Time Of Day From a time

Anyone know how to calulacute the time of day, ie hour 1-24 for a time
stored in a database, using just a time in a record???

Dennis Mason
N6PDB
dennis@bonnydoonfire.org

0
shit9017 (1)

shit wrote:
> Anyone know how to calulacute the time of day, ie hour 1-24 for a time
> stored in a database, using just a time in a record???
>
> Dennis Mason
> N6PDB
> dennis@bonnydoonfire.org

If you stored the time value as a DateTime data type, you can display it
in 24hr time using the Format() function:

   Format(time_column,"hh")

In Debug window:

   ? format(now(),"hh")
     19

Now() is 4/12/2006 7:01:11 PM.   1900 = 7PM.

--
MGFoster:::mgf00 <at> earthlink <decimal-point> net
Oakland, CA (USA)

Inserting Date/Time into MS Access Database
I'm trying to insert a timestamp into an MS Access Database using the Labview database connectivity toolset.&nbsp; However, I keep getting an error saying that the parameter is in the incorrect format.&nbsp; I'm using the "DB Tools Format DateTime String.vi", and it doesn't seem to be working. Hello, I don't have the answer to your question, but.... How did you get information to be written into MS Access from labview. Thanks. If you are using this function to create the date but using SQL to put the date into the DB, this is probably the cause of your problem, because the VI adds a header to your string which is removed later by the parser. If you want to use this date in an SQL command, you should build it yourself or remove the header. &nbsp; As for roboticstudent, just look at the examples in the example finder to see how to interact with databases. I tried it both ways.&nbsp; I tried using the format date/time into string where it would return "11/7/05 8:22:34 PM", which I then tried to insert in to the DB, but to no avail.&nbsp; I even tried various formats, changing the order of the numbers, etc., but it doesn't seem to work. It would be easiest if you post your code, or at least an image of it. Also, which error exactly are you getting? Is it possible you're trying to enter a string into a numeric field (for example)? If I define a date\time field in Access and then use Insert Data (with the LV format...

Inserting Date/Time into MS Access Database #2
Hi All I am using Labview 8.0. I am able to write the Date in MS Access but i am not able to read it through Labview. In my case i have to read the data where Start Date=02/10/2007 and End Date= 23/10/2007. I am using this command - SELECT*From Table_Name Where Date between '02/10/2007' AND '23/10/2007'&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; but i am getting error - Error -2147217887 occurred at Conn Execute.vi-&gt;Untitled 2.vi Possible reason(s):Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: ODBC driver does not support the requested properties. in Conn Execute.vi-&gt;Untitled 2.vi Please give suggestion to read the data. regards J ...

MS Access
Hi, I have a database in MS Access 2007, multiuser set up, however only one person can get into the database at a time. Thanks in advance for your help. Trish Trish wrote: > Hi, > > I have a database in MS Access 2007, multiuser set up, however only > one person can get into the database at a time. > > Thanks in advance for your help. > > Trish Do you have /excl in the command line to open the database. Is the second user getting an error message? You might want to be a little more verbose in your problem description...like error messages, method of opening the file, and the like. Hi, Trish wrote: > I have a database in MS Access 2007, multiuser set up, however only > one person can get into the database at a time. Check the users rights, they must have the right to create and delete files in the database folder. Regards Jens On May 12, 2:31=A0pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote: > Trish wrote: > > Hi, > > > I have a database in MS Access 2007, multiuser set up, however only > > one person can get into the database at a time. > > > Thanks in advance for your help. > > > Trish > > Do you have /excl in the command line to open the database. > > Is the second user getting an error message? =A0You might want to be a > little more verbose in your problem description...like error messages, > method of opening the file, and the like. I will double-check the command l...

time in milliseconds by calling time.time()
I am trying to measure some system response time by using the time.time () or time.clock() in my script. However, the numbers I get are in 10s of milliseconds. For example, 1248481670.34 #from time.time() 0.08 #from time.clock() That won't work for me, since the response time may be only a few milliseconds. My environment is Solaris 10 with Python 2.4.4 (#7, Feb 9 2007, 22:10:21). SunOS 5.10 Generic_137112-07 i86pc i386 i86pc The tricky thing is, if I run the python interpreter and import the time module, I can get a time floating number in better precision by cal...

