size font on a text box

How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of
character (>25 characters the font size 12 )

0
steka2 (28)

Something like this...  Use the textbox's Exit event.

Private Sub txtBox_Exit(Cancel As Integer)
    If Len(Me!txtBox) > 25 Then
        Me!txtBox.FontSize = 12
    Else
        Me!txtBox.FontSize = 10    ' your default here
    End If
End Sub

"Themis Parintas ste kardias" <steka2@otenet.gr> wrote in message
> How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of
> character (>25 characters the font size 12 )

0
wiseowl (90)

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using...

How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?
Hi, I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with "standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical drawings, schemes and diagrams. (My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and many many graphs... I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with Windows XP.) I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the document... Should the text in the grap...

Setting font size of text box in VBA
I want to be able to set the font size and font type for text in a text box on a report using VBA. I wan't to be able to control it from a setting in a table. The problem is that I don't know the syntax for setting either font type or font size for a text box on a report. Does anyone know? Help. Please! dixie ctlTextBox.Height = 1440 'size in twips: 1440 = 1 inch ctlTextBox.Width = 2880 'size in twips: 1440 = 1 inch 'so you can see the area covered by the textbox ctlTextBox.BackColor = RGB(255, 255, 0) ctlTextBox.FontSize = 20 ctlTextBox.FontName = "Comic San...

Saving Rich Text Box Data to Access Database
I have need to save formatted rich text data to an access database, is such a thing possible. I have tried various data type, but nothing seems to work Thanks Derrick you should be able to do it with the data type 'memo' You would need to save the TextRFT of the RichTextBox to a Field in the database (Make the field a Memo datatype to allow for size), and when you want to retrieve it, do a query on that field and set the TextRFT of the RichTextBox to the value (which would be a String) of the field. Ivar ...

RE: Setting font size of text box in VBA
dixie, OK, now that I know (I think) what you're trying to do, let's assume you have a number value in a field named [MoveText] in a table. [MoveText] is included in the Report's RecordSource. The Address controls are placed in the Detail section of the report. I'll assume there are controls in other report sections you do not wish to move, but you do wish to move all the controls in the Detail section. Code the Detail format event: ' Reset 5 address controls to a beginning left position [LastName].Left = 0 ' at the left margin [FirstName].Left = 0 ' at the ...

MS-Access 2007. Report. Text box format problem
Hi, I am new to MS-Access. I have created a very simple report in MS-Access based on an imported Excel spreadsheet. The individual costs are held in field "Item Cost". Each instance of the field is displayed on the report and the field has NO Format property associated. On the report the field displays with a currency symbol and two decimal places - which is what I want. I guess the currency format of the field is being picked up from the original Excel spreadsheet. I have in the report footer the total of "Item Cost" which is calculated by =Sum([Item Cost]). ...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want ...

MS Access
I've got a bound report with a query as the record source. I'm adding a total to the footer and have inserted a text box to display it. I'm attempting to set the control source of the text box to a different sum aggregate query using the expression builder. When I select the query and it's single field, single row field it inserts the following in the control source box for the text box. =[Qrydetsum_offtotal]![Office_total] I've tested the query ( Qrydetsum_offtotal ) independently and it runs and returns a single value each time for the calculated field, Office_total. But when the report runs it simply displays #error. As an alternative I've tried to load the result of the query into a variable and then reference the variable in the control source of the text box, but when I do that, nothing seems to happen. I'm sort of new to VBA, so if anyone has suggestions about how to do this or a simpler way, I'd appreciate the input. Thanks, Bob Bob: If you are looking up a single value then the DLookup function will probably work. There is also a DSum function when you need to calculate a sum from a table or query different from the record source. Information on both of these can be found in Access Help. -- David Lloyd MCSD .NET http://LemingtonConsulting.com This response is supplied "as is" without any representations or warranties. "Bob" <rmcintire@network-spectrum.com> wrote in message news:111768...

MS Access Database File Size smaller then previous version
I am novice to MS Access Development, I regularly back my access database every 2, 3 days ...today when I was going to back my database I saw the access file on the network drive was only 9 MB in size, while the backup files that I had saved few days back were 258 MB in size. And the network drive is where the database is saved on. Can anyone suggest something why or how I can track what happend or a way to compare the backup database with the new database to see where they differ.. how to compare table size or forms size in the 2 database, anyone aware of any bugs that could cuz a ...

Access Report Footer displaying the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer
How can I (if I can) display the sum of a text box values in the Detail in another text box in the page's footer? For example, I have a text box called "txtPoints" in the detail which displays the total points for a current activity. As it cycles through all the activities it displays the various points for each activity. In the page's footer I want to display the total points. Here's what I have in the control source for the totals textbox: =Sum([txtPoints].[Text]) but that doesn't work. Any suggestions? On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 23:17:03 GMT, Richard Hollenbe...

Get the real type of columns from MS Access databases(OLEObject, text, memo, numeric)
Hello, I made one application that opens MS Access databases.And I have one problem.How can I find the real data type of columns(text, memo, OLEObject, numeric) like it is into Access.I tried with resultSetMetaData.getColumnType(columnIndex) but I receive java.sql.Types.I have two columns that contains OLEObjects(images).But I receive two different types for columns : VARCHAR once, and for second column SMALLINT.I only want to see the types like in Access(OLEObjects, Text, Numeric, Memo...).Thanks in advance! Best regards, Calin Pop ...

access to MS Access password-protected database?
Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. Thanks, Ken On Feb 11, 10:43=A0am, Ken McDonald <kmmcdon...@medicine.wisc.edu> wrote: > Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python =A0 > to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google = =A0 > searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. > > Thanks, > Ken You post is a little vague...

