Too few parameters expected 2 error occurs after migrating "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server"

Hello all

I get Too few parameters expected 2 error and "The MS Jet Database
engine cannot find the input table or query "myTempTablename". Make
sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. 3078" after I
migrated "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server 2000" and relinked all
linked tables.

The front-end interface of my application is MS Access 2000. The
back-end is MS SQL Server 2000. After I migrated the database and
relinked all linked tables, "Too few parameters expected 2" and "input
table or query "myTempTablename" 3078" error occurs. I found a article
in Microsoft website. The "Too few parameter" error occurs because the
limitation of the MS Access ODBC driver. If it is, any solution?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Bon

Hi Bon,

If you mean you are getting the error when you are trying to relink the
tables through ODBC, then the problem could be - if your table(s) had a
memo field, that sql server picked up the memo field as a varchar, and
Access is trying to read a text field that exceeds 255 chars.  You need
to go to Query Analyzer (sql server QA) and run some queries against the
offending table to see what the text length is in your varchar fields in
the sql server table.  And if Sql Server did pick up an Access memo
field as a Sql Server Text field, ODBC can't read Sql Server Text
fields.  If any of the varchar fields exceeds 250 chars (for me I get
errors after exceeding 250 chars), then Access ODBC will complain.  If
your fields do exceed that and you need to retain the data, then the
trick is to have 2 tables.  One is raw/original data, and the other is
truncated data for use with ODBC.  You can use ADO to access the
original table (much better than ODBC).

HTH

Rich

rpng123 (1033)

MS Access 2.0 "reserved error -1302 There is no message for this error"
Hi, Folks! I am trying to resurrect a copy of MS Access 2.0 (MS Office 4.3) under WFW v3.11. I cannot start up Access because of a couple of error messages (paraphrased): 1. Opening Access: "Cannot open SYSTEM.MDA, file exclusively locked" 2. When I try to join SYSTEM.MDA in Workgroup Administrator it goes through okay but Access comes up with the same error message. 3. When trying to create a new SYSTEM.MDA file in Workgroup Administrator: "Reserved Error (-1302)..." What the Fudge!?! Does anyone know what's going on? Does anyone know how it can be fixed? A...

"out" and "in out"

about "++" and "--"

why "::", not "."

Strawman: Is MS Access a "database"?
I would argue that it is not. JET is a desktop DB engine. Sybase is a database Oracle is a database DB2 is a database. VB 6 is a front-end development tool. PowerBuilder is a front-end development tool. MS Access is a front end devlopment tool. --------------------------------------- What's got me going on this is that I keep hearing statements like "What! you're running a mission-critical application out of an Access database?" Or the latest, to the effect of, "Well, sure the app has been working a-ok for the past five years, but would you want people reading in th...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

"InfoCards"
Included in the largest virus to date(Vista) MS is trying to sell more insecurity. To properly infest XP, one must "upgrade" to dot net 3 apparently. InfoCards includes storing passwords and other critical user data offsite with a "trusted" 3rd party. Hey, at least Microsoft keeps everyone laughing. ...

MS Access
Hi, When I try to save a stored procedure in MS Access, I get the message "Parameter Incorrect." I have database owner's priveleges. Could you pls help me out regarding this? Thanks, Ligy ...

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

MS: "XP is End Of Life" Resellers(no fear): "F U MS, We're Still Sellin' It" Heh heh.
MS power is not waning. It is Dead. ONLY inertia inertia inertia inertia inertia inertia keeps them alive. ...

More "quality code" (as opposed to "linux slopware") from MS
http://www.heise-security.co.uk/news/100789 DFS will tag this a "feature" -- Are you sure you REALLY want to read this with Netscape? [ ] YES Go to the Microsoft site and download Internet Explorer [ ] NO Go to the Microsoft site and download Internet Explorer [ ] LOCK UP Crash Windows and soft reboot [ ] BSOD Crash Windows and hard reboot On 2007-12-18, Peter Köhlmann <peter.koehlmann@t-online.de> claimed: > http://www.heise-security.co.uk/news/100789 > > DFS will tag this a "feature" It *is* a feature if the goal is to push the numbers up for ...

Gary Sokolich """"""

puts "\\".gsub("\\", "\\\\")

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

renaming "Exit Access" command to "Exit" in Access 2007

Problem with "Expect" ? "Telnet"? "TclApp"?
Hi, My script try to "Telnet" a machine with "Expect", and it is wrapped to EXE extension with "TclApp". DEP is turned off, and file dgbhelp.dll exists. And now, I run the script. It works well in some PC. However in others, it turns out that the commands in "Telnet" is not executed. I capture the packets, and find that the "username" is not promoted when the server ask for it. Then I try the tcl extension script, it is OK in every PC. I have no idea what's going on.It is the problem of "Expect", "Telnet", or "TclApp", or the OS of my PCs? zhoujingyu Regards, The problem troubles me so much. I am crying for you help. Can anyone give me some advice? Thank you very much! Regards, zhoujingyu At 2008-04-23 08:51PM, "1985zhoujingyu@163.com" wrote: > The problem troubles me so much. I am crying for you help. Can anyone > give me some advice? Thank you very much! Show us your Expect script. -- Glenn Jackman "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -- Bill Vaughan On 4=D4=C224=C8=D5, =CF=C2=CE=E79=CA=B124=B7=D6, Glenn Jackman <gle...@ncf.c= a> wrote: > > Show us your Expect script. > > -- > Glenn Jackman > "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, > it'...

