Reserved Error (-1517): There is no message for this error.

I have been getting this error on some of the frontends when
attempting to create new records.  I haven't been able to find a list
of errors to even begin my troubleshooting.  Can someone help?  Rosy

We are running Windows 2000 Server and Win 2000 on the terminals.
Access 2000.
0
krmoss (43)

krmoss@portlite.com (Karen) wrote:

>I have been getting this error on some of the frontends when
>attempting to create new records.  I haven't been able to find a list
>of errors to even begin my troubleshooting.  Can someone help?

I've noticed this problem several times when I've added a foreign key to a table in
the backend which was inserted into the middle of a table. Everything would work fine
for days or weeks until the backend was compacted. Then the FE would puke with the
-1517 error whenever that particular table was accessed.  But deleting the link and
recreating the link or compacting the FE made it work again.

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/reservederror1517.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

MS Access 2.0 "reserved error -1302 There is no message for this error"
Hi, Folks! I am trying to resurrect a copy of MS Access 2.0 (MS Office 4.3) under WFW v3.11. I cannot start up Access because of a couple of error messages (paraphrased): 1. Opening Access: "Cannot open SYSTEM.MDA, file exclusively locked" 2. When I try to join SYSTEM.MDA in Workgroup Administrator it goes through okay but Access comes up with the same error message. 3. When trying to create a new SYSTEM.MDA file in Workgroup Administrator: "Reserved Error (-1302)..." What the Fudge!?! Does anyone know what's going on? Does anyone know how it can be fixed? A...

Error Number 3000: Reserved Error (-3002); there is no message for this error
Help... I've been moving code about to tidy it up and this error is occuring. I have tracked it down to a set querydef command, i have properly specified a database and am using correct syntax for the set command but this error is popping up. Any ideas why? Please help....... Rob. Try to decompile the database (command-line switch /decompile) dkintheuk wrote: > Help... > > I've been moving code about to tidy it up and this error is occuring. > > I have tracked it down to a set querydef command, i have properly > specified a database and am using correct syntax for the set command > but this error is popping up. > > Any ideas why? > > Please help....... > > Rob. > -- Bas Cost Budde, Holland http://www.heuveltop.nl/BasCB/msac_index.html Er... gonna sound dumb now but how do I do that? Thanks. Ok... found out how... easy really. Unfortunately, there is no change in the behaviour of the code. Argh! Still could use some help here... I've now decomplied... Then i exported all code... Then i compacted and repaired the db Then i reimported all the code Then i compacted and repaired again It still doesn't want to work! Ok... here it is - i was being thick (no surprise there). I had a problem in my SQL in that the SQL was designed to do a TRANSFORM to create a nice crosstab query. I later added an INTO command to the SQL to get the output into a temp table. This is not allowed for TRANSFORM queri...

Intercepting error Access error messages
Is it possible to intercept an error message, generated by Access, and replace it with your own warning. For example entering a duplicate entry for a key field? Thanks Geoff Use the Before Update event of the control in the form to check for duplicate. Set Cancel = true, undo the edit and output a message if there is an error. There are example in Access help under beforeupdate. "Geoff" <gfriar@freenetname.co.uk> wrote in message news:PaKdnTzR1uc84HXYRVnyuAA@brightview.com... > Is it possible to intercept an error message, generated by Access, and > replace it with your own warning. For example entering a duplicate entry > for a key field? > > > > Thanks > > Geoff > > Check out the Form_OnError event. -Tom. Well, you can definitely write VBA code to intercept Access errors and do your own thing in response to them instead of, or in addition to, whatever Access was going to do. So sure, you could display your own message instead of Access'. In addition -- I've never done this, but I'm pretty sure I've read about it -- you can register your own error numbers and error descriptions. So I suppose once you've done that, you can intercept Access' error and Raise your own. But I repeat, I've never done it so I don't know what the problems might be. --- Bob Bridges, rhbridg@attglobal.net, cell 336 382-7313 (hotel) 612 869-7704 xt 118, fax 612 869-7383 /* A crooked politici...

