Tabbing to next tab

Hi

Is it possible that when a user is past a field on one tab of the tab
control it automatically switches to the second tab to save manually
changing the tab when entering data?

Thanks

Regards

0
John6500 (333)

"John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Is it possible that when a user is past a field on one tab of the tab
> control it automatically switches to the second tab to save manually
> changing the tab when entering data?

Here is what I recommend...

Place a tiny (but visible=true) TextBox on the  first TabPage and make it
last in the TabOrder.  In the GotFocus event of that TextBox have code that
sets Focus to desired control on second TabPage.  When you tab out of the
last "real" control on page 1 you will automatically be taken to the first
control on page 2.

This is better than using the Exit or LostFocus event of the last control
on page 1 because it only takes you to page two if you leave that last
control on page 1 via the <Tab> or <Enter> keys.  If the user uses their
mouse or Shift-Tab you won't override their action by taking them somewhere
they don't want to go.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message.     Send instead to...

0
rickbrandt2 (2458)
4/22/2004 5:54:44 PM
On the last control of each tab, write an event routine for the Exit
event with
code such as:

Me.theTab.value = Me.theTab.value + 1

This will take the user to the first control on the next tab.

Tab Tab
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? Op 4 Aug 2004 12:39:13 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" gnosis wrote: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? I'm not sure I understand the question..... If you mean: 'put 2 TAB (0x09) characters into a text file from a command prompt', then echo -e '\t\t' >somefile or echo -e '\t\t' >>somefile If you mean: 'the output of the BASH 'TAB-TAB' "completion key combo", then no. The BASH TAB-TAB key combo is meant as input to BASH, so BASH interprets the TAB-TAB combo before you have a chance to supply any re-direct operators for the command. Regards, Larry -- Anti-spam address, change each 'X' to '.' to reply directly. ...

Tab Events of Access Application ? (NOT Access Tab Control)
I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by clicking on the built in Access application tabs. Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of subclassing/hook api calls? Thanks On Jul 21, 9:47=A0pm, "christianlo...@yahoo.com" <christianlo...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by > clicking on the built in Access application tabs. > > Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of > subclassing/hook api calls? > > Thanks Hi Christian, You can use the OnDeactivate event. Imb. > You can use the OnDeactivate event. Hello Imb, Aha. Now I am forced to make an event for each form. Trying to automate what tab the ribbon moves to based on the access application tab. Okay, thanks. Access could use a rewrite of it's event system imho. There are no top level application events to tap into, no 'after delete' event, record saves w/ a 'dirty=true', it's all quite ridiculous. I was hoping the new table events would be the solution but they come up w/ this 'data macro' crap where there doesn't seem to be any way to call your own code on the event. Sometimes I wonder if the ms developers ever use Access. However, I love the report and form design improvements. <christianlott1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ba72c614-57c0-4045-9af0-3cd9734e923b@r18g2000vbs.googlegro...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want to throw away your C++ and use Microsoft Access for the job? If you want to keep C++, you can ask for C++ code in another newsgroup, because we'd just be guessing. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Tab control in one of the tabs of another tab control
One of my colleagues is working with a tab control. He has several tabs. He is trying to embed another tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. He had placed the second tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. But the problem is that the second tab control does not show up (unless one goes to the block diagram and double clicks the second tab control, only then does it shows up; when the vi is closed and reopened its again not there). I told him that I had never seen such functionality (a tab control inside another tab control) in any application but is it somehow possible. All this is required while the VI is not running and is being developed (of course it should work at run time, but this functionality must show while the VI is not running, i.e., this functionality should be non-programmatic. Is it possible. Thanks for your time. Hi rashid, yes it is possible. See the attached example. I see no problems with it.Hope it helps.Mike Untitled_LV71.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/323165/1/Untitled_LV71.vi Thanks <a href="../view_profile?user.id=88992" class="auth_text" style="font-weight: bold;" target="_blank"> MikeS81</a>! Yes you are absolutely right. Your VI is working perfectly. I wonder what has my friend done to get such behaviour as he is getting. Strange! Thanks for the help!Have a very nice day! Hi rashid, can you upload your vi, maybe someone found the proble...

