I have a Database that I am trying to run on a new vista computer. Up
to now I was running it on a win 98 computer and using access 2003! I
installed access 2003 and I can make it run and view the data but I
can not save any new records.
Has any one seen this problem yet?

Thanks Clarence Wollman

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:17:13 -0700, cwoll <clarencewollman@gmail.com>
wrote:

Do you have the same problem with the Northwind sample application?
(search your computer for northwind.mdb)

-Tom.

On Aug 22, 7:29 pm, Tom van Stiphout <no.spam.tom7...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:17:13 -0700, cwoll <clarencewoll...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Do you have the same problem with the Northwind sample application?
> (search your computer for northwind.mdb)

I don't have a problem opening and editing the northwind.mdb.

Thanks

Hi
I found a workaround. This database has a fronted and a backed. When I
link them in the linked table manager, I was going threw the network
to my computer. The reason I am doing this is when any networked
computer opens the shortcut to the front end of this computer the
linked table manger knows where to find the backed.
When i changed the linked table manager to just look on drive c/
werevertheprogramis it works fine. The only problem is I can't access
it threw the network.
So it must be some setting in widows vista. It worked fine on the old
windows xp machine.

So for now I have it working on one computer. I will have to think
about how to make it network accessible.
Thanks for your help.
Clarence Wollman

Hi! Is there a MATLAB command which gives access to a .mdb MS Access database or do I need a special driver? Thanks, Andree Hi Andree Ellert, you can use activeXcontrol to interact with MS-Access database. access = actxserver('Access.Application'); returns the handle for Access. set(access, 'Visible', 1); will show the opened Access window. use get(access) and set(access) commands to find the methods available to call. -Vadivelu M =========== http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/database/datatool.shtml "Andree Ellert" <ellert@gmx.net////...

access to MS Access password-protected database?
Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. Thanks, Ken On Feb 11, 10:43=A0am, Ken McDonald <kmmcdon...@medicine.wisc.edu> wrote: > Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python =A0 > to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google = =A0 > searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. > > Thanks, > Ken You post is a little vague...

I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how can i make client access database located on the server? "HeMan_Speaks" <Lunar20092010@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d71ce567-0434-48b8-b1d2-bb191706ab45@w8g2000prd.googlegroups.com... >I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how > can i make client access database located on the server? I think you're going to have to expand a little bit more in your question here, as is not 100% quite clear what you're trying to do. You might want to make a little bit of a d...

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Cal...

Any MS Access that is NOT MS Access in WinXP?
Hi all, I have a small application for bookkeeping, actually working in Access with small routines in VBA. I want to rewrite it in Java, but I don't want to use Access anymore. I started looking for another database, but I found none. I already know (and used) MySQL and PostgreSQL (waiting 7.4), but as far as I know they are only daemon, and under windows they use a lot of memory and CPU time. It's like installing a Ferrari only to cross the road. Maybe an approach with loading the daemon at the start of the program, and quitting it at the end, but I don't know how it could work. Has anybody tried it? Or I can use a database solution with the full support of SQL, reliable, not memory-resident, and JAVA compatible (better JDBC). If a similar program does not exist, a java class may be enough, if it works! (I'd like to have the GUI and the possibility to work directly on the data without using Java, but if it is impossible...) Of course if everything could work also under linux, that wouldn't be too bad! :-) Do you know of any solution? Thank you, Duccio. Try hsqldb - 100% Java Database. http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/ "Duccio" <dmg1978@libero.it> wrote in message news:442cgvchha97g43he7hlrhr3clg4hm1d83@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > I have a small application for bookkeeping, actually working in > Access with small routines in VBA. I want to rewrite it in Java, but I > don't w...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); --------...