Reserved Error (-7711); there is no message for this error
I am trying to pick out data from an OBDC Source so i have created a link table to it. I have created a query to look at the data in this table. I have chosen all the fields that i require. There is a date field in there which looks at sets of data for a week. If i go into the query design and actually type in the criteria of the date in this format it works year-month-day (2004-02-09). So i have tried to put a text box in to be able to type the date in and be able to search for. This doesnt work. This is the SQL i am using. Its really basic yet cant see the problem! SELECT CTCH_WK.CELLID, ...

Reserved error (-1524); there is no message for this error.
I am trying to run a pretty simple select query in Access 2007, and I keep getting the error message "Reserved error (-1524); there is no message for this error." There are no linked tables in the database - the design of the database is very simple. I should also note that I ran the "compact and repair database" tool and I am still getting the same error message. Any thoughts? Thanks! "adampierce" <apmessner@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f89f4544-0e1e-4140-9b69-4fac8656ae5d@l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to run a pretty simple select query in Access 2007, and I > keep getting the error message "Reserved error (-1524); there is no > message for this error." There are no linked tables in the database - > the design of the database is very simple. > > I should also note that I ran the "compact and repair database" tool > and I am still getting the same error message. > > Any thoughts? > > Thanks! Just a guess..... Do you have any field names that use "reserved" words? Like: Date, Name, Min, Max, Sum, Where, etc Would you post the query? Fred Zuckerman I don't think I'm using any reserved words...Here is the SQL: SELECT E_CURRENT_DATA.Prefix, E_CURRENT_DATA.LastName, E_CURRENT_DATA.FirstName, E_CURRENT_DATA.Address, E_CURRENT_DATA.City, E_CURRENT_DATA.ZIP FROM E_CURRENT_DATA WHERE (((E_CURRENT_DATA.Volunteer)=False) AND ((E_CURRENT_DATA.Absent)=Fa...

(assert-error) tests errors and error messages
I wrote (assert-error) to make sure that a function generates an error, and verify the error message. What do you think? Below is the definition and a few test cases, for Emacs 22.1.50. (require 'cl) (defmacro assert-error (form &optional regexp) "FORM must signal an error. Signal an error otherwise. Additionally, the error message must match REGEXP. Case is ignored while matching REGEXP." (let ((msg (make-symbol "msg")) (ok (make-symbol "ok")) (res (make-symbol "res"))) `(let ((,ok nil)) (condition-case err ;; Evaluate FORM and save the result. (set ',res ,form) (error ;; This runs when FORM signals an error of any kind. (set ',ok t) (set ',msg (error-message-string err)))) (unless ,ok (error "Did not signal an error: %s (returned %s)" ',form ,res)) (when ,regexp ;; Here we know that FORM signaled an error, and that the ;; caller wants to check the error message. (unless (let ((case-fold-search t)) (string-match ,regexp ,msg)) (error "Error message does not match \"%s\": \"%s\"" ,regexp ,msg)))))) ;; Test assert-error, mostly by running it against itself. (assert-error (assert-error nil) "did not signal.*nil") (assert-error (assert-error t) "\\bt\\b") (as...

When is an error not an error?
The Java language specification claims in: 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations .... "If an anonymous class instance creation expression appears within an explicit constructor invocation statement, then the anonymous class may not refer to any of the enclosing instances of the class whose constructor is being invoked." Helpfully it gives an example: "For example: class Top { int x; class Dummy { Dummy(Object o) {} } class Inside extends Dummy { Inside() { super(new Object() { int r = x; }); // error } Inside(final int y) { super(new Object() { int r = y; }); // correct } } } " Notice the word 'error' in the comment. This example compiles without error and produces the correct code. In what sense is it an 'error'? It is not a compiler error, it is not a runtime error. To quote Douglas Adams "this must be some new meaning of the word 'error' with which I am unfamiliar". Any idea what's gone wrong? In article <gepkhr$rop$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, Anon <blackhole@nowhere.com> wrote: > The Java language specification claims in: > 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations [<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/classes.html#8.8. 7.1>] > Notice the word 'error' in the comment. This example compiles without > error and ...

When is an error not an error?
When it's OSS slopware, of course. http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: > When it's OSS slopware, of course. > > http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png > Well, some time ago I had a problem with OE - too long reference line to other posts, and OE of course refused to send... then crashed. Should I name it a feature? -- Andrea On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:25:29 +0200, Andrea wrote: > On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: >> When it's OSS slopware, of course. >> >> http:/...

