Urgent Access Help Needed

Hi,

I urgently need help on an access database.  I can't get back into design
mode!  It needs to be handed in in approx 45 mins

http://www.aouh43.dsl.pipex.com/GeorgeFinal.zip

Cheers,
Dave

0
Dave

"Dave W" <DaveWalker*SPAM*skydivers.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I urgently need help on an access database.  I can't get back into design
> mode!  It needs to be handed in in approx 45 mins
>
> http://www.aouh43.dsl.pipex.com/GeorgeFinal.zip
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Other solutions available, but the quickest right now might be to create a
new blank database and import all objects (including menu and toolbars) into
it.  Then you can re-set the startup options.

Fletcher

0
fletch1886 (324)
5/5/2004 1:38:07 PM
"Fletcher Arnold" <fletch@home.com> wrote in message
> "Dave W" <DaveWalker*SPAM*skydivers.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I urgently need help on an access database.  I can't get back into
design
> > mode!  It needs to be handed in in approx 45 mins
> >
> > http://www.aouh43.dsl.pipex.com/GeorgeFinal.zip
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dave
>

> Other solutions available, but the quickest right now might be to create a
> new blank database and import all objects (including menu and toolbars)
into
> it.  Then you can re-set the startup options.
>
> Fletcher

Cheers for your quick reply.  Just before i recieved it, somebody told me
that if you dbl click the icon holding shift, your in design mode.

Thanks anyway,
Dave

0
Dave

Need Help on MLM database in MS Access
I am working on a MS Access database to track the sales of a 3 Tier Multi- level Marketing system. I have created a table to track a new RepID and a SponsorID. I have created a query that will show the Sponsor and all of their reps but I am not sure how to show the reps that the second tier has sponsored. Example: RepID 0011 SponsorID 0010 RepID 0012 SponsorID 0010 RepID 0013 SponsorID 0010 The above is easy but I am not sure how to get: RepID 0014 SponsorID 0013 and his SponsorID 0010 Does anyone have any idea of a good way to do this? Thank you, Brent Brent, It concept, it is a hierarchical data problem. Others here have solutions different from the three I know about. Each solution to this problem has its benefits and drawbacks. Study each one to decide which works best for you. Solution 1: Single table joined to itself and modeling a one-to-many relationship between a row in the table and other related rows in the same table. Solution 2: Two tables, one is the detailed information about each thing in the hierarchy (sales representative in your case) and the other is a two column list of primary keys from the first table that lists which thing in the first table is related to the other and modeling a many-to-many relationship between a row in the first table and another row in the first table. Solution 3: Two tables like Solution 2 but with as many columns as are needed in Table 2 to list each level of the hierarchy. This can make navigating...

Access needs to be installed for me to use MS Access
Hi, Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no then how do I access and wrie to access database? Thanks, Vikas. <vikassah@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166161668.556801.183030@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I > need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no > then how do I access and wrie to access database? If Access, or the Access runtime (from the developer extensions) is not on the user's machine, then the front-end can be written in a language that supports either DAO or ADO, both of which are available in libraries that are compatible with classic VB (through V6), C++, C#, or VB.NET. There are ther programming languages that can use Windows DLLs, too. Just for the record, though even Microsoft makes the same slip, what you have is _not_ an Access backend, but a Jet database engine backend. DAO support for Jet is available in the "MDAC 5.0" and earlier, and ADO support is available in that, and later versions of MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components). Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP ...

MS Access
I need a quick help regarding MS Access reports. Let me explain the scenario in my report with an example: Total marks scored by students in a various level. I have ordered it according to the level first. For the level I have a group header. Under a particular level I have ordered it according to the section. I have not introduced a group header for section. Now I need to calculate the total marks of the students on the particular section and also at the particular level. ---------------------- Level: 1 ---------------------- Section A 1) Student 1 � Mark 2) Student 2 � Mark 3) Student 3 � Mark Total: ------- Section B 1) Student 1 � Mark 2) Student 2 � Mark 3) Student 3 � Mark Total: ------- ----------------------- Total Marks at the Level: -------- ----------------------- Calculating the total marks for the level is not a problem as there is group header. But calculating the total marks for the section is now a problem. I cannot use a group header for the section as it is making changes in my logic. I have set the section text box to hide the duplicate values. So it appears like a header. How should I calculate the total marks for the session? Can I write a VBA script that makes this work like footer? Could anybody help me on this? Jack, This is *so* much a data warehouse problem. Your grain of fact is each assignment for a student, session (date a section met), section, class, term and classroom. Your dimensions are at a minimum student,...

