Switch Between Form View and Datasheet View

Hi All,

I have a subfrm on a form. When on the subfrm I can go to the Access
Menu/View/Subform and switch between form and datasheet view. How do I
do this using VBA?

I see lots of similar posts pointing to:
http://www.tkwickenden.clara.net/codeex/282.htm
but that link is no longer available.

Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers,
Barry
-1

On Apr 26, 11:21=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright
<barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote:

Thanks, figured this out:
Under a button on the main form I simply put:

  If Form_subfrmClients2.CurrentView =3D acCurViewDatasheet Then  '2
Datasheet View
    Me.subfrmClients2.SetFocus
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSubformFormView
  ElseIf Form_subfrmClients2.CurrentView =3D acCurViewFormBrowse Then '1
Form View
    Me.subfrmClients2.SetFocus
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSubformDatasheetView
  End If

Cheers,
Barry

> Hi All,
>
> I have a subfrm on a form. When on the subfrm I can go to the Access
> Menu/View/Subform and switch between form and datasheet view. How do I
> do this using VBA?
>
> I see lots of similar posts pointing to:http://www.tkwickenden.clara.net/=
codeex/282.htm
> but that link is no longer available.
>
> Thanks for your assistance.
>
> Cheers,
> Barry

0
Barry

Why is sorting in the database view bad? (Form Properties > Datasheet View)
Why would one not want to sort records in a form using Form Properties > Datasheet View > Sort Ascending? It's the fastest way, isn't it? <sierrachang@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1130340930.933763.38030@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Why would one not want to sort records in a form using Form Properties >> Datasheet View > Sort Ascending? > > It's the fastest way, isn't it? No, the fastest way would be to sort in the Query or SQL you use as Record Source for the Form, I suspect. I don't give the users "datasheet view" i...

access 2007 and forms in datasheet view
Hi, I have a database from access 2000/2003. It has a subform that I have on my main form that is in datasheet view. Well using access 2007 the form comes up with only 1 record? Furthermore when I move from 1 record to another on the main form, the subform changes to that record. The master/child fields are empty in the properties of the subform...so this doesn't make sense. Also I tried creating a new subform and put it in my form...didn't do anything either... Any help appreciated. Open each form in design view, and set the new FilterOnLoad property to No. Post back if that doesn...

Switching between two columns in a form viewed as datasheet
Dear reader, I try to switch between to columns in a form showing as datasheet view. The id�e is to show one of the two columns in a datasheet. The problem is that the property visible yes and visible now dos not work in the data sheet view. Is there any one woo can help me with the right code in VBA to realize this visible yes/no column in a form presented as data sheet view. Thanks for any help, Simon van Beek begin 666 p.gif M1TE&.#EAB0`1`( !```3S/___R'Y! $```$`+ ````")`!$```+1C(^IR^T/ MHYRTVHNSWKS[#S[ 6(TFH)WD828H\RIO'$XQ+;L?/K,(_H,9@#4'KW'T')-# ...

Access 2003 performance on datasheet view of bound form
Recently converted the entire office to Access 2003 as a by-product of upgrading all users to XP sp2 and Office 2003. My performance on the Access 2003 datasheet view of a bound (to an underlying SQL Server view) is so slow the application now is unusable. There must be some additional settings that I am not aware of (I wrote all of the code on the back end .. and it has been optimized and runs extremely well). Current environment is Access 2003 sp2, SQL Server 2000. The datasheet view is selected for the form which has a view that it is bound to. Can I get some assistance to bolster perf...

View Access 2003 database in Access 2000
How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? rahulghai12@gmail.com wrote: > How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? > look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HP051863711033.aspx ...

How to call a function located in a form module (form open in form view) from an Access Basic global module?
I would like to call a function stored in a form module in Access 2.0 from an Access 2.0 procedure in a global module. Function EmailTheOutletters () in module AppSpecific... .... 560 SSNtext = SelectRandomSSNtext(SSN) .... End Function SelectRandomSSNtext() is the procedure in the form module. I would use the syntax shown in line #560 if I were calling the function from within another procedure inside the form module. Do I have to reference it any differently if calling it from outside the form module? I don't think this is possible with Access 2.0 Solution: Put your function in a glo...

Restore size Datasheet View Form on top of Maximized Form
That rather long subject says it. In Access97 running on XP - I want to display a Maximized size Form01, then open a Restore size Datasheet View Form02 on top of the first Form. PopUp won't give me Datasheet view. Dialog mode won't give me Datasheet view I could make Form01 Restore size and expand it to fill the Window in Restore size (maybe DoCmd.MoveSize Right, Down, Width, Height) - I don't want this. I could imitate a Datasheet with Form02 in Form Display mode - I don't want to do that. Access97 doesn't have WindowMode:=acDialog Pity. OK, where am I wrong or w...

Are embedded views (Views within views...) evil and if so why?
Fellow database developers, I would like to draw on your experience with views. I have a database that includes many views. Sometimes, views contains other views, and those views in turn may contain views. In fact, I have some views in my database that are a product of nested views of up to 6 levels deep! The reason we did this was. 1. Object-oriented in nature. Makes it easy to work with them. 2. Changing an underlying view (adding new fields, removing etc), automatically the higher up views inherit this new information. This make maintenance very easy. 3. These nested views are only ...

