Questions, Questions...

Hi!
I took the routine from Gastronor.mdb:

In the frmOrderDetails -> ITemID_AfterUpdate:
Dim strFilter as String
strFilter = "ItemID = " & Me!ItemID

but it didn't work on win 2000 with access 2000. However, after
playing around for a while,
I found: Me!UnitPrice = ItemID.Column(2) to work just fine, even after
updating prices in
the tblItems. Anybody knows why?

The routine in win 98/win nt in the footer of frmOrderDetails:
=Sum((Price*Amount*(1-[Discount])/100)*100))
didn't either work. After testing and trying I finally discovered that
=Sum(Price*Amount*Discount) does the job on win 2000. ????
What is happening? Anybody know if there is a major difference in this
thing from
win98/win nt to win 2000? (I should maybe say that I'm working only
with DAO 3.6)

Questions:
1.I have my own four buttons on frmOrders
(btnGoToFirst,btnGoToPRevious,btnGoToNext,btnGoToLast).
How can I disable them: when user click GoToLast and comes to last
order and I wish that
btnGoToNext and btnGoToLast should be disabled, and similarly with the
first record?
Anybody know an article on this?

2.I have two invisible fields on the form.
  I=chkWritten and II=chkCreditMemo
In the cmdWriteCreditMemo I want to check whether I and/or II is
checked. Because the user
should not be able to print a CreditMemo if either he forgot to print
an invoice first,
or if he already sendt both invoice and creditmemo to printer. I have
been trying:

  if (Me.chkPrinted.Value=False) AND (Me.chkCreditMemo.Value=False)
then
      MsgBox "You have not printed INVOICE YET!"
       DoCmd.CancelEvent
   ElseIf (Me.chkPrinted.Value=True) AND
(Me.chkCreditMemo.Value=False) then

To me it seems very logical, but nothing keeps happening when fireing
the event. You have
a commentary on this?
I've been playing with other variations too, but out of respect for
the community I'd
better leave You without knowing.

3.Finally I want to set reference to the different type libraries in
code, instead of
using 'Tools -> references' in the VBA Editor. Where do I find some
code examples on this,
because the one in the help-file didn't give me any hint.

Well, I thank You always for Your willingness and eager to give good
comments. I think I
have progressed as a "programmer" by participating here.

Kind regards,

Me.Name
0
almpio (10)

ask me a question ms access databases
I will be willing to help, with access databases, in same order request is received. The web site is at www.jaxdatasolutions.com. This is for a limited time only. ivanmendoza@comcast.net (Ivan) wrote: >I will be willing to help, with access databases, in same order >request is received. The web site is at <snipped> This >is for a limited time only. Umm, hows about we ask questions in this newsgroup? Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips &...

Questions over questions
Hello people, I have a problem with my ISP! He kills my php script, if they were executed over 30 seconds. Can I use some trick to fake a little bit? That I can execute the script longer!? Greeting! Sven Dzepina wrote: > Hello people, > > I have a problem with my ISP! He kills my php script, if they were executed > over 30 seconds. > Can I use some trick to fake a little bit? That I can execute the script > longer!? > > Greeting! > > If your ISP doesn't run your script in safe mode, which it most likely does, then you can set_time_limit(0); for unli...

paltalk MS ACCESS, general database questions
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C7AAE9.97F77F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable www.Paltalk.com: Welcome to the ms access database programmer Group = unsha ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C7AAE9.97F77F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2180" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <DIV> <P><FONT face=3DArial>www.<A = href=3D"http://Paltalk.com">Paltalk.com</A>: Welcome to=20 the ms access database programmer Group = unsha</FONT></P></DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C7AAE9.97F77F70-- ...

