OT: MS Access runtime wants to control all MS Office charts

Office 97, Access 97, Sagekeys scripts.   In addtion of Access 97, my
runtime package is installed too.

This is an old application that has been running since 1998.  The
customer is happy with it.

I have a glitch in.... Powerpoint 97.

When an user double-clicks a chart, it starts my Ms Access Runtime
Installer!   It will do the same if he right-clicks and uses 'Edit'.
If he selects 'Open', it will do it in a separate windows and it is
Ok.   Thius probably comes because MS Chart is shared among office
apps.

I would really like to have this problem even if there is a turnaround
and I have the feeling that the solution should be in the registry,
but I can't find where.

Any help appreciated.  TIA.

0
saintor1 (36)

"saintor1@hotmail.com" <saintor1@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Office 97, Access 97, Sagekeys scripts.   In addtion of Access
> 97, my runtime package is installed too.
>
> This is an old application that has been running since 1998.
> The customer is happy with it.
>
> I have a glitch in.... Powerpoint 97.
>
> When an user double-clicks a chart, it starts my Ms Access
> Runtime Installer!   It will do the same if he right-clicks
> and uses 'Edit'. If he selects 'Open', it will do it in a
> separate windows and it is Ok.   Thius probably comes because
> MS Chart is shared among office apps.
>
> I would really like to have this problem even if there is a
> turnaround and I have the feeling that the solution should be
> in the registry, but I can't find where.
>
> Any help appreciated.  TIA.

Get rid of anything by Sagekey.

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

rquintal (987)
7/7/2007 1:58:20 PM
"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in

> Bob Quintal <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote:
>
>>Get rid of anything by Sagekey.
>
> Why?
>
> Tony

Every script or installer my employer has obtained from Sagekey has
had serious problems coexisting with other applications, especially
those installed by other than Sagekey.

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

rquintal (987)
7/7/2007 6:27:16 PM
"saintor1@hotmail.com" <saintor1@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Office 97, Access 97, Sagekeys scripts.   In addtion of Access 97, my
>runtime package is installed too.
>
>This is an old application that has been running since 1998.  The
>customer is happy with it.
>
>I have a glitch in.... Powerpoint 97.
>
>When an user double-clicks a chart, it starts my Ms Access Runtime
>Installer!   It will do the same if he right-clicks and uses 'Edit'.
>If he selects 'Open', it will do it in a separate windows and it is
>Ok.   Thius probably comes because MS Chart is shared among office
>apps.

If Sagekey in involved I'd suggest asking them.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
Bob Quintal <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote:

>Get rid of anything by Sagekey.

Why?

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
ttoews (2789)
7/7/2007 6:28:54 PM
Bob Quintal <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote:

>Every script or installer my employer has obtained from Sagekey has
>had serious problems coexisting with other applications, especially
>those installed by other than Sagekey.

Interesting.  Coexistence with other versions of Access is, of course,
the reason to use Sagekey.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
ttoews (2789)
7/8/2007 1:14:41 AM
I can't recall a bad rap on sagekey in the last ~10yrs I've been monitoring
these newsgroups. Well, sometimes on price...

I don't personally use it (I use Access's PDW). But I like to follow the
subject. Everyone so far, or so far as I recall, raves about the issues
resolved by Sagekey vs PDW. Of course, as you noted, sagekey's sole purpose is
to resolve installation issues! (and it doesn't affect issues beyond that
step, which are "inherent" to sometimes conflicting s/w such as shared dll's)

There are even several different sagekey installers!

I'd more believe his employer just suffered a "Quantum Reality Fluctuation".

Of course, Thomas Jefferson (or someone) said he would more believe two
university professors lied than stones can fall from the sky!

Chris

(P.S. Bob, what were the circumstances exactly? What was sagekey's resolution
or comment, since all accounts say they have pretty good backup service?
Otherwise, it's no different from my common rave that "Microsoft is
crap!")(what scientific use is that statement?)

