Tabs on top of Tabs

This is probably a very stupid question but for the life of me I
cannot figure it out.  I have a form with tabbed pages and on one of
the pages I want to put more tabbed pages.  When I put the sub tabbed
pages on the page I want it shows up on all pages.  This is annoying.
Thanks.

Tyler wrote:
> This is probably a very stupid question but for the life of me I
> cannot figure it out.  I have a form with tabbed pages and on one of
> the pages I want to put more tabbed pages.  When I put the sub tabbed
> pages on the page I want it shows up on all pages.  This is annoying.
> Thanks.

You cannot nest TabControls.  There are two workarounds...

1)  Use the Change event of the larger TabControl to hide the smaller TabControl
except when the larger is on a certain page.  Kind of a hassle in desigfn view,
but in regular view it gives the apperance of a nexted TabControl.

2) Use a SubForm on one TabPage and place a TabControl on the subform.  This
works better in design view, but is a problem if you need controls on the nested
subform to be bound to the same tables and record as the main form as this will
cause write conflicts.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
rickbrandt2 (2458)

Tab Tab
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? Op 4 Aug 2004 12:39:13 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" gnosis wrote: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? I'm not sure I understand the question..... If you mean: 'put 2 TAB (0x09) characters into a text file from a command prompt', then echo -e '\t\t' >somefile or echo -e '\t\t' >>somefile If you mean: 'the output of the BASH 'TAB-TAB' "completion key combo", then no. The BASH TAB-TAB key combo is meant as input to BASH, so BASH interprets the TAB-TAB combo before you have a chance to supply any re-direct operators for the command. Regards, Larry -- Anti-spam address, change each 'X' to '.' to reply directly. ...

Tab Events of Access Application ? (NOT Access Tab Control)
I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by clicking on the built in Access application tabs. Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of subclassing/hook api calls? Thanks On Jul 21, 9:47=A0pm, "christianlo...@yahoo.com" <christianlo...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by > clicking on the built in Access application tabs. > > Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of > subclassing/hook api calls? > > Thanks Hi Christian, You can use the OnDeactivate event. Imb. > You can use the OnDeactivate event. Hello Imb, Aha. Now I am forced to make an event for each form. Trying to automate what tab the ribbon moves to based on the access application tab. Okay, thanks. Access could use a rewrite of it's event system imho. There are no top level application events to tap into, no 'after delete' event, record saves w/ a 'dirty=true', it's all quite ridiculous. I was hoping the new table events would be the solution but they come up w/ this 'data macro' crap where there doesn't seem to be any way to call your own code on the event. Sometimes I wonder if the ms developers ever use Access. However, I love the report and form design improvements. <christianlott1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ba72c614-57c0-4045-9af0-3cd9734e923b@r18g2000vbs.googlegro...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want ...

Tab Tab #3
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? lzman@mindless.com (gnosis) tried to express: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? in bash... set +o emacs echo "<tab><tab>" > output set -o emacs Op 4 Aug 2004 13:17:31 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" Wiseguy wrote: > lzman@mindless.com (gnosis) tried to express: > >>How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? > > > in bash... > > set +o emacs > echo "<tab><tab>" > output > set -o emacs > Cool, I never thought of that.... Regards, Larry -- Anti-spam address, change each 'X' to '.' to reply directly. gnosis wrote: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? .... could you post this a fourth time please, i didnt get it the first three times !!!!!!1 .. -- << http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/ >> Alimony is the high cost of leaving. ...

Tabbing to next tab
Hi Is it possible that when a user is past a field on one tab of the tab control it automatically switches to the second tab to save manually changing the tab when entering data? Thanks Regards "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:4087efbe$0$26197$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Hi > > Is it possible that when a user is past a field on one tab of the tab > control it automatically switches to the second tab to save manually > changing the tab when entering data? Here is what I recommend... Place a tiny (but visible=true) TextBox...

Tab Tab #2
How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? Op 4 Aug 2004 13:15:51 -0700 schreef gnosis: > How can I direct the output from pressing tab tab to a file? gawk 'BEGIN {print "\t\t"}'</dev/null >file -- There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Gerard Wassink http://linux.family.filternet.nl http://freeware.family.filternet.nl Linux counter #360967, "In a world without fences, who needs gates?" ...