MS Access Question for Access Gurus
I have one table called Album another table called Song One Album has many songs I created an Album form that contains a Song Subform. in the Song table I have a field id which is the primary key, and another field called index The song index is a number that represents the song number on the record. For example on the Beatle's Album: Abbey Road the song indices are as follows: Track Listings 1. Come Together 2. Something 3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer 4. Oh! Darling 5. Octopus's Garden 6. I Want You (She's So Heavy) 7. Here Comes the Sun 8. Because 9. You Never Give Me Your Money 10. Sun King 11. Mean Mr. Mustard 12. Polythene Pam 13. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window 14. Golden Slumbers 15. Carry That Weight 16. End 17. Her Majesty My question is.....on the song subform how can I get the song index to automatically have the index inserted based on the number of tracks already entered. In other words a running count? For your information, here are my tables Table: Album Primary Key: id (number) name (text) Table: Song Primary Key: id (number) name (text) index (number) albumID (foreign key) Relationship is One Album to Many Songs with Referential Integrity. I really appreciate your help. "Elliot W. Scott" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:mu2dndCuUJpUqInfRVn-pw@comcast.com... >I have one table called Album > another table cal...

Re: help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions
Without having enough time to analyze excatly, what are your needs: if there are no important reasons why the data must be keept in MS Access: why you don't keep it all in SAS? If you are analyzing in SAS, there is no real reason to have any other DB to hold the data. For users you have many possibilities to give them comfortable possibilities to enter data, in or outside SAS. In SAS, the most easy idea is to use SAS/FSP. But that is not necessary. You can use nearly any tool for data entry and bring the (standard formatted) data into SAS. To get a consultant for realizing a proper solution might be a good idea. It sometime is not easy trying to learn to program in SAS by developing a productive solution, because it might be not easy to get it in time with all the obstacles, there might be in your way. If you have time (and money) enough, you should take the chance to learn how to do some steps further in SAS programming together with a good consultant. On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:26:59 -0500, Rob Cheshire <rob.cheshire@NOAA.GOV> wrote: >Hi to all, > I need some help deciding on the best database system for our >specific application. >OPTIONAL INFO: We currently have 2 separate projects that need to be >updated from dos-based dBase. I'll only describe one of these but the >other is comparable in size. The project currently has about 32 >files. The 2 largest are about 30,000 records and 5 columns include >data from the last 30 yea...

Re: help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions #2
You're describing my project with the Department of Education! We had a dbase database and used a Clipper application to massage it into 'presentable' form. And I thought I was on the bleeding edge (back edge, that is) 8 years ago. As with everything, it depends on what your main purpose is. In my case, it was to disseminate the information to as many people as possible in a format that could be read by/into as many applications as possible. So, we converted our data to flat files and supplied an 'application' that generated sas code that would read the flat files into a sas dataset (complete with formats and labels), so the researcher could write their own code to run against the sas dataset. It sounds like your project isn't quite as ambitious, but the reason I include this example is that it's hard to predict what form data will take, say, 5 years from now. I'll bet you've already run into difficulties in using Clipper, and you'd like to avoid these kind of problems the next time you update/analyze your data. Sas has had some changes in going from one version to another--generally, upgrading to the next version involves updating your dataset to the next version's format. So, if you're purpose is to archive your data for the next iteration of your survey, unless you're going to be active in the data, sas might not be the best choice for data storage. Somewhat more stable would be something like SQL server (cheap, ...

Re: help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions #3
Rob: MS Access imports data easily from dBase (*.dbf) files. I see no advantage in moving to SAS for that feature, especially if you would prefer to use the basic DE form controls in MS Access to develop what should be a simple DE capability. Although ODBC transfers of data from MS Access (*.mdb) databases has some pitfalls, as does OLEdb or other middleware (in particular, conversions of integers to floating point numbers, date/time values, and nulls/missings), a bit of Q/C will help you iron out the wrinkles and set up a reliable connection. It often helps as well to separate a data collection operation from a data analysis group. Even on a small scale, periodic publishing of analytic datasets usually works better than giving researchers continuous access to primary data files. Continuous access makes it more difficult to check estimates for consistency and to replicate earlier results. A separate database for data collection operations also makes it easier to implement a sound database design for operations. Data analysts prefer to restructure data to fit analytic procedures, and have little appreciation of data integrity constraints and data validation. Fortunately you do not have to choose between MS Access (or another DBMS) and SAS. SAS has particular value on the analytic side of your project(s). Access to a data source with a good relational database design guarantees that a SAS programmer can restructure data quickly and accurately into the structures that analysts ...

