Opening Another Database from WITHIN a Database

I have a database (2000.mdb) which links to my data tables (Data2000.mdb).
The database has a Main Menu screen (not a switchboard - a custom one).  I
need to import records from 5 text files into the 5 different Tables in
Data2000.mdb.

Here was my plan:
    Create various Import specs in Data2000.mdb
    Create a Macro (in Data2000.mdb) which calls each of the specs
sequentially.

    Place a button on the Main Menu (2000.mdb), which closes the current
database (optional), opens Data2000.mdb, runs the Macro (Import Reg), then
returns the user to the original Menu in the original database (2000.mdb)

I can't seem to get past running the Macro.  See my code below:

Private Sub cmdOpenDataTables_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X
As Single, Y As Single)

Dim wrkJet as Workspace
Dim dbsAnother as Database

    Set wrkJet = CreateWorkspace("DataWorkspace", "admin", _
        "", dbUseJet)
    Workspaces.Append wrkJet

    Set dbsAnother = wrkJet.OpenDatabase("Data2000.mdb")

    With dbsAnother
        DoCmd.RunMacro "Import Reg"
    End With

End Sub

I keep getting a "Can't find Macro Import Reg" error.
Any suggestions?  Is there an easier way to automate this? Is part of the
problem is having 2000.mdb open (and linked) to Data2000.mdb when I try to
execute this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

--
Andi  Plotsky
IRIS, LLC

404-321-9459 (office)
404-636-2331 (fax)

0
irisinfo (48)

In 2000.mdb, link the tables in the Data2000.MDB, and import the data into
the linked tables from 2000.mdb. You are complicating a simple matter trying
to _run_ the update in the data database.

  Larry Linson
  Microsoft Access MVP

"Andi Plotsky" <irisinfo@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I have a database (2000.mdb) which links to my data tables (Data2000.mdb).
> The database has a Main Menu screen (not a switchboard - a custom one).  I
> need to import records from 5 text files into the 5 different Tables in
> Data2000.mdb.
>
> Here was my plan:
>     Create various Import specs in Data2000.mdb
>     Create a Macro (in Data2000.mdb) which calls each of the specs
> sequentially.
>
>     Place a button on the Main Menu (2000.mdb), which closes the current
> database (optional), opens Data2000.mdb, runs the Macro (Import Reg), then
> returns the user to the original Menu in the original database (2000.mdb)
>
> I can't seem to get past running the Macro.  See my code below:
>

> Private Sub cmdOpenDataTables_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer,
> As Single, Y As Single)
>
> Dim wrkJet as Workspace
> Dim dbsAnother as Database
>
>     Set wrkJet = CreateWorkspace("DataWorkspace", "admin", _
>         "", dbUseJet)
>     Workspaces.Append wrkJet
>
>     Set dbsAnother = wrkJet.OpenDatabase("Data2000.mdb")
>
>     With dbsAnother
>         DoCmd.RunMacro "Import Reg"
>     End With
>
> End Sub
>
> I keep getting a "Can't find Macro Import Reg" error.
> Any suggestions?  Is there an easier way to automate this? Is part of the
> problem is having 2000.mdb open (and linked) to Data2000.mdb when I try to
> execute this?
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>

> --
> Andi  Plotsky
> IRIS, LLC
> 2859 Galahad Drive
> Atlanta, GA  30345
>
> 404-321-9459 (office)
> 404-636-2331 (fax)

0
bouncer (4168)
6/24/2004 3:24:11 AM
That's what I tried at first, but when it was time to specify which existing
table to import it to, the linked tables weren't listed.  Is there a way
around this?  (I was using TransferText in the Macro and a saved Spec.)

Andi

"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
> In 2000.mdb, link the tables in the Data2000.MDB, and import the data into
> the linked tables from 2000.mdb. You are complicating a simple matter
trying
> to _run_ the update in the data database.
>
>   Larry Linson
>   Microsoft Access MVP
>
> "Andi Plotsky" <irisinfo@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > I have a database (2000.mdb) which links to my data tables
(Data2000.mdb).
> > The database has a Main Menu screen (not a switchboard - a custom one).
> > need to import records from 5 text files into the 5 different Tables in
> > Data2000.mdb.
> >
> > Here was my plan:
> >     Create various Import specs in Data2000.mdb
> >     Create a Macro (in Data2000.mdb) which calls each of the specs
> > sequentially.
> >
> >     Place a button on the Main Menu (2000.mdb), which closes the current
> > database (optional), opens Data2000.mdb, runs the Macro (Import Reg),
then
> > returns the user to the original Menu in the original database
(2000.mdb)

