Use Access 97 or Access 2003

I have an Access 97 runtime database in use with over 300 users scattered
around the country.
I'm planing on an upgrade to the front end in the next 2-3 months.
I'd like to use Access 2003 and upgrade all users to Access runtime 2003
especially because of XML support which would be *very* useful in my app.

However, many of my users are *not* on Win XP and I understand that my app
in A2003 runtime won't run on less than Win XP.
So, am I stuck with Access 97 while I wait for all users to upgrade to XP or
later before I port Access 2003?

- Mark

"Mark G. King" <markgking_SpamTrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have an Access 97 runtime database in use with over 300 users scattered
> around the country.
> I'm planing on an upgrade to the front end in the next 2-3 months.
> I'd like to use Access 2003 and upgrade all users to Access runtime 2003
> especially because of XML support which would be *very* useful in my app.
>
> However, many of my users are *not* on Win XP and I understand that my app
> in A2003 runtime won't run on less than Win XP.
> So, am I stuck with Access 97 while I wait for all users to upgrade to XP or
> later before I port Access 2003?

Office XP does NOT require Windows XP.  It runs on everything from Win98 SE and
above.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message.     Send instead to...

0
rickbrandt2 (2458)
12/14/2003 2:31:22 PM
"Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Mark G. King" <markgking_SpamTrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have an Access 97 runtime database in use with over 300 users
scattered
> > around the country.
> > I'm planing on an upgrade to the front end in the next 2-3 months.
> > I'd like to use Access 2003 and upgrade all users to Access runtime 2003
> > especially because of XML support which would be *very* useful in my
app.

> > However, many of my users are *not* on Win XP and I understand that my
app
> > in A2003 runtime won't run on less than Win XP.
> > So, am I stuck with Access 97 while I wait for all users to upgrade to
XP or
> > later before I port Access 2003?
>
> Office XP does NOT require Windows XP.  It runs on everything from Win98
SE and
> above.

He's asking about Access 2003, not Access 2002, but even Access 2003 doesn't
require Windows XP.

According to http://www.microsoft.com/office/access/prodinfo/sysreq.mspx
Windows 2000, SP3 is adequate.

Still, that may not help that much.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

> He's asking about Access 2003, not Access 2002, but even Access 2003 doesn't
> require Windows XP.
>
> According to http://www.microsoft.com/office/access/prodinfo/sysreq.mspx
> Windows 2000, SP3 is adequate.
>
> Still, that may not help that much.

I didn't know that Office 2003 had "upped the OS ante" yet again.  Does this one
have legitimate OS requirements tied to it or is it simply arbitrary the way
Office XP wouldn't run on Win95?

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message.     Send instead to...
RBrandt    at       Hunter      dot      com

0
rickbrandt2 (2458)
12/14/2003 3:04:41 PM
> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
>
> > He's asking about Access 2003, not Access 2002, but even Access 2003
doesn't
> > require Windows XP.
> >
> > According to http://www.microsoft.com/office/access/prodinfo/sysreq.mspx
> > Windows 2000, SP3 is adequate.
> >
> > Still, that may not help that much.
>
> I didn't know that Office 2003 had "upped the OS ante" yet again.  Does
this one
> have legitimate OS requirements tied to it or is it simply arbitrary the
way
> Office XP wouldn't run on Win95?

Not sure. Microsoft didn't volunteer the information, and I didn't ask. <g>

It may well be they're trying to reduce the number of different combinations
they have to support, and that it will work with other OS. However, they may
also have put checks in so that it won't install if you don't comply.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(No private e-mails, please)

"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote...

> It may well be they're trying to reduce the number of different
combinations
> they have to support, and that it will work with other OS.

I am not on that team, but I am sure that was part of it. Another part of it
is the severe limitations Win9x places on developers in tems of both the
functionality they support and the APIs they offer.

> However, they may also have put checks in so that it won't install if you
don't
> comply.

I am sure that they have, actually.

--
MichKa [MS]
NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development

This posting is provided "AS IS" with
no warranties, and confers no rights.

0
michkap (337)
12/14/2003 6:01:16 PM
"Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> According to http://www.microsoft.com/office/access/prodinfo/sysreq.mspx
>> Windows 2000, SP3 is adequate.
>I didn't know that Office 2003 had "upped the OS ante" yet again.  Does this one
>have legitimate OS requirements tied to it or is it simply arbitrary the way
>Office XP wouldn't run on Win95?

I would suspect much of it is also security related.   Win 9x simply aren't secure.
And likely some security stuff was put in Win 2K SP3 to help.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

> According to http://www.microsoft.com/office/access/prodinfo/sysreq.mspx
> Windows 2000, SP3 is adequate.
>
> Still, that may not help that much.

Douglas,

I wasn't aware that Access 2003 would run on Windows 2000 (SP3).
This makes a difference. Probably around 85% of users would be on Windows
2000 (SP3) or later.
Problem is, what am I going to do for the 15% who are not?

Hmmm. Have to think about it. Thanks again.