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> Bob Quintal <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote:
>
> >Every script or installer my employer has obtained from Sagekey has
> >had serious problems coexisting with other applications, especially
> >those installed by other than Sagekey.
>
> Interesting.  Coexistence with other versions of Access is, of course,
> the reason to use Sagekey.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
>    Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> read the entire thread of messages.
>    Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
>    Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/

> Office 97, Access 97, Sagekeys scripts.   In addtion of Access 97, my
> runtime package is installed too.

I have had some difficulty running my A97 App on later versions of Windows
(installed using PDW or Access97 equivalent I've nearly forgotten on such
obsolete software). But because I also had an A2000 version, which is later
and ran fine, I never bothered to find out why! (because it is difficult to
find out why, and I didn't have to)

I appreciate the desire to run old software (after all, the latest I have
"live" is A2000). But I found A2000 fixed some installation problems that A97
had, with later Windows. A2000 introduced other problems of course, but that's
another story.

> When an user double-clicks a chart, it starts my Ms Access Runtime
> Installer!

In some later Windows (notably Windows XP), and whether using A97 installer or
A2000 installer, the installer (the Access one!) requires a reboot. But WinXP
kindly suppresses the reboot! This is disastrous! It meant, for me, that after
I left a site of 30 mission-critical users, a change-of-shift caused them all
to re-log on, and then Windows re-ran my PDW installer! I was called back in a
panic! (sorry for all the exclamation marks, but it's still fresh in my memory
after 5yrs)

I LEARNT, reboot after any installation, because sometimes the reboot is
needed to "complete" the installation.
-----
Double-clicking a file to bring up software to run it, suggests to me to check
the file-extension-association with Regedit (and change it if necessary). I
imagine relatively few may use chart (as apps go), and perhaps it was affected
by your installer (whether sagekey or anything else)

Within Access itself, just double-clicking a file is discouraged, a full
command-line shortcut is encouraged. This is because, for instance, how would
it know which version of Access to launch if there was more than one? Not that
this explains your problem.

> I would really like to have this problem even if there is a turnaround
> and I have the feeling that the solution should be in the registry,
> but I can't find where.

If you're double-clicking a file, say through Windows Explorer, and it is not
bringing up the right software, launch Regedit and search for the file
extension, and see or change what it is associated with. Hopefully on your
development system or one discardable PC first!

As to what has caused this, I have no idea. My answer does not sound directly
related to installing an Access app, however installed.

Chris

Chris Mills wrote:
> I can't recall a bad rap on sagekey in the last ~10yrs I've been monitoring
> these newsgroups. Well, sometimes on price...
>
> I don't personally use it (I use Access's PDW). But I like to follow the
> subject. Everyone so far, or so far as I recall, raves about the issues
> resolved by Sagekey vs PDW. Of course, as you noted, sagekey's sole purpose is
> to resolve installation issues! (and it doesn't affect issues beyond that
> step, which are "inherent" to sometimes conflicting s/w such as shared dll's)

Chris, I agree. I haven't seen any negative posts on SageKey. I don't
use it (NSIS is my preference) but the only knock I've heard is price.

I'd be interested in hearing about issues since I may be using SageKey
in the future.

--
'--------------------------
' John Mishefske
John Mishefske <jmishefskeNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

>> I don't personally use it (I use Access's PDW). But I like to follow the
>> subject. Everyone so far, or so far as I recall, raves about the issues
>> resolved by Sagekey vs PDW. Of course, as you noted, sagekey's sole purpose is
>> to resolve installation issues! (and it doesn't affect issues beyond that
>> step, which are "inherent" to sometimes conflicting s/w such as shared dll's)
>>

>Chris, I agree. I haven't seen any negative posts on SageKey. I don't
>use it (NSIS is my preference) but the only knock I've heard is price.

