Tab control pages

I have a tab control. How can I check in an if statement which page in the
tab control is currently open or visible?
I tried using TabCtl.TabIndex, but that always returns 0 no matter which tab
I'm on.
Thanks

0
someone2 (821)

Nevermind...I tried using TabPageName.Visible and it worked.
"Enterprise" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a tab control. How can I check in an if statement which page in the
> tab control is currently open or visible?
> I tried using TabCtl.TabIndex, but that always returns 0 no matter which
tab
> I'm on.
> Thanks

0
someone2 (821)
6/24/2004 5:04:43 PM
"Enterprise" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a tab control. How can I check in an if statement which page in the
> tab control is currently open or visible?
> I tried using TabCtl.TabIndex, but that always returns 0 no matter which
tab
> I'm on.
> Thanks

Use the Value property (zero-based index)

0
assaynet (289)

Tab Events of Access Application ? (NOT Access Tab Control)
I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by clicking on the built in Access application tabs. Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of subclassing/hook api calls? Thanks On Jul 21, 9:47=A0pm, "christianlo...@yahoo.com" <christianlo...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by > clicking on the built in Access application tabs. > > Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of > subclassing/hook api calls? > > Thanks Hi Christian, You can use the OnDeactivate event. Imb. > You can use the OnDeactivate event. Hello Imb, Aha. Now I am forced to make an event for each form. Trying to automate what tab the ribbon moves to based on the access application tab. Okay, thanks. Access could use a rewrite of it's event system imho. There are no top level application events to tap into, no 'after delete' event, record saves w/ a 'dirty=true', it's all quite ridiculous. I was hoping the new table events would be the solution but they come up w/ this 'data macro' crap where there doesn't seem to be any way to call your own code on the event. Sometimes I wonder if the ms developers ever use Access. However, I love the report and form design improvements. <christianlott1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ba72c614-57c0-4045-9af0-3cd9734e923b@r18g2000vbs.googlegro...

Control + Tab between subforms on tab control pages ACC 2002
Greetings! What I am looking for is help trying to accomplish control + tab exiting subform #1 on page #1 and entering the first control (main form) on page #2. I've tried the following code, however it seems to "fire twice", placing me at the first control on subform #2 on page #3, totally skipping page #2. It seems to very briefly stop the control on page two, but keeps going. Hope that made sense. Key preview for subform is set to yes. This is a continous subform, so options to leave subform on last control won't work. That's why I'm trying to use control tab. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer) If KeyCode = vbKeyTab And Shift = 2 Then DoCmd.GoToControl "txtZoningClass+" End If End Sub The problem is probably that you did not assign KeyCode = 0 in your handler. Thus, after your code runs, the keypress is also processed normally. On 13 Sep 2004 11:39:22 -0700, brian.flannery@ci.verona.wi.us (Brian) wrote: >Greetings! >What I am looking for is help trying to accomplish control + tab >exiting subform #1 on page #1 and entering the first control (main >form) on page #2. I've tried the following code, however it seems to >"fire twice", placing me at the first control on subform #2 on page >#3, totally skipping page #2. It seems to very briefly stop the >control on page two, but keeps going. Hope that made sense. Key >preview f...

How can I set the tab order of text box controls on each page of a tab control?
I need to be able to select the tabbing order of individual controls on a single page of a tabbed control. How?? In LV 6.1 an up you should be ablel to right click on the edge of the tab control when the tab-page in question is selected. The bttom selcetion in the pop-up is "Reoder controls in page..." selecting this option will switch editing modes to allow you to specify the ored, just like in a cluster. I seem to remeber in older versions you had to drag the tabable controls off the tab control, specify the tabbing oder and then drag them back on. The oldest version I have on ...

