Scrolling problem with php web page - problem with IE or PHP?

Why doesn't my left nav bar scroll properly?

For some reason, my left nav bar does not scroll properly on my php page -
index2.php  Below is a link to the page with a detailed description of the
problem.  The page itself is a demonstration of the problem.

http://clearpointsystems.com/112/index2.php

I'm not sure if the problem is with the style sheet, IE6, my code, or what.
Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

0
nospam95 (980)

"deko" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Why doesn't my left nav bar scroll properly?
>
> For some reason, my left nav bar does not scroll properly on my php page -
> index2.php  Below is a link to the page with a detailed description of the
> problem.  The page itself is a demonstration of the problem.
>
> http://clearpointsystems.com/112/index2.php
>
> I'm not sure if the problem is with the style sheet, IE6, my code, or
what.
> Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

wrong newsgroup....  anyway, the problem appears to be referencing an
external stylesheet.  when the css directives are placed within the page it
works fine. still, seems to be limitation with IE6 not rendering page and
scrollong properly when using external style sheet.

0
nospam95 (980)
7/17/2004 10:27:16 PM
"deko" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Why doesn't my left nav bar scroll properly?
>
> For some reason, my left nav bar does not scroll properly on my php page -
> index2.php  Below is a link to the page with a detailed description of the
> problem.  The page itself is a demonstration of the problem.
>
> http://clearpointsystems.com/112/index2.php
>
> I'm not sure if the problem is with the style sheet, IE6, my code, or
what.
> Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Your leftcontent element is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. It's
using 100% of the height of it's parent element which is the visible
page.  Without any actual content that's all it's going to do. If you want
it to take up more, increasing the height percentage above 100% will work
in a least the latest versions of IE. Don't know how other browsers handle
it.

0
rkc (288)
7/17/2004 10:34:21 PM
> Your leftcontent element is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. It's
> using 100% of the height of it's parent element which is the visible
> page.  Without any actual content that's all it's going to do. If you want
> it to take up more, increasing the height percentage above 100% will work
> in a least the latest versions of IE. Don't know how other browsers handle
> it.

yeah, I finally figured it out... it was the style sheet after all...

0
nospam95 (980)

Carrying PHP Variables From Web Page To Web Page
I was reading about PHP variable scoping - it doesn't seem to support carrying any variables from one web page to another - how is this usually done? I have a lot of php variables created on my home page that I need to make use of on other web pages - how can I do that? Thanks... > 3 choices > 1) use sessions to hold the variables between pages > 2) use hidden form fields and submit buttons (not secure) > 3) use a database to hold the values and embed the key in your urls (e.g. > href='somepage.php?id=34') .... of which sessions (option 1) is the best option, sin...

Php and DataBase Abstraction for mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access?
Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the same functions with the three different PHP db functions. I see that php_dba is listed as an extension, but I determine which DBs are supported. However, I think that it does not support the ones I need. Thanks David wrote: > Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the > mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the > same functions with the three different PHP db functions. > > I see that php_...

Reading an MS Access Database file on *NIX platform using PHP
I'm building a small web application for a friend using PHP. He'd like to use MS Access to keep the data in, and update the data on the site by FTP'ing Access files he edits on his machine up to the web host. The web host is unix-based (FreeBSD, slightly hacked by Verio, I believe), so this means COM functions aren't available. ODBC was my next thought, but I've never used it, and there are a few things I don't understand. Setting up a DSN is one of them -- apparently this isn't as simple as constructing a string, and all the tutorials I can find seem to involve ...

US-CA: Los Angeles-Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP - MySQL Job Location: CA: Los Angeles Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2011-05-06 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: email only Fax: email only Description: Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP - MySQL Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP - MySQL - Javascript - HTML - CSS - Facebook - Skills Required - PHP, PHP4, PHP5, MySQL, Javascript, XHTML, DHTML, HTML5, HTML 5, Flash, actionscript, Facebook, Promotional, Marketing, PHP Developer, PHP Programmer, Web Developer Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP - MySQL - Javascript - HTML - CSS - Facebook API If you are a PHP Programmer or Web Developer with strong skills in PHP Development, please read on! We are an award winning Interactive Agency with offices throughout the world. Were currently looking to add a PHP Developer, with skills in both Front End and Back End development, to our team in Venice, CA. In this role youll be developing Promotional / Marketing web ...

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

PHP and MS Access + XML
Hi, I have resords in an access database. I want to retrieve them using php and generate an xml file with them. I can retrieve the records and generate an xml file but the xml file contains no data. This is the code im using: PHP: $query1="SELECT * FROM cust"; $result=odbc_exec($conn , $query1)or die("Query failed: $sql<br />Error: ".mysql_error()."<br />"); $xml = ''; $xml .= '<?xml version="1.0"?>'."\n"; $xml .= '<!DOCTYPE customer SYSTEM "customer.dtd">'."\n"; $xml .= ...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > <?php > > }; > > ?> > > This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. > I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... <?php ob_start(); ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php $foo=ob_get_clean(); ?> -- Justin Koivisto - justin@koivi.com http://koivi.com Wow, little late on the reply, but i still wanted to thank you for your help. This is exactly what i meant, and it works great! :D Thanks again. ...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importance. PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly are you looking for? -- __________ |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply. With total disregard for any kind of safety measures Tim Tyler <tim@tt1lock.org> leapt forth and uttered: > John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > >> Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object >> files in deploying the files to other's server like java >> classes are deployed? > > To what end? > > Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - > since the code remains on the server. > > Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the > server that is of reduced importance. > > PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly > are you looking for? I think he'...

