Text Box to List Box

Every month I get a huge list of product codes I need to track.  I have
written a very detailed script to perform this task.

The problem is, I copied someone else's form because I was in a rush.
I have yet to sit down to tweak this, but I'm hoping I can use a
bandaid rather than re-write the process.

The form I use allows you to enter (or cut-and-paste) one product code
at a time into a combo box.  You press a button and the contents empty
into a list box.  You can do this however many times you need to, with
the list box adding a new record each time.  My script reads the
listbox and works its magic, looping through each value.

This is fine and all, but I'd really love to be able to cut-and-paste
the original list into a text box, press a button and have that list
parse out into the list box.  I'm feeling a little fried at the moment,
anyone got any code lying around that can perform this task?

0
manningfan (352)

ManningFan wrote:
> Every month I get a huge list of product codes I need to track.  I have
> written a very detailed script to perform this task.
>
> The problem is, I copied someone else's form because I was in a rush.
> I have yet to sit down to tweak this, but I'm hoping I can use a
> bandaid rather than re-write the process.
>
> The form I use allows you to enter (or cut-and-paste) one product code
> at a time into a combo box.  You press a button and the contents empty
> into a list box.  You can do this however many times you need to, with
> the list box adding a new record each time.  My script reads the
> listbox and works its magic, looping through each value.
>
> This is fine and all, but I'd really love to be able to cut-and-paste
> the original list into a text box, press a button and have that list
> parse out into the list box.  I'm feeling a little fried at the moment,
> anyone got any code lying around that can perform this task?

Why don't you just work your magic and write some
code that reads the list you receive. Skip the other
guy's code that uses the form, listbox and whatever
else you don't understand.

0
rkc1870 (593)
8/23/2006 8:34:09 PM
I ended up doing it anyway.  Pain in the butt because I had to strip
carriage returns and line feeds.

rkc wrote:
> ManningFan wrote:
> > Every month I get a huge list of product codes I need to track.  I have
> > written a very detailed script to perform this task.
> >
> > The problem is, I copied someone else's form because I was in a rush.
> > I have yet to sit down to tweak this, but I'm hoping I can use a
> > bandaid rather than re-write the process.
> >
> > The form I use allows you to enter (or cut-and-paste) one product code
> > at a time into a combo box.  You press a button and the contents empty
> > into a list box.  You can do this however many times you need to, with
> > the list box adding a new record each time.  My script reads the
> > listbox and works its magic, looping through each value.
> >
> > This is fine and all, but I'd really love to be able to cut-and-paste
> > the original list into a text box, press a button and have that list
> > parse out into the list box.  I'm feeling a little fried at the moment,
> > anyone got any code lying around that can perform this task?
> >

> Why don't you just work your magic and write some
> code that reads the list you receive. Skip the other
> guy's code that uses the form, listbox and whatever
> else you don't understand.

0
manningfan (352)

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks in advance Colin Colin, why don't you create the combobox, with from a table or query with all the information you need and use cboComboboxname.column(0), cboComboboxname.colum(1) etc etc...to populate the fields you want? HTH Michael "Colin Ward" <cward002@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:2a660c80.0308010710.26b3257@posting.google.com... > Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose > a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the > same form to display the description of that product. right now I can > get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to > what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description > which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. > > here is the code: > > Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() > txtP...

Auto-Fill text box from list box
To All: There is a list box populated with text (ie.names of places). A user makes a selection by scrolling through and double-clicking in the list box. This selection is then shown in a text box. How can I eliminate the user's need to scroll through the list box and double-clicking the selections? Is there a way of automatically filling the text box with matches from the list box as the user is typing in the text box? There seems to be no direct autofill property based on user input at runtime. All help appreciated. Z "Zuzka" <zuzkamiernik@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using...

Problem with Ms Access List Box
When i add a string to Ms Access List box which contains coma "," in it the string is separated and added as separate rows -- sree Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

Adding Combo Box Text To A Text Box
I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any help is appreciated. This will do it: Private Sub ComboBox_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.Textbox) Then Me.Textbox = ComboBox Else Me.Textbox = Me.Textbox & vbNewLine & ComboBox End If End Sub Wayne wrote: >I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value >from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to >do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: > >Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox > >I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in >the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using >Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. > >I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any >help is appreciated. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http:/...

Show Text box on Top of another Text Box
Hi, I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are m= et it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top of= it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) an= d have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the condit= ional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. How do I do that? Thanks, Barry On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are= met it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top = of it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) = and have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the cond= itional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. > > How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Barry Why not overlay the textbox and set Visible =3D False. Then when true change to Visible =3D True. Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote in news:21224033.2400.1333297115162.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbbdy 9: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain > conditions are met it display either Green or Red. I want to put > another text box on top of it (this text box is smaller than the > "conditional formating" text box) and hav...

