Re: a2k - controlling tab order of controls

Deano wrote:
> I have 3 groups of controls each in their own frame and all are
> sitting on a page in a tab control.
>
> I want the user to be able to tab between the controls in each frame;
> at the moment tabbing can move the cursor to another frame, which is
> a bit disconcerting when the user is filling out some address fields.
>
> I've played around with the tab index properties manually and even
> tried to set them using VBA.
> However if I do this I find some controls actually disappear!  To
> correct this I have to use Auto Order.
>
> Apart from this the app is working nicely but little things like are
> a bit of a pain and the first thing that most people will complain
> about...
>
> Has anyone encountered this and come up with a solution?

A reply to my own post from some time ago, since I have just solved this
one.  If anyone encounters this the problem is with the frame controls.  You
simply don't need them in this kind of scenario.  A simple box drawn around
groups of controls serves the same cosmetic purpose and all of a sudden it
was very easy to re-order the tab index of all controls.  I hope I am
correct in saying that the frame control should only be used in conjunction
with option button groups.

0
deanma66999 (136)

Re: <Another Pluh>Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K
From: "PeteVickers" <pete@GUI-INNOVATIONS.COM> > Hi, > forgive the 2nd plug, but we have just uploaded the NewsWire review to the > web site, or use the direct link > http://www.gui-innovations.com/NewsWire0209.pdf > "Paul H. Christidis" <phchristidis@raytheon.com> wrote in message > > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract, > > and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL > > server or an ORACLE database on a different host? <plug> MPE/iX Enterpr...

I make Database in Ms Access at order
I make Database in Ms Access at order I good read but week speech and understand speech, If You want take me order please exactly describe working of database stachu from Poland mail: stachuf11@wp.pl phone 048 0505120881 Stachu, A database is an electronic means to store data. Things get much more interesting and complicated from there. I don't speak or write Polish and your English isn't very good. But try being more specific about what your database is for and I'll try to be more helpful. "stachu" <onet_stachuf1@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:63f10725.0406230604.5e7b97ab@posting.google.com... > I make Database in Ms Access at order > I good read but week speech and understand speech, If You want take me > order please exactly describe working of database > stachu from Poland > > > mail: stachuf11@wp.pl > phone 048 0505120881 I make Database in Ms Access at order I good read but week speaking and understand speaking in English , If You want take me order please exactly describe working of database stachu mail: stachuf11@wp.pl phone 048 0505120881 "Alan Webb" <knogeek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<NZjCc.583$Kk3.22726@news.uswest.net>... I don't speak or write Polish and > your English isn't very good. Anybody seen Fletcher recently? He might be able to explain it. "Alan Webb" <knogeek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:NZjCc.583$Kk3....

RE-Indexing a MS Access database
All I have a database that I am taking over the maintenance of - the primary index in this relational database is a field JP_ID which was defined as an AUTO NUMBER type field.........now the problem is that there are huge gaps in the JP_ID field and the number has even gon negative (e.g. -144456766678) There are subordinate tables that use the JP_ID....... QUESTION: Is there a way to re-index the primary table and then send those new indexes down to the subordinate table??? Is there a package or script?? Thanks!! rabb...@anderson4.k12.sc.us wrote: > All > > I have a database that I am taking over the maintenance of - the > primary index in this relational database is a field JP_ID which was > defined as an AUTO NUMBER type field.........now the problem is that > there are huge gaps in the JP_ID field and the number has even gon > negative (e.g. -144456766678) > > There are subordinate tables that use the JP_ID....... > > QUESTION: Is there a way to re-index the primary table and then send > those new indexes down to the subordinate table??? Is there a package > or script?? A skillful and knowledgeable Access developer could write code for this in an hour or so, given a throrough knowledge of the schema, but the code's procedures are likely to destroy the integrity of the data if they are not implemented carefully by someone who would not have to ask the question. I would not be confident enough of my communicating ability...

