisp and using a textbox. I'm retrieving the > text from the textbox using > > <textbox name> get 1.0 end-1c > > when I do I get > > "(define factorial > > 0 -> 1 > > X -> (* X (factorial (- X 1))))" > > whereas I should get this with no blank lines. > > "(define factorial > 0 -> 1 > X -> (* X (factorial (- X 1))))" > > Is this a TCL/tk thing? > > Mark > It doesn't do that on Win7 with wish85 . Hexdump the resulting text and look for \r and \n characters - 0d and 0a. console show proc dump { s } { set tog "" set k 0 foreach c [split $s "" ] { if {[expr $k % 16]==0} { puts -nonewline [format "'%s'\n %04x : " $tog $k ] set tog "" } if {[string is print $c]} { set tog [set tog][set c] } else { set ...

Getting Selected Text
Is there a way to retrieve the selected text from a standard Windows edit box? I don't find a built-in message to get the highlighted text. Right now, I have a function with a loop that gets all characters from beginning to end of selection, but am I wasting my time while is there an easier way? Hello, Check the EM_GETSELTEXT message. -- Elias "Pizzor2000" <extranms@att.net> wrote in message news:kbJNb.45371$6y6.944325@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Is there a way to retrieve the selected text from a standard Windows edit > box? I don&#...

How do I get corresponding option field for selected text in html select
I have an array called voyageArr where I have the two fields Vesselid and Vesselname. I want to add VesselName as display field and Vesselid as the corresponding field for selected VesselName Here is the html seelct control <select id="DDLVesselName"> </select> Here is how I add data to the html select control. This works fine the Vesselname is displayed in the html select control. function Display(flag) { for (var i = 0; i < voyageArr.length; i++) { $('#DDLVesselName').append($("<option value=" + voyageArr[i].Vesselid + "></option>").text(voyageArr[i].VesselName)); } } Here is how I get the display field var ship = $("#DDLVesselName option:selected").text(); How do I write if I want the corresponding option field which is Vesselid for selected VesselName //Tony "Tony" wrote in message news:knf9po$co1$1@dont-email.me... I have an array called voyageArr where I have the two fields Vesselid and Vesselname. I want to add VesselName as display field and Vesselid as the corresponding field for selected VesselName Here is the html seelct control <select id="DDLVesselName"> </select> Here is how I add data to the html select control. This works fine the Vesselname is displayed in the html select control. function Display(flag) { for (var i = 0; i < voyageArr.length; i+...

Using Control-a to select all text in a text widget
I'm having a difficult time binding Control-a so it selects all the text in a widget just like the default Control-/ binding does. I've tried: ..t bind <Control-a> [.t bind <Control-/>] But [.t bind <Control-/>] returns nothing. If I do: ..t bind <Control-/> {puts "Selecting all"} ..t bind <Control-a> [.t bind <Control-/>] When I hit Control-/ I get at the prompt "Selecting all" and all the text is selected. But when I hit Control-a all I get is the "Selecting all" at the prompt and no text is selected. I've also tried: ..t bind <Control-a> {.t tag add sel 1.0 end} And that doesn't work either. In fact, with this code if you do Control-/ and then Control-a it unselects everything. And dumping the tags for the entire region show the tagon/tagoff for sel are gone. Does anyone know the semantics of Control-/? There's got to be more to it. - Ian I've just found this thread: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/5c1df73696e94962/38ec894e32bafcd2?lnk=gst&q=select+all&rnum=8#38ec894e32bafcd2 Which seems to suggest there's nothing fancy about Control-/. - Ian And to answer my own question, the following works: bind .t <Control-a> {%W tag add sel 1.0 end; break;} - Ian On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:54:06 -0000, sniff.scratch@gmail.com wrote: >I'm having a difficult time binding Control-a so it selects all the >text in a w...

How do I 'SELECT All' text in a text box
I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command butten. Thank for help Dave Try this... Private Sub Command1_Click() With Text1 .SelStart = 0 .SelLength = Len(.Text) .SetFocus End With End Sub Rick - MVP "Dave" <last2try@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:fo0b90h0j9imbvntdea3uu2mefth5teufr@4ax.com... > I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command > butten. > > Thank for help > Dave ...