Access 2003 post SP3 hotfix
"Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or incorrect values in Access 2003 after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3." And a few more problems SP3 introduced. Description of the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: December 18, 2007 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674 Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/ Tony Toews [MVP] wrote: > "Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or > incorrect values in Access 2003 after you install Office 2003 Service > Pack 3." And a few more problems SP3 introduced. > > Description of the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: > December 18, 2007 > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674 > > Tony Maybe SP3 was released to get people to move to A2007. On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:25:21 -0800, Salad <oil@vinegar.com> wrote: No, that was A2007 SP1. It's no conspiracy theory to think that many people wait until the first service pack before they adopt a new version. The same is happening with Vista. -Tom. <clip> > >Maybe SP3 was released to get people to move to A2007. Tom van Stiphout wrote: > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:25:21 -0800, Sala...

MS-Access 2007. Report. Text box format problem
Hi, I am new to MS-Access. I have created a very simple report in MS-Access based on an imported Excel spreadsheet. The individual costs are held in field "Item Cost". Each instance of the field is displayed on the report and the field has NO Format property associated. On the report the field displays with a currency symbol and two decimal places - which is what I want. I guess the currency format of the field is being picked up from the original Excel spreadsheet. I have in the report footer the total of "Item Cost" which is calculated by =Sum([Item Cost]). This calculation gives the correct value for the sum, but I cannot control the display format. In the report Design view this field =Sum([Item Cost]) has a property sheet which contains a format value of "Currency". However, on the generated report this value just displays as a standard decimal. How do I get the report to display =Sum([Item Cost]) with a leading currency symbol (UK Sterling in my case) and two decimal places? Thanks Clive "Clive" <clive_long@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8678680d-5123-4263-98c2-cfbb739fd5bb@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am new to MS-Access. > > I have created a very simple report in MS-Access based on an > imported Excel spreadsheet. > > The individual costs are held in field "Item Cost". Each instance of > the field is displayed on the report and the field has N...

Populate 2nd list box from 1st list box choice
I have 1st list box from table Grain 2nd list box from related table Varieties, related by GrainID At the moment Grain listbox is on its own form and Variety listbox is on subform in Grain form. Variety form has all the costing records related to it in another subform. (3 deep) This all works for except that all the records in Variety are shown. By seleting Grain and then select Variety i get the correct results in the Costs subform. What i would like to do is only show records in Variety listbox that relate to the choice made in Grain listbox 2 things is it possible to have the 2 listboxe...

Emailing multiple list box items from ms access using Lotus Notes
I am using Ms Access to send email automatically through Lotus Notes. What I require now is that I have a List Box in my form which when loads,fills in the data's from the backend table. In the body of the mail,I use the object that contains the item selected from the list. i.e. MailDoc.Body=ListBox225.Column(0) & List225.Column(1) When an email is generated,it output is as below. 126 Rupam. Now I want a syntax code that would include multiple rows from the list box and not just 1 row. Please can you help me with this I am in desparate need of it. Your help much appreciated. Reg...

LIst box to combobx edit box
hi, i am new to mfc.i have one doubt. i have one combobox ,one edit box.the combobox data and listbox data are added to list box.If i click the added data of listbox,it should select combobox data,edit box.something like combobox has black,blue green data.in edit box i have entered 5.from combobox i selected black.in list box it appears black colour,number 5 added.if i double click the list box text,blak in combobox,and 5 in edit box should appear. thanks in advance ...

value in list box or combo box
i would like to use combobox or list box in a form for data entry do i have to have a table with value in it and the combobox or list box should look in to that table or i type in the values. 'cause when i create a form with text box and change it to combobox the box is empty there are no records in it . On Apr 12, 10:29 am, "access baby" <nishkr...@gmail.com> wrote: > i would like to use combobox or list box in a form for data entry do i > have to have a table with value in it and the combobox or list box > should look in to that table or i type in the values. 'cause when i > create a form with text box and change it to combobox the box is empty > there are no records in it . It's best to create the combobox seperately, as when you create it, a wizard will appear giving you options. When you change a textbox to a combobox these options that are usually inputted in the wizard, are unknown and thus it doesn't work. Try creating a combobox from the toolbox and read all the options carefully, and it will also ask you what record source to pull from. On Apr 12, 10:29 am, "access baby" <nishkr...@gmail.com> wrote: > i would like to use combobox or list box in a form for data entry do i > have to have a table with value in it and the combobox or list box > should look in to that table or i type in the values. 'cause when i > create a form with text box and change it to combobox the box is empty &...