Redhat Apache to access MS-Access Database through PHP
Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows how to make this work. I have Redhat Liux ES v2.1 Server Apache 1.3 PHP 4.0 a MS-Access MDB file (just the file, already created) The MS-Access file is already in the Redhat Linux server. Is there a way I can make Apache & PHP to access this MS-Access MDB file? Thank you. ...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide...

multiple users' simultaneous access to a MS Access database
When my end user clicks on the icon for her MS Access database (the icon is on her Novell NAL menu) she is successful in opening the database. However, when another staff member is using the database she receives the message that someone is using it and she cannot access it at that time. Any suggestions as to what I need to do to resolve this? I guess it would be a fix to allow multiple users simultaneous access to a MS Access database? Thanks in advance, Zuf Per zufie: >When my end user clicks on the icon for her MS Access database (the >icon is on her Novell NAL menu...

To enter and access database of MS access or any DBMS usibg C.
hello people, Can any body give me the code or the basic logic to enter and also access data from a Database management system using C?...also tell me the actuall syntax to run an .exe file using C along with the headers to be included.I want to do it in Windows environment only....using turboC In article <1134648270.423831.13110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Sree <gisripa@gmail.com> wrote: >hello people, > Can any body give me the code or the basic logic to >enter and also access data from a Database management system using >C?.....

HXTT Access v1.0 Released for MS Access database
HXTT Access provides a type 4 JDBC driver for Table, System Table, View(Query), and Linked Table of Microsoft Access (MS Access) version from 2.0, 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2002, to 2003. It supports JDBC1.2, JDBC2.0, and JDBC3.0. It supports Personal Java, JDK1.0.X, JDK1.1.X, JDK1.2.X, JDK1.3.X, JDK1.4.X and JDK1.5.X. It supports JBuilder's Database Pilot, Oracle's JVM, JDeveloper 10G, Dreamweaver UltraDev, Dreamweaver ColdFusion, ObJectRelationalBridge, DBVisualizer, Sunopsis, MySQL Migration Toolkit, Tomcat, vqServer, Hibernate, SQuirreL SQL Client, and DbEdit Database Utilites for Eclipse Platform. It supports transaction, XOPEN SQLState, RMI, Jini, JNDI, and serialization. It supports { UNION | INTERSECT | EXCEPT | MINUS } [ ALL ] query , INNER JOIN, FULL JOIN, LEFT JOIN, RIGHT JOIN, NATURAL JOIN, CROSS JOIN, self join, and subquery which includes single-row subquery, multirow subquery, multiple-column subquery, inline views, and correlated subquery. The current version of the HXTT Access packages are available at http://www.hxtt.net/en/software/download.jsp?product=Access . ...

Importing MS Office Excel Comma Separated Values Files into a MS Access 2003 database
Hi, I have been tasked with Importing MS Office Excel Comma Separated Values Files into a MS Access 2003 database. These files were exported from a DB2 database.I have also been given the DDL code. I have Googled a solution to this task and have tried creating these tables using the DDL code in a query within a blank MS Access database. Is there a more expedient way to achieve this? I noticed, for example, that a field in DB2 has a data type of "decimal" while the same field in MS Access 2003 would have the data type of "number". Thanks, Zuf What follows i...

Possible to access MS Access 2007 password-protected database from Python?
Googling has shown me various ways of connecting to a non-password- protected Access database, but I was wondering if someone could point to code illustrating how to use an Access db that's password- protected. I haven't been able to find anything on this. Thanks, Ken ...

Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error o...

Web resources about - Running a ms access database with access 2003 in Vista - comp.databases.ms-access

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

TransGrid Switches Oracle Database Support to Rimini Street
TransGrid Switches Oracle Database Support to Rimini Street

Herbalife sinks on database error report
Herbalife said it had overstated growth in the number of "active new members" in some instances in the past three quarters due to database errors. ...

DB Networks Launches Real-Time Database Security Sensor
By integrating this sensor into their products, security OEMs provide their customers with more usage detail and metrics from data-tier cyber ...

How Postgres and Open Source Are Disrupting The Market for Database Management Systems
Open source database management systems (OSDBMSs) have matured into viable alternatives to proprietary, commercial solutions. It comes as no ...