Problem with my chart in MS Access 2002 using a form and VB

Hi everyone,

I am new to Access and Visual Basic so things my be getting across a
bit cloudy. I only started using VB for one week.

I am having a little problem with the database that I am working on. I
am working with MS Access 2002. And I am having a problem with one of
my charts.

I will explain how everything is laid out then go into details.
The chart was created into a report and it is getting its information
from a query.
Here is the flow of information:

 - Using a form I select a Start Date and an End Date. (these dates are
to limit the query to the data needed)
 - When I click a command on that form, I have a VBA Function that runs
a set of validations and then it opens the Report with carrying over a
WHERE statement.
 - Once the Report opens it begins to gather the needed info from the
query and limiting it with the WHERE statement from the Form(VBA) code.

Now onto the Report I have set up Record Source to point to that Query
where it gets the information from. And there are fields(text boxes) on
the Report that display the correct information pulled from that query
from the two dates provided from the form.

Now the problem is with the Chart on that same Report. It doesn't
seem to be using the WHERE statement sent to the query. It is
retrieving the information from the correct query. But the Chart will
display the information for every record in the database. It is suppose
to only display in the chart the information between the two dates sent
to the query from the form.

I know that I am bad for explaining things, sorry...

I noticed that there is another query into the Chart. Am I suppose to
modify this one too?

Here are some details:
=======================================
This is my VBA Procedure for the buttons On Click:
---------------------------------------
Private Sub Load_Report_Click()

    Dim strWhere As String
    Dim MyCheck
    Dim MyCheckNull
    Dim MyCheckNull2

    On Local Error GoTo ErrorHandler

ErrorHandler:

    If Err = 3075 Then

    MsgBox ("Wrong Date Format used. Please use list selection")
    Err.Clear

    Else

    MyCheckNull2 = IsNull([start_date])

    If MyCheckNull2 Then

        MsgBox ("Start and/or End Date box cannot be empty")

    Else

    MyCheckNull = IsNull([end_date])

        If MyCheckNull Then

            MsgBox ("Start and/or End Date box cannot be empty")

        Else

        MyCheck = end_date <= start_date

            If MyCheck Then

                MsgBox ("The **End Date** must me later that the
**Start Date**")

            Else

                strWhere = "[Log.Date_Received] Between #" &
[start_date] & "# AND #" & [end_date] & "#"
                DoCmd.OpenReport "Directorate_Total_Chart",
acViewPreview, , strWhere

                End If
           End If
        End If
    End If
End Sub

=======================================
This is code for my query being used to retrieve that data. And the
strWhere variable being sent to the query is directed to the
Date_Received field:
---------------------------------------
SELECT Log.LogID, Log.DeveloperName, Directorate.Directorate_Group,
Log.Directorate_Name, Directorate.Directorate_Full_Name,
Log.Date_Received, Log.Date_Assigned, Log.Date_Completed,
Log.Num_Wdays, Log.Num_Days_AC, Log.Work_Estimate, Log.Num_Days_RC,
Log.By_updated, Log.Date_updated, First(Log.Date_Received) AS
FirstOfDate_Received, Last(Log.Date_Received)+356 AS
LastOfDate_Received, Count(Log.Date_Received) AS CountOfDate_Received,
Directorate_Groups.Group_Acro
FROM (Directorate_Groups INNER JOIN Directorate ON
Directorate_Groups.Group_Name = Directorate.Directorate_Group) INNER
JOIN Log ON Directorate.Directorate_Name = Log.Directorate_Name
GROUP BY Log.LogID, Log.DeveloperName, Directorate.Directorate_Group,
Log.Directorate_Name, Directorate.Directorate_Full_Name,
Log.Date_Received, Log.Date_Assigned, Log.Date_Completed,
Log.Num_Wdays, Log.Num_Days_AC, Log.Work_Estimate, Log.Num_Days_RC,
Log.By_updated, Log.Date_updated, Directorate_Groups.Group_Acro;
=======================================

Sorry for the mess. But I am still new to this stuff.