ODBC/OLE DB MS Access Question 10G Database Upgrade Issues?
Hi There We currently have the following setup: Server: Oracle Database on Unix @ 9.2 Client: Windows XP Pro (SP1) MS Access 2000 Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle pile of databases that connect to oracle via ODBC/OLE DB Oracle Client 8.1.7 (MSDTC keys are pointing at oracle 8 dll's) We will be upgrading our database to Oracle 10G, and are concerned that the connection between MS access and the database will fail, or we will have data issues. I have read some reports of this, but have seen no consistant data accross the board. Testing will be done of course, but sometimes its easy to ask first.... We will also (in time) look at upgrading the Oracle Client level (currently we only have done that for our developers/dba's), but I am concerned with Microsoft's ODBC/OLE DB drivers. Will I be forced to upgrade to the Oracle drivers? Will I be forced to upgrade the client (SQL*net) level? (I.e. oraclient10.dll) I also have a few other apps that require ODBC/OLE DB access including Powerbuilder and Crystal Reports. Thanks, Henry If your clients are at least 8.1.7 you should have no problem. We have servers and clients running from 8.0.4 to 10g. The only issue we now have is that the 10g folks can't talk to the 8.0 folks. Not quite true. Our parent Company still has some O7, and that is causing us problems with the 9i2 and 10g, but that is only a couple of dozen out of 5K users. In fact, I had MS tell me at one point that their ODBC/OLEDB is now base...

Database question, Vb6 SP5, DAO, Access database
I posted this message in a VB database newsgroup 5 days ago and have not received any answers. Since this newsgroup has been very supportive in VB, I am posting it here (with changes) in hopes of getting an answer. Jim Y Using a database is still new for me. I do not know all the terms, so I hope I can explain my question. I wrote a program in VB6 SP5 using DAO. It works with no known problems (yet), I had to add/modify the database and program to include an additional variable. This program has been installed on a friends PC with XP and I want to upgrade it with the new version. My que...

Database access question
SAS-L gurus -=20 =20 I have a question about database access using SAS. Suppose I have multiple databases that my computer hooks directly, but I don't know the names. Using "libname" way, for example: *** libname db oracle = user=3Dxxx password=3Dxxx path=3D'db_name"; *** I can assign an alias to the = specific database I want to access. With this approach, however, I have to know the database name ("db_name" in this example) in priori. Is there anyway I can detect all the available database names that I can access? For instance, in Excel, whenever I click "Data->Import external data->new database query", there is a dialogue coming out with all the accessible database listed that I can hook up with. I am wondering how I can achieve this, I mean I can detect all the available and accessible database without knowing their names in advance (Backbone database builder is Oracle). =20 Thanks for the help. ...

MS Access newbie question
First I would like to apologize for not being able to provide an informative subject for this message. I am new to MS Access. I got two versions of the same Access application. In the first version, I can browse all the properties of the tables, queries, forms and etc. In the second version, I can only see the run-time GUI, but not the properties of all the objects. Here are my questions: -Why are the two versions different? Is the first version the source code, and the second version the executable? -One of my colleagues said that the difference between the 2 version is due to user level se...

