Show Text box on Top of another Text Box

Hi,

I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are m=
et it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top of=
 it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) an=
d have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the condit=
ional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text.

How do I do that?

Thanks,
Barry

On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright
<barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are=
 met it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top =
of it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) =
and have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the cond=
itional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text.

> How do I do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Barry

Why not overlay the textbox and set Visible =3D False.  Then when true
change to Visible =3D True.
Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote in
9:

> Hi,
>
> I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain
> conditions are met it display either Green or Red. I want to put
> another text box on top of it (this text box is smaller than the
> "conditional formating" text box) and have the the text in this
> text box displayed. Basically I want the conditional text box to
> form a colour border around the displayed text.
>
> How do I do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Barry

You do it just like you wrote: you put the larger textbox on the
form, then create the smaller textbox above, beside or below and drag
it over the first one.

Yoy couldd also drag the larger over the smaller, then use Format->
Send to Back from the Menubar. .

Make sure that your smaller textbox has a solid background, not
transparent, in order to get the border only.

Alternatively, I've used VBA code to change the border color of a
textbox from the Detail On Format event.

--
Bob Q.
PA is y I've altered my address.
On Monday, April 2, 2012 9:57:23 AM UTC-4, Patrick Finucane wrote:
> On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright
> <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions a=
re met it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on to=
p of it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box=
) and have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the co=
nditional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text.

> > How do I do that?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Barry
>=20
> Why not overlay the textbox and set Visible =3D False.  Then when true
> change to Visible =3D True.

On Monday, April 2, 2012 9:57:23 AM UTC-4, Patrick Finucane wrote:
> On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright
> <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions a=
re met it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on to=
p of it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box=
) and have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the co=
nditional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text.

> > How do I do that?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Barry
>=20
> Why not overlay the textbox and set Visible =3D False.  Then when true
> change to Visible =3D True.

I want to always show the text in the top text box. Bob's method worked bes=
t for me. Thanks
On Apr 2, 5:24=A0pm, Bob Quintal <rquin...@sPAmpatico.ca> wrote:
> Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote innews:212=
24033.2400.1333297115162.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbbdy
> 9:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain
> > conditions are met it display either Green or Red. I want to put
> > another text box on top of it (this text box is smaller than the
> > "conditional formating" text box) and have the the text in this
> > text box displayed. Basically I want the conditional text box to
> > form a colour border around the displayed text.
>
> > How do I do that?
>
> > Thanks,
> > Barry
>
> You do it just like you wrote: you put the larger textbox on the
> form, then create the smaller textbox above, beside or below and drag
> it over the first one.
>
> Yoy couldd also drag the larger over the smaller, then use Format->
> Send to Back from the Menubar. .
>
> Make sure that your smaller textbox has a solid background, not
> transparent, in order to get the border only.
>
> Alternatively, I've used VBA code to change the border color of a
> textbox from the Detail On Format event.
>
> --
> Bob Q.
> PA is y I've altered my address.

Thanks Bob, that worked well. The crucial missing link was the "Send
to Back".

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using...

Box of text with width of another text
Hi, how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of another? For example, is there a command like \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? Best regars, Paul Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \usepackage{calc} \makebox[\widthof{$T$}]{$T_a$} Ciao Enrico Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \llap{$T_a$}\phantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \rlap{$T_a$}\hphantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. ...

mouse rollover text shows popup text box
Looking for a cut and past script. Mouse rollover text shows a text box. Any help will be so appreciated. Email to informedone@gmail.com Thanks, Scott Wilson Crestview, Florida. Informedone wrote: > Looking for a cut and past script. Mouse rollover text shows a text > box. Any help will be so appreciated. <URL: http://www.google.com.au/search?q=javascript+tooltip&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official > > Email to informedone@gmail.com No. -- Rob ...

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks in advance Colin Colin, why don't you create the combobox, with from a table or query with all the information you need and use cboComboboxname.column(0), cboComboboxname.colum(1) etc etc...to populate the fields you want? HTH Michael "Colin Ward" <cward002@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:2a660c80.0308010710.26b3257@posting.google.com... > Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose > a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the > same form to display the description of that product. right now I can > get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to > what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description > which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. > > here is the code: > > Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() > txtP...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

Combo box dependent on another combo box, text part is blank
Hi, I have a form with several combo boxes, continuous form format, with record source a query off an Item Table. The fields are Category, Subcategory, and Color. I am displaying descriptions, not ID's, so I have to convert the ID's from various lookup tables. The combo boxes work fine except for subcategory, which is dependent on category. Depending on category, the drop-down box for subcategory will display different items. (for example, when Category is Furniture, Subcategory will display drop-down list of 'Dresser, Nightstand, Desk...". Without clicking on the drop...

Re: How can labview update the string control (text-edit box) after we have pressed the carriage return key on the keyboard during text-editing within that box?
Hello Alberto, &nbsp; I have trouble to edit an exited text file and save it after the content changed. Can you please&nbsp;help me out? &nbsp; Thanks, Jason&nbsp; ...