Tab control in one of the tabs of another tab control
One of my colleagues is working with a tab control. He has several tabs. He is trying to embed another tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. He had placed the second tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. But the problem is that the second tab control does not show up (unless one goes to the block diagram and double clicks the second tab control, only then does it shows up; when the vi is closed and reopened its again not there). I told him that I had never seen such functionality (a tab control inside another tab control) in any application but is it somehow possible. All this is required while the VI is not running and is being developed (of course it should work at run time, but this functionality must show while the VI is not running, i.e., this functionality should be non-programmatic. Is it possible. Thanks for your time. Hi rashid, yes it is possible. See the attached example. I see no problems with it.Hope it helps.Mike Untitled_LV71.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/323165/1/Untitled_LV71.vi Thanks <a href="../view_profile?user.id=88992" class="auth_text" style="font-weight: bold;" target="_blank"> MikeS81</a>! Yes you are absolutely right. Your VI is working perfectly. I wonder what has my friend done to get such behaviour as he is getting. Strange! Thanks for the help!Have a very nice day! Hi rashid, can you upload your vi, maybe someone found the proble...

Access 2010: Staying on the same ribbon tab (have active tab stay open)
Hi, When I select something from a tab (form, report), the focus will switch back to the first tab after the form or report is closed. I'd like to have the active tab stay open until the user decides to click on another tab. I see in a book that there is code to set focus to a particular tab (gobjRibbon.ActivateTab "tabname") but I don't know where to put this. I certainly don't want to hard code it in every form (or report if that is possible). Any ideas? -paulw ...

StartFromScratch not hiding Acrobat Tab in Access 2007 database
How do I hide or turn off the "Acrobat" Tab in access 2007 using codeing in access when I start an database(.mdb) and it opens a custom form.. The "StartFromScratch" attribute/command does not hide the "Acrobat" tab. It hides all other tabs. What is the coding to use in access 2007 to hide the Acrobat Tab What is the idMSO attribute so I can showit when I need to. Thanks for any help. ...

Tab Indexing in a Tab Control
Anyone know why when I set my tabs index in my tab control (I have 3 tabs on the control) the numbering gets messed up when I save the form changes? I thought each tab on the control had an independent tab index, I guess not. Marcus ****** Just a suggestion, the Tab Index for a container (Tab Page) is different than the Page Index for a Tab Control. You might be thinking that the Tab Index is related to the Tab Pages. The order of the pages is Page Index. (Right Click Page Order) The order of the controls on a page, form or other container control is Tab Index. (Right Click Tab Order) T...

Vertical Tabs on Tab Control?
Hi Folks: I've used conventional horizontal tabs on one application. Now I'd like to have a row of tabs, representing each letter of the alphabet, running down the right side of a tab control. These are owner drawn tabs. I have questions. I want a single line of alphabet tabs. If the control shrinks to too small to show all of the tabs, I'd like them to display a ragged edge, and arrows in order to scroll them. Instead, multiple lines of tabs are drawn. The Resource Editor's "Tab Control Properties" window has "Multiline...

A2003
Access 2003 I have a main form with two tab forms, one showing Client, and the other Spouse info, each with Address tabs. When I click on the Client address tab, I would like to have the Spouses address tab show as well. Although the above is the primary issue to resolve, it would also be handy to go a step further...each Address tab has a sub-form with two tabs; Civic Address, and Mailing Address. Being able to click on the Clients Civic address tab, and viewing the Spouses Civic Address tab would be handy. Any guidance would be greatly received. Dave Forms: Main Form: frmMain - Cli...

tabbing order in tab controls
Hi How can I set the tabbing order of controls in a tab control on the front panel when having several other controls on the front panel. Right-click on the tab and select "Reorder controls In page" from the menu that pops up. This is not exactly what I meant. When I'm creating a local variable I can choose its destination (right-click - select item). Because there are so many I would like to reorder the tabbing order to choose the correct on the top. All this action are taken in the block diagramm. From the edit menu, select Set Tabbing order changing the tabbing order will also change the order the variables are listed when you want to list or select a local variable ...

tab 2 into tab 4 ?
Hello, I have python code which use tab=2. Recently I would like to change it into tab=4. Anyone has suggestion to convert easily and safely ? pujo <ajikoe@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1119205602.922944.204990@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... | Hello, | | I have python code which use tab=2. Recently I would like to change it | into tab=4. | | Anyone has suggestion to convert easily and safely ? Look at "reindent.py" in Tools\Scripts. -- Vincent Wehren | | pujo | Thanks it works! pujo ...

TAB to navigate in tab order
Hi, in wxWindows looks like pressing the Tab key on the last widget in tab order does not switch the focus to the first widget in tab order. Example: Tab order is - widget1 - widget2 - widget3 When widget3 has the focus, pressing Tab doesn't move the focus to widget1. How could this be done, however? Regards, Cristina. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwindows.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-user...