Tab Tab #3
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? lzman@mindless.com (gnosis) tried to express: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? in bash... set +o emacs echo "<tab><tab>" > output set -o emacs Op 4 Aug 2004 13:17:31 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" Wiseguy wrote: > lzman@mindless.com (gnosis) tried to express: > >>How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? > > > in bash... > > set +o emacs > echo "<tab><tab>" > output > set -o emacs > Cool, I never thought of that.... Regards, Larry -- Anti-spam address, change each 'X' to '.' to reply directly. gnosis wrote: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? .... could you post this a fourth time please, i didnt get it the first three times !!!!!!1 .. -- << http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/ >> Alimony is the high cost of leaving. ...

Tab Tab #2
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? Op 4 Aug 2004 13:15:51 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" ...

Tabs on top of Tabs
This is probably a very stupid question but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. I have a form with tabbed pages and on one of the pages I want to put more tabbed pages. When I put the sub tabbed pages on the page I want it shows up on all pages. This is annoying. Thanks. Tyler wrote: > This is probably a very stupid question but for the life of me I > cannot figure it out. I have a form with tabbed pages and on one of > the pages I want to put more tabbed pages. When I put the sub tabbed > pages on the page I want it shows up on all pages. This is annoying. > Thanks. You cannot nest TabControls. There are two workarounds... 1) Use the Change event of the larger TabControl to hide the smaller TabControl except when the larger is on a certain page. Kind of a hassle in desigfn view, but in regular view it gives the apperance of a nexted TabControl. 2) Use a SubForm on one TabPage and place a TabControl on the subform. This works better in design view, but is a problem if you need controls on the nested subform to be bound to the same tables and record as the main form as this will cause write conflicts. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com ...

MS Access Form w tabs
I have an MS Access Database with multiple forms that all update fields in a single table because I can't fit all the required fields onto a single screen. I have looked into converting these multiple forms into a single form with subforms as tabs but to date my attempts to do this have failed. Can any one give a pointer to an example / instructions on how to create a tabbed form? The form that I have created contains each of my current forms a different tabs, however when I choose tab 2, it shows the contents of both tab 1 and tab2 at the same time (making an incomprehensible eyesore). Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com I would like to know about this too. One solution I've seen is to use individual buttons instead of a tab control. The buttons toggle the subforms, which are related to the main form. Thank you, Tom ...

Access 2010: Staying on the same ribbon tab (have active tab stay open)
Hi, When I select something from a tab (form, report), the focus will switch back to the first tab after the form or report is closed. I'd like to have the active tab stay open until the user decides to click on another tab. I see in a book that there is code to set focus to a particular tab (gobjRibbon.ActivateTab "tabname") but I don't know where to put this. I certainly don't want to hard code it in every form (or report if that is possible). Any ideas? -paulw ...

Automatic move to next Access tab page
I'm using Access 2002. My database is in Access 2000 format. I'm designing a form to collect responses to a 40-item questionnaire. I can fit four list boxes on a screen, so I plan to have 11 tab pages (one page at the end for collecting identifying information) on my form. To ease the task for the user, I'd like to have an automatic movement to the next page. For instance, when the user clicks on the choice for Question 4 (the last of the items on Page1), the focus automatically shifts to Question 5 (the first of the items on Page2). I know about entering code as an event procedu...

