Remove Carriage Return in Access Exported Text File

Hi All -

I have some data that I export from Access to a pipe-delimited text
file.  Unfortunately, the text file always has a carriage return symbol
at the end.  I need to export this file frequently and send to a system
that cannot accept this character at the end of the file.  I am looking
for a way, perhaps with VB code, to automate this process.

I found this code on another Google Group, but I can't get it to work.

Any advice appreciated.   :O)

Here is that code:

Function RemoveCarriageReturn_UMG()

 Set NewFile = fso.CreateTextFile("C:\hello.txt")
 Set file = fso.OpenTextFile("C:\return.txt")
 Do While Not file.AtEndOfStream
  CLine = file.ReadLine
  CLine = Replace(CLine, vbCrLf, "")
  NewFile.Write CLine
 Loop

 file.Close
 NewFile.Close
 Set NewFile = Nothing
 Set file = Nothing

Set fso = Nothing

End Function

You need to search for chr(10) and chr(13) and replace them

"Ellen" <ellenchriston@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All -
>
> I have some data that I export from Access to a pipe-delimited text
> file.  Unfortunately, the text file always has a carriage return symbol
> at the end.  I need to export this file frequently and send to a system
> that cannot accept this character at the end of the file.  I am looking
> for a way, perhaps with VB code, to automate this process.
>
> I found this code on another Google Group, but I can't get it to work.
>

> Any advice appreciated.   :O)
>
> Here is that code:
>
> Function RemoveCarriageReturn_UMG()
>

> Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
>  Set NewFile = fso.CreateTextFile("C:\hello.txt")
>  Set file = fso.OpenTextFile("C:\return.txt")
>  Do While Not file.AtEndOfStream
>   CLine = file.ReadLine
>   CLine = Replace(CLine, vbCrLf, "")
>   NewFile.Write CLine
>  Loop
>
>  file.Close
>  NewFile.Close
>  Set NewFile = Nothing
>  Set file = Nothing
>

> Set fso = Nothing
>

> End Function

0
nospam95 (980)
1/16/2007 11:27:50 AM
Thanks Paradigm...  I have just figured that out...  (I'm not a
programmer, can you tell?)

Anyhow, I'm trying to use this in Access, but when I try to name it as
a Function it won't work...

Sorry to bother again... Any clue?

Dim fso, inputFile, outputFile
Dim str As String

fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

'1 means for reading

inputFile = fso.OpenTextFile("c:\return.txt", 1)

str = inputFile.ReadAll

'modify this string, replace required characters

str = Replace(str, "Char(10)", "")

'write back

outputFile = fso.CreateTextFile("c:\bleh.txt", True)

outputFile.Write (str)
Paradigm wrote:
> You need to search for chr(10) and chr(13) and replace them
>
> "Ellen" <ellenchriston@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All -
> >
> > I have some data that I export from Access to a pipe-delimited text
> > file.  Unfortunately, the text file always has a carriage return symbol
> > at the end.  I need to export this file frequently and send to a system
> > that cannot accept this character at the end of the file.  I am looking
> > for a way, perhaps with VB code, to automate this process.
> >
> > I found this code on another Google Group, but I can't get it to work.
> >

> > Any advice appreciated.   :O)
> >
> > Here is that code:
> >
> > Function RemoveCarriageReturn_UMG()
> >

> > Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> >  Set NewFile = fso.CreateTextFile("C:\hello.txt")
> >  Set file = fso.OpenTextFile("C:\return.txt")
> >  Do While Not file.AtEndOfStream
> >   CLine = file.ReadLine
> >   CLine = Replace(CLine, vbCrLf, "")
> >   NewFile.Write CLine
> >  Loop
> >
> >  file.Close
> >  NewFile.Close
> >  Set NewFile = Nothing
> >  Set file = Nothing
> >

> > Set fso = Nothing
> >

> > End Function

Old ms-access file, showing wrong text in access xp
Dear sirs: I've one old .mdb file ( since 97). now when I open it, it converts most of text to strange unicode characters. can I stop this conversion and ask access to just show original non-unicode characters? Thanks Bijan ...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Export All MS Access Queries into External Text Files
Does anyone know of a utility or a method (VBA or otherwise) to be able to export ALL 100+ MS Access Queries from an Access Table into individual text files perhaps ending with .sql so they can be parsed and converted by my program into SQL Server sProcs? I need a Mass Exporter not a one at a time manual equivalent. Please reply directly to: jfbevilaqua@gmail.com Thanks. jfbevilaqua@gmail.com wrote: > Does anyone know of a utility or a method (VBA or otherwise) > to be able to export ALL 100+ MS Access Queries from an Access > Table into individual text files perhaps ending with ...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want ...