I can make databases in Ms Access on order
I can make databases in Ms Access on order my phone number 048 505120881 mail: stachuf11@wp.pl "stachu" spammer@deleted.not wrote > I can make databases in Ms Access on order Please review the FAQ and charter at http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm. Advertising and employment solicitation are prohibited in USENET newsgroups unless the group's charter specifically permits it. The charter of comp.databases.ms-access does not specifically permit advertising. Larry Linson wrote: > "stachu" spammer@deleted.not wrote > > > I can make databases in Ms Access on order > > Please review the FAQ and charter at > http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm. Advertising and employment > solicitation are prohibited in USENET newsgroups unless the group's charter > specifically permits it. The charter of comp.databases.ms-access does not > specifically permit advertising. > > > Actually Larry, I thinkl he needs to look at a marketing FAQ, the ad was hardly awe inspiring :-) -- Error reading sig - A)bort R)etry I)nfluence with large hammer On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 08:33:08 +0100, Trevor Best <nospam@localhost> wrote: >Larry Linson wrote: > >> "stachu" spammer@deleted.not wrote >> >> > I can make databases in Ms Access on order >> >> Please review the FAQ and charter at >> http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm. Advertising and employment &...

Re: Libname method to create MS ACCESS database?
Ya, I don't know of a direct way to get around the problem. A kind of indirect way is to simply create an empty ms access file (say, called empty.mdb), in access, and then copy it whenever you want to create a new access file. e.g., x "copy g:\xxx\empty.mdb g:\xxx\xx.mdb"; libname xx access "g:\xxx\xx.mdb"; data xx.junk; set sashelp.class; run; HTH, Art -------- On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 19:15:58 -0500, Ya Huang <ya.huang@AMYLIN.COM> wrote: >Hi there, > >OK, I know that I can added tables into an exsiting MS ACCESS database: > >libname xx access "g:\xxx\xx.mdb"; > >data xx.junk; > set sashelp.class; >run; > >Where xx.mdb already there. > >What about if there is no database file yet, can I create a database >using libname method? > >I tried the following but failed: > >libname xx access "g:\xxx\yy.mdb"; > >data xx.junk; > set sashelp.class; >run; > >ERROR: Connect: Could not find file 'g:\xxx\yy.mdb'. >ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement. > >Thanks > >Ya ...

Re: help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions
Without having enough time to analyze excatly, what are your needs: if there are no important reasons why the data must be keept in MS Access: why you don't keep it all in SAS? If you are analyzing in SAS, there is no real reason to have any other DB to hold the data. For users you have many possibilities to give them comfortable possibilities to enter data, in or outside SAS. In SAS, the most easy idea is to use SAS/FSP. But that is not necessary. You can use nearly any tool for data entry and bring the (standard formatted) data into SAS. To get a consultant for realizing a proper solution might be a good idea. It sometime is not easy trying to learn to program in SAS by developing a productive solution, because it might be not easy to get it in time with all the obstacles, there might be in your way. If you have time (and money) enough, you should take the chance to learn how to do some steps further in SAS programming together with a good consultant. On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:26:59 -0500, Rob Cheshire <rob.cheshire@NOAA.GOV> wrote: >Hi to all, > I need some help deciding on the best database system for our >specific application. >OPTIONAL INFO: We currently have 2 separate projects that need to be >updated from dos-based dBase. I'll only describe one of these but the >other is comparable in size. The project currently has about 32 >files. The 2 largest are about 30,000 records and 5 columns include >data from the last 30 yea...