Whereas Albert Kallal likes InnoScript.   But I'm sure both would be
just fine.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
ttoews (2789)
7/8/2007 6:14:46 AM
Tony Toews [MVP] wrote:
> John Mishefske <jmishefskeNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>> I don't personally use it (I use Access's PDW). But I like to follow the
>>> subject. Everyone so far, or so far as I recall, raves about the issues
>>> resolved by Sagekey vs PDW. Of course, as you noted, sagekey's sole purpose is
>>> to resolve installation issues! (and it doesn't affect issues beyond that
>>> step, which are "inherent" to sometimes conflicting s/w such as shared dll's)
>>>
>> Chris, I agree. I haven't seen any negative posts on SageKey. I don't
>> use it (NSIS is my preference) but the only knock I've heard is price.
>
> Whereas Albert Kallal likes InnoScript.   But I'm sure both would be
> just fine.

I've seen other respected developers using InnoScript and I've always
meant to check it out but, like languages, some of us tend to get hooked
up with the one we are most experienced with preventing full evaluation
of other products.

I really want to give SageKey a try but ultimately it is a client
decision since I can't personally testify to its strengths and so the
cost/benefit analysis is hard to justify.

--
'--------------------------
' John Mishefske
> Chris, I agree. I haven't seen any negative posts on SageKey.

Well, I believe I was fishing (or "challenging") anyone to come up with
alternative statistics. Or actual negative stories (Bob's was a generality not
counting as anything worth digesting-there was no food value to digest)

The statistics currently are claimed (on the TECHNICAL merits of sagekey)(in
these newsgroups):
For: 99.9%
Against: Bob

....and I dont have any particular interest on who is right!!!

Although I still use PDW (which I've stated many times, is only because I'm so
bloody-minded), should I wish to use another installer my first choice would
be Sagekey. There seem to be many other installers (you mention yet another
one), and I wouldn't presume to imagine which is "best". But NONE of them can
be as bad as PDW, if they wished to remain in business? (Only MS can put out
bad stuff and remain in business!)

As I hope I said, it is insufficient for Bob to say "sagekey is crap".
Especially as it's not the concensus. I want to know, what exactly caused him
to say that? And more importantly, is he claiming that Sagekey wre unable to
resolve (or comment on) his employer's issues? Why does he say they are his
employer's issues? Does it mean he has never experienced, or like me otherwise
never heard of, such Sagekey issues? Since we don't know who his employer is,
has his employer ever complained of Sagekey here in the Access newsgroups? I
don't know where else I'd find independent sagekey users.

As I say, I'm independent. I don't especially care whether Sagekey turns out
to be Bread or Crap. Except to the extent, that in the absence of any serious
documented negatives I am likely to buy it myself too.

In part, I have to take advice, sometimes conflicting with my own feelings or
directions or intuitions, on the concensus of the overall Access community.
The way I do that, is to keep an eye on the newsgroups. That method, suggests
Sagekey is tops. (it is the only installer mentioned by Microsoft, or perhaps
one of their employees let slip in a private moment by my recollection, WHY MS
does not bother to improve it's own PDW-because it can't compete!)

Chris

Well,
I'd be very pleased if someone could compile a list of all the known
alternatives to PDW, since, as I said, I have no overt interest in sagekey or
anyone else!

Itty-bitty here's and there's, do not assist me to reply to enquiries in the
future, which for all I know may include myself! I mean, it would be better if
I gave a list of alternatives rather than just sagekey, and even better if it
is compiled by you!

<grin>

(Avoids liability) <GUFFAW!!!>

My expression (wanting a list of alternatives to publish) turns out to be much
the same as John's, by my reckoning.

"
some of us tend to get hooked
up with the one we are most experienced with preventing full evaluation
of other products.
"

Amen. God help me, I think that explains why I still use PDW even with it's
known faults. It takes a lot of time to evaluate things, or new things!