How to color tab of tab control when content of tab meets generic criteria
I have an MS Access form that uses a tab control with multiple tabs. On each tab, there are various fields. How can I color-- or if easier add some simple icon--to a particular tab (say tab 2 of 5 in the tab control) if a field on tab 2 meets some generic criteria like salary field is > 50000. I'm trying to give the operator a visual cue that tab 2 contains important data that should be reviewed--so the operator does not have to visit each tab to manually inspect all fields (which may contain only nominal values). If I could color tab #2 red or mark just tab #2 with an icon, then the operator would know to navigate to tab #2 specifically. Please include all VB/code and tell me which event to use/how to attach. Thanks Access gurus. You could create a Bitmap that you would set as the Picture property of the desired TAB Page. Perhaps using the form's Current event you could do something like: If Me.txtSalary >50000 then me.TabControlName.Pages(0).Picture = "C:\LookAtMe.bmp" -- HTH Stephen Lebans http://www.lebans.com Access Code, Tips and Tricks Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit. "Scot Balfour" <gastross@aol.com> wrote in message news:72cecde9.0409021732.1d13fa9a@posting.google.com... > I have an MS Access form that uses a tab control with multiple tabs. > On each tab, there are various fields. > > How can I color-- or if easier add some simple icon--to a particular > tab (say tab 2 of 5 i...

Automatic move to next Access tab page #2
I'm using Access 2002. My database is in Access 2000 format. I'm designing a form to collect responses to a 40-item questionnaire. I can fit four list boxes on a screen, so I plan to have 11 tab pages (one page at the end for collecting identifying information) on my form. To ease the task for the user, I'd like to have an automatic movement to the next page. For instance, when the user clicks on the choice for Question 4 (the last of the items on Page1), the focus automatically shifts to Question 5 (the first of the items on Page2). I know about entering code as an event procedu...

StartFromScratch not hiding Acrobat Tab in Access 2007 database
How do I hide or turn off the "Acrobat" Tab in access 2007 using codeing in access when I start an database(.mdb) and it opens a custom form.. The "StartFromScratch" attribute/command does not hide the "Acrobat" tab. It hides all other tabs. What is the coding to use in access 2007 to hide the Acrobat Tab What is the idMSO attribute so I can showit when I need to. Thanks for any help. ...

tabbing order in tab controls
Hi How can I set the tabbing order of controls in a tab control on the front panel when having several other controls on the front panel. Right-click on the tab and select "Reorder controls In page" from the menu that pops up. This is not exactly what I meant. When I'm creating a local variable I can choose its destination (right-click - select item). Because there are so many I would like to reorder the tabbing order to choose the correct on the top. All this action are taken in the block diagramm. From the edit menu, select Set Tabbing order changing the tabbing order will also change the order the variables are listed when you want to list or select a local variable ...

Hide a tab on a tab control
Dear All, I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. How do I do it? thanks John Fox Per John Fox: >Dear All, > >I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. > >Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. > >How do I do it? Code below selects different tabs and makes some tabs invisible. 2160 With Me.tabMain 2161 If .Value = mTabMain_Page_Security Then 'If user walking a compressed list, don't want tb jumping back to sec if looking at docs 2162 If ..Pages(mTabMain_Page_CompanyGroupIssuer).Visible = True Then 2163 .Value = mTabMain_Page_CompanyGroupIssuer 2164 End If 2165 End If 2169 End With 2170 With Me.tabMain 2171 .Pages(mTabMain_Page_Security).Visible = False 2172 .Pages(mTabMain_Page_Allocations).Visible = False 2179 End With -- PeteCresswell Thank you - sorted! John (PeteCresswell) wrote: > Per John Fox: >> Dear All, >> >> I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. >> >> Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. >> >> How do I do it? > > Code below selects different tabs and makes some tabs invisible. > > 2160 With Me.tabMain > 2161 If .Value = mTabMain_Page_Security Then 'If > user walking a compresse...

Tab Indexing in a Tab Control
Anyone know why when I set my tabs index in my tab control (I have 3 tabs on the control) the numbering gets messed up when I save the form changes? I thought each tab on the control had an independent tab index, I guess not. Marcus ****** Just a suggestion, the Tab Index for a container (Tab Page) is different than the Page Index for a Tab Control. You might be thinking that the Tab Index is related to the Tab Pages. The order of the pages is Page Index. (Right Click Page Order) The order of the controls on a page, form or other container control is Tab Index. (Right Click Tab Order) Tab, in this case means the Tab key on your key board. As you hit the tab key the focus moves from control to control based on the order of the index of each control and whether or not the control has it's Tab Stop property set to True. As far as I know, each Tab Page does have a collection of controls, where each control will have a Tab Index in that Tab Page collection. The indexes stay the same for me. That is, when I set the Tab Index for each control on a Tab Page, it remains the same after saving. If I change the Tab Index for each control on another Tab Page, it remains the same also, and it does not affect any other Tab Page control collection index. Hope This Helps ...

