Resize forms utility and forms with pictures as background

Anyone use the AHRESIZE utility to resize a form dynamically who is also
using background images?

I have an app that creates electronic versions of manual forms.  I
digitize the manual form and load it (at run time) as the form
background.  then, on top of it I place the fields.

Seems to work well.

Now I am trying to allow use of the resize utility to allow the form to
be automatically resized to fit the screen resolution of each individual
user.

Unfortunately, I initially built the form I used "zoom" as the picture
sizing method.  I think that does not work with the resizing utility -
at least the resizing doesn't result in the fields being aligned with
the positions on the form.

when I tried to use "clip" I find my image is way too large once scaled.

Suggestions?

Bob
0
bobalston9 (397)

Might be worth looking at a program called ShrinkerStretcher from Peters
software

Think Stretch might work with ADHresixe

Phil
"Bob Alston" <bobalston9@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anyone use the AHRESIZE utility to resize a form dynamically who is also
> using background images?
>
> I have an app that creates electronic versions of manual forms.  I
> digitize the manual form and load it (at run time) as the form background.
> then, on top of it I place the fields.
>
> Seems to work well.
>
> Now I am trying to allow use of the resize utility to allow the form to be
> automatically resized to fit the screen resolution of each individual
> user.
>
> Unfortunately, I initially built the form I used "zoom" as the picture
> sizing method.  I think that does not work with the resizing utility - at
> least the resizing doesn't result in the fields being aligned with the
> positions on the form.
>
> when I tried to use "clip" I find my image is way too large once scaled.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Bob

0
phil (1005)

Resizing Form Objects when a form is resized
I know this has probably been asked a million times and I have searched Google on and off -- what I need however is a dumbed down tutorial or a demo project I can play with. I have coded a multi threaded IRC client that can hit multiple servers at the same time and do all kindsa snazzy stuff however it looks crappy when forms are resized -- Cheers James Starritt wrote: > I know this has probably been asked a million times and I have searched > Google on and off -- what I need however is a dumbed down tutorial or a demo > project I can play with. I have coded a multi threaded I...

Forms and Form
Hi everyone ! 1) An example from help: "Each Form object has a Controls collection, which contains all controls on the form. You can refer to a control on a form either by implicitly or explicitly referring to the Controls collection. Your code will be faster if you refer to the Controls collection implicitly. The following examples show two of the ways you might refer to a control named NewData on the form called OrderForm: ' Implicit reference. Forms!OrderForm!NewData ' Explicit reference. Forms!OrderForm.Controls!NewData The next two examples show how you might refer to a ...

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to ent...

Form size question with Access forms, remote desktop, and MS Surface Pro
Hi, I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it off the cloud. Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the people that are hosting our software can do. -paulw On Monday, 29 February 2016 17:30:11 UTC, PW wrote: > Hi, > > I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: > > We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When > we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from > an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are > so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the > cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it > off the cloud. > > Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the > people that are hosting our software can do. > > -paulw It will cost you, but have a look at a program called "ShrinkerStrether from Peter's Software (http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm) This should shrink or stretch forms and all their controls to match the scr...

form access to form excel
Hello, How may I pass in VBA a value from a control in a access 2003 form to a control in a excel 2003 form ? I try this but it does'nt run: (oApp=word.application) oApp.Forms("saisie").tbnom.Value = Form_Form1.tbnom.Value & " " & Form_Form1.tbprenom.Value Thanks. ...

MS Access Create form / report with multiple pages using different background images
MS Access Create form / report with multiple pages using different background images Hi, Would like to have users fill out a multipage form, and then click a print button, which pulls up the info just entered for a particular record and print out multiple pages of forms, each page having a different image as background. 1) Anyone know how to make a form with multiple pages that different images as background? 2) Anyone know a way to create a multipage report where each page has a different background image (but the data across all of the pages come from the same record)? Thanks, George ...

Access Form --> Hyperlink to Excel --> Return to Original Access Form ?
I have an Access 2000 form that has a Hyperlink that opens an Excel 2000 worksheet located in the same network folder as the Access MDB. The Hyperlink works great. When users close the Excel File, they must choose the correct open Access form on the Windows Desktop Taskbar to return to the Access form that had the Hyperlink. Is there a way to: 1. Open the Access Form 2. Launch the Hyperlink to the Excel Workbook 3. Exit Excel, then 4. Return to the original Access form automatically - without clicking anything (such as the the TaskBar) I just need help with #4. Or, is there a better ...

Hiding Access Main Form/tables/queries/forms/etc
Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms etc programmatically? Michael On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com> wrote: >Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. > >Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms >etc programmatically? > Yes. Take a look here for some API code that will manipulate the Access window. http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm - Jim Another way, with probably less control than the...

