Quick, simple question with Access Database Form

Hello All,

I have a quick, easy question. Hopefully, someone will give me a hint.
I will greatly appreciate any help. I am pretty new to Access.

I have created a Main Menu in Form in Access. When I click on Main
Menu, an interface popups. In the interface, I have 2 buttons. For
example:

--------------------------------------------------------|
|                                                       |
|              |--------------------|                   |
|              | House Info         |                   |
|              |--------------------                    |
|                                                       |
|              |--------------------|                   |
|              | Car Info           |                   |
|              |--------------------                   |

|                                                       |

What I have to do is that: when I click on button "House Info" then a
window pops up, asking for password. After that, it will go to another
interface for the user to enter/update  their House information. When
someone clicks on "Car Info" button, there is no window pops up asking
for password, it just goes directly to its own interface for user to
enter information about their car.

If you have any idea how to do this, please give me a hint. Thank you
so very much for your help.

Sincerely,
Teresa

0
leeza001 (11)

On 29 Sep 2005 17:02:18 -0700, "motessa" <leeza001@yahoo.com> wrote:

In the Click even for the HouseInfo button write:
If InputBox("Enter the password") = "secret" then
  docmd.openform "EnterUpdateHouseInfo"
end if

In the click event for the other button (which you could have created
if you had used the wizard), the code would be:
docmd.openform "EnterUpdateCarInfo"

Of course you have to replace the password and form names by the
actual ones used in your app.

-Tom.

>Hello All,
>
>I have a quick, easy question. Hopefully, someone will give me a hint.
>I will greatly appreciate any help. I am pretty new to Access.
>

>I have created a Main Menu in Form in Access. When I click on Main
>Menu, an interface popups. In the interface, I have 2 buttons. For
>example:
>
>--------------------------------------------------------|
>|                                                       |
>|              |--------------------|                   |
>|              | House Info         |                   |
>|              |--------------------                    |
>|                                                       |
>|              |--------------------|                   |
>|              | Car Info           |                   |
>|              |--------------------                   |
>|                                                       |

>What I have to do is that: when I click on button "House Info" then a
>window pops up, asking for password. After that, it will go to another
>interface for the user to enter/update  their House information. When
>someone clicks on "Car Info" button, there is no window pops up asking
>for password, it just goes directly to its own interface for user to
>enter information about their car.
>
>If you have any idea how to do this, please give me a hint. Thank you
>so very much for your help.
>
>Sincerely,
>Teresa

Hi Tom,

Thanks very much for your help. It gave me a wonderful tip in solving
this problem.

The only issue I have is that when the box pops up asking for password,
if I click on the "Cancel" button,
it will go directly to the next interface for the user to enter their
house information, and also if the user enters the wrong password, it
still goes directly to the next interface. Here is what I have in the
Click Event:

Private Sub Condition_Data_Setting_Click()

If InputBox("Enter the password") = "test" Then
  DoCmd.OpenForm "EnterUpdateHouseInfo"
End If

On Error GoTo Err_Condition_Data_Setting_Click
    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stLinkCriteria As String
    stDocName = "1-CONDITION SETTING"
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
Exit_Condition_Data_Setting_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Condition_Data_Setting_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Condition_Data_Setting_Click

End Sub

--- In my real app, the button is called : "Condition Data Setting".
I will try to change the code to make it work, if you see the reason
why, please drop me a line. Thank you so very much in answering me
question.

Sincerely,
Teresa

0
leeza001 (11)
9/30/2005 3:33:16 PM
On 30 Sep 2005 08:33:16 -0700, "motessa" <leeza001@yahoo.com> wrote:

Perhaps this would work: ensure that all code gets executed in the
"If" condition:

Private Sub Condition_Data_Setting_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Condition_Data_Setting_Click
    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stLinkCriteria As String

If InputBox("Enter the password") = "test" Then
  DoCmd.OpenForm "EnterUpdateHouseInfo"

    stDocName = "1-CONDITION SETTING"
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
End If

Exit_Condition_Data_Setting_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Condition_Data_Setting_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Condition_Data_Setting_Click
End Sub

If you want the first form to be finished before we get to the second
one, use a modal form:
  DoCmd.OpenForm "EnterUpdateHouseInfo",,,,acDialog
You'll need to check the number of comma's here, but there is an
argument that allows you to specify that the form should be opened
modally. The line "stDocName = ..." won't execute until the form
closes.

-Tom.

>Hi Tom,
>
>Thanks very much for your help. It gave me a wonderful tip in solving
>this problem.
>
>The only issue I have is that when the box pops up asking for password,
>if I click on the "Cancel" button,
>it will go directly to the next interface for the user to enter their
>house information, and also if the user enters the wrong password, it
>still goes directly to the next interface. Here is what I have in the
>Click Event:
>
>Private Sub Condition_Data_Setting_Click()
>
>If InputBox("Enter the password") = "test" Then
>  DoCmd.OpenForm "EnterUpdateHouseInfo"
>End If
>
>On Error GoTo Err_Condition_Data_Setting_Click
>    Dim stDocName As String
>    Dim stLinkCriteria As String
>    stDocName = "1-CONDITION SETTING"
>    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria
>Exit_Condition_Data_Setting_Click:
>    Exit Sub
>
>Err_Condition_Data_Setting_Click:
>    MsgBox Err.Description
>    Resume Exit_Condition_Data_Setting_Click
>
>End Sub
>
>--- In my real app, the button is called : "Condition Data Setting".
>I will try to change the code to make it work, if you see the reason
>why, please drop me a line. Thank you so very much in answering me
>question.
>
>Sincerely,
>Teresa

Thanks so much for your reply, Tom. I am almost finished with this. You
are a great help. I hope somebody will help you in your time of need as
much as you help me.