Finally, the code that I noticed in the Row Source of my Chart is as
follows:
---------------------------------------
SELECT [Group_Acro],Sum([CountOfDate_Received]) AS [Total:]
FROM [Directorate_Totals]
GROUP BY [Group_Acro];
=======================================

So like I had mentioned earlier. I know that the query is receiving and
properly using the Where Condition from my form because all other data
on my report is being displayed correctly. It is the chart in that same
report that doesn't seem to be using the WHERE Condition. But it is
retrieving the information, just not between the two dates that I
provided.

One final note that may help. If I were to add the condition BETWEEN
#2004/04/01# AND #2005/03/31# to the main query, the chart does display
correct information for those dates. But this is not what I want. I
want the user to be able to select dates from a form.

Thanks for your help. I hope I gave enough information. If more is
needed just let me know. And sorry for the lengthy request. It is my
first post on a user group.

Ciao,

Steven

You should set up your chart's row source query with criteria based on the
start and end dates from the form.
SELECT [Group_Acro],Sum([CountOfDate_Received]) AS [Total:]
FROM [Directorate_Totals]
WHERE [DateField] Between Forms!frmYourForm![StartDate] AND
Forms!frmYourForm![EndDate]
GROUP BY [Group_Acro];

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

"StBond" <webmaster@cidcanada.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> GROUP BY [Group_Acro];
> =======================================
>

> So like I had mentioned earlier. I know that the query is receiving and
> properly using the Where Condition from my form because all other data
> on my report is being displayed correctly. It is the chart in that same
> report that doesn't seem to be using the WHERE Condition. But it is
> retrieving the information, just not between the two dates that I
> provided.
>
> One final note that may help. If I were to add the condition BETWEEN
> #2004/04/01# AND #2005/03/31# to the main query, the chart does display
> correct information for those dates. But this is not what I want. I
> want the user to be able to select dates from a form.
>
> Thanks for your help. I hope I gave enough information. If more is
> needed just let me know. And sorry for the lengthy request. It is my

WOW... It worked like a charm...
I entered the proper field names and added it to my chart and it
works...

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you...

I've been bashing my head on the desk here at work all way on this one.
After 5 hours of swearing at it, I decided to try here...
And you respond back within one hour with the exact fix...

This made my day. Seems too good to be true

Thanks again, and have a great weekend.   =)

Steven

Stop bashing your head in the future. Search Google Groups first and then
come here.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

> WOW... It worked like a charm...
> I entered the proper field names and added it to my chart and it
> works...
>
> Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you...
>
> I've been bashing my head on the desk here at work all way on this one.
> After 5 hours of swearing at it, I decided to try here...
> And you respond back within one hour with the exact fix...
>
> This made my day. Seems too good to be true
>
> Thanks again, and have a great weekend.   =)
>
> Steven

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007 #2
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon Simon van Beek wrote: > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in > Access 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon Yes. There might be some issues, though, depending on how you've programmed the db. Best suggestion, in my eyes, would be testing and playing around a little with *a* *copy* of the database and see what turns up. Most likely, you'd need to set the directory in which the database resides, as a trusted location. A very good sumup of "the good, bad and ugly" ;-) of Access 2007 is this list by Allen Browne http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Roy-Vidar Simon, Best wishes to you too. One question: why do you use so many carriage returns in your messages? They cause readers having to unnecessary scroll. Thanks, John "Simon van Beek" <SvanBeekNL@Versatel.nl> schreef in bericht news:495f3ebf$0$28733$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl... > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access > 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon >...

copying data from MS-SQL to MS-Access using VB.Net
Hi there, I'm trying to use MSAccess as a "container" to move data around from one MS-SQL server DB to another. This is basically already a design decision that has been made for a lot of reasons and can't be changed by me. What I was wondering is what is the bet way to populate the MS-Access DB. The DB will only contain 6 tables which will have a very small amount of data in them. I have tried to use ADO.Net to read the data from MS-SQL into a DataTable and then save it into the MS-Access DB using again using a DataTable populated from the first, but I can't seem to ge...