Forms question
Hi folks, I'm new here and am a neophyte Access 2000 user/developer. A year ago, I barely knew what Access was. I was asked by the people that pay us to begin keeping certain data about the children's crisis program I manage. After a couple of years doing this by hand on paper (Yikes!), I decided that this was ridiculous. Out of neccessity, I had to learn Access and develop a database to track clients and services. So what I know, I've learned from places like this and from the many text books I've picked up. I developed the database and entered almost 3 years of data. We av...

HTML form to MS Access?
Hi, I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I think may be a problem. Can someone show me how to take the info from the form and export it to MS Access? Thanks, Jason Jason Miles wrote: > Hi, > > I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data > from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I > think may be a problem. > > Can someone show me how to take the info from the form and export it to MS >...

first form is ignored, second form is forms[0] why?
Does anyone recognize this situation and know what causes it ? The page starts with just a search form. When you do a search the page now has a search results form, a save botton, and the search form at the bottom. There is also a link to add another form with a dropdown. If you add the third form the page has the search results form, the form with the dropdown and the search form, in that order. The save button is set to submit the search results, which is always forms[0]. If the page has all 3 forms, it works fine. The first form is submitted,and it is the correct form. If however, the ...

Form
I have a table TBL_NAMES : IDNAME , Name_person , ETC..... (15 different labels) I have a second table TBL_POINTS : IDPOINTS , LINKNAME_PERSON , POINTS_ALGEBRA , POINTS_GYM , etc.... (25 courses) I have made a form where all the names are listed and when i click on a name another form is opened with that persons name on top and a number of labels and textboxes where i put those points in. So far no problem. BUT... i want one record per person. So the next time i click on his name i would like to see those points and be able to change them but i must not be able to create a new record. T...

html form to MS Access?
Hi, I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I think may be a problem. Can someone show me how to take the info from the form and export it to MS Access? Thanks, Jason Jason Miles wrote: > Hi, > > I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data > from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I > think may be a problem. > That is a problem. Get your CGI script to strip out commas from any fields. Eithe...

MS Access Forms problem
Hi everyone! I have a forms problem. Bakground: I have created a number of tables. Of these, I have a main parent table (Personal Details) and a number of other child tables (Tax file No., VISA card no.), etc...... All tables have a primary key of "Name", all child tables forming foreign key references with the parent table 'Personal Details'. I have established referential integrity will all relationships. All relationships are 1-to-1. To solve my problem, I have tried making the relationships 1-to-many (ie., the 2nd option in the "Link Type" option of the Relat...

help with MS Access forms
[copied from a prior question] Hello, I'm working on an application and one of the forms is an option group with radio buttons set to Yes and No. When you click on one of those buttons, the table is properly updated. However, I am not seeing the visual representation that one of the buttons has been selected, i.e. the little black dot does not appear. I'm sure there is a simple solution for this but I am unaware of what it is. Also, what would be the most efficient way to create multiple-page forms [other than the use of tabs] ? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Q1 ...

Embed MonthCalendar in an MS Access Form
Hi all, Iam trying to embed the well known Month Calendar found at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm directly into an MS Access form the same way that the ActiveX Calendar Control is embedded into the form (ie. I want the MonthCalendar to be part of the form instead of popping up in a seperate window). Thanks It was not designed nor meant to be used that way. You would be better off using an ActiveX control or an Access Form based Calendar. -- HTH Stephen Lebans http://www.lebans.com Access Code, Tips and Tricks Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit. <a...

ms access Form query help
the code below is from ms access 97 vb. I have imported the access project into Access 2002. I am getting all kinds of errors in the code now. I am trying to run a query from a form. This is the first error i get: It has a problem with the "OpenQueryDef" in the third line below. Dim MyDB As Database, recset As Recordset Set MyDB = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) Set thequery = MyDB.OpenQueryDef("MainQuery") If anyone could help me or give some advice that would be awsome. thanks, scott Skoter: Usually it's good to give a little more detail about the ...

Form Events MS Access 2000
I can't seem to figure out which of the forms event is called "AFTER" the form is displayed. I am trying to run some code after the form is displayed, not before. Any ideas? Thanks in advance... Open, Load, and Activate are the candidate events, unless you want an event that fires on each new Record displayed, which would be the Current event. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "Steven" <imfd69@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1103315567.731773.89470@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I can't seem to figure out which of the forms event is called &quo...

ms access: How do you create an about form button??
My son is trying to create an about form button for a form he has already created. Any help would be great. Thanks Open the form that will hold the button in Design View. Choose View, Toolbox to make the Toolbox available if it is not active. Make sure the Control Wizards button on the Toolbox is activated. Click once on the Command Button in the Toolbox. Click somewhere on the form that will hold the button. This will launch the Command Button Wizard. >From the Categories Pane, choose Form Operations. >From the Actions Pane, choose Open Form and click Next. The Command Button Wizard...