This is the code that I found on the internet for accessing an ms access database: import java.sql.*; class Test { public static void main(String[] args) { try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); // set this to a MS Access DB you have on your machine String filename = "d:/java/mdbTEST.mdb"; String database = "jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ="; database+= filename.trim() + ";DriverID=22;READONLY=true}"; // add on to the end ...

Hi! Is there a MATLAB command which gives access to a .mdb MS Access database or do I need a special driver? Thanks, Andree Hi Andree Ellert, you can use activeXcontrol to interact with MS-Access database. access = actxserver('Access.Application'); returns the handle for Access. set(access, 'Visible', 1); will show the opened Access window. use get(access) and set(access) commands to find the methods available to call. -Vadivelu M =========== http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/database/datatool.shtml "Andree Ellert" <ellert@gmx.net////...

Font size in text Field and text Area
I am using swing. I want to reduce the size of the font in text areas and text fields to fit more in. Is there an easy to do this?? Mark On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:42:15 GMT, "Mark and Ingrid Nugent" <nugget@in.com.au> wrote or quoted : >I am using swing. I want to reduce the size of the font in text areas and >text fields to fit more in. Is there an easy to do this?? see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/font.html You can setFont individually, or change the LAF. -- Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming. See http://m...

I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how can i make client access database located on the server? "HeMan_Speaks" <Lunar20092010@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d71ce567-0434-48b8-b1d2-bb191706ab45@w8g2000prd.googlegroups.com... >I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how > can i make client access database located on the server? I think you're going to have to expand a little bit more in your question here, as is not 100% quite clear what you're trying to do. You might want to make a little bit of a d...

What is the best way, via the internet, to access a remote Microsoft Access database? I was thinking of using VPN, but I thought that I would check here to see if there is a better way. Any suggestions? Thanks Do you mean remotely controlling an Access database, or linking tables over the internet? The first is doable, the second is a recipe for disaster. Remote Control: If your remote OS is Windows XP, you can use Remote Desktop (although only 1 person can access the PC at a time; this will change in the upcoming Service Pack for XP, but that may not help you now). Otherw...

Font combo box with font preview in MS-Office
Hi all, You've all seen the font combo-box in MS-Word which lists the fonts available, with a preview of what the fonts look like. I have been wondering how this was achieved, and would be glad if anyone could explain, or provide a link to some tutorial/source code which explains how this effect can be replicated in VB6. Thanks, R. "Rainbull" <rainbull@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:423754b6_4@x-privat.org... > You've all seen the font combo-box in MS-Word which lists the > fonts available, with a preview of what the fonts look like. I have > been ...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide...

Redhat Apache to access MS-Access Database through PHP
Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows how to make this work. I have Redhat Liux ES v2.1 Server Apache 1.3 PHP 4.0 a MS-Access MDB file (just the file, already created) The MS-Access file is already in the Redhat Linux server. Is there a way I can make Apache & PHP to access this MS-Access MDB file? Thank you. ...

Database connection to MS Access & MS Foxpro
Hi, When we select new project ,can "MFC AppWizard(exe)" make connection to database ? or only "database project" can make connection to database ? How do i make connection to database(MS Access/Foxpro) and perform sql using MFC Appwizard(exe) with ODBC --CDatabase? Any sample code ? Thanks. CBTan wrote: > Hi, > > When we select new project ,can "MFC AppWizard(exe)" make connection > to database ? or only "database project" can make connection to > database ? > > How do i make connection to database(MS Acce...

Web resources about - size font on a text box - comp.databases.ms-access

Size - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bill Morneau Set To Reveal Size Of Government's Deficit 54
Trudeau's team told HuffPost the move is about being open and transparent.

Google plans to double the size of Kirkland engineering office
Signaling a broader investment in the region, Google on Tuesday announced plans to double the size of its Kirkland-based engineering team as ...

Break up big banks? Why size isn't the real issue
The financial system does contain the seeds within it to bring it all down but not because some banks are too big

Life-Size BB-8 Floor Lamp is Brilliant
We’re all about BB-8 toys, but when we’re talking about everyone’s favorite new droid, bigger is always better. Life-size BB-8 toys are slowly ...

Mid-size brewers join forces
Two of craft beer's best-known mid-sized breweries are joining forces in a bid for scale.

Airbus Patents Adjustable Seats For People Of Every Size, In-Seat Storage That Eliminates All Legroom ...
... room remains. Let’s deal with the more passenger-friendly patent first: an airplane seat that could accommodate humans of just about any size. ...

Tucker Carlson Gripes About Plus-Size Model: 'Keep Politics Out Of My Swimsuit Issue'
... Carlson complained on Sunday that the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue had become too "political" because the 2016 edition includes plus-size ...

The First Plus Size Model Just Made The Cover Of SI Swimsuit: ‘This Is Epic’
The First Plus Size Model Just Made The Cover Of SI Swimsuit: ‘This Is Epic’

CPT ships 32.43 million small- to medium-size panels in January
TFT-LCD panel maker Chunghwa Picture Tubes (CPT) shipped 32.43 million small- to medium-size panels in January, rising 16.5% on month but dipping ...