MS Access 2002 problem: linked form fields in ODBC queries
Ok, my problem is the following: I have very complicated Access 97 databases that link through ODBC to Sybase databases. Now in some of the forms controls I had queries that used as "where clause" parameters form field values; For example: select foo from bar where a_colmun = [forms]![MyForm]![MyField] This worked in Access 97 but fails in Access 2002 (ODBC failure) when the table *bar* is an ODBC Sybase (in my case) linked table. If *bar* were a local Access table, the query would do fine. if i did select foo from bar where a_colmun = (select [forms]![MyForm]![MyField] from dual) where *dual* is a table with only one line of data. That works, but it slows my queries. Someone have a solution ? (i cannot upgrade to newer versions of Access) Thanx in advance Per monnomiznogoud@yahoo.com.ar: >Now in some of the forms controls I had queries that used as "where >clause" parameters form field values; For example: > > select foo from bar where a_colmun = [forms]![MyForm]![MyField] > >This worked in Access 97 but fails in Access 2002 (ODBC failure) when >the table *bar* is an ODBC Sybase (in my case) linked table. > >If *bar* were a local Access table, the query would do fine. Is the SQL in the form's .RecordSource or are you applying it from VBA code? If it's in .RecordSource, you can probably stop here and move on the next post... I've had slightly similar problems when VBS uses a query that ...

Access needs to be installed for me to use MS Access
Hi, Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no then how do I access and wrie to access database? Thanks, Vikas. <vikassah@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166161668.556801.183030@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I > need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no > then how do I access and wrie to access database? If Access, or the Access runtime (from the developer extensions) is not on the user's machine, then the front-end can be written in a language that supports either DAO or ADO, both of which are available in libraries that are compatible with classic VB (through V6), C++, C#, or VB.NET. There are ther programming languages that can use Windows DLLs, too. Just for the record, though even Microsoft makes the same slip, what you have is _not_ an Access backend, but a Jet database engine backend. DAO support for Jet is available in the "MDAC 5.0" and earlier, and ADO support is available in that, and later versions of MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components). Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP ...

Accessing MS-Access from OpenRoad using ActiveX
Hi I'm wanting to conect to an MS-Access MDB file from an OpenRoad program using ActiveX. Can someone tell me the files I need to use/register for Windows XP? Any other help or suggestions would be most appreciated. Darren dharvey911@hotmail.com ...

Problem with MS Access Database
------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C56A17.539605A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I'm using wxWidgets now a long time for designig my applications. This weekend I tried first to use the Database classes, but I've got a problem with them... I've got an Microsoft Access Datenbase, with two tables: Orte(ID, Staat, Name, and so on) PLZOrte(ID, PLZ) This tables are set into a relationship. The field ID ist the primary key in Orte and set up the relation. Now I'd like to do a query to this database in my...

MS Access Forms problem
Hi everyone! I have a forms problem. Bakground: I have created a number of tables. Of these, I have a main parent table (Personal Details) and a number of other child tables (Tax file No., VISA card no.), etc...... All tables have a primary key of "Name", all child tables forming foreign key references with the parent table 'Personal Details'. I have established referential integrity will all relationships. All relationships are 1-to-1. To solve my problem, I have tried making the relationships 1-to-many (ie., the 2nd option in the "Link Type" option of the Relat...

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to enter data, no matter how you set up the Access form. On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:35:09 GMT, Oscar N. Goyee <dianafather@aim.com> wrote: It's poor newsgroup practice to ask for email responses. Unlike what Steve said, you can create a form that lives outside of the Access main window: make it a popup. There is also nifty code out there (google for it), that puts the Access main window behind that popup, and moves it with it when it moves. To the end user it appears you have a single-form application. -Tom. >Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make >it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to >my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a >standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is >dianafather@aim.com. > > > >*** Sent via Developersdex http://ww...

