Query throws error -3201 "there is no message for this error"

Yikes!  That's about as helpful as "General error reading your disk."

I've got two tables / forms in a DB; one tracks change controls, the
other tracks server downtime events.  I've tried to write a query that
will pull the following data:

Date of implementation of repair / change control
Server Name
Type of repair / change implemented
Date of failure
Type of failure
Details (memo) on failure

On the following criteria:

Server Name (Repair / Change) = Server Name (Downtime / Failure)
Date of Failure is on exactly or 31 days AFTER date of repair / change
control

(Basically, I'm trying to find a way to correlate when someone does a
hardware / software change on a server, and then if the same server
blows a month later, relate it back to that change).

Here's the SQL statement I'm working on, which gives me that weird
error.  Any ideas where the thing went wrong?

SELECT tblServerRepairs.CurDate, tblServerRepairs.ServerName AS
tblServerRepairs_ServerName, tblServerRepairs.ChangeImplemented,
tblDowntimeFailures.FailureDate, tblDowntimeFailures.ServerName AS
tblDowntimeFailures_ServerName, tblDowntimeFailures.TypeofFailure,
tblDowntimeFailures.Details, tblServerRepairs.[Hardware-Software]
FROM tblServerRepairs, tblDowntimeFailures
WHERE (((tblDowntimeFailures.FailureDate) Between Date
([tblServerRepairs].[CurDate]) And Date([tblServerRepairs].[CurDate]
+31)) AND ((tblDowntimeFailures.ServerName)=[tblServerRepairs].
[ServerName]));
0
owner3102 (14)

chickenfriedsteak <owner@chickenfriedsteak.us> wrote:

>Date([tblServerRepairs].[CurDate]
>+31))

Try DateAdd instead of the +31.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
ttoews (2789)

MS Access 2.0 "reserved error -1302 There is no message for this error"
Hi, Folks! I am trying to resurrect a copy of MS Access 2.0 (MS Office 4.3) under WFW v3.11. I cannot start up Access because of a couple of error messages (paraphrased): 1. Opening Access: "Cannot open SYSTEM.MDA, file exclusively locked" 2. When I try to join SYSTEM.MDA in Workgroup Administrator it goes through okay but Access comes up with the same error message. 3. When trying to create a new SYSTEM.MDA file in Workgroup Administrator: "Reserved Error (-1302)..." What the Fudge!?! Does anyone know what's going on? Does anyone know how it can be fixed? A...

Error Message Help "Error Accessing File"
Hello, I don't understand this error message." Error accessing File. Network Connection may have been lost." I'm not using any network connection for the database. In the VBA editor is goes to "Private Sub Form_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)". I have been making a bunch of changes and I'm sure I have done something to corrupt this mdb but I don't know where to start of this one. I hope there is help for me... Thanks Norris x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups x-- Access to o...

Error Message: "Error accessing product object method"
We get the Error message "Error accessing product object method" when we execute the following Lotus Script instruction: Call outlineTW.Save() in an agent. Our developer uses the Notes 5 Designer and those who have problems use the Notes 6 clients. Could it be the cause of the prolem? Or else: any help please? Hi Lucky Luke, > We get the Error message "Error accessing product object method" when > we execute the following Lotus Script instruction: Call > outlineTW.Save() in an agent. What type of object is outlineTW? I'm writing a script lib...

"Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle" error when restarting application
Hi, we're using Oracle 10g, in combination with Delphi (7). Application uses Oracle client dll (oraociei10.dll). Quick explenation about the structure (All files are on the network): - A launcher application is started by the client. The launcher application checks an .ini file for the current application versie (.exe filename with a version postfix, e.g. "Application_112.exe"). The launcher starts the executable specified in the .ini file. In this way we can "release" by putting a new .exe file and updating the .ini file. The problem: In our application we've got the functionality to restart the application when a new version is available. If the application detects there is a new version (by checking the .ini file) the user can restart the application. The next thing happens on a restart: - Application starts the launcher again, the handle of the application is passed. - Application closes itself - Launcher waits until the application handle is gone - Launcher restarts application again (new version). When starting the application again, oracle generated the beautiful: "Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle" message. Initial thought was that the Oracle client was not unloaded, so we made the launcher wait up to 60 seconds after the application was closed and before the application is started again. But even then the error occurs. Detail: When not using the oracle client , but the "n...

