Syntax form moving from page-to-page (actually, Tab-toTab) in Tab Control on form?

I thought it was DoCmd.GoToPage - but that doesn't work for
Tab Controls, it seems - only for forms with page breaks in them.

Anybody know Syntax form moving from page-to-page (actually,
Tab-toTab) in Tab Control on form?
0
CRCI (2317)

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 06:31:38 -0500, MLH <CRCI@NorthState.net> wrote:

>I thought it was DoCmd.GoToPage - but that doesn't work for
>Tab Controls, it seems - only for forms with page breaks in them.
>
>Anybody know Syntax form moving from page-to-page (actually,
>Tab-toTab) in Tab Control on form?

Courtesy of Rick Brandt in another thread...
The TabControl has a Value property that corresponds to the the page
index of
the currently selected TabPage.  Setting that value brings the TabPage
with that
index to the front.  For example to switch to the 3rd TabPage...

Me.TabControlName = 2

(index starts at zero)
Thx, Rick.
0
CRCI (2317)

Form layout question: How move controls in a Form to (in) a Tab Control?
Hi, I created a form with a lot of controls on it. (textboxes, pulldown's etc.) Because the form is a little full I want to move the controls to different pages on a tab control. HOW can one do this?. If I drag them the tab control is not 'activated' if the mouse pointer is above the tab control. (if one creates a new textbox and place it on the tab control this tab control page turns black to show it's activated) This does not work while dragging??! Thanks in advance, Eddie Smit Holland. (The Netherlands) >Because the form is a little full I want to move the >control...

What is syntax for displaying a specific tab of a tab control upon an "on open" event of a form?
I'm starting to learn about the tab control. How would I write an on open event procedure in VBA, that upon opening of the form, a specific tab opens (say tab 1)? Thanks Jerry The pages of a Tab Control are 0 based meaning the first TabPage is page 0. Add this code to the open event to open to a specific page: First Tab --- Me!NameOfTabControl.Value = 0 Second Tab --- Me!NameOfTabControl.Value = 1 Third Tab --- Me!NameOfTabControl.Value = 2 etc -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applicatio...

How can I set the tab order of text box controls on each page of a tab control?
I need to be able to select the tabbing order of individual controls on a single page of a tabbed control. How?? In LV 6.1 an up you should be ablel to right click on the edge of the tab control when the tab-page in question is selected. The bttom selcetion in the pop-up is "Reoder controls in page..." selecting this option will switch editing modes to allow you to specify the ored, just like in a cluster. I seem to remeber in older versions you had to drag the tabable controls off the tab control, specify the tabbing oder and then drag them back on. The oldest version I have on ...

how can i print all the tab pages not just the first page (tab)
how can i print all the tab pages not just the first page (tab) You would need to do this programmatically. Here's one way: Example_VI_BD6.png: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/326797/1/Example_VI_BD6.png ...

Web page type front page of an access form
Hi all, It's a novice question and hopefully someone could help me out. I've designed an access form for entering patient information. Right now it needs to be modified in the way that the form users will first be shown a webpage-type front page that prompts the user to 1) enter new patient information 2) search patient with keywords or id, before accessing/modifying the actual database. Can anyone shed some lights on how to do so? I've searched the web and it shows something as ASP but I am not sure if that's useful. Thanks!!!!! Kl make1circle@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > It's a novice question and hopefully someone could help me out. I've > designed an access form for entering patient information. Right now > it needs to be modified in the way that the form users will first be > shown a webpage-type front page that prompts the user to 1) enter new > patient information 2) search patient with keywords or id, before > accessing/modifying the actual database. > > Can anyone shed some lights on how to do so? I've searched the web > and it shows something as ASP but I am not sure if that's useful. > Thanks!!!!! > > Kl > If you are using a web page use a web page. If you are using Access use a form. Create a new form. Since you aren't using a table, simply click New/DesignView. Using the toolbox, drop your requisite textboxes. combo boxes, and whatever. Do you know how to cod...