Sincerely,
Teresa

0
leeza001 (11)

Database question, Vb6 SP5, DAO, Access database
I posted this message in a VB database newsgroup 5 days ago and have not received any answers. Since this newsgroup has been very supportive in VB, I am posting it here (with changes) in hopes of getting an answer. Jim Y Using a database is still new for me. I do not know all the terms, so I hope I can explain my question. I wrote a program in VB6 SP5 using DAO. It works with no known problems (yet), I had to add/modify the database and program to include an additional variable. This program has been installed on a friends PC with XP and I want to upgrade it with the new version. My que...

ask me a question ms access databases
I will be willing to help, with access databases, in same order request is received. The web site is at www.jaxdatasolutions.com. This is for a limited time only. ivanmendoza@comcast.net (Ivan) wrote: >I will be willing to help, with access databases, in same order >request is received. The web site is at <snipped> This >is for a limited time only. Umm, hows about we ask questions in this newsgroup? Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips &...

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

paltalk MS ACCESS, general database questions
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C7AAE9.97F77F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable www.Paltalk.com: Welcome to the ms access database programmer Group = unsha ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C7AAE9.97F77F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2180" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <DIV> <P><FONT face=3DArial>www.<A = href=3D"http://Paltalk.com">Paltalk.com</A>: Welcome to=20 the ms access database programmer Group = unsha</FONT></P></DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C7AAE9.97F77F70-- ...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

Re: help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions
Without having enough time to analyze excatly, what are your needs: if there are no important reasons why the data must be keept in MS Access: why you don't keep it all in SAS? If you are analyzing in SAS, there is no real reason to have any other DB to hold the data. For users you have many possibilities to give them comfortable possibilities to enter data, in or outside SAS. In SAS, the most easy idea is to use SAS/FSP. But that is not necessary. You can use nearly any tool for data entry and bring the (standard formatted) data into SAS. To get a consultant for realizing a proper solution might be a good idea. It sometime is not easy trying to learn to program in SAS by developing a productive solution, because it might be not easy to get it in time with all the obstacles, there might be in your way. If you have time (and money) enough, you should take the chance to learn how to do some steps further in SAS programming together with a good consultant. On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:26:59 -0500, Rob Cheshire <rob.cheshire@NOAA.GOV> wrote: >Hi to all, > I need some help deciding on the best database system for our >specific application. >OPTIONAL INFO: We currently have 2 separate projects that need to be >updated from dos-based dBase. I'll only describe one of these but the >other is comparable in size. The project currently has about 32 >files. The 2 largest are about 30,000 records and 5 columns include >data from the last 30 yea...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

Re: help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions #2
You're describing my project with the Department of Education! We had a dbase database and used a Clipper application to massage it into 'presentable' form. And I thought I was on the bleeding edge (back edge, that is) 8 years ago. As with everything, it depends on what your main purpose is. In my case, it was to disseminate the information to as many people as possible in a format that could be read by/into as many applications as possible. So, we converted our data to flat files and supplied an 'application' that generated sas code that would read the flat files into a sas dataset (complete with formats and labels), so the researcher could write their own code to run against the sas dataset. It sounds like your project isn't quite as ambitious, but the reason I include this example is that it's hard to predict what form data will take, say, 5 years from now. I'll bet you've already run into difficulties in using Clipper, and you'd like to avoid these kind of problems the next time you update/analyze your data. Sas has had some changes in going from one version to another--generally, upgrading to the next version involves updating your dataset to the next version's format. So, if you're purpose is to archive your data for the next iteration of your survey, unless you're going to be active in the data, sas might not be the best choice for data storage. Somewhat more stable would be something like SQL server (cheap, ...

Web resources about - Quick, simple question with Access Database Form - comp.databases.ms-access

Thirteen tough questions every couple should ask for a successful marriage
These intimate and sometimes awkward questions give couples a chance to spill secrets before it's too late.

Arnold Schwarzenegger terminates Weekend Sunrise interview after questions on US presidential campaign ...
He's famous for saying he'll be back, but Arnold Schwarzenegger may think twice about appearing on Weekend Sunrise again.

South Carolina police officer killed trying to question teen
A South Carolina police officer was shot and killed Friday as he and a partner were trying to question a self-professed gang member who they ...

"It’s a question every candidate for state Supreme Court is asked: Which U.S. Supreme Court justices ...
Writes the left/liberal Bill Lueders at the end of his Isthmus piece "Battle for the [Wisconsin Supreme] court/Bradley v. Kloppenburg is a classic ...

The question nobody dares to ask about strategy
Picture by Henrik Mårtensson I originally published this article at Linkedin Pulse : When I transitioned from my work as a developer and systems ...

17 former Google interview questions so ridiculous that the company banned them
Sometimes the hiring practices of even the most successful companies can feel outright wonky. There can be strange interview questions that ...

S.C. police officer killed trying to question teen
S.C. police officer killed trying to question teen

14 great responses when a job interviewer asks, 'Any questions for me?'
So you managed to get through a phone screen, ten resume revisions, and a lot of anxious moments when you were convinced they were ignoring you. ...

South Carolina police officer killed trying to question man
New York Daily News South Carolina police officer killed trying to question man Charlotte Observer Police officers work the scene of an officer-involved ...