Re: Database access question
Hi, Assuming your account is authorized to do so, you can use the SYS schema to access the Oracle ALL_TABLES dictionary views. For example: libname db oracle user=xxx password=xxx path='path' schema='SYS'; /* List all tables on server */ proc print data=db.ALL_TABLES; var owner table_name; run; In my experience, the "path" option doesn't really point to a database; it points to a database server (which contains many different databases). It's possible that the "path" expression you use somehow includes a particular schema reference. If it does, you probably need to take that off. When all else fails, ask you local DBA for instructions. Good luck, Bob -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Xiao, Steven Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:03 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Database access question SAS-L gurus - I have a question about database access using SAS. Suppose I have multiple databases that my computer hooks directly, but I don't know the names. Using "libname" way, for example: *** libname db oracle user=xxx password=xxx path='db_name"; *** I can assign an alias to the specific database I want to access. With this approach, however, I have to know the database name ("db_name" in this example) in priori. Is there anyway I can detect all the available database names that I can access? For instance, in Excel, whe...

questions on audit question
I want to audit any insert, update transaction on a particular table. So I set audit_trail=DB then "audit insert, update on db1.tablename;" >From the SYS.AUD$ table, the result only shows ONE audit record for each session. For example, if UserA do 2 INSERTS and 3 UPDATES on the table during the session, I only got ONE record in SYS.AUD$: SQL> select userid, ses$actions from user_audit_object; USERA ------S---S----- But I want to see the exact number of times the tables are being insert and update. How to accomplish that? Susan susana73@hotmail.com wrote: > I want to audit any insert, update transaction on a particular table. > So I set audit_trail=DB then "audit insert, update on db1.tablename;" > >>From the SYS.AUD$ table, the result only shows ONE audit record for > each session. For example, if UserA do 2 INSERTS and 3 UPDATES on the > table during the session, I only got ONE record in SYS.AUD$: > > SQL> select userid, ses$actions from user_audit_object; > USERA ------S---S----- > > But I want to see the exact number of times the tables are being insert > and update. How to accomplish that? > > Susan And your Oracle version is? Given no version number ... look at using an after insert or update trigger. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace 'x' with 'u' to respond) ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - ...

Question on Access database design
Hello. I'm using Access 2007 on a WinXP system. I'm stymied on how to get a calculation to work properly. I'm a book review editor, and I'm keeping track of books I've sent out for review, etc. One field is titled "Date Book Received." I want to create a column in the table titled "Date Review Due" which takes the value in "Date Book Received" and adds 30 days to that date. I also want to have a column titled "Days Out" that takes today's date and subtracts the value in "Date Book Received." Do I create this formula in the "Default Value" area? Using the expression builder, I can't find a way of inserting field names. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Jeffrey Needle wrote: > Hello. I'm using Access 2007 on a WinXP system. I'm stymied on how to > get a calculation to work properly. > > I'm a book review editor, and I'm keeping track of books I've sent out > for review, etc. One field is titled "Date Book Received." I want to > create a column in the table titled "Date Review Due" which takes the > value in "Date Book Received" and adds 30 days to that date. I also > want to have a column titled "Days Out" that takes today's date and > subtracts the value in "Date Book Received." > > Do I create this formula in the "Default Value" area? Usi...

Access Database Redesign Question
Hi i have assigned a task to update an access database(2003).This database is going to be re-distributed to some users and they will send some reports or data at the end of the year.I have looked the database and it is normalized(although the table names are in French) but i don't like it so much the structure of the database.I am thinking to change the tables(schema) but then i will have to import the old data into the news tables and i haven't done such a task yet.My Worries is that if i want to redesign the whole database i am going to have problems because i don't know efficient how to put the data in their previous form and relate them... Any thoughts help what to follow(or Tutorials) when i am redesign a database and what dangers it has? Best Regards Miltiadis If you are not sure how it should be designed, and you believe it to be properly normalized, what is it about the database that you "don't like it so much" that you think it should be redesigned? There are times, and designing a relational database is one that, "You have got to know what you are doing." From what you write and the questions you ask, it seems clear to me that you have more to learn than is possible in a newsgroup response, or even a series of newsgroup responses. Take a look at _Designing Effective Relational Database Systems_, by Rebecca Riordan, the first edition published by Microsoft Press, and the second published by Addison-Wesley -- either edit...