Chris

Chris Mills wrote:
> My expression (wanting a list of alternatives to publish) turns out to be much
> the same as John's, by my reckoning.
>
> "
> some of us tend to get hooked
> up with the one we are most experienced with preventing full evaluation
> of other products.
> "
>
> Amen. God help me, I think that explains why I still use PDW even with it's
> known faults. It takes a lot of time to evaluate things, or new things!

Hi Chris. Installer software appears, to me, to be a really personal choice.

I use NSIS because it is open-source, well-supported, and used by many
open-source packaged apps (like WinAmp, WireShark, etc.).

I can (and I'm sure almost all other installers can do this)
- register COM objects
- modify registry settings
- setup shortcuts (user or all user)
- handle Vista
- execute external programs
- of course, create un-installers
- provide expected wizard type panels
- contact web servers during install
- distribute Access run-time or VB run-time files
- distribute .Net frameworks

The drawbacks would (appear to me) be:
- lack of support for the MSI model
- and .NET deployment based on MSI model
- compatibility with the MS deployment strategy

I'm a NSIS user, not an NSIS expert so consider my comments limited as so.

I certainly value other opinions and insights; it is easy to get tied to
a product because it is familiar as we've referenced.

--
'--------------------------
' John Mishefske

> As I hope I said, it is insufficient for Bob to say "sagekey
> is crap". Especially as it's not the concensus. I want to
> know, what exactly caused him to say that? And more
> importantly, is he claiming that Sagekey wre unable to resolve
> (or comment on) his employer's issues? Why does he say they
> are his employer's issues? Does it mean he has never
> experienced, or like me otherwise never heard of, such Sagekey
> issues? Since we don't know who his employer is, has his
> employer ever complained of Sagekey here in the Access
> newsgroups? I don't know where else I'd find independent
> sagekey users.

My employer used Sagekey to upgrade the Sagekey deployed Access
'97 Runtime to Access 2003 runtime. These were supposed to allow
coexistence of the two versions as well as coexistence of full
versions of each, while databases were converted.

Let me say it was a nightmare for two months. Security issues,
..dll hell, missing addins.

A portion of the blame surely lies with our IT group, That
notwithstanding, I came away with a very bitter opinion of
Sagekey.

Besides, I never said Sagekey is crap, I just suggested the
original poster get rid of anything installed by Sagekey, his
problem seemed very similar to some of the issues we
encountered.

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

rquintal (987)
7/8/2007 11:50:36 AM
"Chris Mills" <phad_nospam@cleardotnet.nz> wrote:

>I'd be very pleased if someone could compile a list of all the known
>alternatives to PDW, since, as I said, I have no overt interest in sagekey or
>anyone else!
>
>Itty-bitty here's and there's, do not assist me to reply to enquiries in the
>future, which for all I know may include myself! I mean, it would be better if
>I gave a list of alternatives rather than just sagekey, and even better if it
>is compiled by you!
>
><grin>
>
>(Avoids liability) <GUFFAW!!!>

<chuckle>

Well there's only the two of which I'm aware anyone has used.

But I view Sagekey as being a different product in that it isolates
the Access runtime so it doesn't take over your system.

The other installers don't do that.

Tony

--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
ttoews (2789)
7/8/2007 7:59:58 PM
"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in

> Bob Quintal <rquintal@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote:
>
>>Every script or installer my employer has obtained from Sagekey
>>has had serious problems coexisting with other applications,
>>especially those installed by other than Sagekey.
>
> Interesting.  Coexistence with other versions of Access is, of
> course, the reason to use Sagekey.

Michael Kaplan always recommended against Sagekey scripts.

XXXusenet (2387)
7/9/2007 12:50:45 AM

> I can't recall a bad rap on sagekey in the last ~10yrs I've been
> monitoring these newsgroups. Well, sometimes on price...

If you'd search for posts by Michael Kaplan that mention Sagekey,
you'll find quite a bit of bad-mouthing.