Why is the difference between "Error Out.ctl" and "Error Out 3D.ctl"?
&nbsp; What is 'Error Out 3D.ctl' in LabVIEW 7.0? [It's found in 'Controls > Array & Cluster'.] Does it differ functionally from the old 'Error Out.ctl' found in 'Controls > Classic Controls > Classic Array & Cluster'? Or are the differences simply cosmetic? Neither of these controls seems to have an entry in LabVIEW Help. &nbsp; Oops - 'Why is' == 'What is' > Does it differ functionally from the old 'Error Out.ctl' found in > 'Controls > Classic Controls > Classic Array & Cluster'...

MAC SE: "Bomb" "Sys Error" / Address error" at start
Stephen Buggie (505) 863-2390 Psychology Department Univ. of New Mexico, Gallup February 15, 2006 200 College Road Gallup NM 87301 buggie@unm.edu NEED RESCUE DISK! MAC SE -- BOMB System Error / Address Error ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Macintosh experts, My Mac SE crashes at power-up. I gives the bell-chime, then it proceeds though the launch sequence. After showing two extension-icons, it crashes. Then a dialogue-box shows the BOMB icon with the message, SORRY, A SYSTEM ERROR HAS OCCURRED --- ADDRESS ERROR It never reaches the desktop; this crash occurs every time. The Mac SE has a 330 meg internal hard drive, System 6.x.x, and a 1.4 meg internal 3.5 floppy drive. There is a SCSI port but no internal CD reader. The b/w screen is extremely sharp in its focus. The computer worked fine until about a year ago, when I stupidly put a file in the wrong folder. It has crashed consistently ever since! It has an assortment of software on the hard drive, but I have backups of everything and am willing to reformat the entire hard drive if necessary to get the computer working again! If I can resurrect the computer, I hope to upgrade the system to System 7.0 or 7.1 . DONE SO FAR: Yes, I have launched it with shift-key down, to turn off the extensions, but it always crashes Ive also tried vari...

Error Message "Cannot open any more databases"
I have a report that uses several subreports. The report looks fine in print preview, but when I send it to the printer, I keep getting this message "Cannot open any more databases." This happened when I add the last subreport. Is there a limit on the amount of subreports you can call from a report? If so, any work-arounds? There is a little code behind the report, but nothing using recordsets. ...

What is "error 8"
I set up an external serial modem using the Red Hat GUI networking tool as a generic modem device. However, when I hit the "Activate" button, I get the message, "Failed to activate device with error 8." Where can I find what "error 8" means? Thanks. No one responded, but for the benefit of any other newbies who encounter this problem, here is the solution: I looked in the System Log and saw that the modem did not find a dial tone. I plugged in a phone line, and the "Activate" command worked fine. (I had not realized that "Activate" meant "Connect.") Crooked River wrote: > I set up an external serial modem using the Red Hat GUI networking tool > as a generic modem device. However, when I hit the "Activate" button, > I get the message, "Failed to activate device with error 8." Where can > I find what "error 8" means? > System error numbers can be found in /usr/include/asm/errno.h The only problem is that there is no assurance that that is what the program is displaying. #define ENOEXEC 8 /* Exec format error */ does not sound like what you are really getting. The best bet would be to look at the source of the program that is producing that error message. Unfortunately, the scattered shell scripts, programs, and whatnot concerned with networking, especially dial-up networking is a spaghetti mess, and if your ...

"out of memory" error message and "segment violation" or "segmentation fault (on linux)": the partially solution
Dear all, try these solution (origin support matlab): type the command line at the top of your .m file: feature accel off You can type the same at prompt matlab. If you are lucky, the message diseppaers. Type feature accel on for toggle (on is the default mode). Alain, who as very big experience with "out of memory and segmentation fault" ...

How To Accessing C++ Class objects in C : getting error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"
hi , i am Getting this Error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file i want to Access Them is .c File Files..... to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file... this Giving me the error!!! :( can Any Body Please Help me How to Access the C++ object in C file... Thanks In Advance :) Hi, > How to Access the C++ object in C file... Please have a look at the following page http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/mixing-c-and-cpp.html Regards On Jan 7, 11:17=A0am, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi , > i am Getting this Error > fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" > my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file > i want to Access Them is .c File Files..... > to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file... > this Giving me the error!!! :( > > can Any Body Please Help me > > How to Access the C++ object in C file... > Thanks In Advance :) In general, you can't. You can provide a procedural interface instead, and declare it in a header file like this: #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { #endif void some_function(int, char*, double); // or whatever #ifdef __cplusplus } #endif This can then be included from both C and C++. On Jan 7, 4:32=A0pm, tragomaskhalos <dave.du.verg...@logicacmg.com> wrote: > On Jan 7, 11:17=A0am, "...