Re: Mainframe SAS to PC located MS ACCESS database
As is so common in this language, the answer is 'it depends on what you're trying to do'. You can establish an odbc connection from a host job to your SQL Server db (fairly sure it can do Access, too), but 1) your login info is exposed in open code (and while you can do some things to hide it, it's still out there (it's not encrypted)), and 2) if you're transmitting large volumes of data, odbc is not very efficient. If you're only going after a few rows of data, and you don't mind a potential exposure of your credentials, then go the odbc route (this also assumes that you don't have to jump through too many hoops to connect to a PC/server--some shops have restricted access to only machines on the network that they have control over--in which case you either need to move your data onto one of those machines, or have your machine put on the mapped/approved list). If you want to move large volumes, or run a complex join/stored procedure on the server side (or can't easily gain access to your server from the host), then you might do a push up to the host instead of a pull. Create an export file that can be ftp'd, and then go fetch it with your MVS batch job. If you give us a few more details, maybe we can give you a more precise answer. CH On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 15:36:11 -0500, Davis Kriss P <kpdavis@ILSTU.EDU> wrote: >Dear SAS-L members, > >Is there a "SAS" or "other" set of products that would a...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want to throw away your C++ and use Microsoft Access for the job? If you want to keep C++, you can ask for C++ code in another newsgroup, because we'd just be guessing. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Re: TAB to navigate in tab order
Bob Davis wrote: >In my case where I didnt have a message pump I put the following in the >app implementation and it fixed it: > >BEGIN_EVENT_TABLE(MyApp, wxApp) > EVT_CHAR(MyApp::OnChar) >END_EVENT_TABLE() > >void MyApp::OnChar(wxKeyEvent& event) >{ > if ( event.GetKeyCode() == WXK_TAB) { > wxNavigationKeyEvent eventNav; > eventNav.SetDirection(!event.ShiftDown()); > eventNav.SetWindowChange(event.ControlDown()); > eventNav.SetEventObject(event.GetEventObje...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #6
On July 9, 2003 11:23 am, Duane Percox wrote: > * Performance was not that great so you wouldn't want to use this > for production, but proof of concept and for learning it is ok. Do you have any performance numbers for it all on Linux? Pete * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions #2
You're describing my project with the Department of Education! We had a dbase database and used a Clipper application to massage it into 'presentable' form. And I thought I was on the bleeding edge (back edge, that is) 8 years ago. As with everything, it depends on what your main purpose is. In my case, it was to disseminate the information to as many people as possible in a format that could be read by/into as many applications as possible. So, we converted our data to flat files and supplied an 'application' that generated sas code that would read the flat files into a sas dataset (complete with formats and labels), so the researcher could write their own code to run against the sas dataset. It sounds like your project isn't quite as ambitious, but the reason I include this example is that it's hard to predict what form data will take, say, 5 years from now. I'll bet you've already run into difficulties in using Clipper, and you'd like to avoid these kind of problems the next time you update/analyze your data. Sas has had some changes in going from one version to another--generally, upgrading to the next version involves updating your dataset to the next version's format. So, if you're purpose is to archive your data for the next iteration of your survey, unless you're going to be active in the data, sas might not be the best choice for data storage. Somewhat more stable would be something like SQL server (cheap, ...

Re: help SAS/MS ACCESS, general database questions #3
Rob: MS Access imports data easily from dBase (*.dbf) files. I see no advantage in moving to SAS for that feature, especially if you would prefer to use the basic DE form controls in MS Access to develop what should be a simple DE capability. Although ODBC transfers of data from MS Access (*.mdb) databases has some pitfalls, as does OLEdb or other middleware (in particular, conversions of integers to floating point numbers, date/time values, and nulls/missings), a bit of Q/C will help you iron out the wrinkles and set up a reliable connection. It often helps as well to separate a data collection operation from a data analysis group. Even on a small scale, periodic publishing of analytic datasets usually works better than giving researchers continuous access to primary data files. Continuous access makes it more difficult to check estimates for consistency and to replicate earlier results. A separate database for data collection operations also makes it easier to implement a sound database design for operations. Data analysts prefer to restructure data to fit analytic procedures, and have little appreciation of data integrity constraints and data validation. Fortunately you do not have to choose between MS Access (or another DBMS) and SAS. SAS has particular value on the analytic side of your project(s). Access to a data source with a good relational database design guarantees that a SAS programmer can restructure data quickly and accurately into the structures that analysts ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
In a message dated 7/8/03 5:23:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pete@bookware3000.ca writes: > It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol > program > accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the > C > libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. > I for one would absolutely love to see an example of that! Sometime soon (?) I hope to be able to finally spend some time working with PostgreSQL on MPE and/or Linux. Having a known working example of how to access it via COBOL is a great ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
Paul, if nothing else helps, you could use Java and JDBC with the JDBC driver of the respective target database. A small example showing access to an Image/SQL database can be found on the following web page (and can be adjusted to use an MSSQL or Oracle JDBC driver and database URL/logon fairly easily)... http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/JavaDemo/ -> JdbcProgram Calling Java from COBOL as a subprogram, however, is probably not the way that I would go, if exploring this road. I would probably let a program similar to the above run as a "gateway" in a sep...

