Subquery Fields Null

I am linking two queries in Access.  One has data in several fields
such as: Name, Year, Amount, CumTotal1, CumTotal2 where the cumulative
total fields are two subqueries generating cumulative totals based on
the Name, Year, and Amount (e.g. (select sum([Amount]) from Query1 as
q1 where q1.name = query1.name and q1.year <= query1.year)).  When I
run Query1 the cumulative totals show up.  However, when I inner join
Query1 on Name to another query (this second query has been desinged to
select only the names I want to use) the values from the two cumulative
total fields show up blank.  I'm using Access 2002 file format, and I
have sucesfully joined tables with subqueries at other times.  Any
thoughts on what I'm missing would be appreciated.--Dan

0
sport099 (4)

Put Name inside square brackets because it may be trigger a Reserved
Term Confusion.

--
Bas Cost Budde, Holland
http://www.heuveltop.nl/BasCB/msac_index.html

0
b.costbudde (454)

How to link fields in MS word document to Access database
Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an access database? What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in an Access database. I also want to later select the document (from a file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields from the database. Of course if there are then any updates I want to put them back into the database. Workable? Anyone with sample code? Bob Alston On Jun 10, 6:21=A0pm, Bob Alston <bobalst...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an > access database? Hello Bob, Instead of Word documents I use RTF-documents. RTF-documents act just like Word documents in Word. The difference is that RFT-documents are plain text-files, and can easily be processed in Access to find - with the appropriate placeholders - the filled in information. HBInc. > > What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields > word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be > opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in > an Access database. =A0I also want to later select the document (from a > file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields > from the database. =A0Of course if there are then ...

Problem concatenating memo fields in MS access database
I have an access database form where I have a button that is supposed to be appending the contents of 1 memo field to another is behaving non-predictably. The code is: Me![ToDo] = Me![ToDo] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies1] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies2] Me![Meds] = Me![MedsEntered] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![IVF] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Diet] DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70 Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? Could there be a casting problem? (I just want to append the text of 1 field to another field - am I actually assigning objects this way?) Any help would be greatly appreciated. GH ghadley_00@yahoo.com I have managed this in a report without the $ sign e.g. =[FirstName] & " " & [lastname] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & IIf([job title] Is Not Null,[job title] & Chr(13) & Chr(10),"") It does not use memo fields but I would think they would work OK? James <ghadley_00@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1131535433.245165.221450@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have an access database form where I have a button that is supposed > to be appending the contents of 1 memo field to another is behaving > non-predictably. The code is: > > Me![ToDo] = Me![ToDo] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies1] & > Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies2] > Me![Meds] = Me![MedsEnter...

HELP! Retriving field names and properties from MS Access database using ASP
Hi everyone! I have a really frustrating error and need help. I&#8217;m trying to do a function that gets the properties and names of the fields in a MS Access database using ASP. I haven&#8217;t programmed in a while so I&#8217;m quite lost. Once I have the my database structure I will insert the corresponding fields from a web form but the database is huge and I want to be able to change the database and form without changing the ASP code all the time. This is my function that is not working yet. I cant seem to connect properly to the database... Function InsertDataBase() ...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

Web resources about - Subquery Fields Null - comp.databases.ms-access

Cycle detection with recursive subquery factoring
Oracle SQL can do hierarchical queries since v2, using their proprietary CONNECT BY syntax. In their latest 11g release 2, they added recursive ...

Platform Updates: Operation Developer Love
Since last Wednesday's update , we published a Developer Spotlight on Tripl , launched a new Notifications API to reach users 1:1 , and Updates ...

Set (abstract data type) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer science , a set is an abstract data structure that can store certain values, without any particular order , and no repeated values. ...

Social networks stick with MySQL
Facebook, Twitter upgrade, but eye alternatives.

AVQuery Class Reference
Creates a AVQuery with the constraints given by predicate. The following types of predicates are supported:* Simple comparisons such as =, !=, ...

security_barrier
Whoops! As you can see, the user-supplied predicate function was considered to be cheaper to run than the other tests, so it was passed every ...

NOT IN with NULLs in the Subquery - The 9 Minute Snooze
The LEFT JOIN returned the same results as the NOT EXISTS version. Why did the NOT IN query return 0 results? Since it was a beautiful day and ...

Saberizing a Mac #7: Year-to-year correlations
I had a few requests this weekend for assistance creating year-to-year correlation tests, so I felt this may be a helpful topic to cover for ...

Breaking the SQL Barrier: Google BigQuery User-Defined Functions
Posted by, Thomas Park, Senior Software Engineer, Google BigQuery Many types of computations can be difficult or impossible to express in SQL. ...

Eight Sound Reasons Not to Use MySQL
We asked two open-source experts to identify reasons IT managers should—and shouldn't—reach for MySQL. Here's why and when to give it the thumbs ...