Names of textboxes on tab-pages within a tab control?
I have a tab control named TabCtl210. It has 3 tabs. named Page211, Page212 and Page213. Each of those 3 tab-pages has a textbox control named Page1HomeSpot, Page2HomeSpot and Page3HomeSpot respectively. I got an error #2109: "There is no field named Page1HomeSpot in the current record" There's only one line of code in the entire form module that references the control: Private Sub Page1() DoCmd.GoToControl ("Page1HomeSpot") End Sub Under what circumstances would Access give em this error? Try: Me.Page1HomeSpot.SetFocus If that still fails, and you are certain you have a text box with that name on your form, it sounds like Access is confused about the names. Try this sequence: 1. Uncheck the boxes under: Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect Explanation of why: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html 2. Compact the database to get rid of this junk: Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair 3. Close Access. Make a backup copy of the file. Decompile the database by entering something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb" 4. Open Access (holding down the Shift key if you have any startup code), and compact again. 5. Open a code window. Choose References from the Tools menu. Uncheck any references you do not need. For a list of the ...

SetFocus from tab page to main form
I a form with tab control will all fields based on one table. I have some code setup for the 'On Change' event of the tab control that checks to see if a field on the main form is null. If it is, I want the focus set back to that field on the main form, but I can't get the code to change the focus to anything off of the tab page. This is the code I tried: Select Case Me.TabCtl1.Value Case 2 If IsNull(Me.AssetTag) Then MsgBox ("Asset Tag Required") Me.AssetTag.SetFocus End If End Select I always get the error 'Method or data member not found' I have tried several other combinations of trying to access the AssetTag field on the main form with no luck. Any suggestions? I usually use code something like this: DoCmd.SelectObject acForm, "MainForm", False MainForm![MyField].SetFocus {or} DoCmd.SelectObject acForm, "MainForm", False DoCmd.GoToControl "MyField" The SelectObject method tells Access to start from scratch when moving around, sort of a "Leave here now!" command. "fonzie" <dougie501@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1158252743.870997.184240@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I a form with tab control will all fields based on one table. I have > some code setup for the 'On Change' event of the tab control that > checks to see if a field on the main form is null. If it is, I want > the focus set back to that field on the main form, but I can...

Using tabs for multi page forms
Anyone have any code handy for handling logical paging when using tabs to handle a multiple page form? What I have read, you can make each tab one of the pages, hide all but the active tab and display the "current page". Likely each tab needs a "page up" "Page down" and "Start of Document" button that will appropriately hide the current tab and unhide the selected one. Thanks Bob Bob Alston wrote: > Anyone have any code handy for handling logical paging when using tabs > to handle a multiple page form? What I have read, you can make each > tab one of the pages, hide all but the active tab and display the > "current page". Likely each tab needs a "page up" "Page down" and > "Start of Document" button that will appropriately hide the current > tab and unhide the selected one. > > Thanks > > Bob Set the TabStyle property of the TabControl to "None". Then there is no need to hide/show any pages. Then all you need are buttons to increase/decrease the TabControl Value by one and another to set it it zero to return to the first page. Example if you have 5 pages... 'PageUp If Me.TabControlName.Value < 4 Then Me.TabControlName.Value = Me.TabControlName.Value + 1 End If 'PageDown If Me.TabControlName.Value > 0 Then Me.TabControlName.Value = Me.TabControlName.Value - 1 End If 'GoToFirstPage Me.TabControlName.Value = 0 ...

Possible to tell which page is the active page of a tab control (A2003)??
I would like to use a tab control but I need to know which page/tab has been selected. Which one is the active tab. I don't see a property for this. Is there one or do I have to populate a variable when the user clicks on a page tab? On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:54:19 -0600, PW <emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote: >I would like to use a tab control but I need to know which page/tab >has been selected. Which one is the active tab. > >I don't see a property for this. > >Is there one or do I have to populate a variable when the user clicks >on a page tab? Nevermind. I put a checkbox on each page for the user to select if they want controls on that page processed. On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:54:19 -0600, PW <emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote: >I would like to use a tab control but I need to know which page/tab >has been selected. Which one is the active tab. > >I don't see a property for this. > >Is there one or do I have to populate a variable when the user clicks >on a page tab? It took a while searching through the help before I found the relevant sentence. "The Value property of the tab control is equal to the PageIndex property of the current page. You can use these properties to determine which page is currently selected after the user has switched from one page to another, or to change the order in which the pages appear in the control." For example forms!form1!tabctl20.value or me.t...