> > I can't seem to get past running the Macro.  See my code below:
> >

> > Private Sub cmdOpenDataTables_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As
Integer,
> > As Single, Y As Single)
> >
> > Dim wrkJet as Workspace
> > Dim dbsAnother as Database
> >
> >     Set wrkJet = CreateWorkspace("DataWorkspace", "admin", _
> >         "", dbUseJet)
> >     Workspaces.Append wrkJet
> >
> >     Set dbsAnother = wrkJet.OpenDatabase("Data2000.mdb")
> >
> >     With dbsAnother
> >         DoCmd.RunMacro "Import Reg"
> >     End With
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > I keep getting a "Can't find Macro Import Reg" error.
> > Any suggestions?  Is there an easier way to automate this? Is part of
the
> > problem is having 2000.mdb open (and linked) to Data2000.mdb when I try
> > execute this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any assistance.
> >

> > --
> > Andi  Plotsky
> > IRIS, LLC
> > 2859 Galahad Drive
> > Atlanta, GA  30345
> >
> > 404-321-9459 (office)
> > 404-636-2331 (fax)

0
irisinfo (48)
6/24/2004 3:59:51 AM
Why use a saved spec?  Link the tables, then use a saved query
(an append query) to transfer records from one table to another.

In a macro, use RunQuery to do the transfer.
In code use RunQuery or DB.Execute

(david)

> That's what I tried at first, but when it was time to specify which
existing
> table to import it to, the linked tables weren't listed.  Is there a way
> around this?  (I was using TransferText in the Macro and a saved Spec.)
>
> Andi
>

> "Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
> > In 2000.mdb, link the tables in the Data2000.MDB, and import the data
into
> > the linked tables from 2000.mdb. You are complicating a simple matter
> trying
> > to _run_ the update in the data database.
> >
> >   Larry Linson
> >   Microsoft Access MVP
> >
> > "Andi Plotsky" <irisinfo@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > > I have a database (2000.mdb) which links to my data tables
> (Data2000.mdb).
> > > The database has a Main Menu screen (not a switchboard - a custom
one).
> > > need to import records from 5 text files into the 5 different Tables
in
> > > Data2000.mdb.
> > >
> > > Here was my plan:
> > >     Create various Import specs in Data2000.mdb
> > >     Create a Macro (in Data2000.mdb) which calls each of the specs
> > > sequentially.
> > >
> > >     Place a button on the Main Menu (2000.mdb), which closes the
current
> > > database (optional), opens Data2000.mdb, runs the Macro (Import Reg),
> then
> > > returns the user to the original Menu in the original database
> (2000.mdb)
> > >
> > > I can't seem to get past running the Macro.  See my code below:
> > >

> > > Private Sub cmdOpenDataTables_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As
> Integer,
> > > As Single, Y As Single)
> > >
> > > Dim wrkJet as Workspace
> > > Dim dbsAnother as Database
> > >
> > >     Set wrkJet = CreateWorkspace("DataWorkspace", "admin", _
> > >         "", dbUseJet)
> > >     Workspaces.Append wrkJet
> > >
> > >     Set dbsAnother = wrkJet.OpenDatabase("Data2000.mdb")
> > >
> > >     With dbsAnother
> > >         DoCmd.RunMacro "Import Reg"
> > >     End With
> > >
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > I keep getting a "Can't find Macro Import Reg" error.
> > > Any suggestions?  Is there an easier way to automate this? Is part of
> the
> > > problem is having 2000.mdb open (and linked) to Data2000.mdb when I
try
> > > execute this?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance for any assistance.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Andi  Plotsky
> > > IRIS, LLC
> > > 2859 Galahad Drive
> > > Atlanta, GA  30345
> > >
> > > 404-321-9459 (office)
> > > 404-636-2331 (fax)

0
david
6/24/2004 8:28:34 AM
Actually, I ended up with the simplest solution possible - I gave my import
files a different name (e.g. Events1.txt, instead of Events.txt, which would
have overwritten the table) and  did a TransferText macro (into Events
Table)and it worked fine.  But I'll keep the AppendQuery option in mind when
I don't have the "power" to dictate the filename specs.