OT MS Access question
People, Does anyone know how to have MS Access run a macro when it opens ? Thanks Dave Dave Fickbohm Use Technology to the Fullest 1250 45th st suite 200 Emeryville, CA, 94608 510 594 4151 voice Hi Dave, If you name an MS-Access macro object, 'autoexec' it will execute when the Access database file opens. If you want to have MS-Access run a SAS macro I have no idea. -- Bill McKirgan On Mar 26, 12:49 pm, davefickb...@YAHOO.COM (David Fickbohm) wrote: > People, > Does anyone know how to have MS Access run a macro when it opens ? > Thanks > Dave > > Dave Fickbohm ...

VB6 and Access Database Questions...
I am a novice with VB6 and Access Databases. I am looking at how to write a program in VB6 which will track information and will add, delete, and updated this information to the access DB as needed. Also, I am interested in how to read a value from a field in an access DB and load it into a data array variable. Thanks, Henry Best bet is to do a search for ADO in Google. -- Chris Hanscom MVP (Visual Basic) http://www.veign.com -- "babydoc" <babydoc_no@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9618454b4b1943deac0e72397bb1b482@localhost.talkaboutprogramming.com.....

ms access quirey question
Hi I was wondering is it possible to read write to a memo field in ms access, the same way you would read write to a text field? I have my database set up and reading writeing to the databse ok using text field but I have to now store strings which will contain 316 characters e.g 1315259804765771089746208008724780151971640940654061 5945089711350055105440014387233852223755558178959373 5901729523358226196346901333363266720160161567476750 8698500810033377223926558621622404221161922571217657 5908662820038302522362188659394554116014527409368579 573295108852401025657242056374503972313949815709 643...

MS Access Report Question
I have a complet Access database and it is used for reporting to the goverment, what the reporting requirements are is to summarize how many people of what type we served, for example I have a Combo box with different races in them, i.e. White, African-American, Asian, etc. and I also have a date field associated with the record. What I would like is to summarize those fields by months. For example January White: 23 African American: 19 February White: 12 Asian: 23 Do you have anysuggestions on the best way to do this? I have tried reports, but it is confusing to do t...

Access Database rights question
Hi, We recently have a client that wants to send our entire Access 2003 database to another party for use in data mining. I don't think that should be legal. I think the database structure should be the property of our company and should not be distributed to any other party outside of their company and should be used exclusively by our product. If they want, we could come up with data and reporting export modules for them. What do you think? -paulw On 12/15/2010 1:26 PM, PW wrote: > Hi, > > We recently have a client that wants to send our entire Access...

Access Database Programing Questions
I am looking for a group that would help me with a few questions I have on setting up an access database. I have been pushed into using access so there are some things about it that I am still learning. specifically I am looking for a way to click on a button that will fill in a microsoft word document and fill in the information I have in that particular database record I have found the section on opening up word with a click of a button but now I want to fill in the document with the information that I have entered. You might want to consider just using Microsoft Word to create a mail merge against either a table or query in your database. That would be far easier than trying to replicate the process using button events. But the more you explain about the particular problem you're trying to solve, the better help you'll get. Use my sample library.... It does exactly as you ask... You can find it here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html Grab the super easy word merge....and if you like the sampel..then please read the help on the web site on how to use it... -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal ...

design question
Hello all - I'm working on a database that stores data for a survey. We are storing several different types of surveys, each of which can have any number of different question types. For instance, a survey could have a multiple choice question, a yes/no question, numerical question, or a free-form text answer. When a user logs on to fill out a survey, the data from the survey template will be copied to a set of tables which look basically the same, except that they will store the survey questions and the answers from the user. Each question type would have a different field or fields for storing the answer. For instance, a yes/no question would require a binary field to store the answer, and a single field for the question itself. However, to store a multiple choice question, I need a field for the question, a related table for an arbitrary number of pre- written answer, and then a field for which answer the user chose. I'm trying to figure out the optimal way to store the questions ( in survey template tables ) and their user-generated answers. It seems to me that I have two choices: (1) I can have one table that has field for all of the question types, and most of fields will be empty, because each row will only need one or two fields to store a question. But, it seems I run the risk of storing data in the wrong field, if I don't code this carefully. survey_templates ----------- id survey_template_questions ------------------------ id survey_id question ...