Automatic move to next Access tab page
I'm using Access 2002. My database is in Access 2000 format. I'm designing a form to collect responses to a 40-item questionnaire. I can fit four list boxes on a screen, so I plan to have 11 tab pages (one page at the end for collecting identifying information) on my form. To ease the task for the user, I'd like to have an automatic movement to the next page. For instance, when the user clicks on the choice for Question 4 (the last of the items on Page1), the focus automatically shifts to Question 5 (the first of the items on Page2). I know about entering code as an event procedu...

Fetch Tab Control Page Caption based on Page Index Value
I want to be able to find the value of the Caption property of a Page in my Tab Control based solely on the Page Index property value. Is this possible? Example... tcBedrock pFred - Page Index = 0 - Caption = "Slob" pWilma - Page Index = 1 - Caption = "Boring" pBarney - Page Index = 2 - Caption = "Simpleton" pBetty - Page Index = 3 - Caption = "Ditz" I want to be able to say "what is the caption of Page Index 2" and have the answer be "Simpleton". Thanks... On Jun 21, 1:32 pm, DavidB <j...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I want to be able to find the value of the Caption property of a Page > in my Tab Control based solely on the Page Index property value. Is > this possible? > > Example... > tcBedrock > pFred - Page Index = 0 - Caption = "Slob" > pWilma - Page Index = 1 - Caption = "Boring" > pBarney - Page Index = 2 - Caption = "Simpleton" > pBetty - Page Index = 3 - Caption = "Ditz" > > I want to be able to say "what is the caption of Page Index 2" and > have the answer be "Simpleton". > > Thanks... Never mind, I am a dumb ass... ...

Tab Events of Access Application ? (NOT Access Tab Control)
I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by clicking on the built in Access application tabs. Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of subclassing/hook api calls? Thanks On Jul 21, 9:47=A0pm, "christianlo...@yahoo.com" <christianlo...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by > clicking on the built in Access application tabs. > > Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of > subclassing/hook api calls? > > Thanks Hi Christian, You can use the OnDeactivate event. Imb. > You can use the OnDeactivate event. Hello Imb, Aha. Now I am forced to make an event for each form. Trying to automate what tab the ribbon moves to based on the access application tab. Okay, thanks. Access could use a rewrite of it's event system imho. There are no top level application events to tap into, no 'after delete' event, record saves w/ a 'dirty=true', it's all quite ridiculous. I was hoping the new table events would be the solution but they come up w/ this 'data macro' crap where there doesn't seem to be any way to call your own code on the event. Sometimes I wonder if the ms developers ever use Access. However, I love the report and form design improvements. <christianlott1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ba72c614-57c0-4045-9af0-3cd9734e923b@r18g2000vbs.googlegro...

Tab control in one of the tabs of another tab control
One of my colleagues is working with a tab control. He has several tabs. He is trying to embed another tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. He had placed the second tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. But the problem is that the second tab control does not show up (unless one goes to the block diagram and double clicks the second tab control, only then does it shows up; when the vi is closed and reopened its again not there). I told him that I had never seen such functionality (a tab control inside another tab control) in any application but is it somehow possible. All this is required while the VI is not running and is being developed (of course it should work at run time, but this functionality must show while the VI is not running, i.e., this functionality should be non-programmatic. Is it possible. Thanks for your time. Hi rashid, yes it is possible. See the attached example. I see no problems with it.Hope it helps.Mike Untitled_LV71.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/323165/1/Untitled_LV71.vi Thanks <a href="../view_profile?user.id=88992" class="auth_text" style="font-weight: bold;" target="_blank"> MikeS81</a>! Yes you are absolutely right. Your VI is working perfectly. I wonder what has my friend done to get such behaviour as he is getting. Strange! Thanks for the help!Have a very nice day! Hi rashid, can you upload your vi, maybe someone found the proble...