Syntax form moving from page-to-page (actually, Tab-toTab) in Tab Control on form?
I thought it was DoCmd.GoToPage - but that doesn't work for Tab Controls, it seems - only for forms with page breaks in them. Anybody know Syntax form moving from page-to-page (actually, Tab-toTab) in Tab Control on form? On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 06:31:38 -0500, MLH <CRCI@NorthState.net> wrote: >I thought it was DoCmd.GoToPage - but that doesn't work for >Tab Controls, it seems - only for forms with page breaks in them. > >Anybody know Syntax form moving from page-to-page (actually, >Tab-toTab) in Tab Control on form? Courtesy of Rick Brandt in another thread... The TabControl has a Value property that corresponds to the the page index of the currently selected TabPage. Setting that value brings the TabPage with that index to the front. For example to switch to the 3rd TabPage... Me.TabControlName = 2 (index starts at zero) Thx, Rick. ...

ms access data access pages
hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables on the data page in tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. plz reply me with regards uttam On Mar 24, 5:06 am, kunu...@gmail.com wrote: > hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i > need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two > sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the > same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables > on the data page in > tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one > table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in > tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be > dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. > plz reply me > with regards > uttam Use a form and subforms. ...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want to throw away your C++ and use Microsoft Access for the job? If you want to keep C++, you can ask for C++ code in another newsgroup, because we'd just be guessing. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Tab control in one of the tabs of another tab control
One of my colleagues is working with a tab control. He has several tabs. He is trying to embed another tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. He had placed the second tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. But the problem is that the second tab control does not show up (unless one goes to the block diagram and double clicks the second tab control, only then does it shows up; when the vi is closed and reopened its again not there). I told him that I had never seen such functionality (a tab control inside another tab control) in any application but is it somehow possible. All this is required while the VI is not running and is being developed (of course it should work at run time, but this functionality must show while the VI is not running, i.e., this functionality should be non-programmatic. Is it possible. Thanks for your time. Hi rashid, yes it is possible. See the attached example. I see no problems with it.Hope it helps.Mike Untitled_LV71.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/323165/1/Untitled_LV71.vi Thanks <a href="../view_profile?user.id=88992" class="auth_text" style="font-weight: bold;" target="_blank"> MikeS81</a>! Yes you are absolutely right. Your VI is working perfectly. I wonder what has my friend done to get such behaviour as he is getting. Strange! Thanks for the help!Have a very nice day! Hi rashid, can you upload your vi, maybe someone found the proble...

Alternative to ADODB.Stream for saving documents into MS Access Database from within ASP page
Re: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 870669 How to disable the ADODB.Stream object from Internet Explorer You may recently have heard of the vulnarability exposed by Internet Explorer as described in that article: "An ADO stream object contains methods for reading and writing binary files and text files. When an ADO stream object is combined with known security vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, a Web site could execute scripts from the Local Machine zone. To help protect your computer from this kind of attack, you can manually modify your registry." I'm using the ADODB.Stream object in an asp page to provide Intranet users in a corporate environment a facility to upload and download documents, such as Word and Excel, into an Access database. When the security patch will be installed, this functionality will have to be rewritten using another method than ADODB.Stream. Does anyone know any alternative to uploading and downloading documents to and from a MS Access database, from within an .asp page hosted in IIS? I would prefer methods that do not require a COM component to be installed on the server. Thanks "C" <tcm971@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1fa0c8c.0407052112.665bcbed@posting.google.com... > I'm using the ADODB.Stream object in an asp page to provide Intranet > users in a corporate environment a facility to upload and download > documents, such as Word and Excel, into an Access database. > > When the sec...

Alternative to ADODB.Stream for saving documents into MS Access Database from within ASP page #2
[...]

Names of textboxes on tab-pages within a tab control?
I have a tab control named TabCtl210. It has 3 tabs. named Page211, Page212 and Page213. Each of those 3 tab-pages has a textbox control named Page1HomeSpot, Page2HomeSpot and Page3HomeSpot respectively. I got an error #2109: "There is no field named Page1HomeSpot in the current record" There's only one line of code in the entire form module that references the control: Private Sub Page1() DoCmd.GoToControl ("Page1HomeSpot") End Sub Under what circumstances would Access give em this error? Try: Me.Page1HomeSpot.SetFocus If that still fails, and you are certain you have a text box with that name on your form, it sounds like Access is confused about the names. Try this sequence: 1. Uncheck the boxes under: Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect Explanation of why: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html 2. Compact the database to get rid of this junk: Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair 3. Close Access. Make a backup copy of the file. Decompile the database by entering something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb" 4. Open Access (holding down the Shift key if you have any startup code), and compact again. 5. Open a code window. Choose References from the Tools menu. Uncheck any references you do not need. For a list of the ...