Hide a tab on a tab control
Dear All, I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. How do I do it? thanks John Fox Per John Fox: >Dear All, > >I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. > >Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. > >How do I do it? Code below selects different tabs and makes some tabs invisible. 2160 With Me.tabMain 2161 If .Value = mTabMain_Page_Security Then 'If user walking a compressed list, don't want tb jumping back to sec if looking at docs 2162 If ..Pages(mTabMain_Page_CompanyGroupIssuer).Visible = True Then 2163 .Value = mTabMain_Page_CompanyGroupIssuer 2164 End If 2165 End If 2169 End With 2170 With Me.tabMain 2171 .Pages(mTabMain_Page_Security).Visible = False 2172 .Pages(mTabMain_Page_Allocations).Visible = False 2179 End With -- PeteCresswell Thank you - sorted! John (PeteCresswell) wrote: > Per John Fox: >> Dear All, >> >> I have a tab control with about 5 tabs on it. >> >> Depending on who logs on, I want to hide one particular tab. >> >> How do I do it? > > Code below selects different tabs and makes some tabs invisible. > > 2160 With Me.tabMain > 2161 If .Value = mTabMain_Page_Security Then 'If > user walking a compresse...

Re: tabbing order in tab controls
Is there a way to change the tabbing order without having the order on a list or local change also? I didn't take that into account when making the program, should have ordered all the control before wiring it all up :-/ Hi leachdor,When you change the tab order of a specific control in LabVIEW, it must then re-order the other controls in order to ensure that each tab order value is only applied to one control, and that there are only as many tab stops as there are controls.&nbsp; As such, there is no way to simply re-order a single control without modifying other controls. Hi and thanks for the response. I think I may have explained the behavior i'm seeing wrong.&nbsp; Changing the tab order, you have those two little boxes the first showing the changed order number, and the black background one that shows what it was previously.&nbsp; Each time you change one, yep you have to change the order of the rest otherwise you might tab and select two fields at once!The behavior I'm not sure about though, is when I change them to the proper order on the front page, it changes my block diagram.&nbsp; For example if I have a cluster with 3 items in it, and I change the tab order of the items inside that cluster.&nbsp; Then if I had previously used an "unbundle" function prior to the tab order change, and it was all wired up with item 1 at the top, item 2 in the middle output, and item 3 as the bottom output - AFTER the change, those controls...

Web resources about - Tabs on top of Tabs - comp.databases.ms-access

Acer Iconia Tab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Iconia Tab A100 tablet is the smallest tablet in the series. It runs Android 3.2 Honeycomb operating system and it has a capacitive touchscreen ...

Tabfusion Continues To Meld Pinterest, Facebook With New Pinboard Tab App
Facebook tab application provider Tabfusion took its integration of Pinterest and Facebook one step further with the release of its latest tab ...

Introducing iframe Tabs for Pages
Today we announced major updates to Facebook Pages to help Page admins manage communications, express their brands, and increase engagement. ...

Nationals demand WA TAB sale proceeds go back into horse racing
THE huge financial windfall from selling the TAB would need to be pumped back into racing for a deal to go through, the Nationals have warned. ...

Verizon Wants To Help You Keep Tabs on Your Teens
Verizon wants to help you keep tabs on your teenage kids. The carrier last year introduced Hum, a device that turns older autos into connected ...

Facebook Now Tracks Call-to-Action Clicks via ‘Actions on Page’ Insights Tab
... into how active those call-to-action buttons are. As spotted by TheNextWeb’s Matt Navarra , Facebook has added the “Actions on Page” tab to ...

Microsoft Edge Gains Extension Support And Pinned Tabs In Latest Preview Build
... Windows Store to make it easier to safely install and remove extensions as needed. Additionally, Edge is also adding support for Pinned Tabs, ...

Firefox 45 unveils improved Synced Tab features, but removes Tab Groups
... unveiled Firefox 45 FINAL , its desktop browser for Mac, Linux and Windows. The new release focuses its changes on the browser’s use of tabs, ...

Student media startup The Tab is cutting jobs less than 3 months after it raised $3 million
Online student media startup The Tab laid off at least six people at the start of the month, several people close to the company told Business ...

Firefox 45 terminates Tab Groups
Mozilla today released Firefox 45, fulfilling a promise to drop the browser's Tab Groups feature. Tab Groups, formerly Panorama, lets Firefox ...