Difficulty displaying graph in Form View that I see fine in graph control on form opened in design view
A97 Am having difficulty displaying graph in Form View that I see fine in graph control on form opened in design view. I know I'm doing something wrong. If I open the form in design view - I see the graph in the graph control. If I dbl-clik the graph control, microsoft graph opens and displays the graph fine there too. But for some reason, it doesn't display in form view. The only thing that does display is the Chart Title (microsoft graph). The only control on the form is the graph control. MLH wrote: > A97 > > Am having difficulty displaying graph in Form View that I see...

2010: How To View Code From Design View Of Form?
In 2003, when a form was open in Design mode, I could do a View | Code. But in 2010, I find myself doing a Form.Properties, and then clicking on one of the form's events. View | Code is probably there in 2010, but where? -- Pete Cresswell I think what you're looking for is SQL view, you can select it from the views drop down on the Home tab "(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote in message news:9g4il99lnelrka574ck39mh7bc5cqs5ab0@4ax.com... > In 2003, when a form was open in Design mode, I could do a View | Code. > > But in 2010, I find mys...

Opening a form from datasheet view
I'm learning Access (2002) as I go, but I can't find how to open a form from a datasheet view. I want to be able to view records in the datasheet and click on a link to open a form to allow me to update the particular record I was viewing. I've been experimenting with hyperlinks but fear I may be barking up the wrong tree. Any help appreciated. On Sep 25, 12:26 am, "gnews" <gar...@club.net.nz> wrote: > I'm learning Access (2002) as I go, but I can't find how to open a form > from a datasheet view. > > I want to be able to view records in...

Opening form in datasheet view
I learned recently that I should never allow end users access to my tables, that if I want them to see that data in that format I should show them a datasheet form. I created a form for this purpose. When I double click on the form in the database window, it comes up in datasheet view. But I created a button in my switchboard to bring up this form, and it shows up with only one record showing, not the whole table. Is there some kind of special command to get it to do this? Right now, the button command is: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmdtsCWEmployeeAll" Why doesn't this open the form the ...

VIEW ONLY FORM ; is that possible in Access?
Hi guys, I would like to create a view only form in Access instead of a report. Is that possible and if yes: How shall I do it? Thanks in advance for any help! Cheers Frank FrankGrieg@gmx.de (Frank) wrote: > I would like to create a view only form in Access instead of a report. > Is that possible and if yes: How shall I do it? Set the appropriate properties such that edits, additions and deletions are not allowed. Regards, Keith. www.keithwilby.org.uk Depends on how you want it to look. The easiest way is to set the form's property of "Allow Edits" = Yes-->No. T...

Can I have a view of views?
I have a single form which has six pairs of fields on it. Each pair lists a pharmacy and whether or not it has been contacted. It's easy to make a view where the pairs are columns. Patient Pharm 1 Pharm 1 Contacted Pharm 2 Pharm 2 Contacted...etc Jane D CVS Yes Walgreens No Can I make a view, a la a relational database, where there is but a single pair of columns and multiple entries are listed by the pair? Concatenating the fields within a single form with ";" is not quite what I want. Can I create individual ...

Accessing the current view from Notesuiworkspace when the current view is in a frameset
I want to get the set of selected documents in a view in lotusscript. One of the properties of Notesuiworkspace class is CurrentView. By using this property you should be able to get the current view as a notesuiview object which in turn should give you a collection of currently selected documents. I have a manual agent which is invoked from an action on a frameset and in this manual agent I try to get the current view from the Notesuiworkspace. However the code :- dim workspace as new notesuiworkspace dim uiview as notesuiview set uiview = workspace.currentview does not return...

Hi, I need to use Ado (Vo2Ado) to import an Access database (mdb) to a SQLite database. In SQLite there is a system table called SQLITE_MASTER that holds some of the relevant information about the database. In this table there is a column named SQL that stores the DDL used to create the Tables and Views. I need the DDL used to create the Views in the mdb to recreate them in SQLite, but can't find nothing in their system tables. I know the DDL is there, somewhere, because I download a program that takes it out from a mdb, but I need to do it from my program. Does anyone kn...

views dependent on other views
Hello There, I'm trying to create a view that has calculations dependent on calculations, where the problem resides is that each time I make a calculation I must create an intermediate view so I can reference a previous calculation. for example lets say I have my_table that has columns a & b. now I want a view that has a & b, c = a + b, and d = c + 1. this is grossly simplified, the calculations I actually use are fairly complex and copying / pasting them is out of the question. so what I have is my_view_a which makes column c, and my my_view_final which makes column d (however...