Question regarding OOP and database access
Hello sirs! Suppose I have these objects (and their attributes): Car - string carName - Wheel aWheel Truck - string truckName - Wheel aWheel Wheel - string wheelColor - bool hasAHonk (as I lack imagination for a better example, let's assume that the car and the truck use the same kind of wheel). In my relational database I have tables to persist these objects: Car - Car_ID int (pk) - carName varchar - Wheel_ID int (fk) Truck - Truck_ID int (pk) - truckName varchar - Wheel_ID int (fk) Wheel - Wheel_ID int (pk) - wheelColor varchar - hasAHonk int And then I have this code: // CAR BUSINESS LAYER public Car getCarById(int p_id) { // just get the car from the database CarDataLayer carDB = new CarDataLayer(); return carDB.getCarById(p_id); } // CAR DATA LAYER (doing a 'full load' of the associated object) public Car getCarById(int p_id) { SQLCommand sql = new SQLCommand(); sql.Text = 'SELECT A.Car_ID, A.carName, B.Wheel_ID, B.wheelColor, B.hasAHonk ' + 'FROM Car A, Wheel B ' + 'WHERE (A.Wheel_ID = B.Wheel_ID) AND (A.Car_ID = ' + p_id + ')'; SqlReader sqlReader = sql.ExecuteReader(); // create the car object Car objCar = new Car(); objCar.carName = sqlReader.getValue('carName'); // create the wheel object Wheel objWheel = new Wheel(); objWheel.wheelColor = sqlReader.getValue('wheelColor'); objWheel.hasAHonk = sqlReader.getValue('...

MS-Access Question -Please Help !!!
I have been stuck on this problem for a week and am starting to loose my marbles. I am sure that the answer is going to be painfully simple but I just can't figure it out. Here goes: I am working on database that has 2 tables. Table1 contains a master list of all users with a usernumber as the PrimaryKey (i.e. unique). Table2 tracks instances of an event by usernumber and date. It is possible (and necessary) for Table2 to have multiple instances of the same usernumber but only if they have different dates. The problem is that I want to write a query that will only return the most rec...

Web resources about - Questions, Questions... - comp.databases.ms-access

Thirteen tough questions every couple should ask for a successful marriage
These intimate and sometimes awkward questions give couples a chance to spill secrets before it's too late.

Arnold Schwarzenegger terminates Weekend Sunrise interview after questions on US presidential campaign ...
He's famous for saying he'll be back, but Arnold Schwarzenegger may think twice about appearing on Weekend Sunrise again.

South Carolina police officer killed trying to question teen
A South Carolina police officer was shot and killed Friday as he and a partner were trying to question a self-professed gang member who they ...

"It’s a question every candidate for state Supreme Court is asked: Which U.S. Supreme Court justices ...
Writes the left/liberal Bill Lueders at the end of his Isthmus piece "Battle for the [Wisconsin Supreme] court/Bradley v. Kloppenburg is a classic ...

17 former Google interview questions so ridiculous that the company banned them
Sometimes the hiring practices of even the most successful companies can feel outright wonky. There can be strange interview questions that ...

S.C. police officer killed trying to question teen
S.C. police officer killed trying to question teen

14 great responses when a job interviewer asks, 'Any questions for me?'
So you managed to get through a phone screen, ten resume revisions, and a lot of anxious moments when you were convinced they were ignoring you. ...

South Carolina police officer killed trying to question man
New York Daily News South Carolina police officer killed trying to question man Charlotte Observer Police officers work the scene of an officer-involved ...

5 Climate Questions About China’s New Five-Year Plan
Originally published on WRI. By Geoffrey Henderson, Ranping Song and Paul Joffe China has officially unveiled its 13th Five-Year Plan, which ...