Accessing Access

Help connect Ms access database
Hello All, I am trying to connect an MS database without utilizing the help of the "querybuilder", I know how to do that using the "querybuilder" but this can't work as I am trying to do an exe file and be able to use it for other pc's that I have. I am doing the following, please correct me if I am wrong, but it is not working at all: dbpath=[matlabroot,'a\toolbox\database\dbdemos\trial.accdb']; conurl = ['jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb,*.accdb)};' ... 'DBQ=' dbpath] conn=database('Trial_now','','&#...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Help setting up Ms-Access Database
I'm hoping that someone here can give me some assistance with a database I'm trying to set up. My skills in Access are fairly basic, and I'm trying to skill up, but some of the stuff is a little opaque. I'm trying to put some data I've got on paper into Access. Recently, I got together with some other people marketing organic produce and offered to do some marketing for us on a coop basis in the city. The idea I had was to have four marketing packages for coop members with different rates and services. For want of something better lets call them P1, P2, P3 & P4 I'm thinking I'll need a table with the packages, and one listing the coop members with their details. In theory, a coop member might acquire another farm (either a new one or one from someone bailing out) and put it on a separate package. Which tables would have to have a relationship? I'm thinking the packages table containing the dat about each package would have to be related via a common field to the coop member table, and there would probably have to be a link between that and the farm table, through common fields -- maybe a unique ID in the coop member table could appear in the farm table and maybe the primary key from the package table could also appear in the farm table as a foreign key. But am I right? I'd also like to create a form that would list an individual coop member's details plus any packages they own and assume that all I'd need to do would ...

need help on Access database glitch
I am using a custom built Access database from 2002. The Access version is 2003. The computer was just upgraded from Windows 98 to Vista. after the conversion, certain forms and queries don't work. It appears that the selective forms are not permitting data to be entered. however, we don't have rights management built in. The crazy thing is when a programmer friend download the database onto his computer, these forms and queries worked fine. On my end, I've used four different computers to no avail. Some were running XP, others Vista. But when I use the old computer running Windows 98, the forms and queriers work. I have opened up the forms in Design View, and made sure the editing features and data entry features were all set to "yes". So it would appear that the settings are correct. But does anyone know if there are anything else I could try, or are there other settings within Access or the actual computer that could be causing this? ...

New in MS Access, need help
Hello Everyone, I am new in MS Access and I was tasked to create a porject. I have done some initial things already but need help and guidance: - I have a text field in a form where users are allowed to enter data. I need to ensure that the value that the user enters is unique (ensure that the the value is not available in the table). How do I do that? - In the same form, I created a list box to display the existing values in the table, how do i refresh the values in the list box when the users enter a new value or updates the table Thanks, rhiz Databases and database applications don't begin with Forms -- they begin with User Requirements and the Data needed to fill those requirements. Without some idea of what you have, and what you are trying to accomplish, it's possible that we might (correctly in a technical sense) answer your questions and not be much help at all. You can ensure that an entry into a field doesn't duplicate an existing entry, if you make that field an index on the table, and do not allow duplicates (this is done in table design); it can also be handled in code in form events. How are the users going to update the data displayed in the list box? The Query used as Row Source for the list box will be executed when the Form is opened; you can refresh the List Box by executing its Requery method. Generally, if I am doing something similar to what you describe, I'll do it with a Combo Box -- in that case, nothing need be d...

HELP ACCESS DATABASE VB6 WITH WINE UNDER KUBUNTU ONNETWORK ACCESs
Greetings, and thankful for your replies. I have an application on vb6 +msaccess network accesing works with no problem on windows, but now i have a client machine with Kubuntu and wine, when running the program it gives an error that it cannot connect to the database, which is on another computer a network W2003Server, which means that the route code to \\server\files\db.mdb its not FOUND!! obviosly this under windows does work, but in linux with WINE cannot access to that route. I used mount cifs to make a mount point on my kubuntu PC for the database on the server over the ...

Web resources about - Urgent Access Help Needed - comp.databases.ms-access

Apple iPhone SE event: Not exciting enough?
It wouldn't be an Apple event without some hoopla. But the company's upcoming product announcement on Monday doesn't seem to be stirring much ...

Jim Bakker: Bernie Sanders Is Our Adolf Hitler
Televangelist Jim Bakker warned last week that public schools are teaching anti-American views to students as part of a nefarious plot to bring ...

Samsung vs. Apple patent case headed to Supreme Court, but only a $399M portion of it
Apple’s high-profile case against the FBI may be getting more attention these days, but the iPhone maker has been battling Samsung over a set ...

Paris Terror Attacks: Salah Abdeslam Leads Police To New Suspect, Greater ISIS Threat
When the investigation began into the November terrorist attacks in Paris , which claimed 130 lives and was carried out by ISIS, the authorities ...

The one area where Twitter is doing better than Facebook after 10 years
Twitter turns 10 years old today, and by and large the social network is far behind where Facebook was at that age. As this chart from Statista ...

Everything you need to know about the iMessage security flaw patched by iOS 9.3
iMessage has flaws in how it protects messages, researchers at Johns Hopkins University explain in a paper being released today, which can lead ...

40 parting thoughts from BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells
TIME 40 parting thoughts from BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells Sports Illustrated Get all of Jon Wertheim's columns as soon as they're published. ...

Facebook versus Twitter is the Batman versus Superman of social media
For a brief moment, Mark Zuckerberg actually thought Twitter might overtake Facebook. It was 2008-2009. Twitter, which launched its 140 character ...

Justin Bieber brings out Chance the Rapper and Big Sean on Purpose Tour
When Justin Bieber kicked off his three-night stay at Los Angeles' Staples Center Sunday night, he was in some pretty good company. SEE ALSO: ...

South Korea: Prepared for another North Korean nuclear test
A US think-tank said recent satellite images showed activity at the North's main nuclear test site that suggest a further underground detonation ...