Error Message Help "Error Accessing File"
Hello, I don't understand this error message." Error accessing File. Network Connection may have been lost." I'm not using any network connection for the database. In the VBA editor is goes to "Private Sub Form_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)". I have been making a bunch of changes and I'm sure I have done something to corrupt this mdb but I don't know where to start of this one. I hope there is help for me... Thanks Norris x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups x-- Access to o...

MS Access Reserved Error -7778
This occurs when I link MS Access 2000 to Sage Line 50 version 9. Any ideas? Cheers Graeme. ...

Error Message: "Error accessing product object method"
We get the Error message "Error accessing product object method" when we execute the following Lotus Script instruction: Call outlineTW.Save() in an agent. Our developer uses the Notes 5 Designer and those who have problems use the Notes 6 clients. Could it be the cause of the prolem? Or else: any help please? Hi Lucky Luke, > We get the Error message "Error accessing product object method" when > we execute the following Lotus Script instruction: Call > outlineTW.Save() in an agent. What type of object is outlineTW? I'm writing a script lib...

MS Access Reserved Error -7778 #2
This occurs when I link MS Access 2000 to Sage Line 50 version 9 using an ODBC connection. The machine has recently been coneccted to a new Win2003 server. Any ideas? Cheers Graeme. ...

Error Writing to MS Access Database with Replication
Greetings, I have a Microsoft Access database that is replicated accross several computers using the built-in Access replication technology. Access replication supports automatically synchronizing updates that have been applied separately to each copy of the database. When replication is enabled in MS Access, a number of "system" columns are added to every table in the database in order to facilitate the synchronization database. Note that these columns are not visible by default within MS Access. I would like to insert new rows into one of the tables in this database using PROC SQL. The statements that I am using to perform this function worked fine before replication was enabled on the database. After replication was enabled, I now receive an error which indicates that SAS is attempting to modify the contents of the replication system columns. SAS should NOT be doing this, as the contents of these columns are automatically maintained by MS Access, and are protected against modification by external applications. The code that I am using, and the error message that I receive are provided below. Can anyone advise of a simple solution to this problem? Perhaps some other option to the libname statement or connect string that I have overlooked...? Thanks, s/KAM 508 %let MJFile=\\Speedy\D\Program Files\MJ Systems \LogSleuth2\Database\LogSleuth.mdb; <snip> 525 libname MJ ODBC noprompt="uid=admin;pwd=&MJPW;dsn=MS Access Database;DBQ=&MJ...

Error: AgentSocketPullInput error message
Hello all... I'm getting the following message repeated in the /var/adm/snmpd.log on HP-UX 11.11 server: AgentSocketPullInput: short read pending on socket close, data discarded at line 491 in file ../common.c I've been surfing around for the info but haven't had any luck finding a reference to this error message and what it might mean? I've done a stare 'n compare against a working snmpd.conf that's working just fine. Would anybody have a cluegram as to where I can look for some idea what this message is telling me...? ...

Error returned with no error message
Hi All, I am trying to access a Transform Data Task in a DTS by double clicking it. When I do, I get a message similar to "HResult of 0x80004005 (-2147467259) returned Unexpected error occurred. An error was returned without an error message" and the properties screen does not appear. Firstly this has got to be the most useless alert ever to appear on my screen, but more importantly what can I do about it? I cannot execute the step either as I get the same message. I thought that the DTS may have become corrupted but it is also happening when I create new DTS packages. Can...

Error message: 'error accessing file network connections may have been lost'
After working up an Access2000 database in Windows XP Pro over two months I am quite suddenly getting an error when attempting to open up forms. The error reads 'error accessing file network connections may have been lost' I would be most grateful for help as I until I solve this one I will not be confident opening up other databases on my machine which still seem to be working properly and I need to get on with finishing the errant application (Just in case it is relevant I installed Office XP with Access 2002 a week ago but this database has not been opened up on it. It may be a c...

MS Jet database engine error message
In Access'97, I am currently trying to run a Select query, which I normally run every week, without problem, until now. I am currently getting the following error message; The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time I'm not trying to change anything, nor do I believe that anyone else is, or should be in my database. Does anyone now what this means and how I can resolve it and continue with my normal process? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks Delete the LDB file when there's no-one using the MDB file (including you). Thanks for this, but unfortunately, there's no *.ldb file (have shown hidden file types etc). I'm currently running my SQ again, taking each tbl & qry out one at a time to see if I can pin-point the error. However, when viewing each tbl behind my SQ individual they're ok, as are the SQ's (there's two sub within the main one) when I run them seperately. Any more suggestions? Many thanks. ...