[Uniface-L] Timeout not active on Tab Page Form
Hi, I note that the timeout was not activated (via the asys trigger of the startupshell) when the current window was a non-modal tab-page form. Is there a way to solve this ? Thanks ...

How can I move a control from one page of a tab to another?
Hello I have an Access 2000 application. The form has got a tab with 3 pages. There are several text boxes and command buttons on one page. I need to move them to another page (to free form space for another control). Is it possible to move controls from one page of a tab to another, or I'll have to re-create them? If it is possible, please could you advise, how? I have tried to move one text box. It happily vanished. Thank you. Galina "Galina" <galina.self@cityofbristol.ac.uk> wrote in message news:cc765639.0311190741.458ddff7@posting.google.com... > Hello > I have ...

Automatic move to next Access tab page #2
I'm using Access 2002. My database is in Access 2000 format. I'm designing a form to collect responses to a 40-item questionnaire. I can fit four list boxes on a screen, so I plan to have 11 tab pages (one page at the end for collecting identifying information) on my form. To ease the task for the user, I'd like to have an automatic movement to the next page. For instance, when the user clicks on the choice for Question 4 (the last of the items on Page1), the focus automatically shifts to Question 5 (the first of the items on Page2). I know about entering code as an event procedu...

Tab control pages
I have a tab control. How can I check in an if statement which page in the tab control is currently open or visible? I tried using TabCtl.TabIndex, but that always returns 0 no matter which tab I'm on. Thanks Nevermind...I tried using TabPageName.Visible and it worked. "Enterprise" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:vNDCc.16153$Wr.2643@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > I have a tab control. How can I check in an if statement which page in the > tab control is currently open or visible? > I tried using TabCtl.TabIndex, but that always returns 0 no ...

Can someone tell me how to capture an event or somehow take notice of user switching tabs on a tab control on a form?
Wish I could invoke a procedure when user switches pages on a tab control on a form. Dunno how. I have TabCtl127, a tab control on frmProspectEntryForm The cotrol has 4 pages: Page128, Page129, Page130 and Page131 labeled Prospect, Vehicle, Lienholder and Seller respectively. If my user is on the Prospect page and I wanna perform some VBA gymnastics when he clicks over to the Vehicle page - how do I do that? Clicking any of the tab headers on xxxxxxxxxx with the form opened in design view reveals 5 event properties for each - including a click event property. But I cannot even get a msgbox "You clicked the Lienholder" tab to run in code assigned to that property with the form opened in form view. I'm confused by this. My apologies to the NG. A quick search revealed this 11-year old solution... Private Sub MyTabCtl_Change() Dim tbc As Control, pge As Page Dim currentIndex As Integer Dim somePageIndex As Integer ' Return reference to tab control. Set tbc = Me!MyTabCtl ' Return reference to currently selected page. Set pge = tbc.Pages(tbc.Value) 'Do something when a particular page is selected: If pge.Name = "MySecondPage" Then 'Specific Code End If 'Or . . . do different things with each page selected: ' Return reference to currently selected page. Set pge = tbc.Pages(tbc.Value) currentIndex = pge.PageIndex Select Case currentIndex Case 0 : 'do something when the First Page is selecte...

MS Access Create form / report with multiple pages using different background images
MS Access Create form / report with multiple pages using different background images Hi, Would like to have users fill out a multipage form, and then click a print button, which pulls up the info just entered for a particular record and print out multiple pages of forms, each page having a different image as background. 1) Anyone know how to make a form with multiple pages that different images as background? 2) Anyone know a way to create a multipage report where each page has a different background image (but the data across all of the pages come from the same record)? Thanks, George ...

attractive css, xp tab(page) control and grid control
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C57C0C.EE04A220 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-874" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Any site I can download free css and xp tab/page/grid web script ? Regards Hoe ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C57C0C.EE04A220 Content-Type: text/html; charset="windows-874" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dwindows-874"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2180" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any site I can download free css and xp = tab/page/grid web&nbsp;script ?</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hoe</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C57C0C.EE04A220-- ...

