text box dependent on other text box entry

I want to have a form with 40 PartNumber text boxes, 40 PartDescription text
boxes, and 40 PartPrice text boxes.  The name of each would vary of course,
but I want to be able to enter the part number in the PartNumber in the
PartNumber text box for each replaced part.  After the number has been
entered the PartDescription and the PartPrice should show up in the other
respective text boxes.  I will be linking to a table that includes 3 columns
labeled PartNumber, PartDescription, and PartPrice.  For instance, if I enter
"12345" in the PartNumber text box then the description of the part along
with its price should appear in each of their respective text boxes.  If
PartNumber 12345 is a Washer that costs 0.75 then The PartDescription, and
PartPrice should read Washer in PartDescription text box and $0.75 in the
PartPrice text box.

In other words I need some code or method that upon entering a PartNumber in
the PartNumber field finds the record referred to and then returns the value
other columns in the table.  There should be no error if a field is left
blank.

This database will be used to enter warranty claims, so that the user will be
able to enter parts and automatically know how much they will be reimbursed
for the part.

Thanks for your help,

Shannan Casteel

forum4311 (450)

hmm... 40 partnumber textboxes?  Are you sure you don't want something
like a datasheet?

you can create a combobox with any number of columns you want and hide
all but the first.  Then set all the textbox control sources to

cboChooseAnItem.Columns(1)

column counts are zero-based. so the first textbox will show the value
from (2-1)=1.
so your textboxes would have ...Columns(1), Columns(2)... etc

HTH

0
pietlinden (2926)

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks in advance Colin Colin, why don't you create the combobox, with from a table or query with all the information you need and use cboComboboxname.column(0), cboComboboxname.colum(1) etc etc...to populate the fields you want? HTH Michael "Colin Ward" <cward002@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:2a660c80.0308010710.26b3257@posting.google.com... > Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose > a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the > same form to display the description of that product. right now I can > get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to > what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description > which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. > > here is the code: > > Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() > txtP...

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using bound text box in some other forms, in this particular form I can't use bound control, so I need to pass text from UNBOUND control to the linked table by using DAO or ADO code. It seems that DAO query can't accept Memo as parameter, but only text. If my text exceeds length of 255, I have an VBA error 3271. If text in unbound text box is shorter that 255 everything is OK. So, is there any way to pass text of length >255 from unbound text box to Memo field of linked PostgreSQL table, by using DAO or ADO ? Thanks in advance, Zlatko On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 01:15:54 +0200, "Zlatko Mati�" <zlatko.matic1@sb.t-com.hr> wrote: >Hello. >I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: >There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a >commentary of a batch of records. >There is a DAO Append Query tha...

Adding Combo Box Text To A Text Box
I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any help is appreciated. This will do it: Private Sub ComboBox_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.Textbox) Then Me.Textbox = ComboBox Else Me.Textbox = Me.Textbox & vbNewLine & ComboBox End If End Sub Wayne wrote: >I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value >from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to >do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: > >Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox > >I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in >the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using >Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. > >I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any >help is appreciated. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http:/...

Show Text box on Top of another Text Box
Hi, I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are m= et it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top of= it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) an= d have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the condit= ional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. How do I do that? Thanks, Barry On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are= met it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top = of it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) = and have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the cond= itional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. > > How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Barry Why not overlay the textbox and set Visible =3D False. Then when true change to Visible =3D True. Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote in news:21224033.2400.1333297115162.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbbdy 9: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain > conditions are met it display either Green or Red. I want to put > another text box on top of it (this text box is smaller than the > "conditional formating" text box) and hav...

How to change the properties of Text box depending on the value of combo box.
Hi, I have created a combo box with "", Yes,No so that if user select any other option except Yes the text box should become disabled. For this I have written code in the exit event of the combo box it is working . But the problem is that, after reopening the form, if you navigate to same record it shows the check box enabled. Can anyone help me how to solve the problem. thanks Pervaiz Try using the same code in the 'On Current' event for the form. At present your code works ony if you exit the combo box, so when you open the form it won't run. With the 'On Current' event your code will run when you move to a new record. Yo need both events to do what you want. Geoff pervaiz.ahmad@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, I have created a combo box with "", Yes,No so that if user > select any other option except Yes the text box should become > disabled. For this I have written code in the exit event of the combo > box it is working . But the problem is that, after reopening the form, > if you navigate to same record it shows the check box enabled. > Can anyone help me how to solve the problem. > thanks > Pervaiz Do it the other way around. In Form Design have the text box disabled. In the AfterUpdate event of the combo, if .Value = "Yes" Then TextBox.Disabled = False ...