XXXusenet (2387)
7/9/2007 12:51:21 AM
"Chris Mills" <phad_nospam@cleardotnet.nz> wrote in

> The statistics currently are claimed (on the TECHNICAL merits of
> sagekey)(in these newsgroups):
> For: 99.9%
> Against: Bob

There has been significant historical discussion of Sagekey with one
heavy-hitter, Michael Kaplan, advising against using them. His
objection was that they are ad hoc backwards engineering attempts,
and that new versions of software always break older scripts.
Because of that, he thinks they are a fraud. Were they free, my bet
is he wouldn't have objected to them.

Go to Google Groups and search in *access* newsgroups for "Michael
Kaplan Sagedey" and you'll see what he had to say.

XXXusenet (2387)
7/9/2007 12:58:13 AM
"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet@dfenton.com.invalid> wrote in

> "Chris Mills" <phad_nospam@cleardotnet.nz> wrote in
>
>> The statistics currently are claimed (on the TECHNICAL merits
>> of sagekey)(in these newsgroups):
>> For: 99.9%
>> Against: Bob
>
> There has been significant historical discussion of Sagekey
> with one heavy-hitter, Michael Kaplan, advising against using
> them. His objection was that they are ad hoc backwards
> engineering attempts, and that new versions of software always
> break older scripts. Because of that, he thinks they are a
> fraud. Were they free, my bet is he wouldn't have objected to
> them.
>
> Go to Google Groups and search in *access* newsgroups for
> "Michael Kaplan Sagedey" and you'll see what he had to say.

So the stats are
For 99.8%
Against: Bob, Michael Kaplan

I'm in elite company there.
He seems to have had the very same problems I had and that the
original poster of this thread reports.

At least now I know it's not my imagination.

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

rquintal (987)
as user of sagekey scripts I do not see a problem here, Sagekey always make
updates when office sp/hotfixes released, and you can also do modifications
manually if necessary, script itself is open

--
Best regards,
___________

"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet@dfenton.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Chris Mills" <phad_nospam@cleardotnet.nz> wrote in
>
>> The statistics currently are claimed (on the TECHNICAL merits of
>> sagekey)(in these newsgroups):
>> For: 99.9%
>> Against: Bob
>
> There has been significant historical discussion of Sagekey with one
> heavy-hitter, Michael Kaplan, advising against using them. His
> objection was that they are ad hoc backwards engineering attempts,
> and that new versions of software always break older scripts.
> Because of that, he thinks they are a fraud. Were they free, my bet
> is he wouldn't have objected to them.
>
> Go to Google Groups and search in *access* newsgroups for "Michael
> Kaplan Sagedey" and you'll see what he had to say.
>
> --
> David W. Fenton                  http://www.dfenton.com/
> usenet at dfenton dot com    http://www.dfenton.com/DFA/

0
alexdyb (18)
7/9/2007 3:46:47 PM
Well, this was not meant to be a Sagekey bashing thread, more of that
because they have been helpful to me.  The last time I contacted them
was in 2002.

I guess that theirs scripts can not realistically cover all scenarios,
including all sequences of installation.

Any hint of solution?

0
saintor1 (36)

Inserting value from MS Word into MS Access
If there are any enlightend souls out there that can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to use a macro to take a value and add it to an access database. I am having a problem with the very first line of code, Dim myDatabase as Database, the system does not recognize the Database object. PLEASE if there is anyone out there that has a piece of code that sends info from a word file into a access database... send it to me. I will Love you forever. Evan wrote: > If there are any enlightend souls out there that can help me, I would > greatly appreciate it. I would like to use a macro to take a value and > add it to an access database. > > I am having a problem with the very first line of code, > Dim myDatabase as Database, the system does not recognize the Database > object. Add a reference to DAO or use an Object variable and late bind it (set db=CreateObject("DAO.Database"), although the first way will give you intellisense. -- \\\\\\ \\ \\ Windows is searching \ \ For your sig. \ \ Please Wait. \__\ mmm, I am sorry - I am really new at this... I have added the ADO reference, and I want to execute this SQL - "insert into documents (title) values ('testTitle')" How do I write the actual code, I had it before but then I deleted the wrong file... now I am back at square one Evan wrote: > mmm, I am sorry - I am really new at this... I have added the ADO > referenc...

exporting data from ms access to ms project
Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and completion data of different projects, which is stored in the database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good web sites etc that may be of use. Regards Rob McC, England ...

ms access & ms project 2007
does anyone know if its possible to export your access data into ms project. if so, how should i go about doing this. i see an option in project to open access db but it still does not show any of my files. thanks much. bl -- brandon Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200711/1 ...