[Urgent]: How To Accessing C++ Class objects in C : getting error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"
hi , i am Getting this Error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file i want to Access Them is .c File Files..... to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file... this Giving me the error!!! :( can Any Body Please Help me How to Access the C++ object in C file... Thanks In Advance :) "sachinv1821@gmail.com" <sachinv1821@gmail.com> writes: > How to Access the C++ object in C file... > Thanks In Advance :) You'd be better off asking in comp.lang.c++. I know this sounds...

"unknown mailer error 4" "unknown mailer error 32"
Hi Im running sendmail 8.12.9 on Solaris 8. I got "unknown mailer error 4" and "unknown mailer error 32". What does these messages mean ? Please teach me. Below is maillog. Jun 9 05:50:21 mailserver sendmail[21744]: [ID 801593 mail.info] h58Ke8TK021744: to="|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper sequencer -l mailinglist -n -h localdomain mailinglist-outgoing", ctladdr=<mailinglist@localdomain> (1/0), delay=00:10:21, xdelay=00:10:13, mailer=prog, pri=48014, dsn=5.3.0, stat=unknown mailer error 4 Jun 9 05:51:24 mailserver sendmail[21744]: [ID 801593 mail.info] h5...

ERROR MESSAGE "syntax error near unexpected token `do "
I'm a newbie to this, so I'm just trying to run a simple program and I'm gettting the followig error, syntax error near unexpected token `do , the below program is what I'm running. I'm running it on a Linux box if makes a difference. for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do echo "Welcome $i times" done vtcad wrote: > I'm a newbie to this, so I'm just trying to run a simple program and > I'm gettting the followig error, syntax error near unexpected token > `do , the below program is what I'm running. I'm running it on a Linux > box if makes a difference. > > > for i in 1 2 3 4 5 > do > echo "Welcome $i times" > done > Most likely it's a file generated on a WinDOS system or at least with some superfluous CR's; remove those CR's (^M's) at the line ends using dos2unix. Janis On 13 Apr 2007 11:08:13 -0700, vtcad <Roland.Fontaine@gmail.com> wrote: > > > I'm a newbie to this, so I'm just trying to run a simple program and > I'm gettting the followig error, syntax error near unexpected token > `do , the below program is what I'm running. I'm running it on a Linux > box if makes a difference. > > > for i in 1 2 3 4 5 > do > echo "Welcome $i times" > done > What shell are you using? Did you edit the script on the Linux machine or in Windows? -- Boy! Eucalyptus! On Apr 13, 2:39 pm, Bill Marcum <marcum...

Continuation of "Arrrgh! rsync "chroot failed" error message!"
I find myself in the same situation of the author of the thread entitled "Arrrgh! rsync "chroot failed" error message!" See http://tinyurl.com/o9kog or http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.networking/browse_frm/thread/6aa9b7a694b59b9b/9bb8512e8f6c233a?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#9bb8512e8f6c233a .. I am trying to use rsync to synchronize some files between two systems. I'm planning on doing this rather frequently, so it's my understanding that I should use the rsync daemon mode, and using ssh is basically a requirement as well. My most recent successful step was to link the /etc/rsyncd.conf file to $HOME for my remote user, and I'm now getting this error: $ rsync --rsh="ssh" -av --delete test.txt remoteHost::ModuleName/my/path @ERROR: chroot failed rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1296) [sender=2.6.8] Basically, what I want to know is this: In the thread above, the response was basically, "If you want to use ssh, then don't use the rsync daemon." That seems to be a common response on the web. Is it true? Is there a sensible way to use both ssh and the rsync daemon? As a related question, what is the additional overhead for NOT running rsync in daemon mode? Thanks. kenney@lucent.com <kenney@lucent.com> wrote: > I am trying to use rsync to synchronize some files between two systems. > I'm planning on doing this rather frequently, so it's...