How to get a ordered text combining Text and values
How can I to get a correct label in this case: In[]: k=18; Text["My curve for" k "units"] Out[]: My curve for 18 units Thanks k = 18; Text["My curve for " <> ToString[k] <> " units"] My curve for 18 units Bob Hanlon ---- Miguel <misvrne@gmail.com> wrote: > How can I to get a correct label in this case: > In[]: k=18; > Text["My curve for" k "units"] > > Out[]: My curve for 18 units > > Thanks > Some examples with increasing levels of format control. myLabel[value_] := Row[{"My curve for ", value, " units"}] myLabel[18] myLabel[value_] := Style[Row[{"My curve for ", value, " units"}], 16, "Panel", Background -> None] myLabel[18] myLabel[value_] := Style[Row[{"My curve for ", NumberForm[value, {4, 3}], " units"}], 16, "Panel", Background -> None] myLabel[N[Pi]] -- David Park djmpark@comcast.net http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/ "Miguel" <misvrne@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g3dcd0$rdv$1@smc.vnet.net... > How can I to get a correct label in this case: > In[]: k=18; > Text["My curve for" k "units"] > > Out[]: My curve for 18 units > > Thanks > On 6/19/08 at 6:28 AM, misvrne@gmail.com (Miguel) wrote: >How can I to get a correct label...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Old ms-access file, showing wrong text in access xp
Dear sirs: I've one old .mdb file ( since 97). now when I open it, it converts most of text to strange unicode characters. can I stop this conversion and ask access to just show original non-unicode characters? Thanks Bijan ...

Wrapping Text
I'm trying to export an Access table to a pipe-delimited text file (with no text qualifier) and it keeps wrapping the text for one of the tables. None of the fields are particularly long, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. Any ideas how I can stop it from wrapping the text in the text file? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200803/1 Leviathan wrote: >I'm trying to export an Access table to a pipe-delimited text file (with no >text qualifier) and it keeps wrapping the text for one of the tables. None of >the fields are particularly long, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. Any >ideas how I can stop it from wrapping the text in the text file? Nevermind, figured it out. Looks like there was a carriage return in defining one of the cells in the query. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200803/1 ...

Confusing behavior regarding selected text in a text widget
Greetings one and all, I am having trouble understanding how lines of text that have been "selected" in a text widget are placed in the clipboard. Here's what's happening. I have a text widget that contains only lines of text. Some of the lines are covered by a tag that makes them invisible to the user. Specifically, if ".t" is a text widget, I have defined the tag "hide_tag": .t tag configure hide_tag -elide 1 and apply it from start of line through end of line. If one then "selects" lines of text that contain these "invisible" lines and copies them to the clipboard using control-C, all selected lines show up in the clipboard, including the "invisible" ones. I understand why this is happening and, in hindsight, I should have anticipated it, but nonetheless, it is undesirable behavior and needs to be fixed in my application. I've attempted to fix this by binding a proc to the <<Copy>> virtual event and having that proc copy all selected text that is not "invisible" to the clipboard using "clipboard clear" and "clipboard append" commands. Although the proc appears to do the correct thing, i.e., excludes the "invisible" lines, nonetheless, all selected lines, even the "invisible" ones, still appear in the clipboard. Something's going on here and I don't know what it is! Can anyone help? I have attached below example code ...

textbox... new text... old text... different colors
hello, is this possible to do using the textbox widget: i want to show the user a text widget with some text already filled in. and i want to allow the user to edit the textbox and add in new text. but i would like the old text and the new text to be different colors. for. e.g. textbox pops up with text ABCD in color green. user adds EFGH and it is in red. thanks in advance. saab Saab Siddiqui wrote: > hello, > > is this possible to do using the textbox widget: > > i want to show the user a text widget with some text already filled in. and > i want to allow the user to edit the textbox and add in new text. but i > would like the old text and the new text to be different colors. > > for. e.g. textbox pops up with text ABCD in color green. user adds EFGH and > it is in red. Here's a quick hack that does that; not sure if it meets your needs or not. It overrides the widget proc with a custom proc that adds one or more tags to everything that is inserted. In the following example all "new" text will be in reverse video. # create a text widget and a scrollbar text .t -yscrollcommand [list .vsb set] scrollbar .vsb -orient vertical -command [list .t yview] pack .vsb -side right -fill y pack .t -side left -fill both -expand y # this is how we want all new text to be displayed ..t tag configure new \ -background [.t cget -foreground] \ -foreground [.t cget -background] # insert some sample data set defaultTags {} ...