Importing MS Access data into MS Word
In the thread "combining multiple address fields into 1 address field", Stuart (?) helped solve that problem. I then tried to set up a mail merge in Word to check how I could use and merge the data. I found the database tool bar and opened the appropriate database - but... I could not find a way to open a particular table or query in order to insert the fields from the query into Word. The procedure I followed was this: - open a blank word .doc - from the database tool bar selected "insert database" - a window opened, headed 'Database' and divided into 3 section: at the top a section titled "data source", a middle section titled "data options", a bottom section titled "insert the data into the document" - "under "data source" I clicked "get data" - a window headed 'Select data source' opened - I navigated to the relevant database (mobmem07.mdb) and selected it. - this added the database location to the "data source" part of the 'database' window - I then looked at the "query options" section I found I could not select a table or query from within the database I had opened. Word had merely defaulted to opening one of the two tables in it. The only querying I could do was on the table it had loaded from the functions Word provided. I could not find a way to open any other table let alone a query. Moreover, I couldn't see a wa...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

US-TX-Austin: Tech Support Spc, MS Access, SQL, LAN, Office 2K, MS Exchange 5.5; (45295157621)
US-TX-Austin: Tech Support Spc, MS Access, SQL, LAN, Office 2K, MS Exchange 5.5; (45295157621) ============================================================================================== Position: Tech Support Specialist Reference: SMC01339 Location: Austin TX Duration: 400hrs Skills: 2yrs exp performing ongoing development, support and testing of database systems using MS Access and SQL. 2yrs exp assisting with the administration of a LAN using Windows NT4 Server. 2yrs exp supporting Office 2000 (Wor...

US-TX-Austin: Tech Support Spc, MS Access, SQL, LAN, Office 2K, MS Exchange 5.5; (45295432407)
US-TX-Austin: Tech Support Spc, MS Access, SQL, LAN, Office 2K, MS Exchange 5.5; (45295432407) ============================================================================================== Position: Tech Support Specialist Reference: SMC01339 Location: Austin TX Duration: 400hrs Skills: 2yrs exp performing ongoing development, support and testing of database systems using MS Access and SQL. 2yrs exp assisting with the administration of a LAN using Windows NT4 Server. 2yrs exp supporting Office 2000 (Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint), MS Exchange 5.5, IIS4, Axent Raptor v6.5 Firewall (aka Symatec Enterprise Firewall), Norton Anti-virus v8.1 corporate, Veritas Back-Up Exec v8.6. Exp installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining automation equipment (workstations, servers, printers, routers, and hubs). Ability to resolve technical issues and problems through troubleshooting measures. Knowledge and experience in training professional, technical and administrative employees on various technical matters. Assisting with hardware and software inventory control. Thorough knowledge of applications development life cycle methodology. Knowledge and experience in using software designed to troubl...