LIst box to combobx edit box
hi, i am new to mfc.i have one doubt. i have one combobox ,one edit box.the combobox data and listbox data are added to list box.If i click the added data of listbox,it should select combobox data,edit box.something like combobox has black,blue green data.in edit box i have entered 5.from combobox i selected black.in list box it appears black colour,number 5 added.if i double click the list box text,blak in combobox,and 5 in edit box should appear. thanks in advance ...

Combo box fills text box
Hello again, I have a form that fills a text box with data according to the selection in the combo box. Two questions please: 1) The combo box does not have a control source so when opening the form, the combo box is empty but the text box already contains the first record. What do I need to do to either have both the combo box and text box empty on open or have both contain the first record on open. (If it takes VBA code, please point me in the right direction as I have not worked with it since '99). 2) I'm getting a runtime error 3077 on one of the records. I checked it to see i...

Text box linked to combo box
Good day, I am new to Access and need a question answered please. I have a form based on a table (tblQualityEmployees), for some of the fields it looks up a value in another table (tblGroups). The tblQualityEmployees consists of the following: EmployeeID FirstName LastName Group1 Group2 Group3 Group4 Group5 The tblGroups consists of the following: GroupID Groups Description What i want to do is, in the form have text box that displays the Group description next to each group. I tried making the "Control Source" field Group1 combo. This brings in the relevant ID number which is...

help: combo box vs. text box
Please help! I have a table "tblDept" with columns like DeptName, DeptChair, DeptPhone. In a form, I created a combo list that holds all the DeptName. By selecting one of the DeptName from the combo list, I want the DeptChair and DeptPhone to be shown automatically in two text boxes. The following code is trying to show the DeptChair in a text box. Private Sub cboDeptName_AfterUpdate() Dim MySQL MySQL = "SELECT DeptChair " MySQL = MySQL & "FROM tblDept " MySQL = MySQL & "WHERE AttorneyName = " MySQL = MySQL & "'" &...

Update Combo Box from a Text Box Help
I am trying to make a combo box dependent on a text box. I cannot get the combo box to pull the related data from the text box. I have been all over this user group & have tried several versions of code to no avail. I would like to display all contact names (in the combo box) related to the customer number in the text box. Here's what I have: Table: TOrdAck Fields: OACustID, OAContact Table: TCust Fields: CustID, CompanyID, CompanyName Note: The OACustID and the CustID establishes the relationship between the two tables. Query: QCust Fields: TOrdAck. OACustID, TOrdAck.OAContact, TCust.CustID, TCust.CompanyID Form name: FOACust Record Source: QCust Textbox Name: CustID Control Source: OACustID Control Box Name: Combo78 Row Source Type: Table/Query Row Source: <empty> In the After Update event in my textbox CustID, I have the following code: ******************* Private Sub CustID_AfterUpdate() Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "Select " & Me!CustID strSQL = strSQL & " from TOrdAck" Me!Combo78.RowSourceType = "Table/Query" Me!Combo78.RowSource = strSQL Me!Combo78.Requery End Sub ******************** I would like to have the combo box display any OAContacts that match the CustID. All I get is a blank combo box even if there are multiple contact names that match the CustID. I have also tried the following code, but get the same result: ******************** Private Sub CustID_AfterUpdate() Me...

Unwanted transparent list boxes and edit boxes
I have a GUI in which I create several (~15) list boxes for selecting items from a database. I loop through some code to create the list boxes. For some reason on some computers the first list box (and only the first one) shows up transparent below the text. i.e. If there are only three items in the string of options, below the three items is transparent and I can see the text from below the figure (like the text from the Matlab Editor window directly underneath it for instance). I also have a couple edit boxes that are defined in the GUIDE created fig file that do a similar thing, alt...

Report based on check box and list box...
I have a form (Change Card List by Status) with a check box (cboNOT) and a list box (lstStatus). There is an Open Report button that opens a report (Report - Change Card List) which uses a query (SQL -Change Card List). What I want to do is have the form open the report where a filter is set to use the values from the check box AND the value selected from the list box to generate the report. What I can't figure out is how to use the check box's value in this filter. If the check box is not checked the the filter would only be based on the list box selection, but if the check box is selected, the filter will select all records where NOT list box selection = table.field. So basically it seems like the filter needs to be changed based on the check box. I think maybe a text string in code in a click event on the Open Report button could set this filter string, but from that point I don't know how to get the form to open the report (it in not currently done by code) and how to set the filter of the report to the form string. Thanks for your help! On Jan 11, 11:08=A0am, Andrew Meador <amead...@hotmail.com> wrote: > =A0 =A0I have a form (Change Card List by Status) with a check box > (cboNOT) and a list box (lstStatus). There is an Open Report button > that opens a report (Report - Change Card List) which uses a query > (SQL -Change Card List). > > =A0 =A0What I want to do is have the form open the report where a filter > is...