Thanks for your help, Larry and David -

Andi

"david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote in message
> Why use a saved spec?  Link the tables, then use a saved query
> (an append query) to transfer records from one table to another.
>
> In a macro, use RunQuery to do the transfer.
> In code use RunQuery or DB.Execute
>
> (david)
>
> "Andi Plotsky" <irisinfo@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > That's what I tried at first, but when it was time to specify which
> existing
> > table to import it to, the linked tables weren't listed.  Is there a way
> > around this?  (I was using TransferText in the Macro and a saved Spec.)
> >
> > Andi
> >

> > "Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
> > > In 2000.mdb, link the tables in the Data2000.MDB, and import the data
> into
> > > the linked tables from 2000.mdb. You are complicating a simple matter
> > trying
> > > to _run_ the update in the data database.
> > >
> > >   Larry Linson
> > >   Microsoft Access MVP
> > >
> > > "Andi Plotsky" <irisinfo@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > (Data2000.mdb).
> one).
> in

> current
Reg),
> > then
> > (2000.mdb)

> > Integer,

> > the
> try

0
irisinfo (48)

open database from another database
I'm struggling with this, and I'm sure there's a way to do it. I would like to automate the back-up of an Access application to a writeable CD drive. I've got the process of creating a folder on the CD with the back-up date done, and I can copy the database objects (there are four MDB files in total) to the CD. All of that works. Here's my problem: because Access databases cannot be copied when they are open, I need to have my CD writing code in a new MDB, and will need to launch the new CD writing MDB from within one of the existing databases. I've done this kind of thing before, but I don't have the slightest recollection on how I did it (used to be you had to do that kind of thing in order to compact/repair through automation). So, I give up. How do you launch Access from within Access??? Well this will do it: Dim i As Variant i = Shell("msaccess d:\persprop\CSCPP.mdb") Just put in your own db path. But this does come up with the warning that requires you to click to get into to the db (in 2003). If you know how to get by that I'd like to know. You could put the function in a macro and then close the db stat started the new one. Good luck Ira Solomon On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:17:10 -0500, Mike Easter <username@domain.com> wrote: >I'm struggling with this, and I'm sure there's a way to do it. I would like >to automate the back-up of an Access application to a wri...

Need to Open Database from another Database and delete table within
I am trying to open Database #2 while in Database #1 and delete a table that is in #2 so that I can copy a table from #1 into #2 - all through a function. My Database #2, as part of the start up, opens a form for user sign in. It is not starting up with autoexec. I do not want the function to open the window and subsequently open the form in Database #2. Is there anyway to get around this? If I put the open form in the autoexec and not in the start up, can I work around it? And if so, can anyone offer any help or suggestions on the how to's. I have spent the day trying to find a way around it and have gotten nowhere, but confused. Thanks in advance for any help! > I am trying to open Database #2 while in Database #1 and delete a > table that is in #2 so that I can copy a table from #1 into #2 - all > through a function. My Database #2, as part of the start up, opens a > form for user sign in. It is not starting up with autoexec. I do not > want the function to open the window and subsequently open the form in > Database #2. Is there anyway to get around this? If I put the open > form in the autoexec and not in the start up, can I work around it? > And if so, can anyone offer any help or suggestions on the how to's. > I have spent the day trying to find a way around it and have gotten > nowhere, but confused. Have you considered simply exporting the table from the current db (#1) into db #2? Look up the "TransferDatabas...

Open a database from a database
I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim I don't know the answer, but I do know that when you use OpenDatabase the code in a startup form of that database does work. Martin "Jim Devenish" schreef in bericht news:0b4510ac-d415-4c2c-b200-7546aae178a4@gu8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com... I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening from Windows Explorer has a different meaning in that it opens and runs! What command enables me to open another database and get it to run its AutoExec macro, from code? Jim On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:37:41 -0700 (PDT), Jim Devenish <internet.shopping@foobox.com> wrote: Have you tried the Shell command? If you weren't using the AutoExec macro but one with another name, you could use the /X command line switch for msaccess.exe -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I want to be able to open and run an Access database from within an >already running one. The OpenDatabase command simply opens it but >does not run the startup routine. Interestingly opening ...

Close another database from within a separate database.
Have to call up a 2nd database from within the first. Can open the 2nd database no problem, but when the user is done with the 2nd database and closes the form, or exits the 2nd database, how can I move the focus back to the 1st database, close the 2nd database, and have the form in the 1st database restored to it's original position? Take a look at the TSOON utility (Trigeminal Shut One, Open Next) at: http://www.trigeminal.com/lang/1033/utility.asp?ItemID=8#8 -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps.org. "J. Shrimp, Jr." <jumbo_shrimps@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:10tmerd5ikbqa01@corp.supernews.com... > Have to call up a 2nd database from within the first. > Can open the 2nd database no problem, but when > the user is done with the 2nd database and closes the form, > or exits the 2nd database, > how can I move the focus back to the 1st database, close > the 2nd database, and have the form in the 1st > database restored to it's original position? ...