US-TX-Austin: Tech Support Spc, MS Access, SQL, LAN, Office 2K, MS Exchange 5.5; (45295152431)
US-TX-Austin: Tech Support Spc, MS Access, SQL, LAN, Office 2K, MS Exchange 5.5; (45295152431) ============================================================================================== Position: Tech Support Specialist Reference: SMC01339 Location: Austin TX Duration: 400hrs Skills: 2yrs exp performing ongoing development, support and testing of database systems using MS Access and SQL. 2yrs exp assisting with the administration of a LAN using Windows NT4 Server. 2yrs exp supporting Office 2000 (Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint), MS Exchange 5.5, IIS4, Axent Raptor v6.5 Firewall (aka Symatec Enterprise Firewall), Norton Anti-virus v8.1 corporate, Veritas Back-Up Exec v8.6. Exp installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining automation equipment (workstations, servers, printers, routers, and hubs). Ability to resolve technical issues and problems through troubleshooting measures. Knowledge and experience in training professional, technical and administrative employees on various technical matters. Assisting with hardware and software inventory control. Thorough knowledge of applications development life cycle methodology. Knowledge and experience in using software designed to troubl...

US-TX-Austin: Tech Support Spc, MS Access, SQL, LAN, Office 2K, MS Exchange 5.5; (45295152432)
US-TX-Austin: Tech Support Spc, MS Access, SQL, LAN, Office 2K, MS Exchange 5.5; (45295152432) ============================================================================================== Position: Tech Support Specialist Reference: SMC01339 Location: Austin TX Duration: 400hrs Skills: 2yrs exp performing ongoing development, support and testing of database systems using MS Access and SQL. 2yrs exp assisting with the administration of a LAN using Windows NT4 Server. 2yrs exp supporting Office 2000 (Wor...

US-TX-Austin: Tech Support Spc, MS Access, SQL, LAN, Office 2K, MS Exchange 5.5; (45295457616)
US-TX-Austin: Tech Support Spc, MS Access, SQL, LAN, Office 2K, MS Exchange 5.5; (45295457616) ============================================================================================== Position: Tech Support Specialist Reference: SMC01339 Location: Austin TX Duration: 400hrs Skills: 2yrs exp performing ongoing development, support and testing of database systems using MS Access and SQL. 2yrs exp assisting with the administration of a LAN using Windows NT4 Server. 2yrs exp supporting Office 2000 (Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint), MS Exchange 5.5, IIS4, Axent Raptor v6.5 Firewall (aka Symatec Enterprise Firewall), Norton Anti-virus v8.1 corporate, Veritas Back-Up Exec v8.6. Exp installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining automation equipment (workstations, servers, printers, routers, and hubs). Ability to resolve technical issues and problems through troubleshooting measures. Knowledge and experience in training professional, technical and administrative employees on various technical matters. Assisting with hardware and software inventory control. Thorough knowledge of applications development life cycle methodology. Knowledge and experience in using software design...

[...]

Web resources about - OT: MS Access runtime wants to control all MS Office charts - comp.databases.ms-access

Common Language Runtime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Common Language Runtime ( CLR ) is the virtual machine component of Microsoft's .NET framework and is responsible for managing the execution ...

Runtime (@Runtimeapp) on Twitter

Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store on iTunes
Get Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

HSA Foundation Launches ‘HSA 1.0 Final’ – Architecture, Programmers Reference and Runtime Specifications ...
... of the hardware, - the HSA Programmers’ Reference Manual for the software ecosystem targeting tools and compiler developers, - the HSA Runtime ...

ART: The Android runtime that will eventually replace Dalvik is in KitKat in preview form
Google has, for all intents and purposes, rewritten Android several times since first launching the platform back in 2008. But there's a part ...

The Verizon LG G3 has problems with ART — think twice before switching runtimes
... LG G3, particularly on Verizon. If you're the tinkering type who immediately runs to the developer options and enables the experiment ART runtime, ...

ART runtime Archives - Android Origin
The team behind the custom ROM, Paranoid Android, has just released a brand new beta. As always, it includes various bug fixes, but this update ...

runtime Archives - Android Police - Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets
... to make the experience between Android devices and Chromebooks seamless by allowing Android apps to run natively on Chrome (using App Runtime ...

Objective-C Runtime Reference
Describes the data structures and functions of the Objective-C runtime support library.

Apps can affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support
You can use Activity Monitor to see whether a Mac app is using more of the CPU than it should.