Combo box dependent on another combo box, text part is blank
Hi, I have a form with several combo boxes, continuous form format, with record source a query off an Item Table. The fields are Category, Subcategory, and Color. I am displaying descriptions, not ID's, so I have to convert the ID's from various lookup tables. The combo boxes work fine except for subcategory, which is dependent on category. Depending on category, the drop-down box for subcategory will display different items. (for example, when Category is Furniture, Subcategory will display drop-down list of 'Dresser, Nightstand, Desk...". Without clicking on the drop-down box, subcategory will display in its text area the Description of the subcategory ID of the existing record on the table. The drop-down list for Subcategory works fine. However, the text portion is blank for records on the 2nd category. In other words, there are 10 records for the first category, Accessories. Subcategory displays fine for these. But for the 11th record and subsequent records, subcategory is blank (text portion, although drop-down works correctly). If I just display subcategory ID, and not convert to description, it works fine. My SQL statement for subcategory is: "SELECT ItemSubcatID, ItemSubcatDesc FROM tlkpItemSubcategory WHERE (((ItemCategoryID)=[Forms]![frmItems]![cboItemCategory])) ORDER BY ItemSubcatDesc;" Column count is 2, column width is 0, 2. Bound column is 1. I think the problem lies around here. When I have column width = "1,1&...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

Text Box to List Box
Every month I get a huge list of product codes I need to track. I have written a very detailed script to perform this task. The problem is, I copied someone else's form because I was in a rush. I have yet to sit down to tweak this, but I'm hoping I can use a bandaid rather than re-write the process. The form I use allows you to enter (or cut-and-paste) one product code at a time into a combo box. You press a button and the contents empty into a list box. You can do this however many times you need to, with the list box adding a new record each time. My script reads the listbox and works its magic, looping through each value. This is fine and all, but I'd really love to be able to cut-and-paste the original list into a text box, press a button and have that list parse out into the list box. I'm feeling a little fried at the moment, anyone got any code lying around that can perform this task? ManningFan wrote: > Every month I get a huge list of product codes I need to track. I have > written a very detailed script to perform this task. > > The problem is, I copied someone else's form because I was in a rush. > I have yet to sit down to tweak this, but I'm hoping I can use a > bandaid rather than re-write the process. > > The form I use allows you to enter (or cut-and-paste) one product code > at a time into a combo box. You press a button and the contents empty > into a list box. You can do this however many t...

MS-Access 2007. Report. Text box format problem
Hi, I am new to MS-Access. I have created a very simple report in MS-Access based on an imported Excel spreadsheet. The individual costs are held in field "Item Cost". Each instance of the field is displayed on the report and the field has NO Format property associated. On the report the field displays with a currency symbol and two decimal places - which is what I want. I guess the currency format of the field is being picked up from the original Excel spreadsheet. I have in the report footer the total of "Item Cost" which is calculated by =Sum([Item Cost]). This calculation gives the correct value for the sum, but I cannot control the display format. In the report Design view this field =Sum([Item Cost]) has a property sheet which contains a format value of "Currency". However, on the generated report this value just displays as a standard decimal. How do I get the report to display =Sum([Item Cost]) with a leading currency symbol (UK Sterling in my case) and two decimal places? Thanks Clive "Clive" <clive_long@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8678680d-5123-4263-98c2-cfbb739fd5bb@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am new to MS-Access. > > I have created a very simple report in MS-Access based on an > imported Excel spreadsheet. > > The individual costs are held in field "Item Cost". Each instance of > the field is displayed on the report and the field has N...

Re: How can labview update the string control (text-edit box) after we have pressed the carriage return key on the keyboard during text-editing within that box?
Hello Alberto, &nbsp; I have trouble to edit an exited text file and save it after the content changed. Can you please&nbsp;help me out? &nbsp; Thanks, Jason&nbsp; ...

Remove extraneous text in a text box
I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything except the folder path and file name? It's too much for me. C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\ = Foldername FileName.xls = Filename Bjarne "musicloverlch" skrev i meddelelsen news:3b273dd8-e1c7-43e9-84dc-2b9aee46ded6@e40g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything except the folder path and file name? It's too much for me. The text must come from some VBA coding... Checkout VBA module for the form where the text box belongs, and search for the text... Correct the VBA code to what u need...(Folder and FileName) Bjarne "bsn" skrev i meddelelsen news:4e2dfb3d$0$56791$edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk... C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\ = Foldername FileName.xls = Filename Bjarne "musicloverlch" skrev i meddelelsen news:3b273dd8-e1c7-43e9-84dc-2b9aee46ded6@e40g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything excep...