Help! Error message: "Error accessing the file. Network connection may have been lost"
Help!!! I have been developing an application, and suddenly, whenever I try adding data, or adding a control to a form, I get the above message. I have tried moving the file from our server to the local machine, and also loading it from another machine, but to no avail. If I try and add data to a form, or click on a button on a form, the error message pops up and the VBA screen opens with the cursor at "Compare Database". Any suggestions gratefully received - it is, of course, urgent! Andrew Andrew Fenyo wrote: >I have been developing an application, and suddenly, whenever I try >adding data, or adding a control to a form, I get the above message. Take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=304548 -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

E2900 error on boot: TL = 1, TT = 32. ERROR: Data Access Error -- Help??
Can someone help decipher this error below? Had Sun CE install 32Gb memory into 2 system boards (64Gb total), and now we are getting this error. We tried powering it back up with each system board individually, and get same error no matter which board is in, or both. So we're pretty sure it's not a single dimm that is the problem Sun Fire E2900 OpenFirmware version 5.19.4 (01/19/06 18:06) Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is subject to license terms. SmartFirmware, Copyright (C) 1996-2001. All rights reserved. 32768 MB memory installed, TL = 1, TT = 32....

"Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle" error when restarting application
Hi, we're using Oracle 10g, in combination with Delphi (7). Application uses Oracle client dll (oraociei10.dll). Quick explenation about the structure (All files are on the network): - A launcher application is started by the client. The launcher application checks an .ini file for the current application versie (.exe filename with a version postfix, e.g. "Application_112.exe"). The launcher starts the executable specified in the .ini file. In this way we can "release" by putting a new .exe file and updating the .ini file. The problem: In our application we've got the functionality to restart the application when a new version is available. If the application detects there is a new version (by checking the .ini file) the user can restart the application. The next thing happens on a restart: - Application starts the launcher again, the handle of the application is passed. - Application closes itself - Launcher waits until the application handle is gone - Launcher restarts application again (new version). When starting the application again, oracle generated the beautiful: "Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle" message. Initial thought was that the Oracle client was not unloaded, so we made the launcher wait up to 60 seconds after the application was closed and before the application is started again. But even then the error occurs. Detail: When not using the oracle client , but the "n...

ADO Connection Open fails with error -2147467259 when MS Access database under Source Safe
Immediately after generating the Access application from the Source Safe project I get: "-2147467259 Could not use ''; file already in use." If Access database closed and then reopened I get: "-2147467259 The database has been place in a state by user 'Admin' on machine ..... that prevents it from being opened or locked." This error will then persist - even past a machine reboot and compact and repair of both application db (without source safe removal) and 'server' db. If I remove the Access application from Source Safe the ADO connection opens fine. (Might have to close database and reopen it to get it working the first time after eliminating source safe.) I do not appear to be short on memory. Am using: Access 2003 with sp1 Source Safe 6.0d Windows XP Professional with sp2 Database in Access 2002-2003 format Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library I have isolated error in test database with just one table and one form. Test1 fails under source safe while Test2 - which avoids use of the offending open command -works regardless of use of source safe. Any illumination on this would be appreciated. I have found the Source Safe & Access combination hard going but I do not want to loose source code control. This issue has undermined my confidence in these tools yet again. Many thanks. GM Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private Sub cmdTest1_Click() On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim cnn As ADODB.Conne...

Mapping error codes to error messages
I need to make an error handling framework to be used by C++ applications running on HP-UX. In this, the application error codes can be mapped to pre-defined error messages. The framework would have C++ exception classes for error information propagation. I however have no clue on how to map the error codes to the messages, and efficiently access the messages through a simple mapping class or function. I know this is not exactly a UNIX question that we are discussing, but is anybody aware of any implementation techniques. Should it necessarily be a static array indexed by error codes or some r...

