Opening a new instance of Access along with the mdb

I have searched the forum and can't see where I am going wrong here.
The first part of my statement works fine.
When I add beyond the "&" it breaks ... not finding the file. It's
there and it's named correctly.

stAppName = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\MSACCESS.EXE" &
"S:\Shared\Access\mydb.mdb"
    Call Shell(stAppName, 1)

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Thanks
WJ

Wild Bill wrote:
> Any ideas where I am going wrong?

There needs to be a space between the application name and the path to the
MDB file.  You've concatenated two strings together without that space.

Granny
10/12/2006 11:21:10 PM
I swear that I die on quotes and spaces in my code.
 Thanks Granny S!
Works like a charm.

Now I can get rid of that nasty batch file that we are using currently.

Cheers,
Will Bill

You're welcome, Bill!  I'm pleased I could be of help.

Granny

Ran a batch file or an MS Access macro shortcut without opening another instance of access
I am trying to use Windows Task Scheduler to run a batch file for an already open MS Access database. Below is the syntax to the batch file: Batch file: DailySalesExport.bat REM This runs the macro that exports the reports to the J drive PATH = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\;C:\Windows\Command" START /WAIT Msaccess.exe "D:\acesdata\SALES\Daily2005.mdb" /x "SnapShotExportDailySales" EXIT Its working fine, the only problem is that its opening another instance of MS Access and i dont want it to do that since that databse is already open. I have to live ...

Opening access database for exclusive access
hi Folks, I am opening my access database file (Access 2003) from a C# application. The connection string specifies mode=Share Exclusive The intent is that the application have exclusive access to the database file. No other instance of MS Access or this particular C# application (or any other app) should be able to open the access database file concurrently. however it seems that this is not happening. A second instance of my program run from another computer under another LAN user id can successfully open a connection to the database using the same connection string, specifying Share E...

[News] Interview About Open Access and New Milestone for Budapest Open Access Initiative

Opening databases with out MS access
Hi, I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have any ideas, please help. Thanks > I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and > what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without > opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database > without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an > executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have > any ideas, please help. Thanks You cannot use Access interface without having Access installed into your pc. -- PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci www.pbsoft.it skype: pbsoftsolution http://www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0001.htm *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Gabriele Bertolucci" <info@REMOVEpbsoft.it> wrote > You cannot use Access interface without > having Access installed into your pc. You can use (but not modify the design of) an Access database if you have the Access runtime, as packaged by the Office Developer Edition (pre-2003) or by the Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003 System. If, in your view, installing the Access runtime qualifies as "having Access install...

Is it possible to open an Access 2007 accdb database in Access 2003?
I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Robert Hi, Robert. >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way >I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Sorry. "Unrecognized database format." ACCDB's require Access 2007. HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials. Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact info. "Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote in message news:S2O0i.38$eP6.33@newsfe06.lga... >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way >I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? > > Robert > On Thu, 10 May 2007 19:25:51 -0400, "Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote: Software rarely is forward compatible, and Access 2003 is no exception. Does your software anticipate the changes you'll make four years later? -Tom. >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I >could open an accdb database in Access 2003? > >Robert > "Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote in news:S2O0i.38$eP6.33@newsfe06.lga: > I understand that new features would not be available but is there > any way I ...

Accessing Access

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Access 2003 database will not open using Access 2002
Hi everyone. I am trying to open a database which works fine using Access 2003, but when trying to open it on another PC that has Access 2002 I get the following error "This database is unrecognised file format, it may have been created with a later version of Access, upgrade to a later version..." Could anyone please help to resolve this issue. Many thanks. Joe. Use Access 2003 to decompile the database. To decompile, create a copy, and enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb" Then compact the database to get rid of this junk: Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair Although Access 2002 and 2003 share the same file format, each version of Access creates a different binary for the compiled code. What it's supposed to do it automatically discard the 2003 binary when you open the database in A2002, and create the new binary on the fly. In practice, this doesn't always work. The decompile explicitly discarding the binary, which usually solves the problem. This issue is common enough that IMHO, it is always worth decompiling when switching version, especially when reverting to an earlier version. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, r...

Opening Access 97 mdb's with Access 2003 OK?
We have a tool built for determing which Access version an mdb is that works nicely. Problem is, hundreds of PC's here are getting reimaged without it(!) Since I've been unable to solve that problem, am quite interested in this. Can an Access 97 be harmed by opening it with the Access 2003 app as a User of the mdb.? We have LOTS of this happening here and I'm starting to research if/how much of a problem this is. If the Users have no need to change objects, (Tbls/Qrys/Forms etc..), perhaps its OK for them to View Tbls/Qrys/Macros results, even change table data with the v2003 app. I have converted LOTS of the mdb's to v2003, but hundreds more v97's are out there my scans are showing. Thx of course for info Don On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:38:45 -0800 (PST), don.fleming@pse.com wrote: We have no evidence reported in this newsgroup or anywhere else I am familiar with that would indicate this is a problem. Backward compatibility in Access is quite good. -Tom. >We have a tool built for determing which Access version an mdb is that >works nicely. Problem is, hundreds of PC's here are getting reimaged >without it(!) > >Since I've been unable to solve that problem, am quite interested in >this. Can an Access 97 be harmed by opening it with the Access 2003 >app as a User of the mdb.? We have LOTS of this happening here and >I'm starting to research if/how much of a problem this is. If the >Users have no need to chan...

open a pasword proteccted ms access database
Hi, So far I am using no pasword protected ms access database, now my client ask me to use the password protected one. Does anyone know how to do that using connection string? have tried just give the password only and blank on ussername but error. TIA "yanto" <yanto2000@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7dd63a1c-da3b-4a11-886a-f9dd8912e1a0@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > So far I am using no pasword protected ms access database, now my > client ask me to use the password protected one. Does anyone know how > to do that using connection string? have tried ...

Web resources about - Opening a new instance of Access along with the mdb - comp.databases.ms-access

Tribunal de grande instance de Paris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TGI is found in the Palace of Justice on the Île de la Cité along with Court of Appeal of Paris and Court of Cassation . This site (formerly ...

Facebook At SXSW: More Than 1 Billion Instances Of App Activity Shared Daily
More than 1 billion instances of application activity are shared via Facebook on a daily basis, and a total of more than 400 billion open graph ...

Changed the AWS instance size on the Trex server from small to large, and now it runs much better. ;-) ...
... piece. The one that made the big difference came from my longtime programming friend Chuck Shotton. We increased the size of the AWS instance ...

The Instance - Podcast App on the App Store on iTunes
Get The Instance - Podcast App on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

An instance of the fingerpost - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Quite literally a fingerpost. Pelsall, Walsall, West Midlands. I had to drive past it to get to a meeting today. Great isn't it?

Buzzfeed Cans Editor After Uncovering '40 Instances' Of Plagiarism
... Editor-In-Chief Ben Smith announced his decision to fire the site’s “viral politics” writer Benny Johnson after finding at least “40 instances” ...

ACORN website allows Canberrans to report growing instances of cybercrime
A new website to fight cybercrime is set to save police an enormous amount of time and money.

Abbott's shift on settlements one more instance of secrecy
At least the Abbott government is doing its bit for the reading skills of journalists within Australia. Since there are fewer news conferences, ...

ACORN website allows Australians to report growing instances of cybercrime
A new website to fight cybercrime is set to save police an enormous amount of time and money.

Queensland Police are investigating several instances of looting in Bundaberg and Gympie
POLICE are investigating several instances of looting in Gympie and Bundaberg in the wake of flooding.