TAB to navigate in tab order
Hi, in wxWindows looks like pressing the Tab key on the last widget in tab order does not switch the focus to the first widget in tab order. Example: Tab order is - widget1 - widget2 - widget3 When widget3 has the focus, pressing Tab doesn't move the focus to widget1. How could this be done, however? Regards, Cristina. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwindows.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-user...

tab 2 into tab 4 ?
Hello, I have python code which use tab=2. Recently I would like to change it into tab=4. Anyone has suggestion to convert easily and safely ? pujo <ajikoe@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1119205602.922944.204990@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | Hello, | | I have python code which use tab=2. Recently I would like to change it | into tab=4. | | Anyone has suggestion to convert easily and safely ? Look at "reindent.py" in Tools\Scripts. -- Vincent Wehren | | pujo | Thanks it works! pujo ...

A2003
Access 2003 I have a main form with two tab forms, one showing Client, and the other Spouse info, each with Address tabs. When I click on the Client address tab, I would like to have the Spouses address tab show as well. Although the above is the primary issue to resolve, it would also be handy to go a step further...each Address tab has a sub-form with two tabs; Civic Address, and Mailing Address. Being able to click on the Clients Civic address tab, and viewing the Spouses Civic Address tab would be handy. Any guidance would be greatly received. Dave Forms: Main Form: frmMain - Client Tab Form: TabMainClient - Tab One: TabClient - Tab Two: TabClientAddresses - sfrmClientAddresses - TabClientAddresses - TabClientCivic - TabClientMailing - Spouse Tab Form: TabMainSpouse - Tab One: TabSpouse - Tab Two: TabSpouseAddresses - sfrmSpouseAddresses - TabClientAddresses - TabSpouseCivic - TabSpouseMailing I believe Forms!TabMainSpouse!TabSpouseAddresses.SetFocus is very roughly the syntax you're looking for. I'm not entirely sure about the hierarchy of your forms...TabMainClient and TabMainSpouse are subforms of another form? and they have their own subforms? A bit confused I am, as usual. You can put code in the OnClick() event of a tabpage to set the focus to another object. Does that help? Steve wrote: > I believe Forms!TabMainSpouse!TabSpouseAddresses.SetFocus is very I just tried your suggestion, and some variations of, but no luck I'...

Vertical Tabs on Tab Control?
Hi Folks: I've used conventional horizontal tabs on one application. Now I'd like to have a row of tabs, representing each letter of the alphabet, running down the right side of a tab control. These are owner drawn tabs. I have questions. I want a single line of alphabet tabs. If the control shrinks to too small to show all of the tabs, I'd like them to display a ragged edge, and arrows in order to scroll them. Instead, multiple lines of tabs are drawn. The Resource Editor's "Tab Control Properties" window has "Multiline...

Web resources about - Tabbing to next tab - comp.databases.ms-access

Tabbing navigation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... element. The order of focusing can be determined implicitly (based on physical order) or explicitly (based on tab index). In general, tabbing ...

Three takeaways from MLB tabbing Manfred next commish
Jon Paul Morosi's three takeaways from an intrigue-filled Thursday in our national pastime, as Rob Manfred was named the 10th commissioner in ...

Tour Confidential: Was Tabbing Tiger Woods as a Ryder Cup Vice Captain a Good ...
Washington Post Tour Confidential: Was Tabbing Tiger Woods as a Ryder Cup Vice Captain a Good ... Golf.com Rory winsand won this timebecause ...

Microsoft patents tabbing through a web page
Just tab along to our IP licensing agreement...