Automation Error Unspecified Error Message
I'm running a query and get the error in the subject line above. This is the query: strSQL = "SELECT XL_Import.Gate, XL_Import.Region, XL_Import.Section, XL_Import.[Charter Fields], " & _ "XL_Import.[Data Value], XL_Import.[Matrix 1 Table], XL_Import.[Matrix 1 Attribute] " & _ "FROM XL_Import " & _ "WHERE (XL_Import.Section = 'DF" & x & "') AND (XL_Import. [Data Value]<>'0') AND " & _ "(XL_Import.[Matrix 1 Table]= 'ProductOption') AND (XL_Import. [Matrix 1 Attribute] ='package direction');" If I paste this into an accesss query it runs fine. Any ideas what is going on? I'm using Access 2003. Greetings, I simplified your query by removing parens and the preceding table name for each field: strSQL = _ "SELECT Gate, Region, Section, [Charter Fields], " & _ "[Data Value], [Matrix 1 Table], [Matrix 1 Attribute] " & _ "FROM XL_Import " & _ "WHERE Section Like 'DF*' AND [Data Value]<>'0' AND " & _ "[Matrix 1 Table]= 'ProductOption' AND [Matrix 1 Attribute] ='package direction'" I also combined your X variable with a Like and * -- WHERE Section Like 'DF*' AND... What I would do if I were you, starters, is to remove the Where clause and select like the top 1 SELECT Top 1 Gate, Region, Section, [...

ERROR() : Multi-line error messages
Hi all. I am working with this program where I scan lots of text strings and check their formats. If an error is found, the program terminates while printing an error message to screen as error(ErrorText); One of the strings is required to be on the letter/digit format ABC123 I have seen that there is a risk that the users either hit the wrong keys (hits 'O' instead of '0') or read the alphanumeric codes wrong ('l' instead of '1') when they enter them, so I want to be able to check the entered codes and display an error message like "Error in parameter SomeCode. Expects format 'ABC123'. Found letter 'l' (lowercase 'L') in digit position 1" The text in my own code is a little bit more elaborate, it prints the code that was actually found and goes into some details about where the error might have originated etc. These sorts of error messages quickly become too long to fit comfortably into one line in the command window. How can I break the error message up to appear over several lines when I use the function ERROR? Rune "Rune Allnor" <allnor@tele.ntnu.no> writes: > I am working with this program where I scan lots of > text strings and check their formats. If an error > is found, the program terminates while printing > an error message to screen as > > error(ErrorText); > [...] > These sorts of error messages quickly become > too long to fit comfortably i...

Web resources about - Reserved Error (-1517): There is no message for this error. - comp.databases.ms-access

Reserved and excepted matters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In Scotland , a finite list of matters are explicitly reserved in the Scotland Act. Any matter not explicitly listed in the Act is implicitly ...

Reserved Parking - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Rusting sign has a cheery friend to the left... (Look at the large version to read the little sticker).

The Exploding Fruit of the Lodgepole Pine Dwarf Mistletoe - All Rights Reserved - YouTube
Explosively- discharged fruit of the dwarf mistletoe, Arceuthobium americanum, captured by a Photron high-speed camera at Thompson Rivers University. ...

Emirati woman first to take on job traditionally reserved for men
Ayesha Al Marzooqi, 28, said she hoped her job at Khalifa Port would inspire other women to take up careers that were traditionally reserved ...

Palmer breach of trust decision reserved until New Year
A decision on whether Clive Palmer breached trust by allegedly funnelling money from a mining partner into his 2013 federal election campaign ...

AFL dumps mandatory reserved seating fee in bid to reduce prices
The AFL will dump reserved seating, streamline its variable pricing ticketing scheme and grant clubs more power over their match-day experience ...

The utmost of privacy is reserved for fly-ins to an exclusive Port Phillip resort
It is in the Melway - but you would never try to drive there. It is home to thousands of part-time residents who travel from around the world ...

Medical marijuana reserved for sickest kids by U.S. pediatric academy
With virtually no hard proof that medical marijuana benefits sick children, and evidence that it may harm developing brains, the drug should ...

Highway reserved for driverless trucks proposed from Mexico to Canada
Proposed corridor is predicted to ease the movement of commodities across borders and streamline business

Rogers: Reserved Your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Online
The highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was unveiled at IFA Berlin just a couple short weeks ago, and it was made quite clear that Canadians ...