How to get text in text box to wrap?
The variable {job-name} in this code snippet does NOT wrap, resulting in the text running off the page. How would I get job-name to word wrap? pageWidth 36 mul % x = pageWidth * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 36 mul % y = pageHeight * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 2 mul add % y += 1 line 2 copy % Copy X & Y moveto (Title: ) RIGHT moveto ({job-name}) show This postscript file is from the CUPS printing application on a Linux system. Here is the complete file: FILE: /usr/share/cups/banners/standard %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792 %%Pages: 1 %%LanguageLevel: 1 %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit %%DocumentSuppliedResources: procset bannerprint/1.0 %%DocumentNeededResources: font Helvetica Helvetica-Bold Times-Roman %%Creator: Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products %%CreationDate: May 10, 2000 %%Title: Test Page %%EndComments %%BeginProlog %%BeginResource procset bannerprint 1.1 0 % % PostScript banner page for the Common UNIX Printing System ("CUPS"). % % Copyright 1993-2005 Easy Software Products % % These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the % property of Easy Software Products and are protected by Federal % copyright law. Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file % "LICENSE.txt" which should have been included with this file. If this % file is missing or damaged please contact Easy Software Products % at: % % Attn: CUPS Licensing Information % Easy Software Products % 44141 Airport View Drive...

Deselecting text in input text box
I have a text input box and I don't want the text to be selected either when the user tabs to the item or if the user clicks on it. Now the function below which I found from 2002 in the archive works fine for IE 6 but it works in neither Netscape 7 nor Firefox 1.0. I'm hoping some of you might have an alternative suggestion or insight for Netscape and Firefox. Code that works in IE6: function clearSelection () { if (document.selection) document.selection.empty(); else if (window.getSelection) window.getSelection().removeAllRanges(); } <input type="text" name=...

Remove extraneous text in a text box
I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything except the folder path and file name? It's too much for me. C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\ = Foldername FileName.xls = Filename Bjarne "musicloverlch" skrev i meddelelsen news:3b273dd8-e1c7-43e9-84dc-2b9aee46ded6@e40g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything except the folder path and file name? It's too much for me. The text must come from some VBA coding... Checkout VBA module for the form where the text box belongs, and search for the text... Correct the VBA code to what u need...(Folder and FileName) Bjarne "bsn" skrev i meddelelsen news:4e2dfb3d$0$56791$edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk... C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\ = Foldername FileName.xls = Filename Bjarne "musicloverlch" skrev i meddelelsen news:3b273dd8-e1c7-43e9-84dc-2b9aee46ded6@e40g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything excep...

Different text styles in the same text box
I am developing a bibliographic database. I am creating a report with bibliographic references like this: - Joyce, Ulysses, London, Penguin Press, 2002. The last string has been obtained by an expression like this: [author] & [text] & [city] & [publisher] & [date] Now there's a problem. I'd like to get different styles for the different fields (ex: italics for the author, underlined for the book title, etc). Is it possible? Thanks in advance Davide If I'm not mistaken there is a rich-text control that comes with VB that would allow you to do this, but I don't t...

Combo box fills text box
Hello again, I have a form that fills a text box with data according to the selection in the combo box. Two questions please: 1) The combo box does not have a control source so when opening the form, the combo box is empty but the text box already contains the first record. What do I need to do to either have both the combo box and text box empty on open or have both contain the first record on open. (If it takes VBA code, please point me in the right direction as I have not worked with it since '99). 2) I'm getting a runtime error 3077 on one of the records. I checked it to see i...

Text box linked to combo box
Good day, I am new to Access and need a question answered please. I have a form based on a table (tblQualityEmployees), for some of the fields it looks up a value in another table (tblGroups). The tblQualityEmployees consists of the following: EmployeeID FirstName LastName Group1 Group2 Group3 Group4 Group5 The tblGroups consists of the following: GroupID Groups Description What i want to do is, in the form have text box that displays the Group description next to each group. I tried making the "Control Source" field Group1 combo. This brings in the relevant ID number which is...

Highlight text and Text Box Control
C5.0b PE legacy Hello! I have one invoice application with the text area for variable customer announcement. It is now filled and printed using the standard Arial characters. Is there any easy and cheap method to highlight these messages? (Compare "Word text") TIA Riku Maki ...

Access 2007 Special Effect Text Box Won't show Sunken with Windows XP
Hi All I am just getting to grips with Access 2007 and one of the quirks I have found is that when I design using Windows in XP Windows-Classic colors and set the text boxes on forms' special effect property to "sunken" They appear as sunken in the correct manner. However, when I change to the Windows XP color scheme the forms text boxes appear flat even though the special effect property has not changed. Any ideas or is it a new quirk we have to live with. I haven't tried it with Vista yet. That should be interesting Thanks Bob I am quite sure this is the same for acce...