Getting kind of abstract text snippets from text nodes
Hi everybody, I am about implementing a little search engine that searches a phrase over xml text nodes. I got that all working fine but what I want as the results is not the complete text of the textnode, I would like to make an abstract like result list (such output that you get with google searches. For eg .... I am the <b>substring</b> from a complete text node ... where "substring" is the search term. The problem is simple (I think): I want to extract all the text parts of the complete text node, where search searchterm is highlighted, surrounded by the text like 30 characters. I found an intersting post "cut down text" which is almost that what I am looking for, but there the text is just trimmed by x characters. Is anybody here, that has an "elegant" way to solve that or some hints that get me to the solution? I am not able to use regex (would be nice though) My parser is Sablotron so I am restricted to the functions that I get. (1.0). Any help is greatly appreciated. regards, Andreas W Wylach Think about dividing the text into three parts: before your target, the target itself, and after the target. Process each appropriately. If you want to report multiple instances within the same block of text, look at the standard examples of recursive text processing. -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry "Andreas W. Wylach" <aw@ioc...

text 2 text

Pages

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter.net>... > Peter Flynn had an example like that, which he either posted here or > posted a link here. It was something to do with a certificate -- try > searching for his name and that word in google. > > It wouldn't be hard to do with metapost. I have a macro called `pathalong' > which puts text along an arbitrary path. Well, it's been a while, but I finally finished it. It's a little job I was doing for an upcoming wedding. At any rate, I used pstricks to make the text go along a path, along with a couple of hacks for sizing (from graphicx) and kerning along the line (from soul). Here's the code (don't laugh): CAUTION:THIS CODE MAY MAKE YOU WRETCH ---SNIP--- \documentclass{article} \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{pstricks,pst-text,nopageno} \usepackage[width=8.5in]{geometry} \usepackage{soul} \begin{document} \thispagestyle{empty} \set...

tktreectrl
Hello: I'm sorry for asking such a beginner question but I can't seem to find my answer through docs or the internet so far. What I want to do, is get the text in column 1 in all of the currently selected items of a tktreectrl. I get the selection easily by calling "set selected_items [.t selection get]", but what do I do with the list after that? set selected_items [.t selection get] set first [lindex $selected_items 0] set my_column_text [.t get first ??????? # I don't know what to call here to get me the text in the element of column 1 Thanks for any help you can give me! set items [$win.list selection get] set item [lindex $items 0] set id [$win.list item text $item 0] Ramon Rib� En Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:54:48 +0200, blaven@gmail.com <blaven@gmail.com> escribi�: > Hello: > I'm sorry for asking such a beginner question but I can't seem to > find my answer through docs or the internet so far. What I want to do, > is get the text in column 1 in all of the currently selected items of a > tktreectrl. I get the selection easily by calling "set selected_items > [.t selection get]", but what do I do with the list after that? > > set selected_items [.t selection get] > set first [lindex $selected_items 0] > set my_column_text [.t get first ??????? > # I don't know what to call here to get me the text in the element of > column 1 > > Thanks for any help you can g...

Web resources about - On SetFocus, the text in the textbox get selected. I want the prompt to be AFTER the text - comp.databases.ms-access

记一个土鳖的百度贴吧发帖脚本
一个python程序员的BLOG空间,使用Django搭建:: Frostmourne

CPearson.com Topic Index
Advanced Software Design And Development Pearson Software Consulting www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com Office Integration Projects NET Programming ...

Issues - google-web-toolkit - Google Web Toolkit (GWT) - Google Project Hosting
My favorites ▼ - Sign in google-web-toolkit Google Web Toolkit (GWT) Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Source New issue Search Search within: ...

Windows scripting and Windows Macro Automation utilities - automate your PC with Windows scripting for ...
Windows scripting and easy Windows automation with Macro Scheduler. With this Windows scripting tool, you can use over 200 powerful script commands ...

Techrockies.com - Technology Jobs Jobs - techrockies.com
Southern California Silicon Valley Rocky Mountains Pacific Northwest Texas Socaltech.com High Tech News and Information for Southern California ...

Antivirus scan for c4e99fdcd40bee6eb6ce85167969348d at 2014-03-09 17:04:36 UTC - VirusTotal
× Cookies are disabled! This site requires cookies to be enabled to work properly Community Statistics Documentation FAQ About Join our community ...

Flash Tip: ComboBox Component Breaks Buttons
I'm posting this Flash problem more for my own future reference, but perhaps someone else will benefit. Basically I'm generally wary of using ...

My Info - Enterprise Touch This and Karl on WPF
Current Position Solution Architect and Lead Developer at Gayle Manufacturing Company. My Progression Been programming computers since 7th grade. ...

android mapview实现弹出层功能
分享一个点击地图实现标注,并且点击该点标注显示该点的经纬度(通过弹出层)的功能。如图-1所示。通过弹出层可以显示更为复杂的布局,点击关闭按钮即可删除显示层。 图-1. mapview弹出层功能 主要思路:1.第一步当然是要让地图显示出来,并设置相关的参数。 2.布局好弹出层的xml布局文件。 ...

XBot scripting
List of methods for developing scripts in XBot.