Error message using "Copy Database Wizard"
Any advice from the crowd? Every time I try to run "Copy Database Wizard" I get an error message saying I must be a member of the sysadmin group and have permission to copy files over the network. I'm a local admin on both boxes and a member of the sysadmin group on both SQL servers and an admin on the network. What am I missing here? Thanks, Ralph Noble ralph_noble@hotmail.com Is the target server running under a domain account? Check out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274463&Product=sql -- Hope this helps. Dan Guzman SQL Server MVP "R...

"inbox closed due to access error" message
That is the error message that I routinely get. Not a show stopper - I can always reopen the mailbox, but I'm curious if there are settings that manage this. It usually happens after I click cntl-x to send a message. I'm using PC version on a Windows computer. The issue happened in Pine, in Alpine 1 and now in Alpine 2. Again, nothing is lost - it's more an aggravation that I would like to fix - if possible. My email setup is IMAP, although it also happens for POP. thanks for any tips... -- _____ david On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, david wrote: > That is the error message...

chkdsk c: /f gives "An unspecified error occurred" error message
This is probably an XP issue, but can anyone help me getting "An unspecified error occurred"? After running 'chkdsk c: /f' from the command prompt, I get the prompt to run at startup which I say yes to. After startup, I get the 10 second countdown, and then immediately the message: "An unspecified error occurred." and then chkdsk terminates and xp pr sp2 loads. Is there any way to find out WHAT the error is? It happens on both c: and d: (paging file) drive. I can run chkdsk c: /p from the recovery console to do full scan for bad sectors, and both disks are fine. I don't think it is an actual drive problem because it happens immediately after starting chkdsk, almost as if there is some XP return code problem. I've thoroughly scanned the pc with multiple anti-malware products, and everything seems ok otherwise. Any ideas on what it is, or how I can get more info to debug this? There's nothing in the event viewer logs, probably because it happens so early. Any ideas on how to debug or get more info, or resolve? On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 06:13:01 -0800, John. <noemail@cox.net> wrote: >This is probably an XP issue, but can anyone help me getting "An >unspecified error occurred"? > >After running 'chkdsk c: /f' from the command prompt, I get the prompt >to run at startup which I say yes to. > >After startup, I get the 10 second countdown, and then immed...

AFS compilation error "configure: error: no available sys_call_table access method"
I'm trying to build the afs module for Ubuntu hoary (kenel 2.6.10) and I am getting the following error. ..... checking if kernel uses MODVERSIONS... yes checking which kernel modules to build... SP checking for exported init_mm... no checking for exported kallsyms_address_to_symbol... no checking for exported kallsyms_symbol_to_address... no checking for exported sys_call_table... no checking for exported ia32_sys_call_table... no checking for exported sys_chdir... no checking for exported sys_close... no checking for exported sys_wait4... no configure: error: no available sys_call_table access method cow_racer wrote: > > I'm trying to build the afs module for Ubuntu hoary (kenel 2.6.10) > and I am getting the following error. > > .... > checking if kernel uses MODVERSIONS... yes > checking which kernel modules to build... SP > checking for exported init_mm... no > checking for exported kallsyms_address_to_symbol... no > checking for exported kallsyms_symbol_to_address... no > checking for exported sys_call_table... no > checking for exported ia32_sys_call_table... no > checking for exported sys_chdir... no > checking for exported sys_close... no > checking for exported sys_wait4... no > configure: error: no available sys_call_table access method http://www.daimi.au.dk/~kasperd/comp.os.linux.development.faq.html#syscall Buggy module. Why would it want to mes with the system call table anyway? -- Kasper Dupont...

Why display error message that is "pthdb_session.c, 794: 53 PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error)" ??
Found core file in Pro*C program on AIX 5.2.0.0. The Core file contents is as follows pthdb_session.c, 794: 53 PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) pthreaded.c, 1800: PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) Illegal instruction (illegal opcode) in . at 0x0 warning: Unable to access address 0x0 from core (dbx) where pthdb_session.c, 794: 53 PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) pthreaded.c, 1800: PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from core warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from core warning: Unable to access address 0xfffffffffffffffc from cor...