PHP MySQL Web Development
PHP MySQL Web Development - Why Do You Need a PHP & MySQL ... 20 Aug 2010 ... PHP is web development language. PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. MySQL is an opensource, SQL Relational Database Management System ... http://childschooledu.blogspot.com/ ...

Generated PHP Web Database forms
Greetings fellow coders, I'm still gaining experiance in developing PHP applications, and have completed a couple of projects already. This has prompted me to look for ways to reduce the development time for web enabled database applications. Every web database has basic operations such as add,delete,update and search. I have been creating HTML forms and processing the results with php code. I have managed to reduce the number of forms required by using the smarty template engine. I want to go a stage further and be able to produce the forms and the processing code purely by looking at...

Developing PHP pages in MS FrontPage
I am doing my PHP development in MS FrontPage. At on time, when in Frontpage and I would double click on a page in my development folder, FrontPage would open it. Now when I double click, Notepad opens it. I have check my extension settings and my setting is that FrontPage should open an file ending in .PHP. Now what I have do is right click the file name, and use "Open With...." to open it in FrontPage. Somewhere, Somehow, I must have changed a setting to screw this up. Can someone suggest when I need to do to get the double click action back so the ..php file is opened with FrontP...

PHP and MS Access Record Count
I am trying to get a record count of a PHP query on a MS Acess database using ODBC with a DSN for MS ACCESS connection. I got this code from the PHP manual user notes. It seems to return the correct recount if the count is greater than 0. It the count is 0 it returns the value of the $transid variable in the code. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I need something that returns 0 if not records are found and an accurate count if records are found. This seems like overkill to get a simple record count. Thanks, Thomas function recordcount($conn,$transid) { $sql = "SELECT...

MS Access Web Page with pictures?
I'm trying to create a catalog through Access that can be posted on-line. I have set it all up, but in designing the "access page" I cannot get the OLE objects (pictures of the products) to appear. It only allows me to insert pictures from files, in which case the picture doesn't change with the record. If I try to add the OLE object as a control in design view it gives me an error message.... help! ...

php dsnless connection for MS Access
I've been working on learning how to use PHP with MS Access, and as long as I use ODBC, I can make it work. I want to use a DSNless connection. Everthing I have tried has failed. Can anyone show me a simple example? MrsBean there are no Jet or MS Access library functions in the default PHP. there is no way to do a dsn-less connection with PHP. You are stuck with ODBC. There are multiple ways to use the DSN, such as COM. I found this in the notes section of the extended CHM manual of PHP when I searched for "MS Access" but it is a DSN connection... Hello! This code ...

Why do PHP emails (that come from a PHP web site) go into the junk email inbox?
Why do PHP emails (that come from a PHP web site) go into the junk email inbox? zorag wrote: > Why do PHP emails (that come from a PHP web site) go into the junk email > inbox? Probably better to ask whoever provides your e-mail filtering software. -- Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS Contact Me ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact zorag schrieb: > Why do PHP emails (that come from a PHP web site) go into the junk email > inbox? This has nothing to do with PHP in special, but more with email sent from web-servers's in general. Spam is a complex them. You mails may get...

Mysql Multiple Update in a PHP Web Page
I need to create a form using multiple quantities that can be updated by one single update. eg: (HTML PAGE) <form method="post" enctype = "multipart/formdata"> <? do { ?> <?php echo $row_rsBasket['id']; ?> <input name="qty" type="text" value="<?php echo $row_rsBasket['qty']; ?>" size="3"> <? } while ($row_rsBasket = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsBasket)); ?> <input type="hidden" name="send" value="true"> <input type ="submit" name = "upd...

AL-USA-PHP/DATABASE WEB HELP
I NEED HELP FROM A PERSON WHO WOULD ASSIST ME WITH INTEGRATION OF PHP SCRIPTS AD THE SETTING UP OF DATABASES PLEASE RESOND TO BOBBIE_BEST_TATTOO@YAHOO.COM RENUMERATION CAN BE DISCUSSED THANK YOU ROBERT ...

php accessing MS-SQL Server on windows
I will be creating a small web site using php/apache/SQL Server running on a Win2000 server. It sounds as if there a number of alternatives for accessing SQL Server: mssql* functions, ADOdb object, using a ADO COM object, ODBC calls, etc. Has anybody out there evaluated the alternatives for speed, error handling, quality of documentation, etc? TIA Don't use ADO COM--it leaks memory when used in PHP. The mssql_* functions have the problem of truncating varchars longer than 255 characters (need to cast them to text type first), but work fine otherwise. Do not use the MSSQL functions...