Fields show up on tab page but are they really on the tab?
Hi, I have a text box on a page on a tab ("txtCorrDate" on "pagCorrespondence") but when I refer to it as Me.txtCorrDate it is not found and I get a "Member or data member not found" error. Which is true, because if I type Me. the textbox does not appear. How do I tell where this control actually resides? This text box is not showing up anywhere else as far as I can tell (like on the main form or another tab page)? How do I refer to it? Thanks -paulw On 24/11/2012 00:15:59, PW wrote: > Hi, > > I have a text box on a page on a tab ("txtCorrDate" on > "pagCorrespondence") but when I refer to it as Me.txtCorrDate it is > not found and I get a "Member or data member not found" error. Which > is true, because if I type Me. the textbox does not appear. > > How do I tell where this control actually resides? This text box is > not showing up anywhere else as far as I can tell (like on the main > form or another tab page)? How do I refer to it? > > Thanks > > -paulw > Back to your other question. I see you have doubts. There should be no error with either Me.txtCorrDate or just txtCorrDate. Is the name of the control actually txtCorrDate or is that just the controlsource? AFIK there is no way of determining if the control is on the tab. If you're not sure, cut the control (CtlX) and make sure the Tab control is highlighted wh...

When I tab on the lower portion of a form, the form scrolls up
I have a form that is longer than the screen height. If I am positioned on the form, where I have had to scroll down a bit. When I press tab the form scrolls up so that the current location of the cursor is not visible. If I manually use the scroll bar to position so I can see the cursor and press tab again, it again scrolls up to almost the top of the form. why?? Bob Bob Alston wrote: > I have a form that is longer than the screen height. If I am positioned > on the form, where I have had to scroll down a bit. When I press tab > the form scrolls up so that the current location of the cursor is not > visible. If I manually use the scroll bar to position so I can see the > cursor and press tab again, it again scrolls up to almost the top of the > form. > > why?? > > Bob This happens only when there is a subform It happens only when tabbing between checkboxes. If I tab between text boxes, no incorrect scrolling occurs. the problem is that if the screen has already scrolled down to display the checkbox, when I click on the tab key to move to the next checkbox, the screen scrolls up almost to the top of the page. If I manually scroll down, the cursor is at the proper check box. If I press tab key again, the screen again scrolls up but the cursor moves to the correct checkbox - it is just that I can no longer see this. I was able to reproduce this in a small form. The tabbing without scrolling worked fine on a single form. ...

How do you make the page tab the first tab stop?
I have a form with 4 pages. I'm not sure of the correct name, but I will refer to the tabs at the top of the form that list the names of the four pages as the "page tabs". When the form opens, the body of the form automatically scrolls down to the first tab stop on the form. This causes the body of the form to scroll down so far that the page tabs are no longer viewable. That is undesirable for two reasons. First, if a user wants to click on a page tab to navigate to another page, they have to scroll up first. Second, some new users may not recognize the scroll bar and may not realize that there are other pages available. I notice that after I tab through the last tab stop on the page, the tab goes back up to the top and rests on the actual page tab. So I looked at the tab order to see if the page tab was listed at the bottom, thinking that I could just move it to the top. However, it was not listed; nor could I find any tab stop properties for the page tab itself. So my question is... Is there a way to set the page tab to be the first tab stop on the page? Alternatively... Is there a different way to set a property on the form or the page so that when the form opens, all of the tabs for all of the different pages are viewable at the top? "DrifterKona" <drifterkona@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1154392249.276759.292890@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I have a form with 4 pages. I'm not sure of the correct name, but I >...

Multi-page form repeats first page over and over
Hello fellow Filemakers, I'm very new to the development side of Filemaker Pro. I was a user in an office/lab environment for a few years, but now I'm developing a database solution for my graphic/web design company. My question is this: I've set up a table called "Legal Forms". The fields are all the variables in my basic terms and conditions and other legal forms that may change for each new project. I have one layout called "Basic Terms & Conditions Data Entry" where, you guessed it, I enter all the data in a "Form" view. I have another layout ...

Web resources about - Syntax form moving from page-to-page (actually, Tab-toTab) in Tab Control on form? - comp.databases.ms-access