Adding a time period to a time-of-day value
I have a situation in a Korn shell script in which I have to add a time period variable, in the form "hhmm", to a time-of-day time variable, also in the form "hhmm", both being in 24-hour format. Both variables have already been validated to ensure that they are formatted correctly. Is there any comand/script which will add these 2 together to get a new time-of-day? For example, I have a time-of-day variable containing "1430" (2:30 PM), and a time period variable containing "340" (3 hours and 40 minutes). I want to add them together to get "1810&q...

"You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" (Access 2003)
Hi, All of a sudden one of our clients can't use her application. She gets "You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" when trying to open our application. The only thing she did today, according to her, was to download and install an Avery label wizard. She has rebooted and there are no other versions of Access running. The shortcut that launches the application does point to a version of Access (2003) because the installation wizard found an existing version on her PC. I believe it points to Office 11. Any ideas? -paulw Nevermind. She uninstalled the Avery Label Wizard and the problem went away! -paulw ...

covert standard time (AMPM time) to Military time
What is the best way to covert standard time (AMPM time) to Military time? data test; input @1 mytime 5.; @6 ampm $2.; cards; 04:20AM 07:30PM 05:27AM 00:00PM 01:00AM 12:49AM 12:59PM ; run; Hi Lee, Try this... data test; input @1 mytime $ 5. @6 ampm $2.; new=compress(mytime||ampm); new_var=input(new,time8.); format new_var time.; cards; 04:20AM 07:30PM 05:27AM 00:00PM 01:00AM 12:49AM 12:59PM ; run; On Feb 12, 1:22=A0am, hummingbird10...@HOTMAIL.COM (Annie Lee) wrote: > What is the best way to covert standard time (AMPM time) to Military time= ? > > data test; > input >...

convert time string in UTC to time in local time
I'm guessing there is an easy way to do this but I keep going around in circles in the documentation. I have a time stamp that looks like this (corresponding to UTC time): start_time = '2007-03-13T15:00:00Z' I want to convert it to my local time. start_time = time.mktime(time.strptime(start_time, '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M: 00Z')) start_time -= time.timezone This was working fine now, but if I do it for a date next week (such as March 13th in the above example), it breaks because my local time moves to daylight savings time this weekend. So my time is now off by an hour....

Timing run time
I would like to compare the speed of two algorithms solving the same problem. As far as I understood, the tic-toc command gives the time difference between the beginning and the end of the computation, without taking into account the time spent by the processor doing something else. I'm using a multi-processor multi-users machine and the CPU time used by my process is not 100% and is not constant. The measured speeds are fluctuating so much that I can hardly conclude anything. Is it possible to obtain realistic measurements of the speed of my algorithms? Thanks for your help Dear Didi...

timing and timing reports (again)
hi ich have question about timing. i have an edk design with microblaze (using spartan 3e 500) where i use an ip core that i wrote myself. when i implement the design i get the following timing output in my console. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Constraint | Check | Worst Case | Best Case | Timing | Timing | | Slack | Achievable | Errors | Score -------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