Best PHP Training | PHP Development Training | PHP Training Institute
Tops Technologies provides php and mysql certification courses in ahmedabad, baroda, surat, Rajkot, Udaipur, Gujarat, india.PHP Training with MySQL is an introductory course in the PHP and MySQL technology. Mysql and php training course, php for beginners, sql training courses, PHP Training courses, php courses, mysql training courses, php mysql course. For More Details :- http://www.tops-int.com ...

fyi - combination of outlook and php
Hi Folk Some of my clients asked me to create "fancy emails" for them (aka html formatted emails). I know how to make a nice html document, but I had trouble creating a simple way to provide the document to my clients so that they could use it to. I know most of them use Outlook XP or Outlook 2003, so what I created was a page that creates a Visual Basic script that, when saved to the desktop and clicked (run), opens a message in outlook using the html provided. To see this in action, please go to : http://www.rakau.com/station/index.php I would love to have some feedback. ...

PHP + MS Access + How to increase the speed scripts are executed at.
Hi, Background: I have written a Call Logging and Reporting System using PHP that integrates with an existing MS Access Database. The information in the database is all held in flat tables with no relationships (I don't know why they did this) and the users are currently using VBA forms to enter info into the database, this meant that each time someone wanted to do a report of the call's recorded over the last week that they would have to go throught the database themselves and compile a report (e.g. re-type the info into excel or something). I'm using PHP/GD to generate bar/pie ...

AL-USA-PHP/DATABASE WEB HELPWANTED/EMPLOYMENT
I NEED HELP FROM A PERSON WHO WOULD ASSIST ME WITH INTEGRATION OF PHP SCRIPTS AD THE SETTING UP OF DATABASES PLEASE RESOND TO BOBBIE_BEST_TATTOO@YAHOO.COM RENUMERATION CAN BE DISCUSSED THANK YOU R ...

Using PHP & MySQL to display web pages
I am a real novice to php and MySQL, with about a week's worth of reading and self tutoring. I have an urgent need to publish a database of information and need some guidance on how to do this. This question might be more suited to a MySQL newsgroup, but since php and MySQL seem to have become almost married to one another, and since getting the data out and displaying it is where my problem seems to lie, I thought I would start with this php group. The problem is I can not figure out how to put information into a MySQL database and get it out and correctly dislay it for the web. More correctly I have two types of data I need to get in and out. 1. I have some web page content, not inlcuding borders, that is in html format. So I have tried saving the html code, which looks exactly like the code when you "view source" on a web page, into MySQL and getting it out. I can get it out, but I have not figured out how to make it act like html, i.e. to be interpreted by the browsers. Instead it comes out looking exactly like html code. It is not being interperted by the browser. 2. I would prefe instead of typing in html code for the content of a page to type in instead the text, tables, lists, etc. Here is where my problem lies, how do I input to MySQL relatively simple web pages that may have a table, a list, some links, a picture? 3. How do I call up and use the data from MySQL an dget this to display for the web? By the way, I have been learning css, s...

Web resources about - Scrolling problem with php web page - problem with IE or PHP? - comp.databases.ms-access

Scrolling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer displays , filmmaking , television production , and other kinetic displays, scrolling is sliding text, images or video across a monitor ...

Platform update: infinite scrolling, stream filters, user support, more
Facebook’s latest platform update includes infinite scrolling for the apps and games dashboard and API support for News Feed filters. The company ...

ScrollIt: display scrolling messages with emoticons on the App Store on iTunes
Get ScrollIt: display scrolling messages with emoticons on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Google AdSense Ads Scrolling Now Default? - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More at www.seroundtable.com/archives/016753.html

Apple iPhone 5 scrolling glitch demo - YouTube
The iPhone 5 has for the most part proved that the hardware and software at work are robust and efficient. Sure Apple Maps has caused people ...

Google updates Chrome for Android with better scrolling, pinch-zooming, audio playback, and HTML5 support ...
Google just update its Chrome app for Android. The latest version hit Google Play on Wednesday afternoon and notably includes improved scrolling ...

Forstall on inertial scrolling: Steve told Samsung ‘here’s something we invented. Don’t copy it. Don’t ...
... redacted deposition. The SVP appears to have claimed the now-late CEO Steve Jobs once told Samsung not to copy or steal the inertial scrolling, ...

Samsung Galaxy S IV to feature 'eye scrolling', report says
Samsung's next Galaxy smartphone might be controlled by nothing more than the user's eyes, according to a new report in advance of its March ...

Diesel Parallax Scrolling
... parallax, parallax… Is every brand onto this? An immersive web experience with detailed technical information on products. Parallax scrolling ...

Silent Film Festival's Trailers Use Instagram Scrolling to Simulate Look of Old Movies - Adweek
... in practice. The flipbook-style fusion of old and new technologies is a cool concept (check out the trailers here, here and here), but scrolling ...