Add new text box after entered text
Hello, I have an application that I'm building but I'm getting stuck on a few things. 1. I have a slider to select how many "sections" to have, this will then build a table of text boxes for a title in one column, and in the other column there will be 2 text boxes for an "option name" and "value". (I got this part) 2. When someone finishes entering the title, and one option/value then clicks off of the last box I want to create a new one for that option. If they don't enter a value for both I don't want it to show another group of text boxes. Ques...

Listbox based on text box and combo box.
On an unbound form, I have a combobox called 'cboproducttype' and a text box called 'txtamountappliedfor'. I have an Add button that I would like the user to be able to hit once a product and amount applied for has been entered. This should populate an unbound listbox to display their selections. A user can select one or more sets of product types and the amount applied for. They should also have the functionality to remove a 'set' if they made a mistake without the need to rebuild the whole listbox of selections. Then - I want to loop through the listbox of select...

passing text fom text box to sql
Hi I hope someone can help me simplified scenario The situation: microsoft access 2000 TABLE is a list of surnames SQL query is SELECT surname FROM table WHERE surname =("SomeSurname") FORM has a buttons and a text box I want to be able to type "SomeSurname" into Text Box and then click button to run SQL query with SomeSurname and open results in a datasheet sheet View I try as i may I can not do thisI have tried DoCmd OpenQuery DoCmd.RunSQL ect any help appreciated Boris, AIR CODE ALERT I assume tboxSurname and btnSearch exist on some form. The form also has a su...

Auto-Fill text box from list box
To All: There is a list box populated with text (ie.names of places). A user makes a selection by scrolling through and double-clicking in the list box. This selection is then shown in a text box. How can I eliminate the user's need to scroll through the list box and double-clicking the selections? Is there a way of automatically filling the text box with matches from the list box as the user is typing in the text box? There seems to be no direct autofill property based on user input at runtime. All help appreciated. Z "Zuzka" <zuzkamiernik@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

R ePassing text from text box to sql
Thanks To Pieter and Iago for your help Regards Boris ...

Populate text boxes with combo box selection
I need to populate text boxes for instance with employee information using their unique employee works number selected from a combo box. Can anyone help, I am told thru visual basic this can be achieved. godber wrote: > I need to populate text boxes for instance with employee information > using their unique employee works number selected from a combo box. > Can anyone help, I am told thru visual basic this can be achieved. You can do it without VBA. Add extra columns to the combo box Set the width of the columns to 0 if you want to hide them In the text bnoxes you want to show the...

I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I...
I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I would like to highlight old text with click of mouse and type in new data from keyboard I have a text control string box with some initial text (says: Please enter Name). I would like the operator to click on the text control box and have it automatically highlight so that when new data is typed in the old erases (all at once) and the new data is now in the text box. I tried using the "Text.Selection" property node and when I run it and put the mouse inside the text box the initial text is highlighted and if I press "de...

How do I 'SELECT All' text in a text box
I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command butten. Thank for help Dave Try this... Private Sub Command1_Click() With Text1 .SelStart = 0 .SelLength = Len(.Text) .SetFocus End With End Sub Rick - MVP "Dave" <last2try@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:fo0b90h0j9imbvntdea3uu2mefth5teufr@4ax.com... > I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command > butten. > > Thank for help > Dave ...

Web resources about - Show Text box on Top of another Text Box - comp.databases.ms-access

Criminal blockades are now apparently the norm at Trump rally protests
The disturbing pattern of liberals conflating the idea of protests or free speech with criminal disruption of commerce and infrastructure continued ...

Istanbul suicide bomber identified as Islamic State member: minister
Turkey has identified the suicide bomber behind Saturday's attack in Istanbul as a member of Islamic State born in the southern Turkish city ...

The Latest: Havana seafront quiet ahead of Obama visit
HAVANA (AP) — The Latest on President Barack Obama's trip to Cuba (all times local):

More than a dozen students killed in Spain bus crash
CBS News More than a dozen students killed in Spain bus crash CBS News MADRID - A bus carrying university students back from a fireworks festival ...

'Bodies Were Ricocheting Off the Bus,' says Student of Indiana Crash
"It was just crazy" high school senior Martin Schiele tells ABC News.

Everything you need to know about the Hulk Hogan sex tape lawsuit that could cost Gawker over $115 million ...
On Friday , Gawker Media lost a gigantic lawsuit over the publication of a sex tape in 2012, brought against it by former pro wrestler Hulk Hogan, ...

Pope in Palm Sunday homily decries indifference to refugees
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis in his Palm Sunday homily decried what he called indifference to the refugees flooding into Europe, making a ...

Indiana And Kentucky Lived Up To Every Bit Of The Hype
Indiana beat Kentucky 73-67 in the second round of the 2016 NCAA Tournament Saturday, but there might as well have been a trip to the Final Four ...

Kasich says no to being a running mate on Republican ticket
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican presidential candidate John Kasich is taking himself out of the running for running mate.

Hikers Find Skull Near Hollywood Sign
Daily Beast Hikers Find Skull Near Hollywood Sign Daily Beast According to authorities, hikers in Los Angeles found a human skull near the ...