Re: TAB to navigate in tab order #2
Hi, I got to the source of the problems: my wxNotebook was placed directly on a wxFrame. So folks, never do this, or you'll get focus switch disorders. Instead, whenever you make a wxFrame, place a wxPanel firstly on it, then place whatever else you might need (a wxNotebook in my case). Cheers, Cristina. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwindows.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwindows.or...

RE: How can I access data from MS Access?
Peter, I sadly admit that I was wrong. "Doesn't seem to work" is effectivly even more useless than "doesn't work". I give up. Years ago we used to get our FORTRAN card decks back from the DP center with a piece of scrap paper saysing "She No Work". top that. On 5 Feb, 19:40, "Sells, Fred" <f...@adventistcare.org> wrote: > Years ago we used to get our FORTRAN card decks back from the DP center > with a piece of scrap paper saysing "She No Work". top that. I used to use a cross-compiler (targetting some obscure single-c...

Re: How to add records with 'Autonumber' property to a MS Access database using LabVIEW?
I applied the same approach as you guys have described, however my problem starts before I get to autonumber. I have an issue feeding column (data) from "DB tool list column VI" to "DB Tools insert data VI" .So when&nbsp; I connect&nbsp; column output of "DB tool list vi" to column input of "Insert data Vi " I get an error message "exception occurred in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers, [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement.." However, when I don?t connect column between those two v...

Re: How to add records with 'Autonumber' property to a MS Access database using LabVIEW? #2
Hi Alex77, can you please post your vi? so that it will be easier to understand your problem. Any of the field has autogenerated values??? ...

Re: RE: wxODBC, MS Access, Unicode mode
> > does wxODBC currently support MS Access file access with > > wxWindows compiled in Unicode mode? The database is on the > > same machine as the wxWindows app (which is probably relevant). > > > > Some other folks have checked in changes to support unicode > and wxODBC, but I personally have not tested it. OK, but in ANSI mode it is supposed to work, even in the 2_4 tree, right? Robert --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To un...

Web resources about - Re: a2k - controlling tab order of controls - comp.databases.ms-access

Talk:Controlling for a variable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of the WikiProject Statistics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of statistics on Wikipedia. If ...

Controlling What You Share on Timeline - Facebook
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Controlling What You Share on Timeline geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen. ...

Balloon Snake - Pop Balloons by Controlling a Bird with the Accelerometer or by Touching on the App Store ...
Get Balloon Snake - Pop Balloons by Controlling a Bird with the Accelerometer or by Touching on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and ...

Controlling a Computer with Eyes - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Some folks know I work with assistive technology, and this shot is one from many I took in the last few days at a conference in Phoenix. This ...

Controlling Doepfer modular synth with a Wiimote - YouTube
This video is about controlling a modular synth with Nintendo's wiimote gamepad, using Doepfer A-100, Doepfer MCV24, Wiimote and computer. Softwares ...

Senator Dastyari slams companies 'controlling' politics
Watch Labor senator Sam Dastyari's firebrand speech he made to a Politics in the Pub audience.

CONTROLLING CHAOS: Twitter's Wild Ride From Doodle To IPO
CONTROLLING CHAOS: Twitter's Wild Ride From Doodle To IPO Business Insider Australia “We apologise if the following profile lacks our usual ...

View from the Street: Power to the people controlling the power!
Your news of the day, reduced to a snarky rant.

Dying to be clean: The new technique for controlling feral cats
Cleanliness may be next to godliness unless you're a feral cat, in which case, cleanliness may get you a place next to god. In kitty heaven, ...

Fears Of Telstra controlling NBN - Nextgen - AAPT - Optus - HarbourIT - Budde
The NBN was supposed to create a level playing field, but there are fears that Telstra could still exert bottleneck control over access to customers, ...