I have a Database that I am trying to run on a new vista computer. Up
to now I was running it on a win 98 computer and using access 2003! I
installed access 2003 and I can make it run and view the data but I
can not save any new records.
Has any one seen this problem yet?

Thanks Clarence Wollman

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:17:13 -0700, cwoll <clarencewollman@gmail.com>
wrote:

Do you have the same problem with the Northwind sample application?
(search your computer for northwind.mdb)

-Tom.

On Aug 22, 7:29 pm, Tom van Stiphout <no.spam.tom7...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:17:13 -0700, cwoll <clarencewoll...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Do you have the same problem with the Northwind sample application?
> (search your computer for northwind.mdb)

I don't have a problem opening and editing the northwind.mdb.

Thanks

Hi
I found a workaround. This database has a fronted and a backed. When I
link them in the linked table manager, I was going threw the network
to my computer. The reason I am doing this is when any networked
computer opens the shortcut to the front end of this computer the
linked table manger knows where to find the backed.
When i changed the linked table manager to just look on drive c/
werevertheprogramis it works fine. The only problem is I can't access
it threw the network.
So it must be some setting in widows vista. It worked fine on the old
windows xp machine.

So for now I have it working on one computer. I will have to think
about how to make it network accessible.
Thanks for your help.
Clarence Wollman