Inserting a picture in an ms access database.
I want to insert a picture in a ms access table using VB6. I also want to see the stored picture using an image control in a form. What should be the coding ? gabs wrote: > I want to insert a picture in a ms access table using VB6. I also want to > see the stored picture using an image control in a form. What should be > the coding ? > Would it not be more efficient to just store the *path* to the picture in the database, rather than the whole picture itself? You're asking for one *HUGE* database file if you store a lot of pictures in it... ...

MS access child form validation
Hi I need help to validate a date field in the child form please. Child form : Autonumkey ID Date Visit1 10 A12 10-10-2012 V1 14 A12 13-10-2012 V2 17 A12 12-10-2012 When i enter Autonum 17, the date is earlier than the last available record (aka V2). May i know how can i program a validation rule to check that in this child form that the new record date cannot be earlier than the previous record ? For some help please. Thank you BEst Regards Jocey On 21/01/2014 08:00:57, wrote: > Hi > > I need help to validate a date field in the child form please. > > Child form : > > Autonumkey ID Date Visit1 > 10 A12 10-10-2012 V1 > > 14 A12 13-10-2012 V2 > > 17 A12 12-10-2012 > > When i enter Autonum 17, the date is earlier than the last available > record (aka V2). May i know how can i program a validation rule to check > that in this child form that the new record date cannot be earlier than > the previous record ? > > For some help please. > Thank you > BEst Regards > Jocey > Suppose the recordsource for the child form is MyQuery and the Date is called MyDate. You will also need to get the MyID from somewhere, I guess it will be on the main form DMax("MyDate", MyQuery", "ID = '&qu...

ACCESS accessibility from a C++ process launched from an ACCESS form
Here is my problem. From an ACCESS form, I run a C++ process reaching the same database in read/write mode via the ODBC driver. An error occurs: " The database has been placed by an unknown user in a state preventing it from being opened either locked. SQLSetConnectAttr failure of the pilot " (Nota : translated approximatively from the french error message). However, if I have used an another form before (eg. to modify a table), or if I have modified myself a record of any table, there is no problem. It seems that the database is in a state " read-only " by default until th...

Word form can link to Access db, as a data entry form?
Is it possible to create a Word form as the data entry form for an Access database? I didn't see any reference to this possibility in my Access books, so I'm sorry if this is a question that is rather off-the-wall. I was asked to ask this question, to see if a Word form can be linked to an Access database and then emailed to various end-users for them to complete task requests using this form. "intl04" <kr005@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:414cb645.0402241213.70a52e0c@posting.google.com... > Is it possible to create a Word form as the data entry form for an >...

Web resources about - Resize forms utility and forms with pictures as background - comp.databases.ms-access

Cosmic microwave background radiation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
With a traditional optical telescope , the space between stars and galaxies (the background ) is completely dark. However, a sufficiently sensitive ...

Android App OStream Speeds Up Facebook Experience By Synchronizing Content In Background
Facebook’s newly revamped Android application was rebuilt with a focus on speed, and startup oStream wants to help users of devices on that operating ...

Background for Dick Armey’s Endorsement of “Nothing for the Nation”
To truly grasp the profound nature of Dick Armey’s endorsement of Nothing for the Nation: Who Got What Out of Iraq, one must understand the events ...

Parse launches analytics tool, background jobs feature at first Developer Day conference
Parse , the Facebook-owned app development platform, held its first Developer Day conference in San Francisco Thursday, and the company launched ...

Easy Background Tasks in ASP.NET
As I work on the badge implementation for Stack Overflow, I needed a way to call the code that detects and awards the badges out of band. Traditionally ...

Cool Wallpapers & Backgrounds for iPad Lite for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Cool Wallpapers & Backgrounds for iPad Lite on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Apple/FBI fight looks destined to go all the way to the Supreme Court as more background is revealed
... doubt about Apple’s determination to fight the matter all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, that doubt appears to be removed by further background ...

Play YouTube in the background with this trick
... has found an interesting little trick, or should we say bug, using Google’s Chrome browser that allows you to leave videos playing in the background. First ...

Opera claims you're using 30 percent of your mobile data on background apps
... through it. Unless you're predominantly on Wi-Fi then you're likely wondering where all of that data is going. The answer, of course, is background ...

Everyone manually closes all their background apps, right?
Apple software engineering VP Craig Federighi recently dispelled one of the more long-standing myths about iPhone battery life. In short, if ...