Re: MS Access missing values not picked up with "WHERE ... LE 0" #2
Tom, You might be interested in a paper I presented last month at NESUG: "Avoiding Common Traps When Accessing RDBMS Data." This is one of the situations that I discussed. It's available at http://www.nesug.org/Proceedings/nesug08/cc/cc01.pdf. HTH! Mike Rhoads Westat RhoadsM1@Westat.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Tom Frenkel Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 1:12 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: MS Access missing values not picked up with "WHERE ... LE 0" On Oct 15, 5:11 pm, hs AT dc-sug DOT org ("Howard Schreier)" wrote: > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:55:37 -0700, Tom Frenkel <fret...@AOL.COM> wrote: > >To comp.soft-sys.sas -- > > >I'm reading a MS Access table, using a LIBNAME statement to assign the > >libref ACC. There is a "Date/Time" field called EndDate that contains > >missing values. I'm trying to print the observations with a missing > >value, or zero, in the field ENDDATE. When I write > > > proc print data=acc.StudentInstructors ; > > where enddate LE 0 ; > > >no observations with missing values of ENDDATE are printed! However, > >when I write > > > proc print data=acc.StudentInstructors ; > > where (enddate = . ) or (enddate = 0) ; > > >the observations with missing values of ENDDATE are, correctly, > >...

Is there an SQL equivalent in MS Access for the MySQL command "show columns in tablename?"
Hello, all! New here, so please forgive if this has been answered before. I use MySQL most often, and can use the commands: show tables in [databasename]; show columns in [tablename]; which lists all the tables in the specified database, and columns/ fields in the specified table. Is there an SQL equivalent for use in MS Access 97? I use that at work, and it'd be helpful to be able to do. I'd also prefer straight SQL, if possible, and shy away from VBA. Thanks! Dan Dan wrote: > Hello, all! > > New here, so please forgive if this has been answered before. I use > MySQL most often, and can use the commands: > > show tables in [databasename]; > show columns in [tablename]; > > which lists all the tables in the specified database, and columns/ > fields in the specified table. Is there an SQL equivalent for use in > MS Access 97? I use that at work, and it'd be helpful to be able to > do. I'd also prefer straight SQL, if possible, and shy away from VBA. > > Thanks! > > Dan Not really. From the database window you can select from the menu Tools/Analyze. Or write a rountine Sub ListTables Dim tdf As TableDef For Each tdf In CurrentDb.TableDefs Debug.Print tdf.name End If Next MsgBox "done" End Sub Sub ListTablesAndFields() Dim tdf As TableDef Dim fld As Field For Each tdf In CurrentDb.TableDefs Debug.Print td...

PROCINFO["filename", "READ_TIMEOUT"] = N ms: not working for windows gawk 4.1.0.2
Hello, i'm using windows gawk version 4.1.0.2 taken from ezwinports. found that READ_TIMEOUT feature have no any effect. I try exact: PROCINFO["/dev/stdin", "READ_TIMEOUT"] = 5000 while ((getline < "/dev/stdin") > 0) print $0 ....and no. the console forever wait for the input. is this known issue or i'm doing something wrong? thank you hi, > i'm using windows gawk version 4.1.0.2 taken from ezwinports. > found that READ_TIMEOUT feature have no any effect. I tried your code with my Cygwin gawk (in a BEGIN block), and it worked fine. (I tried both 32bit and 64bit Cygwin.) So I guess this is an issue of the particular port or OS version. So if you are willing to test another port, Cygwin works. Of course you can run gawk.exe from cmd. I was not able to install the ezwinports version, sorry. > thank you You are welcome, Stepan Kasal --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- In article <slrnlehl0p.5m4.kasal@PCSKA01.int.rsj.cz>, Stepan Kasal <kasal@ucw.cz> wrote: >hi, > >> i'm using windows gawk version 4.1.0.2 taken from ezwinports. >> found that READ_TIMEOUT feature have no any effect. From the code: #ifdef __MINGW32__ /* * Only sockets can be read with a timeout. ... */ -- Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com P.O. Box 354 Home Phone: +972 8 979-0...

Can't Add "Mode" to Quick Access Toolbar in MS-Access 2007
I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode at all. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? On Jun 19, 10:10=A0am, Heather <mywor...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also > have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into > other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to > search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode > at all. > > I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I > can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? I still don't get it, but this appears to only be the case when I'm using a database that was created in an earlier version of Access. When I start a new 2007 database, I have full functionality. ...

error: linking mysql tables (odbc) from ms-access: "Could not find installable ISAM"
I have been connecting to mysql tables from ms-access vba through odbc [MySQL] [ODBC 3.51 Driver] connection string and everything is ok. when I try to create a permanent link to mysql tables from ms-access menu > file > get external data > ODBC > user dsn, I get: =93ODBC call failed=94 error. when I try to create a permanent link from ms-access VBA ADOX, I get: "Could not find installable ISAM". when I search ISAM error I found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209805/EN-= US/ article attributing error cause to unregistered dll, I have followed the 2 rec...

restrict "lsvg", "lslv" access
Hi all ! Is there any way to restrict "lsvg" and "lslv" to root only? Thanks for any help in advance Regards <tomapam@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1112078549.207400.308180@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all ! > > > Is there any way to restrict "lsvg" and "lslv" to root only? > > Thanks for any help in advance > > Regards > chmod ... ...

Web resources about - Too few parameters expected 2 error occurs after migrating "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server" - comp.databases.ms-access