time.time() strangeness
Hello, today I encountered a very odd situation. I am on Windows Vista and usin= g = Python 2.5.2. Here's a code snippet to illustrate my problem: # uncomment the next line to trigger the problem # myExtensionModule.CreateDirect3D9Device() import time for i in range(0,100): print time.time() With the line commented time.time() returns a changing value which is wh= at = I expect. However, when I uncomment it and create a Direct3D9 Device = [1][2] it keeps printing the very same number over and over! In my proje= ct = I am using twisted which uses time.time() to schedule all calls. Since = time.time() is completely screwed the whole application breaks. I took a look at [3], but I can't see any obivous way how this all = interacts. Specifically I am not sure which API time.time() uses = internally (timeGetTime maybe?). Knowing this could probably help me deb= ug = more. I feel like time.time() should not break (unless the vid card = driver/directx has a major bug). Any idea what might be happening here? Replacing time.time() with time.clock() in twisted.python.runtime makes = = the problem disappear. I guess because it uses QueryPerformanceCounter. Thanks for your time, -Matthias References: [1] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb172527(VS.85).aspx [2] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb172527(VS.85).aspx [3] = http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/Modules/timemodule.c?rev=3D59678= &view=3Dmarkup Nitro <nitro@dr-c...

Time + time.local
Hi - I cant seem to get localtime to work, can anyone share some gotchas? ## check environment is setup [dc@fox:~]$ echo $TZ Japan/Tokyo [dc@fox:~]$ irb irb(main):001:0> ENV['TZ'] => "Japan/Tokyo" # so the env is coming through ok... or is it? irb(main):021:0> u=Time.now.utc => Tue Jan 04 06:21:25 UTC 2011 irb(main):019:0> t1=Time.now.localtime => Tue Jan 04 06:21:02 +0000 2011 irb(main):020:0> t1.zone => "UTC" ### so it seems zone is being ignored # is there any way to override/forcibly set the timezone? ir...

Time Divided by Time is What?
I thought a time quantity divided by a time quantity would be a real, but it seems to be an integer. Can anyone confirm that? I can't find a reference that discusses this. Rick On Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:12:31 PM UTC-5, rickman wrote: > I thought a time quantity divided by a time quantity would be a real, but it seems to be an integer. Can anyone confirm that? I can't find a reference that discusses this. Rick Yes, time/time is an integer. If you need more precision than integer than you can do something like this as an example... real(time/1ps)/1E12 Kevin Jennings On 11/17/2012 9:17 PM, KJ wrote: > On Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:12:31 PM UTC-5, rickman wrote: >> I thought a time quantity divided by a time quantity would be a real, but it seems to be an integer. Can anyone confirm that? I can't find a reference that discusses this. Rick > > Yes, time/time is an integer. If you need more precision than integer than you can do something like this as an example... > > real(time/1ps)/1E12 > > Kevin Jennings That's essentially what I did. Thanks for the confirmation. My concern is that time has the potential of being much larger than an integer can hold, but then it would have a lot more precision than a real can hold either. I guess it is best to do time math in the time domain until you need to convert it to something else, like a trig function, e.g. sin(pi*1e-9*real((2*freq*no...

Times Returned by TIME()
I would have posted this on the Quicksilver group but couldn't find it. We have a Quicksilver system that picks up files from a Windows eftpos application. There have been some slowdowns in the process and we've added some logging to identify the culprit. When the QS app detects a file, it writes a log record using time derived from TIME(). It shells out to a Clipper app which returns ADIR() data on the file. What we are finding on the test PC (XP) is that the ADIR() time of the file is approximately 2 seconds later than the TIME() value recorded. Does anyone have an explanation? Th...

Re: Access to UTC time with servers running in local time
There is an undocumented way of getting the server's utc time in seconds just like the time() system call on the server would return it: select dbinfo( 'utc_current') from systables where tabid = 99 (There also is a dbinfo('utc_to_datetime', <some_utc_int>) to convert it to a string. But unfortunately it uses local time). If you want it in ascii and are willing to use esqlc, you could do this: #include <time.h> main() { struct tm *tm; exec sql begin declare section; int tim; exec sql end declare section; exec sql whenever error stop; exec sql database sysmaster; exec sql select dbinfo( 'utc_current') into :tim from systables where tabid = 99; printf("utc time %d\n", tim); tm = gmtime((time_t *)&tim); printf("%s\n", asctime(tm)); } Michael Jonathan Leffler wrote: > Pablo wrote: > > >>I am running server under Linux. >> >>Can I get the UTC time in servers with SQL sentences ? >> >>The 'current' and 'today' options always return local time, this >>server has several databases with differents time zones and I need to >>obtain UTC time, set the environment variable TZ=UTC+0 is not possible >>due to I'm not DBA. > > > > I've scrat...