Another way to open an MS ACCESS 2000 database?
Hi! I've developed an ms access 2000 db. Then I'll protect the db with a password. But I want to open the access 2000 file from a Delphi 7 program, and try to have the program connect to the ms access 2000 db. 1. How can I have the OnOpen_event of the starting form in access check if the db is being tried open from doubleclicking the access 2000 file itself, and deny the user to open except from the Delphi program? 2. What is the connection string to the access 2000 file from the Delphi 7 program? The reason is that I'll write to the register from Delphi 7 and do ...

Another way to open an MS ACCESS 2000 database? #2
Hi! I've developed an ms access 2000 db. Then I'll protect the db with a password. But I want to open the access 2000 file from a Delphi 7 program, and try to have the program connect to the ms access 2000 db. 1. How can I have the OnOpen_event of the starting form in access check if the db is being tried open from doubleclicking the access 2000 file itself, and deny the user to open except from the Delphi program? 2. What is the connection string to the access 2000 file from the Delphi 7 program? The reason is that I'll write to the register from Delphi 7 and do ...

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

Opening databases with out MS access
Hi, I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have any ideas, please help. Thanks > I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and > what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without > opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database > without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an > executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have > any ideas, please help. Thanks You cannot use Access interface without having Access installed into your pc. -- PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci www.pbsoft.it skype: pbsoftsolution http://www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0001.htm *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Gabriele Bertolucci" <info@REMOVEpbsoft.it> wrote > You cannot use Access interface without > having Access installed into your pc. You can use (but not modify the design of) an Access database if you have the Access runtime, as packaged by the Office Developer Edition (pre-2003) or by the Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003 System. If, in your view, installing the Access runtime qualifies as "having Access install...

Check if a database is available from another database
Hello, i'm new, so i want to ask you if you know how can i check if a database is available before i connect to it. I am using Oracle 7.3.4 on a UNIX machine, and i am using Oracle Forms 4.5. The situation goes as follows: I'm using Oracle Forms and i want at some point to chande my database connection to do some job. What i want is to check if the database is available before i connect to it. If it is available i continue, else a message will tell me that the database is not available. Can this be done using PL/SQL? If you have anything please tell me. Thanks. Marios Varna...

Error on opening a database: MS JEt database says someone tries to modify the file #2
Hello, I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. When i try to open the file it gives the error: The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how to save the data in this .mdb file. Greetings, Remco ...

how to find total open database links in a database?
and open_links and open_links_per_instance seems doesn't work for my instance. The value is 4, but I can have open links more than 4, for each session or a instance. niy38@hotmail.com wrote: > and open_links and open_links_per_instance seems doesn't work > for my instance. The value is 4, but I can have open links more > than 4, for each session or a instance. No version number. No SQL so we can see what you are looking at. -- Daniel A. Morgan http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) sorry, it's 8i. niy38@hotmail.com wrote: > sorry, it's 8i. Not a very informative reply, as '8i' covers releases from 8.1.5.0 through 8.1.7.4 (last I checked) and the functionality varies widely from the first release to the last. Post actual version numbers, and the SQL you're running, to get any sort of usable response. David Fitxjarrell niy38@hotmail.com wrote: > and open_links and open_links_per_instance seems doesn't work > for my instance. The value is 4, but I can have open links more > than 4, for each session or a instance. This may be useful, courtesy of Mark Bobak. -- Jared Select /*+ ORDERED */ substr(s.ksusemnm,1,10)||'-'|| substr(s.ksusepid,1,10) "ORIGIN", substr(g.K2GTITID_ORA,1,35) "GTXID", substr(s.indx,1,4)||'.'|| substr(s.ksuseser,1,5) "LSESSION" , s2.username, substr( decode(bitand(ksuseidl,11), 1...

detect if database was opened to database window view
Hi All, Anyone have code to share that would detect if a database was opened to database window view??? and since holding the 'you know which key' down, no form is loaded, the autoexec marco does not run so, where would one put such code that it would run? thanks bobh. bobh wrote: > Hi All, > > Anyone have code to share that would detect if a database was opened > to database window view??? and since holding the 'you know which key' > down, no form is loaded, the autoexec marco does not run so, where > would one put such code that it would run? > thanks > bobh. About all you can do is assume that a user that opens the database that way will eventually open a form or report that does execute some code. Your normal startup could set a public variable or open a hidden form and other code could test for that and be able to tell that normal startup was not used. There is no way to tell this immediately upon opening the file because as you stated, there will be no code or macro executed. The bypass key can be disabled by the way. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com bobh <vulcaned@yahoo.com> wrote in news:a66d41b0-8a4b-4ba0-8684- a04061ddafe7@b64g2000hsa.googlegroups.com: > Hi All, > > Anyone have code to share that would detect if a database was opened > to database window view??? and since holding the 'you know which key' > down...