View to view SQL
I'm not very good with SQL and would appreciate some advice. I have a view in 8.1.7.4 that retrieves nearly a hundred fields from five different tables. It's long but simple and straightforward, and has been working quite well for some time. I've just been told that I now need to also retrieve some SUMs and COUNTs from fields in another table. Rather than modifying this view with 100 Group BYs, I wonder if it is feasible to create another view that gets the SUMs and COUNTs and then add that view's output fields to this view's? Is that a smart way to approach this problem? Is there a better? Thanks in advance, Randy Harris just covered this with a colleage... select ename , job , hiredate , emp.deptno , sal , ttl_sals from emp , ( select deptno, sum(sal) as ttl_sals from emp group by deptno ) empsals where emp.deptno = empsals.deptno -- Mark C. Stock email mcstock -> enquery(dot)com www.enquery.com (888) 512-2048 "Randy Harris" <randy@SpamFree.com> wrote in message news:9nzob.6741$P%1.5602532@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com... > I'm not very good with SQL and would appreciate some advice. > > I have a view in 8.1.7.4 that retrieves nearly a hundred fields from five > different tables. It's long but simple and straightforward, and has been > working quite well for some time. I've just be...

Viewing transformation sample for pilot view and polar view
Hello, I am trying to implement some kind of flight simulator in OpenGL and have some problems with the camera control. I know the basics but I am looking for real sample code of the "pilot view" and "polar view" pseudo code from the red book in the viewing section: void pilotView{GLdouble planex, GLdouble planey, GLdouble planez, GLdouble roll, GLdouble pitch, GLdouble heading) { glRotated(roll, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0); glRotated(pitch, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0); glRotated(heading, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0); glTranslated(-planex, -pla...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

How to view TIF on Access form?
Hello, I am fighting a losing battle with Access's Image control. At one time it was able to load TIF images that my users were viewing. I had written two totally different Access apps. Basically on_Current event triggers updating of the image control to a specific field in an Access table. The funny thing is that one app is currently running on XP without issues. The images are viewed. But my user moved the mdb to another XP machine and tried to run it but get a Runtime error '2114' error. The image could not be viewed because this error comes up. We tried other pcs and th...

access xp runtime -- view tables in design view?
If a runtime installation of Access is created and installed on a client machine that has a full verion of access, will it still be possible to view the tables and queries in design view but not the forms? Thank you very much, Sue Access and the Access Runtime are each executable files that can open Acces databases. Installing the Access Runtime on a machine does nothing more than put the MS Access runtime on the machine. If the full Access was there before, it is still there afterward and functions as it always did. If you distribute your Access application with the Access Runtime, that d...

To View or not to View, that is the question...
In my old MDB databases, I constructed a lot of "subQueries" to filter out records, then based a new query on the subQuery. This results in huge speed increases on large datasets. However... In Accesss2000 ADP Project with SQL Server backend: Is there any benefit to creating Views, then basing a Stored Procedure on that View, rather than on the tables/table joins themselves? Since I can't pass parameters to a View, all I can really do with them is to create simple "=" type criteria. In reading, I've noticed people mention that views are not cached on SQL Server so t...

Hi, I need to use Ado (Vo2Ado) to import an Access database (mdb) to a SQLite database. In SQLite there is a system table called SQLITE_MASTER that holds some of the relevant information about the database. In this table there is a column named SQL that stores the DDL used to create the Tables and Views. I need the DDL used to create the Views in the mdb to recreate them in SQLite, but can't find nothing in their system tables. I know the DDL is there, somewhere, because I download a program that takes it out from a mdb, but I need to do it from my program. Does anyone kn...

Web resources about - Switch Between Form View and Datasheet View - comp.databases.ms-access

Datasheet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A datasheet , data sheet , or spec sheet is a document that summarizes the performance and other technical characteristics of a product, machine, ...

ALLDATASHEET.COM - Datasheet search site, Datasheet search site for Electronic Components and Semiconductors ...
datasheet search, datasheets, Datasheet search site for Electronic Components and Semiconductors, integrated circuits, diodes and other semiconductors. ...

Electronic Parts Info, Electronic Component Inventory, Parametric Search - Datasheets
... from distributors/manufacturers. Search parametric data for design engineers. From semiconductors & passives to electromechanical parts, datasheets.com ...

Digi-Key - Electronic components, parts, datasheets & more on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Digi-Key - Electronic components, parts, datasheets & more. Download ...

The Small Cells, WiFi, DAS, Cloud RAN & HetNet Datasheet Market are Expected to Carry More Than 60% of ...
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

Zetta DataProtect: Technical Datasheet - See How It Works
Hi CJ,The list gets longer! HarmonyPSA is also RMM-independant. HarmonyPSA includes a fully-featured CRM,... Posted 13 hours 2 min ago by ca ...

datasheet
If you use datasheets (which is probably every reader of Hackaday) you need to check out this tool that seeks to add modern features to the decades-old ...

OBIEE Plus Datasheet
Find out how Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition Plus (OBIEE Plus) can provide insight to everyone in an organization and deliver ...

Rally Program Launch Datasheet - Rally Software
Rally Program Launch provides the software and services you need to launch and execute scaled Agile programs – so you can deliver the right products ...

Top notch job by OSHA staff to globally harmonize labels and datasheets for chemicals
While we’re on vacation, we’re re-posting content from last year. This post was originally published on March 23, 2012. By Celeste Monforton ...