Fire-up MS Access Database from VB and Leave it Running When VB App is Closed?
Hiya, Anybody know how to do this please? I am opening Access from VB using the code below. However, I don't want Access to close when objAccess goes out of scope. I would like Access to remain open - like MS Excel does if you write similar code. I am trying to avoid using the Shell function because I don't want to have to search for MSAccess.exe first. If you step through the code and click on the Access session before continuing through the VB code, it seems to know that you have interacted with it and leaves Access open. I have tried throwing in an AppActivate "MsAccess"...

How to connect MS Access form to MS SQL Server
Hello all I created an application which use MS Access 2000 as user interface and MS SQL Server 2000 as backend. If I want to get data from MS SQL Sever 2000 and display them on the MS Access 2000 form, where do I set the database connection to the form (i.e. tell the form to get data from MS SQL server database)? Thanks Bon In Windows control panel, admin tools, data sources (ODBC), create a system DSN of type SQL server and fill in the parameters for your SQL database. In Access, select file / get external data, files of type ODBC. Select machine data source, select the DSN you created and the table(s) you need. ...

Does MS Access db have problems with multiple users access it at once?
I am developing an Access db which will be used by multiple users. My questions are: Does MS Access have problems with multiple users accessing the db at once? If yes, what is your solution to this problem? I was informed that Access is not a good application for multiple users accessing it at once. Thank you for your assistance to this issue of mine. Will the users just be reading, or will multiple users be writing at the same time? I've seen data corruption in older (Access '97) databases with large numbers of users reading and writing. I haven't seen any corruption where...

How to get Graphs from MS Access and use them in MS Powerpoint
Is there any easy way how to use graphs created in MS Access 2000 in Powerpoint?Especially when I need to use about 20 of them. Is there any development in Office 2003? Oskar *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Instead of creating the graphs in Access, perhaps you should use vba either (a) to open Powerpoint from within Access and create the graph by pushing data into a Powerpoint template of your own design or (b) start Powerpoint and open the Access database in code and pull the data into a graph. Eith...

Web resources about - Problem with my chart in MS Access 2002 using a form and VB - comp.databases.ms-access

Puerto Rico Miss Universe Kristhielee Caride stripped of title over 'attitude problem'
Puerto Rico's 2016 Miss Universe contestant has been stripped of her crown after officials said she had an attitude problem.

Zero rates may be the problem stopping inflation
US Federal Reserve voting member James Bullard suggested that zero interest rate policy might be preventing much-needed inflation returning. ...

Things I Didn’t Know Were Problems
Pigeons and tawny crazy ants. Who knew? Here’s something that might be a problem: Would you be alarmed if your smallish freshwater fish tank ...

Despite a "Terror Recruitment Problem", Obama Continues Importing Nearly 1,000 Somalis Each Month
... in Somalia. Others have been convicted of sending material support to overseas terrorist organizations... ...The [radicalization] problem has ...

Casa de Oro residents fight problems in community - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel ...
Concerned residents in Casa de Oro continued their fight against illegal pot shops Thursday as they continue to see several pop up along Campo ...

Alphabet plans analytics platform to help cities solve traffic problems
Sidewalks Labs, a unit of Google parent-company Alphabet, is teaming up with the U.S. Department of Transportation to build a data and analytics ...

Report: Obama Pushes Donors To Back Hillary Despite Authenticity Problems
Report: Obama Pushes Donors To Back Hillary Despite Authenticity Problems

Turkish public says refugees EU’s problem, does not care about deal
Many members of the public consider the ongoing refugee crisis to be a problem for the EU and do not give much importance to a deal between Ankara ...