Appending data to a master database from another database
How can I, without using Replication technology, append a table in my master database from data in another database? I have several field offices with sales data that I want, on demand, to append up to my home office Master database... any ideas? Thanks!!!! Dav On 17 Nov 2006 08:02:28 -0800, "Parasyke" <kress1963nov22@yahoo.com> wrote: Attach tables from the Child database to the Master, and run Append queries. Or forego the table attachments and use the IN clause to specify the Child database. Off the top of my head: insert into MyTable select * from MyTable IN 'c:\test\child.mdb' -Tom. >How can I, without using Replication technology, append a table in my >master database from data in another database? I have several field >offices with sales data that I want, on demand, to append up to my home >office Master database... any ideas? Thanks!!!! Dav ...

How to open Form in different database from the current database
I have to program the button that will open a specific form in the different database. This second database currently has a macro called Autoexec that opens this Form when the database opens. I tried this code, but get error ("You cancelled the previous operation") when it executes line that I marked as (!!!): ********************************************** Dim objACC As New Access.Application DoCmd.SetWarnings False '-----------Open different database------------ Set objACC = GetObject("K:\Greeley_Surveys\PRAssessment\PR Assessment v14. mdb") objACC.DoCmd.RunMacro ("Autoexec") (!!!) objACC.DoCmd.Close DoCmd.SetWarnings True objACC.Quit Set objACC = Nothing ********************************************** Could you please help with this code or suggest different? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:14:46 GMT, JuliaM via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I have to program the button that will open a specific form in the different > database. This second database currently has a macro called Autoexec that > opens this Form when the database opens. > I tried this code, but get error ("You cancelled the previous operation") > when it executes line that I marked as (!!!): > ********************************************** > Dim objACC As New Access.Application > > DoCmd.SetWarnings False > '-----------Open different database------------ > Set objA...

Access 97
From Access 2.0 you could click File, Import and import tables, queries, forms, reports, macros & modules from other databases. I don't see that facility in Access 97. Was it dropped? On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:54:32 -0400, MLH wrote: > From Access 2.0 you could click File, Import > and import tables, queries, forms, reports, > macros & modules from other databases. > > I don't see that facility in Access 97. Was it > dropped? File + Get External Data + Import -- Fred Please only reply to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal email. Thanks, Fred ...

UPDATE VALUE IN ACCESS DATABASE-CONNECTIVITY DATABASE?
Hi to all labviewers, I'm trying to update some values in my access database with sql and labview connectivity toolset but i got an error, what is the problem whit my code? note: when i try to update one colum it's work fine. &nbsp; regard's eyal. UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/152737/1/UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C5EE8B.DE98AE20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I'm not sure if you can use comma's to se...

copying data from one database to another database
I want to copy data from our production database to the development database. I want to move only the data. I do not need the table structure, constrains or anything else. I think I can use the db2move command to export out all the data like the following: db2move dbname export -tc schema1 When I load the data into our development database, will it recreate the tables? My problem is that I do not want to recreate the structure. I want to make sure that I am copying over only the data. Is db2move the best utility to move the data between two databases without making any stru...

Using Objects from one database in another database
I've looked around here to see if this can be done, but haven't found the answer. Here is what I want to do... I have a two databases -- One for Sales and one for Operations. These are used by two groups of people with some obvious overlap (like the boss, for example). Some of the data is the same, so I'm using only one backend database file to hold the data. However, I want to have one piece (projects) from the Operations database to also be used in the sales database. The projects piece of it consists of several forms, subforms, reports, queries, code, etc. To cut down on maintenance (so without actually importing) I want to be able to use those forms, subforms, etc. in the Sales database, exactly as they are in the Operations database. Is there a way to do this so that any changes made in the Operations database are also reflected in the Sales database? I've never created Add-ins before, but before I go trying to make this happen, is this the way I need to go? Would this even work? I guess what I'm saying is I want to link code, forms, reports, etc. just like I can link tables. Any ideas? ...

Web resources about - Opening Another Database from WITHIN a Database - comp.databases.ms-access

Larry Ellison shrugs off Amazon, Microsoft play for Oracle database business
... companies – Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) and Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) – both made it easier for Oracle's (NYSE: ORCL) customers to move their databases ...