101           B
101           C
102           A
102           E
103           C
104           A
104           E
104           C

You may see that a delivery can have multiple products. I will like to
reorganize the table to look like this:

Delivery     Product1  Product2         Product3
101           A             B               C
102           A             E               -
103           C             -               -
104           A             E               C

So that there is only one line of record  for each delivery. I will
greatly appreciate if someone can show me a way (query, etc) to
organize the table into this form. Please not each delivey may have a
different number of products.

Thanks.

Seth wrote:

> You may see that a delivery can have multiple products. I will like to
> reorganize the table to look like this:
>
> Delivery     Product1  Product2         Product3
> 101           A             B               C
> 102           A             E               -
> 103           C             -               -
> 104           A             E               C
>
> So that there is only one line of record  for each delivery. I will
> greatly appreciate if someone can show me a way (query, etc) to
> organize the table into this form. Please not each delivey may have a
> different number of products.

Seth, you do NOT ever want to make your table this way.  If you do,
forget Access and any other database application forever and use Excel
for the rest of your life.

Now, on the other hand, if you wish to display data in a format you
mention above, you will need to look into making a crosstab query.  Look
up help on this topic and see if that will satisfy your needs.
--
Tim    http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
^o<

With the design you have you may associate any number of Products with
any Delivery independently of (unneeded) fields Product1, Product2 etc.
With your proposed design you will be limited by the number of these
fields that you decide to create; worse still you will not be able to
summarize and organize your data.

What you are suggesting is not consistent with good db design,
normalization, efficiency, effectiveness or even Santa Claus.

You have good design. Be Happy! Stick with it.

0
lylefairfield (1852)
11/28/2005 4:06:47 PM
Thank you Tim for the quick response. Yes, I won't change the original
table. What I need is to create a query that will display the data in
the second format. I will check crosstab query if that helps. Thanks
again.

Thanks Lyle,
Thank you for the quick response. I won't change the original table.
What I meant was to create a query that will display the data in the
second format. I will appreciate any suggestion on that. Thanks again.

Seth wrote:

> I will check crosstab query if that helps. Thanks
> again.

Write back if you need any clarification on cross-tabs.  I don't use
them very often, but many others here on cdma will be able to help you.

--
Tim    http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
^o<
/#) "Burp-beep, burp-beep, burp-beep?" - Quaker Jake
/^^ "Whatcha doin?" - Ditto  "TIM-MAY!!" - Me
0
Tim
11/28/2005 4:56:55 PM
I have tried the crosstab; it doesn't give me exactly what I want - it
lists all the products for column headings (about 760) in this case. So
I will have more than 780 column headings. I need a way to update a new
table so that it looks like the 2nd table shown above: the column
headings are already there, so the query grabs the the products for a
delivery and puts them under a column heading (doesn't matter under
which field as far as it is associatedwith the appropriate delivery).
Thanks for your help guys.

"Seth" <seth.oseifosu@gmail.com> wrote in

> I have tried the crosstab; it doesn't give me exactly what I
> want - it lists all the products for column headings (about
> 760) in this case. So I will have more than 780 column
> headings. I need a way to update a new table so that it looks
> like the 2nd table shown above: the column headings are
> already there, so the query grabs the the products for a
> delivery and puts them under a column heading (doesn't matter
> under which field as far as it is associatedwith the
> appropriate delivery). Thanks for your help guys.

Find the Fconcatfld() function at http://www.mvps.org/access/
http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0008.htm

may do exactly what you want, or at least give pointers on how to
roll your own function.

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.
0
rquintal7643 (498)

Accessing Oracle Tables from MS Access
How difficult is this? I'm having a tough time getting a simple select to work. I am using MS Access 2002 and Windows XP. What do I have to do to make a simple select statement like this work: select id from emp I have stumbled upon many websites although none straight to the point. Any help in how to get this done, or pointing me in the right direction of a book or website, would be greatly appreciated! berj Yes, I do have the table links working. But I did want to run the select for such things as grabbing the next number off of a sequence. As in: select test.nextval fro...

MS Access VBA making multiple tables in database from a main table.
I have a database table called "tbl_personal" and struggling to VBA program a bit of code to create multiple tables in a database from the main "tbl_personal" table. In this case the 'color' column is the field I would like to look at. 1. Identify the number of unique records in column 'color' 2. For each color record that is label as red in the "tbl_personal" table, create a table called 'red' and populate with all red records in from the "tbl_personal" table. 3.Then move onto the next unique color and repeat the whole process again. 4. When all unique color tables are created in MS Access database end with a msg "batch process done" name surname age color country aa aaa 1 red UK bb bbb 10 green USA cc ccc 20 blue China dd ddd 30 red Germany ee eee 40 green France ff fff 1 blue Italy gg ggg 20 red Spain hh hhh 40 yellow Canada ii iii 34 black Italy =85 Is this doable automatically in MS Access? Many thanks. brenda Are you sure you want to do this? I would expect 3 tables vis: Table of Personel with PersonelID, Suname, FirstName, ColourID, CountryID & DateOfBirth (Age will be out of date next birthday and should be calculated), Table of Colours ColourID & Colour Table of Countries CountryID & Country. You can then use simple queries to return all the red people or people who live in UK. Am I missing something? Phil <bbcdancer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:495c4ca6...