Wrapping Text
I'm trying to export an Access table to a pipe-delimited text file (with no text qualifier) and it keeps wrapping the text for one of the tables. None of the fields are particularly long, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. Any ideas how I can stop it from wrapping the text in the text file? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200803/1 Leviathan wrote: >I'm trying to export an Access table to a pipe-delimited text file (with no >text qualifier) and it keeps wrapping the text for one of the tables. None of >the fields are particularly long, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. Any >ideas how I can stop it from wrapping the text in the text file? Nevermind, figured it out. Looks like there was a carriage return in defining one of the cells in the query. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200803/1 ...

Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010
How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010 file format? According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print options only. How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display? My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click for more details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before and after I click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print options available. Thank you for your help, jfcby jfcby <jamesfc30@gmail.com> wrote in news:f4dc9993-afa3-4fed-8180-22786eaa7f83@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.co m: > How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access > 2010 file format? > > According to Microsoft > (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ > convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? > queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is > possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the > print options only. > > How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to > display? ...

Access
Hi, I am looking to create a command. When clicking on a button I would like to: 1) Run a update query 2) Create a new file that is query information is exported to 3) Then automactially open this file once it is created I have been able to call an update qry that exports to a specific file (below is the code). Hoe can I have it create a new file in this directory each time to button is clicked and automatcially open the file? Private Sub Command0_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command0_Click Dim strExpFilePath As String strExpFilePath = "c:\testdata.txt" DoCmd.TransferText acExportFixed, "TestData Export Specification", "qryShowNewStatus", strExpFilePath, True Exit_Command0_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command0_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command0_Click Thank you for your time and thoughts!!!!!! bcap wrote: > Hi, > > I am looking to create a command. When clicking on a button I would > like to: > > 1) Run a update query > 2) Create a new file that is query information is exported to > 3) Then automactially open this file once it is created > > I have been able to call an update qry that exports to a specific file > (below is the code). Hoe can I have it create a new file in this > directory each time to button is clicked and automatcially open the > file? > > Private Sub Command0_Click() > On Error GoTo Err_Command0_Click > > Dim strExpFilePath As String > > str...

Accessing Access

export database from MYSQL to Ms Access
Hi, I want to export database from MYSQL to Ms Access. Can anybody suggest me a way to do that. thank you, amar On Feb 16, 2:39 pm, contact.amaren...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I want to export database from MYSQL to Ms Access. Can anybody > suggest me a way to do that. > > thank you, > amar Install the MySQL ODBC driver: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/ Create a system DSN for the MySQL database. Create a new Access database, then do File > Get External Data > Import... In the Import dialog click the "Files of type" drop-down and choose "ODBC Databases ()". In the "Select Data Source" dialog click the "Machine Data Source" , select the DSN you created, and click "OK". Select all of the tables and import them. ...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Web resources about - Remove Carriage Return in Access Exported Text File - comp.databases.ms-access

Carriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A carriage is a wheeled vehicle for people, usually horse-drawn; litters (palanquins) and sedan chairs are excluded, since they are wheelless ...

Carriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A carriage is a wheeled vehicle for people, usually horse-drawn; litters (palanquins) and sedan chairs are excluded, since they are wheelless ...

Train Chartering - private First Class carriage from London - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Train Chartering organises private carriages on scheduled train services throughout Europe, inclduing the UK. This is a First Class carriage ...

Self proclaimed "Dickhead" Horse Drawn Carriage Operator uses carriage as a weapon on cyclist - YouTube ...
Melbourne, 2:30pm, Saturday 6th December 2014. A horse drawn carriage operator becomes very rude and aggressive after I politely ask him to not ...

Cyclist films heated clash with horse-drawn carriage driver in CBD
A cyclist has recorded his run-in with a horse-drawn carriage operator on a busy Melbourne road.

Tram system jammed as old carriages fall apart
Melbourne needs 110 more new bumper-sized trams by 2020 to avoid chronic overcrowding as the city population soars and to compensate for the ...

Sydney Metro Northwest: Transport minister unveils life-size model of Metropolis carriage - DailyTelegraph ...
THIS is the first glimpse of Sydney’s new single-deck driverless trains that are set to run on the city’s new Metro network from 2019.

Catwalk in carriages: Fashion launch on Perth train
IT’S not a typical runway where you’d expect to find the latest fashions.

Catwalk in carriages: Fashion launch on Perth train - PerthNow Search Search
IT’S not a typical runway where you’d expect to find the latest fashions.

Swiss train carriage plunges into ravine
A landslide has derailed a passenger train in Switzerland sending one carriage plunging into a ravine.