How to get text in text box to wrap?
The variable {job-name} in this code snippet does NOT wrap, resulting in the text running off the page. How would I get job-name to word wrap? pageWidth 36 mul % x = pageWidth * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 36 mul % y = pageHeight * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 2 mul add % y += 1 line 2 copy % Copy X & Y moveto (Title: ) RIGHT moveto ({job-name}) show This postscript file is from the CUPS printing application on a Linux system. Here is the complete file: FILE: /usr/share/cups/banners/standard %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792 %%Pages: 1 %%LanguageLevel: 1 %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit %%DocumentSuppliedResources: procset bannerprint/1.0 %%DocumentNeededResources: font Helvetica Helvetica-Bold Times-Roman %%Creator: Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products %%CreationDate: May 10, 2000 %%Title: Test Page %%EndComments %%BeginProlog %%BeginResource procset bannerprint 1.1 0 % % PostScript banner page for the Common UNIX Printing System ("CUPS"). % % Copyright 1993-2005 Easy Software Products % % These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the % property of Easy Software Products and are protected by Federal % copyright law. Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file % "LICENSE.txt" which should have been included with this file. If this % file is missing or damaged please contact Easy Software Products % at: % % Attn: CUPS Licensing Information % Easy Software Products % 44141 Airport View Drive...

format bold text in a text box
I have a text box with this: =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to format bold and the other text not. Could I do this? You would needt use an RTF control for this. Hav a look at http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm -- Terry Kreft "yiannis" <postnews@freemail.gr> wrote in message news:eeatc8$oql$1@volcano1.grnet.gr... > I have a text box with this: > =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname] > > I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to format bold and the other text not. > > Could I do this? > > ...

Highlight text and Text Box Control
C5.0b PE legacy Hello! I have one invoice application with the text area for variable customer announcement. It is now filled and printed using the standard Arial characters. Is there any easy and cheap method to highlight these messages? (Compare "Word text") TIA Riku Maki ...

Text box linked to combo box
Good day, I am new to Access and need a question answered please. I have a form based on a table (tblQualityEmployees), for some of the fields it looks up a value in another table (tblGroups). The tblQualityEmployees consists of the following: EmployeeID FirstName LastName Group1 Group2 Group3 Group4 Group5 The tblGroups consists of the following: GroupID Groups Description What i want to do is, in the form have text box that displays the Group description next to each group. I tried making the "Control Source" field Group1 combo. This brings in the relevant ID number which is...

Different text styles in the same text box
I am developing a bibliographic database. I am creating a report with bibliographic references like this: - Joyce, Ulysses, London, Penguin Press, 2002. The last string has been obtained by an expression like this: [author] & [text] & [city] & [publisher] & [date] Now there's a problem. I'd like to get different styles for the different fields (ex: italics for the author, underlined for the book title, etc). Is it possible? Thanks in advance Davide If I'm not mistaken there is a rich-text control that comes with VB that would allow you to do this, but I don't t...

Box of text with width of another text
Hi, how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of another? For example, is there a command like \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? Best regars, Paul Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \usepackage{calc} \makebox[\widthof{$T$}]{$T_a$} Ciao Enrico Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \llap{$T_a$}\phantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \rlap{$T_a$}\hphantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. ...

Combo box fills text box
Hello again, I have a form that fills a text box with data according to the selection in the combo box. Two questions please: 1) The combo box does not have a control source so when opening the form, the combo box is empty but the text box already contains the first record. What do I need to do to either have both the combo box and text box empty on open or have both contain the first record on open. (If it takes VBA code, please point me in the right direction as I have not worked with it since '99). 2) I'm getting a runtime error 3077 on one of the records. I checked it to see i...