time defference betweem two time when time is given in numeric
i want time defferance between two times,,, which given in numeric formate,,, &nbsp; vi si attached,.,, with,, &nbsp; if any one can help me... :smileysad: time difference.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/187064/1/time difference.vi Hiii, Conselis &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks for the reply man, yes thats wat i couldnt understand that it is already in the numeric format and i just have to change the format ...

vsftpd
I want to limit ftp access to certain times of day. I am using vsftp. Can anyone help? Should I changer to proftp? Randy Randy McLaughlin wrote: > I want to limit ftp access to certain times of day. > > I am using vsftp. > > Can anyone help? Should I changer to proftp? > > > Randy I don't know if vsFTPd supports this, but there are other ways. For instance, make some cron jobs that start/stop the service, or open/close the firewall. ...

Retrieve short time out of MS access
When I retrieve a time field out of MS Access. I get a negitive 1 The Access is 2000 can anyone help? Code $Query="SELECT * FROM tEvents where start_date between #".$given_b."# and #".$given_e."# order by start_date"; $rs->open ($Query, $DB_Conn, 3 ); // 3=adopenStatic $start_time = $rs->Fields['start_time']->Value; $end_time = $rs->Fields['end_time']->Value; ...

MS. Access, Time and billing template.
Hello all, Newbie to MS Access. I started using the Time and Billing template a couple of days ago. Now for the fun part, changing what I have to what I can use. Ok, On the screen I have two initial windows. The Database(minimized). and the main switchboard. If I'm in the report view window. I click on "Client billings by project" I'm asked to input dates for this report. I would like to create an input box that could override this date box, and ask to input "Projects" for the report. What I'm getting now is a listing of projects based on a date rang...

Time grand total in MS-Access
I have a video tape library that we use at work here in a MS-Access database. When originally desgined, we never thought ot convert the time on the fly into total seconds, but instead, we stored all of the times in hh:nn:ss format - because that is the way we thought about things around here, and which would make sense in our line of work. Well, now I am being asked to run some statistics, and my boss wants total time for created programming - meaning, he would like a sum of my length field. I have read some other postings saying to multiply my sum by 24. Sum(length) * 24 However, I get a result of 370.699722222223 If I change the resulting format to hh:nn:ss, I get 16:47:36 Am I on the right track? Am I getting the correct result? HELP!?! simondsm@gmail.com wrote in news:1153853357.212451.259260@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com: > I have a video tape library that we use at work here in a > MS-Access database. > > When originally desgined, we never thought ot convert the time > on the fly into total seconds, but instead, we stored all of > the times in hh:nn:ss format - because that is the way we > thought about things around here, and which would make sense > in our line of work. > > Well, now I am being asked to run some statistics, and my boss > wants total time for created programming - meaning, he would > like a sum of my length field. > > I have read some other postings saying to multiply my sum by > 24. > &...

Format times in MS Access 2002
Hello there, I'd like to have my minutes convert to hours and minutes in Access report in this format: hh:mm. For examples: 150 minutes converts to 2:30. I have this formula below used to work with my machine using Access 2002 SP3. =[Minutes]\60 & Format([Minutes] Mod 60,"\:00") However, if I run it on someone else's machine who has a newer verision of Access, it gave me error like #Name? for that field. I know it complains about "Format". If I use this: =[Minutes]\60 & ":" & [Minutes] Mod 60 This formular works but when there is n...

