Replicated Application MS Access database - how to undo

A client has a split database. However, the frontend is replicated.
Since both frontend databases(replicated + DM)are both on same network
drive, we would like to remove the replication of the front end. Can we
just delete one of them and point the shortcut to open the other?

bopamax (1)

Eric L <bopamax@yahoo.com> wrote in

> A client has a split database. However, the frontend is
> replicated. Since both frontend databases(replicated + DM)are both
> on same network drive, we would like to remove the replication of
> the front end. Can we just delete one of them and point the
> shortcut to open the other?

See question 10 here:

  http://dfenton.com/DFA/Replication/index.php?title=FAQ

XXXusenet (2387)
9/24/2008 10:39:15 PM
Eric L <bopamax@yahoo.com> wrote in

> A client has a split database. However, the frontend is
> replicated. Since both frontend databases(replicated + DM)are both
> on same network drive, we would like to remove the replication of
> the front end. Can we just delete one of them and point the
> shortcut to open the other?

BTW, front ends should never ever be replicated in the first place
because Jet Replication works reliably in the long run only with
pure Jet objects (tables and queries). Replicating front ends
(forms/reports/macros/modules) eventually leads to odd behavior and
corruption, and can even result in the loss of the entire VBA
project.

XXXusenet (2387)

MS Access Database Replication from VB
Hello, Have any of you ever controlled MS Access Replication from a VB application? I have a VB6 application where I have to send copies of the underlying MS Access 2000 database in remote areas (no LAN or Internet connections), then get the databases back and synchronize them. Any suggestions, articles, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Bie I have done code in Access which replicates six copies of a database together as an automated process. The same method calls can be run in VB as well. (It is Access 97, but I don't think that makes a difference, s long as the versions of ADO, Jet, etc. are all compatible). In VB, you need to set a reference to the "Microsoft Jet and Replication Objects". You will also need the ADODB library. Then you declare a Replica object, set its ActiveConnection property, and call its Synchronize method. I am leaving out the details, of course, but you can track those down in the usual ways. It made sense in my case to do it in Access, in a file that acts like a hub, with all the other replicas as spokes. This is a fairly standard way of arranging replicated databases. You you will need to go around the circle of replicas twice, to be sure all the changes have a chance to get to all the other replicas. When you synchronize in code, you can go around once in ImportChanges mode, then go around again in ExportChanges mode, to cut down on the replication time a little. This was useful doing it over a LAN; in your case, it might ...

MS Access Database Replication from VB
Hello, Have any of you ever controlled MS Access Replication from a VB application? I have a VB6 application where I have to send copies of the underlying MS Access 2000 database in remote areas (no LAN or Internet connections), then get the databases back and synchronize them. Any suggestions, articles, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Bie ...

Error Writing to MS Access Database with Replication
Greetings, I have a Microsoft Access database that is replicated accross several computers using the built-in Access replication technology. Access replication supports automatically synchronizing updates that have been applied separately to each copy of the database. When replication is enabled in MS Access, a number of "system" columns are added to every table in the database in order to facilitate the synchronization database. Note that these columns are not visible by default within MS Access. I would like to insert new rows into one of the tables in this database using PROC SQL. The statements that I am using to perform this function worked fine before replication was enabled on the database. After replication was enabled, I now receive an error which indicates that SAS is attempting to modify the contents of the replication system columns. SAS should NOT be doing this, as the contents of these columns are automatically maintained by MS Access, and are protected against modification by external applications. The code that I am using, and the error message that I receive are provided below. Can anyone advise of a simple solution to this problem? Perhaps some other option to the libname statement or connect string that I have overlooked...? Thanks, s/KAM 508 %let MJFile=\\Speedy\D\Program Files\MJ Systems \LogSleuth2\Database\LogSleuth.mdb; <snip> 525 libname MJ ODBC noprompt="uid=admin;pwd=&MJPW;dsn=MS Access Database;DBQ=&MJ...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

Please, recommend me an application to read (only) Ms-Access databases.
Dear friends: Please, recommend me a Mac application to read (only) Ms-Access databases. Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! In article <037m241jvlm60fde84o0ebacfijpda8k22@4ax.com>, Juan I. Cahis <jiclbchSINBASURA@attglobal.net> wrote: > Dear friends: > > Please, recommend me a Mac application to read (only) Ms-Access > databases. <http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=read+access+data base+macintosh&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8> -- Woodworking ...

to connect the MS Access database
how can i call the report that i need in MS Acces database, from matlab??? ...

Web resources about - Replicated Application MS Access database - how to undo - comp.databases.ms-access

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Google now accepting applications for open source Summer of Code 2016
... of selection. Our Student Manual provides lots of helpful advice to get you started on choosing an organization and crafting a great application". ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Purchase Apps Up, Refinance Apps Down in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 0.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

PDF: Application essays by CPD superintendent finalists
C2E2, meet Kristin Cavallari and 20+ other things to do this weekend Breaking News News Local news Breaking News PDF: Application essays by CPD ...

Mortgage applications drop 3.3%
Higher interest rates pushed mortgage refinancing activity down further, and home buying isn't picking up the slack.

IDG Contributor Network: GoDaddy goes cloud, and throws in applications for good measure
GoDaddy is a funny beast. On the one hand the hosting business is huge, boasting 14 million customers worldwide and managing over 60 million ...

Want To Fly A Passenger Jet? JetBlue Is Now Taking Applications From Novice Pilots
Tired of the daily grind, and yearning to spend your work hours among the clouds, using a public address system to tell people to sit back, relax, ...