Sorting Delimited Text in a Text Box
Access 2003. The situation is this: I have a "criteria selection form" in which there are a many different criteria, mostly displayed as combo and text boxes in which a user can enter stuff, click an associated button and that criteria becomes part of the where clause of a select statement. The selected criteria is stored on a hidden form and when the user is ready to run their report(s), a button action goes through the hidden form and builds a select statement. For example, say buildings has a partial combo box list which shows: PK (hidden) Bldg Name 1 Arts Building 2 Biology Building 6 Chemistry Building 8 Student Building A user want to look at records from Chemistry and Arts, so the hidden form "SQL WHERE STAEMENT" field would store values like this when Arts was selected: BLDG_PK = 1 Then, altered to look like this when Chemistry is selected: BLDG_PK IN (1, 6) And so on as more buildings may or may not be selected. That's all well and good. However, along with the "SQL WHERE STAEMENT" field, there's also a "CRITERIA DESCRIPTION" field. This adds the Building Names so that the user sees a criteria view somewhere that is also reproduced as a report header which lists the buildings selected. I'm using a line break, vbcrlf, as a delimiter here. So if the user selected in the same order as in the example, the "CRITERIA DESCRIPTION" field will look...

Deselecting text in input text box
I have a text input box and I don't want the text to be selected either when the user tabs to the item or if the user clicks on it. Now the function below which I found from 2002 in the archive works fine for IE 6 but it works in neither Netscape 7 nor Firefox 1.0. I'm hoping some of you might have an alternative suggestion or insight for Netscape and Firefox. Code that works in IE6: function clearSelection () { if (document.selection) document.selection.empty(); else if (window.getSelection) window.getSelection().removeAllRanges(); } <input type="text" name=...

passing text fom text box to sql
Hi I hope someone can help me simplified scenario The situation: microsoft access 2000 TABLE is a list of surnames SQL query is SELECT surname FROM table WHERE surname =("SomeSurname") FORM has a buttons and a text box I want to be able to type "SomeSurname" into Text Box and then click button to run SQL query with SomeSurname and open results in a datasheet sheet View I try as i may I can not do thisI have tried DoCmd OpenQuery DoCmd.RunSQL ect any help appreciated Boris, AIR CODE ALERT I assume tboxSurname and btnSearch exist on some form. The form also has a su...

Save Text from GUI Edit Text Box
Hi there! I'm very new to MatLab, this is probably very easy to do - please, if you can, give me very explicit instructions. I'm creating a GUI in GUIDE that has a editable text box. I want a button that, when clicked, will write that text to a text file (in this case, directory.txt). If there is a way to browse for a directory and input the directory into the text box in the GUI, that would be way awesome, but it's not a priority. Thanks very much everybody! "Kyle " <kylebshr@gmail.com> wrote in message <jucb5d$s0b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... ...

I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I...
I have a Text control string box with some initial text. I would like to highlight old text with click of mouse and type in new data from keyboard I have a text control string box with some initial text (says: Please enter Name). I would like the operator to click on the text control box and have it automatically highlight so that when new data is typed in the old erases (all at once) and the new data is now in the text box. I tried using the "Text.Selection" property node and when I run it and put the mouse inside the text box the initial text is highlighted and if I press "de...

Web resources about - text box dependent on other text box entry - comp.databases.ms-access

List of sovereign states and dependent territories by population density - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...
... measured by the number of human inhabitants per square kilometre or square mile. The list includes sovereign states and self-governing dependent ...

US market too dependent on a few large-cap stocks
Take out Amazon, Google, Netflix and a few others and the US market looks very shaky.

EXCLUSIVE: Robert Rector Details 370 Percent Increase of Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents on Food ...
EXCLUSIVE: Robert Rector Details 370 Percent Increase of Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents on Food Stamps

The airlines most dependent on fees
As much as 15 percent of some airlines' total revenue comes from bag and cancellation fees.

Study: Coal Powered Electric Vehicles Make Europe More Dependent On Fossil Fuels
Study: Coal Powered Electric Vehicles Make Europe More Dependent On Fossil Fuels

Estimating Shock Dependent Exchange Rate Pass-Through
We show that in a standard open-economy model the relationship between exchange rates and prices depends on the shocks which cause the exchange ...

Who Can I Claim as a Dependent?
... months, you'll want to do everything you can in order to cut your tax bill. One way that many families reduce their taxes is by claiming dependents ...

Have Older Adults Become Increasingly Dependent On Opioids?
Despite commonly held beliefs, America's opioid epidemic is not only impacting the country's youth; it's also increasingly affecting older populations. ...

Defense Department data: Military dependents are sexually abused hundreds of times a year
... – Defense Department data show the children of service members are sexually assaulted hundreds of times each year. The abuse of military dependents ...

Wheelchair dependent model blasts Kylie Jenner's fashion shoot
Interview Magazine is defending its photo shoot featuring reality TV star Kylie Jenner in a wheelchair.