Populate text boxes with combo box selection
I need to populate text boxes for instance with employee information using their unique employee works number selected from a combo box. Can anyone help, I am told thru visual basic this can be achieved. godber wrote: > I need to populate text boxes for instance with employee information > using their unique employee works number selected from a combo box. > Can anyone help, I am told thru visual basic this can be achieved. You can do it without VBA. Add extra columns to the combo box Set the width of the columns to 0 if you want to hide them In the text bnoxes you want to show the...

update a text box using combo box
Hi all, I have 3 unbound combo boxes in my form which basically helps me to filter for values. I need to update a text box which will be stored with the value I receive after filtering with the combo boxes. I know of the column(n) method (derived from the third combo). However if the user does any sort of manipulation in the first or second combo then the value in the text box doesn't change accordingly. Is there any other way to update the text box in a more accurate way. Please help. TIA -- Regards, B Burghew wrote: > Hi all, > > I have 3 unbound combo boxes in my for...

combo box / text box php mysql
this is the the code, now here is the final result.... I get one combo box and one tex box come up, but they are empty... DAMN!!! Any ideas on what Im doing wrong please.. Thanks Again <?php require_once('..\library_database\Connections\onlinequote.php'); ?> <? function select_cases_price () { $qy = "SELECT SellingPrice, Description FROM cases"; $rs = mysql_query ($qy) or die (mysql_error ()); while (mysql_fetch_array ($rs)) { $select .= "<option value='{$r[0]}'>{$r[0]}</option>\n"; $prices[] = $r{1}; } return array ($select, $prices);...

Listbox based on text box and combo box.
On an unbound form, I have a combobox called 'cboproducttype' and a text box called 'txtamountappliedfor'. I have an Add button that I would like the user to be able to hit once a product and amount applied for has been entered. This should populate an unbound listbox to display their selections. A user can select one or more sets of product types and the amount applied for. They should also have the functionality to remove a 'set' if they made a mistake without the need to rebuild the whole listbox of selections. Then - I want to loop through the listbox of selections to see what is being requested. (I know how to do this part - just wanted to let you all know why I am doing this) My question - to populate the listbox - I was starting with just updating the recordsource and having the recordsource type set to 'value list'. However this seems to cause a few issues. For instance, I couldn't display the amount as applied for as currency. Am I going down the wrong road? Should I consider a querydef? Or should the way I was thinking work? Thanks, -Brian On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:40:16 -0700, BerkshireGuy <berkshireguy2005-commerical@yahoo.com> wrote: The listbox displays text. You can format a value as currency before adding to the listbox: MyListbox.RowSource = Format$(txtAmountAppliedFor, "Currency") 'etc. > >On an unbound form, I have a combobox called 'cboproducttype' and a >text box calle...

Web resources about - Text Box to List Box - comp.databases.ms-access

Text - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Education letters: year 12 English text, No Sugar, a giant stretch for EAL students
The Year 12 English syllabus needs to include texts that are challenging and interesting but also with a level and style of English that migrant ...

Scanner Pro for iOS updated to version 7 w/ text recognition, workflows, more
... for iOS has today received a hefty update. The latest update brings the app to version 7 and includes a host of new features, including text ...

Cola Messenger Looks to Simplify Text Messaging on iOS
... with friends by allowing them to send interactive ‘Cola Bubbles’ in the chat window. When chatting in Cola Messenger, users can send text messages, ...

WhatsApp testing text formatting to include bold and italics in messages
The latest beta release of WhatsApp features some basic text formatting options including bold and italics. While features in beta versions of ...

Android N Multi-Window Includes Ability To Drag & Drop Text
Now that Android N is officially here in a preview form and everyone has had a chance to digest its arrival, the details on what is on offer ...

Text Messages: Lewandowski Never ‘Acknowledged’ Grabbing Michelle Fields, Despite Erroneous Daily Beast ...
Text messages between myself and Corey Lewandowski, Donald Trump’s campaign manager, prove that an article in The Daily Beast that alleged Lewandowski ...

Full text: Adam LaRoche's statement on leaving White Sox
Below is the full statement released by Adam LaRoche via Twitter .

Teen who plotted mom's murder via text files appeal
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania teenager sentenced to 35 years to life for plotting with her soldier boyfriend via text message to kill ...

Read the 28 Insane Texts This Woman Got After She Cancelled a Blind Date
... decided to be a psycho."​ To add yet anther piece of evidence to the case of men not taking rejection lightly, a woman uploaded an insane text ...