How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
Dear all, I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know when they were created and/or modified. The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, but I have not managed to read it from SAS. (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. Regards Dietrich -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

Re: How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
The answer is given here: Problem Note 7495: No read permission on System Tables when using SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC with a Microsoft Access ODBC Driver http://support.sas.com/kb/7/495.html Regards Dietrich Dietrich Alte schrieb: > Dear all, > > I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know > when they were created and/or modified. > The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, > but I have not managed to read it from SAS. > (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) > --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? > I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. > > Regards > > Dietrich > -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name
i am not sure if SAS will support long file name if you use libname. a workaround is to use passthrough. On Jan 16, 2008 12:31 PM, JKamgang@Yahoo.com <JBKamgang@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > > > Happy New Year , > > > > Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS > Access > table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 > databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I > don't want to rename manually the table names. > > > > Please find the program below. > > > > Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, > > > > Jean Baptiste > > > > The program: > > - - - > > > > options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; > > libname DBsource access 'S:\Data > Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 > Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; > > /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > > > data* pedResultadd ; > > set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = > > testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text > > ); > * > > run*; > > - - - The log - - > > 1636 > > 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > 1638 > > 1639 data pedResultadd ; > > 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #2
Hi Jean, It looks like your problem is that you've got a quote in a table name: Additional'n=20 If it is possible to rename that table, that might work. =20 Also, if you use the import feature in SAS, it will write code for you = that you can save and put in a program- you might try that to see if it = can handle this kind of file name. I'd rename the table in Access, = though- a quote in a table name is likely to contiously cause you = problems. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: JKamgang@Yahoo.com=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:31 AM Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name = which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=3DANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTest...

How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters?
Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text ); * run*; - - - The log - - 1636 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ 1638 1639 data pedResultadd ; 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = --------------------------------------------- 211 ERROR 211-185: Invalid data set name. 1641 1642 testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text 1643 ); Jean Baptiste, --- Jean Baptiste KAMGANG, Lead Data Manager - CDC Cameroon US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Mutengene, SouthWest Province Cameroon, Africa E mail: JBKamgang@cm.cdc.gov. Tel: + 237 3 335 1690 Fax: + 237 3 335 1692 Cell: + 237 9 984 79 14 --- .. Ca...

Web resources about - Reorganize MS Access Table - comp.databases.ms-access

Storage and Organizational Products for Home and Office - Reorganize
Starting a brand new small business or home based business can be a real buzz. Before you jump in however, it pays to make sure you are adequately ...

Facebook reorganizes Power Editor ad creation flow
Facebook recently rolled out an update to its Power Editor ad platform that offers advertisers a somewhat different flow for creating their ads. ...

Competition pushes Metro to reorganize Ontario stores
The Montreal-based company says it will convert some of its Metro stores to the Food Basics discount banner in Ontario.

Spring Cleaning Tips: How To Reorganize Your Kitchen Right Now
Spring is a great time to let go of the extra baggage we’ve been carrying all winter, cleansing our homes and our bodies. If you're feeling like ...

iOS 6 Apple TV beta 2 lets you reorganize icons with wiggle mode
... an update to Apple TV beta 2. One new feature of the Apple TV update spotted by MacMagazine.com.br ( via MacRumors ) is the ability to reorganize ...

TBWA Reorganizes to Be a 'Less Traditional Model'
Omnicom's TBWA Worldwide is undergoing a large global reorganization, a major move to be a "less traditional model" by CEO Troy Ruhanen, who's ...

IPG Reorganizes Trading Desk Operations as Company Tries Automation
Is it time to blow up the agency trading desk model? Maybe not. But changes are afoot as the industry grapples with the long-term prospects of ...

Facebook Reorganizes Around Key Products to Be More Nimble - Liz Gannes - Social - AllThingsD
Facebook has done a major corporate reorganization in an effort to be more nimble.

Google Reorganizes Into Alphabet: Sundar Pichai is CEO of Google
... and software like Android, Maps, and Gmail will remain under the Google brand. Organizationally, Larry Page will remain CEO of this reorganized ...

HTC reorganizes U.S. division, establishes new 'emerging devices' unit
Jason Mackenzie also back in charge of HTC America in latest executive shuffle