Detect idle time on access database
Hi, I have recently used the Microsoft that will detect idle time coding on my Access database and it works fine as long as you do not add any data or move from one form to another. As soon as you do that, when idling code kicks, an error message from Microsoft "Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close" comes up. Do you have any idea how that can be fixed? Thank you in advance. Liviu LG wrote: > Hi, > > I have recently used the Microsoft that will detect idle time coding on > my Access database and it works fine as long as you do not add any data > or move from one form to another. As soon as you do that, when idling > code kicks, an error message from Microsoft "Microsoft has > encountered a problem and needs to close" comes up. > Do you have any idea how that can be fixed? > Thank you in advance. > > Liviu > I'd remove the Microsoft that detects idle time. Seriously, how is idle time calculated/initiated? What's the code for idle time? You might want to Decompile your code then recompile. On the desktop icon to open the database enter /Decompile at the end of the command After you decompile, compact the database and then compile all of the code. Remember to recome the /Decompile after you do that. Here is the idling code that i'm using... http://support.microsoft.com/?id=128814 salad wrote: > LG wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > I have recently used the ...

database date-time variant to date-time in seconds, for numeric comparison operations
I am building a user&nbsp;login vi with Labview 8.2 that checks whether stored date/time values in the user record (MS SQL Server Express) have expired.&nbsp; I retrieve data/time values from the database as variants and use the database variant to data vi wired to a string data type, getting a mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM/PM output string.&nbsp; I can convert this to a numeric date/time for comparison to the current date/time by parsing the string and using the cluster to numeric date/time vi.&nbsp; In testing of this, sometimes I get off by an hour, due to DST confusion I suppose.&nbsp; This is not a killer issue.&nbsp; However, I am concerned about how this will work in other countries, where the variant to data conversion on a date/time value should sometines yield a dd/mm/yyyy etc. string perhaps (?) &nbsp; Is there a simpler, and internationally robust, way to do this?&nbsp; Ideally, it would be database platform independent, but for now I am only using SQL Express. &nbsp; Also, I have seen some forum items on problems with LV 8.2 databasevariant to data vi applied to date-time values. Does 8.2.1 fix this? &nbsp; Thanks. trbo_usr wrote:I am building a user&nbsp;login vi with Labview 8.2 that checks whether stored date/time values in the user record (MS SQL Server Express) have expired.&nbsp; I retrieve data/time values from the database as variants and use the database variant to data vi wired to a string data type, getting a m...

Web resources about - Time Of Day From a time - comp.databases.ms-access

Time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Two contrasting viewpoints on time divide many prominent philosophers. One view is that time is part of the fundamental structure of the universe ...

Time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Two contrasting viewpoints on time divide many prominent philosophers. One view is that time is part of the fundamental structure of the universe ...

Altus Times - http://altustimes.com
Local News, Sports, Obituaries, and Classifieds for Altus, OK Toggle navigation Altus Times Altus Times HOME NEWS SPORTS OBITS OPINION FEATURES ...

Asia Times Online :: Asian news hub providing the latest news and analysis from Asia
Asia Times Online. The Asia News Hub providing the latest news and analysis regarding economics, events and trends in business, economy and politics ...

The Asheville Citizen-Times - Asheville news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds ...
Asheville North Carolina News - citizen-times.com is the home page of Asheville North Carolina with in depth and updated Asheville local news. ...

electrical engineering, electronic engineering times, ee times, news, analysis, electronic design, products ...
Electronic Engineering Times is the industry resource for news, analysis, design ideas & solutions, products, education, & engaging with the ...

Local News, Community Events, Area Information - Fort Mill Times - Fort Mill, SC
DLS Retreading, which retreads truck tires, said today it has opened a manufacturing, warehousing, sales and service facility in Indian Land. ...

Corvallis Gazette-Times
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — West Albany senior-to-be Rachel Proteau finished in a tie for fifth place in the high jump by clearing 5 feet, 7 inches on ...

Latest Design Trends, Current Design Trends - International Design Times
International Design Times Inc. is the leading provider of trendy arts and designs in the United States and around the world. It provides online ...

The Irish Times - Breaking Local and International News from Ireland
Find the Latest Local and International News including Sports, Analysis, Business, Weather and more from the Definitive Brand of Quality News ...