Possible to tell which page is the active page of a tab control (A2003)??
I would like to use a tab control but I need to know which page/tab has been selected. Which one is the active tab. I don't see a property for this. Is there one or do I have to populate a variable when the user clicks on a page tab? On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:54:19 -0600, PW <emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote: >I would like to use a tab control but I need to know which page/tab >has been selected. Which one is the active tab. > >I don't see a property for this. > >Is there one or do I have to populate a variable when the user clicks >on a page tab? Nevermind. I put a checkbox on each page for the user to select if they want controls on that page processed. On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:54:19 -0600, PW <emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote: >I would like to use a tab control but I need to know which page/tab >has been selected. Which one is the active tab. > >I don't see a property for this. > >Is there one or do I have to populate a variable when the user clicks >on a page tab? It took a while searching through the help before I found the relevant sentence. "The Value property of the tab control is equal to the PageIndex property of the current page. You can use these properties to determine which page is currently selected after the user has switched from one page to another, or to change the order in which the pages appear in the control." For example forms!form1!tabctl20.value or me.t...

attractive css, xp tab(page) control and grid control
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C57C0C.EE04A220 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-874" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Any site I can download free css and xp tab/page/grid web script ? Regards Hoe ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C57C0C.EE04A220 Content-Type: text/html; charset="windows-874" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dwindows-874"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2180" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any site I can download free css and xp = tab/page/grid web&nbsp;script ?</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hoe</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C57C0C.EE04A220-- ...

how to access database control of many oracle10g database instances on same server
I am on Redhat Linux 9 and using Oracle 10G (10.0.1.3?). I know how to create a Oracle database instance and use EM database control to administer the database. To access database control from a browser, Oracle asks to enter a URL: http://server_name:5500/em The URL does not specify the ORACLE_SID. I however want to create several database instances on the same box. Will Oracle automatically set up a different port (e.g., 5501) for second instance. All the documentation I have found on Oracle's web site refers to a single database instance on a server. Appreciate any pointers. Thanks a lot, Prem You need to read about Grid Control. Actually when you create your database using DBCA, it should ask you whether you want to use Grid Control or DB Console. Jining Han Jining Han wrote: > You need to read about Grid Control. Actually when you create your > database using DBCA, it should ask you whether you want to use Grid > Control or DB Console. > > Jining Han I hae read about Grid Control, but I think there is still a way to access many instnaces on the same server using database control. Prem Of course you can, a DB Console for each database, and you can choose that as your preferred approach, too. But I really think it's a waste of resources and a big inconvenience. You are probably better off with the "tradictional" desktop console. Just my 2 cents. Jining Han <premmehrotra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Web resources about - Tab control pages - comp.databases.ms-access

From Armenia to Australia, how the mob controls the trafficking of ice into Australia
In America, they are called the "Five Families". The term refers to the five major New York organised crime families of the Mafia, with a history ...

From Armenia to Australia, how the mob controls the trafficking of ice into Australia
In America, they are called the "Five Families". The term refers to the five major New York organised crime families of the Mafia, with a history ...

From Armenia to Australia, how the mob controls the trafficking of ice into Australia
In America, they are called the &quot;Five Families&quot;. &nbsp;The term refers to the five major New York organised crime families of the Mafia, ...

Woman pinned to fence by out-of-control car on Rokeby Road in Subiaco
A fire extinguisher was used to break into an SUV to help a driver who appeared to have suffered a seizure after hitting a pedestrian on Rokeby ...

How-To: Reduce iPhone screen brightness beyond what’s possible in Control Center or Display & Brightness ...
... about sharing in the past, involves reducing iPhone screen brightness beyond levels that are possible with the standard brightness slider controls. ...

Stagefright-based ‘Metaphor’ exploit can take control of your phone in just 15 seconds
The old Android malware beastie is at it again, with researchers uncovering a new Stagefright-based exploit that can be used to take control ...

Creative Control explores the dark side of augmented reality—with humor
... Here's what the future looks like: collecting data on people while wearing AR glasses. 7 more images in gallery In the film Creative Control ...

4 Ways to Control Your Mind and Lose Weight
... after a week of eating the same things. I have found that almost anytime I have plateaued, a cheat meal has broken the plateau. Gain Control ...

The Latest: Officers regain control of Alabama prison dorm
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The Latest on the disturbances at a prison in Alabama where inmates have stabbed each other and prison authorities and ...