[compilation error] debugging this error message "Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to"
Hi,I have a class called Device that instantiates another class DbMoneyin this manner:=== return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() );===1) Both are in the same package, i.e. my.IMoney & my.Device2) When I compile them, javac complains with the error:Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to (my.IMoney,java.lang.String) return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() ) ^Q) My arguments to the DbMoney constructor match that of its declaredmethod parameters. So that can't be the problem. What am I doingwrong ?Gavin On Mar 28, 3:25 pm, "Gavin" <gavin.emp...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hi,G'day. Please note that starting a post'ssubject line with words in '['/']' will causethem to be hidden in the the GG groups list.I suggest not to do that, so everyone can seethe entire subject line.> I have a class called Device that instantiates another class DbMoney> in this manner:...> return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() );...> Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to (my.IMoney,> java.lang.String)> return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() )> ^>> Q) My arguments to the DbMoney constructor match that of its declared> method parameters.Do they? Your code snippets do not supportthat, or more accurately, if we had an SSCCE*,we could confirm that for ourselves.>..So that can't be the problem. What am I doing> wrong ?...

Error using SOPC builder
I'm trying to make a SDRAM controller with SOPC builder, but when I change the data width to 8bits I get the following error.. Warning: Signal "az_be_n" of type "byteenable_n" and width 1 must have width of 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128. I'm trying to make the system for a 64Mb SDR SDRAM, Micron MT48LC8M8A2P-75. Even when I select the Alliance AS4LC2M8S0-10 chip it does the same thing. So I'm guessing it has to do with a width of 8 bits. Thank you, Eric On Oct 18, 12:39 pm, sendt...@gmail.com wrote: > I'm trying to make a SDRAM controller with SOPC build...

"Error loading design" error
Hi, I'd like to ask a question about "Error loading design" error. My module compiles fine without an error. However, when I tried to simulate it with a testbench for the module, ModelSim gives an error message, saying "Error loading design". I copied & pasted the error message and my code below. I haven't been able to find out how to fix this error. If you see any problem in my code, please let ne know. Thanks. vsim work.test_SaXSb # vsim work.test_SaXSb # Loading work.test_SaXSb # Loading work.SaXSb # ** Warning: (vsim-3009) [TSCALE] - Module 'SaXSb' does not have a `timescale directive in effect, but previous modules do. # Region: /test_SaXSb/X1 # ** Error: (vsim-3033) D:/ ....... /SaXSb.v(11): Instantiation of 'zero_check' failed. The design unit was not found. # Region: /test_SaXSb/X1 # Searched libraries: # work # Loading work.exp_elem # ** Warning: (vsim-3009) [TSCALE] - Module 'exp_elem' does not have a `timescale directive in effect, but previous modules do. # Region: /test_SaXSb/X1/E1 # Loading work.alpha_elem # ** Warning: (vsim-3009) [TSCALE] - Module 'alpha_elem' does not have a `timescale directive in effect, but previous modules do. # Region: /test_SaXSb/X1/A1 # Error loading design module SaXSb (Sx_val, Sx_exp, Sa, Sb); input [7:0] Sa, Sb; output [7:0] Sx_val, Sx_exp; wire [7:0] Sx_val, Sx_exp;...

when i use "vxload bootrom" in the dos shell,i get the error message "not enough memory to load".
when i use "vxload bootrom" in the dos shell,i get the error message "not enough memory to load".why???????? in my config.sys I already set the "DOS=HIGH,UMB"and "FILE=30". my tornado's version is 2.2,and vxworks is 5.5 ...

Routing Radix tree problem, Got an error message "rn_delete: orphaned Mask" error from the stack
Hi All, We have a problem in hand where an attempt to delete from the radix tree returns error "rn_delete: orphaned Mask". Subsequently the stack goes into a loop after sometime while trying to traverse the mask list in rn_delete(). Anybody aware of a scenario under which this error message may be generated. Thanks Subin ...

" Unrecognized Database Format 'xxx.mdb' " error message.....
Hello All, I know this issue has be addressed a gazillion times in the past, but none of the offered solutions seem to work for me. I get this error when I attempt to pull down the RecordSource option in my GUI. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can solve this? I am running VB 6 with Service Pack 5 and Access 2000 (9.0.2720) In advance, thanks so much, Mike Make sure you're running the most recent MDAC which is downloadable on the Microsoft web site. "Ixnay" <mscgloss@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:21326100.0309031441.576a11d1@posting.google.com... > Hello All, > > I know this issue has be addressed a gazillion times in the past, but > none of the offered solutions seem to work for me. > > I get this error when I attempt to pull down the RecordSource option > in my GUI. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can solve this? > > I am running VB 6 with Service Pack 5 and Access 2000 (9.0.2720) > > In advance, thanks so much, > > Mike ...

Web resources about - Query throws error -3201 "there is no message for this error" - comp.databases.ms-access