Open Access Database Form from within Access database

I have included the following code to open an Access database form from
within an exsisting Access database.  But when I run the code, it
appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see
the database has the .ldb file extension.  So it appears that it's open,
but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open.  What
am I doing wrong.  The following is the code:

'This is in the declaration part of the module

Dim appAccess As Access.Application

' Initialize string to database path.

Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents and Settings\My
Documents\Careset Data Verification\Error Log Database.mdb"

strDB = strConPathToSamples & "Error Log Database.mdb"

' Create new instance of Microsoft Access.

Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application")

' Open database in Microsoft Access window.

appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase strConPathToSamples

' Open form.

appAccess.DoCmd.OpenForm "Import Error Logs", acNormal

Thanks in advanced,

bailee220

After these lines of code:

' Create new instance of Microsoft Access.

Set appAccess = CreateObject("Access.Application")

' Open database in Microsoft Access window.

appAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase strConPathToSamples

    '-->you need to place this line of code

appAccess.Visible = True  '<--missing this line here

Rich

rpng123 (1033)

Good day: Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file extension of .mde? I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized format". Any help is greatfull. TIA This usually indicates an attempt to open an Access 2000 database in an earlier version. -- MichKa [MS] NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development Globalization Infrastructure and Font Technologies This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a0a64947.0311151242.4df0c8a3@posting.google.com... > Good day: > > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file > extension of .mde? > > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized > format". > > Any help is greatfull. > > TIA Best place to get answers is at the official MVP site: http://mvp.org Robyn Schulz, MVP A) That url isn't. B) If that's the best place to get answers, why do you hang out in a newsgroup designed to give ...

Opening access database for exclusive access
hi Folks, I am opening my access database file (Access 2003) from a C# application. The connection string specifies mode=Share Exclusive The intent is that the application have exclusive access to the database file. No other instance of MS Access or this particular C# application (or any other app) should be able to open the access database file concurrently. however it seems that this is not happening. A second instance of my program run from another computer under another LAN user id can successfully open a connection to the database using the same connection string, specifying Share Exclusive. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. -John jljamison#gmail.com@NOSPAM never mind - i figured it out. I had inadvertently put two "Mode=..." pairs in my connection string, the latter one was less restrictive. ...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

Access 2003 database will not open using Access 2002
Hi everyone. I am trying to open a database which works fine using Access 2003, but when trying to open it on another PC that has Access 2002 I get the following error "This database is unrecognised file format, it may have been created with a later version of Access, upgrade to a later version..." Could anyone please help to resolve this issue. Many thanks. Joe. Use Access 2003 to decompile the database. To decompile, create a copy, and enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb" Then compact the database to get rid of this junk: Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair Although Access 2002 and 2003 share the same file format, each version of Access creates a different binary for the compiled code. What it's supposed to do it automatically discard the 2003 binary when you open the database in A2002, and create the new binary on the fly. In practice, this doesn't always work. The decompile explicitly discarding the binary, which usually solves the problem. This issue is common enough that IMHO, it is always worth decompiling when switching version, especially when reverting to an earlier version. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, r...

Is it possible to open an Access 2007 accdb database in Access 2003?
I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Robert Hi, Robert. >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way >I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Sorry. "Unrecognized database format." ACCDB's require Access 2007. HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials. Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact info. "Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote in message news:S2O0i.38$eP6.33@newsfe06.lga... >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way >I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? > > Robert > On Thu, 10 May 2007 19:25:51 -0400, "Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote: Software rarely is forward compatible, and Access 2003 is no exception. Does your software anticipate the changes you'll make four years later? -Tom. >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I >could open an accdb database in Access 2003? > >Robert > "Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote in news:S2O0i.38$eP6.33@newsfe06.lga: > I understand that new features would not be available but is there > any way I ...

Opening databases with out MS access
Hi, I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have any ideas, please help. Thanks > I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and > what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without > opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database > without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an > executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have > any ideas, please help. Thanks You cannot use Access interface without having Access installed into your pc. -- PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci www.pbsoft.it skype: pbsoftsolution http://www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0001.htm *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Gabriele Bertolucci" <info@REMOVEpbsoft.it> wrote > You cannot use Access interface without > having Access installed into your pc. You can use (but not modify the design of) an Access database if you have the Access runtime, as packaged by the Office Developer Edition (pre-2003) or by the Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003 System. If, in your view, installing the Access runtime qualifies as "having Access install...

Blocking users from accessing Access database
Hi, All I try to block some one import my Access database tables using Access database. I used password protection, but if some one crack through my password, are there any other methods to block some one importing my tables using Access database? Thanks kai "kai" wrote > I used password protection, but if some > one crack through my password, are > there any other methods to block some > one importing my tables using Access > database? No, not that I know of, if they break security (and it isn't all that difficult). Security on a desktop database that someone can copy as a file, take away, and work on at their leisure isn't ever going to be as good as security on a server database. If your data tables are very important to you, that would be the way to go -- a server database with an Access front-end. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP Larry, Thanks Kai "Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message news:khO4d.1375$Jj4.548@trnddc06... > "kai" wrote > > > I used password protection, but if some > > one crack through my password, are > > there any other methods to block some > > one importing my tables using Access > > database? > > No, not that I know of, if they break security (and it isn't all that > difficult). Security on a desktop database that someone can copy as a > file, > take away, and work on at their leisure i...

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

Form Timer event fails to fire on heavy database access: Access 2003 bug?
I have a puzzling form timer problem that I didn't experience prior to Access 2003 (though I'm not sure access 2003 is to blame). Here's the situation: a computer has two access 2003 databases on it, a frontend and a backend. Case 1: If vba code on the frontend updates many rows (360,000) on the backend, a form's timer event (from the frontend) will stop firing until the user gives the form focus. (Note that the update itself always completes correctly.) Case 2: If a copy of the entire backend is made to a different computer, the form's timer event (from the frontend) again stops firing until the user gives the form focus. (This is an entirely differnet frontend than the one in case 1. Note that the copy operation itself always completes correctly.) Despite being reproducible, this is a hard bug to test, because there is no "crash": the timer event simply seems to stop firing, and the code operates normally again (the timer event fires again) once the form at issue (or even the vba code window) gets the focus. I've tried isolating various hardware culprits (ide drivers etc.), with no luck. Any suggestions are welcome. Manuel Lopez wrote: > I have a puzzling form timer problem that I didn't experience prior to > Access 2003 (though I'm not sure access 2003 is to blame). > > Here's the situation: a computer has two access 2003 databases on it, a > frontend and a backend. > > Case 1: If vba code...

Web resources about - Open Access Database Form from within Access database - comp.databases.ms-access

Larry Ellison shrugs off Amazon, Microsoft play for Oracle database business
... companies – Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) – both made it easier for Oracle's (NYSE: ORCL) customers to move their databases ...