- Mark

"Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in message
>
> > He's asking about Access 2003, not Access 2002, but even Access 2003
doesn't
> > require Windows XP.
> >
> > According to http://www.microsoft.com/office/access/prodinfo/sysreq.mspx
> > Windows 2000, SP3 is adequate.
> >
> > Still, that may not help that much.
>
> I didn't know that Office 2003 had "upped the OS ante" yet again.  Does
this one
> have legitimate OS requirements tied to it or is it simply arbitrary the
way
> Office XP wouldn't run on Win95?

Win95 is no longer supported (as I understand it), so there is no way they
would warrant anything new to work on that version!

TC

0
TC
12/14/2003 11:14:47 PM
I'm not sure I understand your problem. I assume your app has an installer
program of some kind? Have the installer program check the Access version on
the user's PC. If it is greater than x, install the new runtime (with the
new features). If it is less than x, install an A97 runtime of the new
version - or re-install the old A97 runtime, or do nothing. Have the new
version of your application check the Access version, & disable the new
features if it is running in A97.

Yes? No?

TC

"Mark G. King" <markgking_SpamTrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have an Access 97 runtime database in use with over 300 users scattered
> around the country.
> I'm planing on an upgrade to the front end in the next 2-3 months.
> I'd like to use Access 2003 and upgrade all users to Access runtime 2003
> especially because of XML support which would be *very* useful in my app.
>
> However, many of my users are *not* on Win XP and I understand that my app
> in A2003 runtime won't run on less than Win XP.
> So, am I stuck with Access 97 while I wait for all users to upgrade to XP
or
> later before I port Access 2003?
>
> - Mark

0
TC
12/14/2003 11:18:52 PM
I have a mod that does this check and then carries on however you want it to.

Check out the instproc.zip file at

http://www.nero-online.org/lastmeasure

In article <1071449312.640218@teuthos>
"TC" <a@b.c.d> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand your problem. I assume your app has an installer
> program of some kind? Have the installer program check the Access version on
> the user's PC. If it is greater than x, install the new runtime (with the
> new features). If it is less than x, install an A97 runtime of the new
> version - or re-install the old A97 runtime, or do nothing. Have the new
> version of your application check the Access version, & disable the new
> features if it is running in A97.
>
> Yes? No?
>
> TC
>

> "Mark G. King" <markgking_SpamTrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have an Access 97 runtime database in use with over 300 users scattered
> > around the country.
> > I'm planing on an upgrade to the front end in the next 2-3 months.
> > I'd like to use Access 2003 and upgrade all users to Access runtime 2003
> > especially because of XML support which would be *very* useful in my app.
> >
> > However, many of my users are *not* on Win XP and I understand that my app
> > in A2003 runtime won't run on less than Win XP.
> > So, am I stuck with Access 97 while I wait for all users to upgrade to XP
> or
> > later before I port Access 2003?
> >
> > - Mark

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

Anonymous-Remailer@See.Comment.Header (U N Me) wrote:

>I have a mod that does this check and then carries on however you want it to.
>
>Check out the instproc.zip file at

Do not click on the above URL.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
0
ttoews (2789)

Enabling an Access 97 database for use with Access 2003
We have an Access 97 database app that we'd like to enable (not convert) for Access 2003. We still have users running 97 and are not prepared to upgrade everyone who uses this database to the 2003 version yet. We're getting an error message when we try to do this which reads as follows: "There were compilation errors during the conversion or enabling of this database. The database has not been saved in a compiled state. The performance of this database will be impaired because Microsoft Access will need to recompile the database for each session." The MS Knowledgebase doesn't provide much guidance on this issue. Because we cannot enable the database for 2003, the 2003 users cannot get into the database while 97 users are logged into it (this is unacceptable). Anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in advance for any help. Terry Block "Terry Block" <tblock@ncia.net> wrote in message news:JwO0c.14$iE3.11958@monger.newsread.com... > We have an Access 97 database app that we'd like to enable (not convert) for > Access 2003. We still have users running 97 and are not prepared to upgrade > everyone who uses this database to the 2003 version yet. We're getting an > error message when we try to do this which reads as follows: > > "There were compilation errors during the conversion or enabling of this > database. The database has not been saved in a compiled state. The >...

No access to .dbf files in access 97 after installing access 2003
Hello, I need to maintain an access97 database that is linked to dbf's, but after having installed access 2003, when I try to link a .dbf file to an access97 database, I only have access and odbc when the dialog box to choose the external table comes up. I tried going to control panel and change my office 97 setup. When I go to the data access option, dbf is grayed out with a checkmark in it and it states that dbf access is already installed. Yet, I don't have access to that option when trying to link my dbf table to the access97 database. Any way to get that option back on? Thanks! ...

Access 97 or Access 2003
Hi everybody I want to use an Access database in a Visual Basic 6 program. Question: -Should I use Access 97 or Access 2003? Thank's On Wed, 11 May 2005 11:28:20 -0400, "Sylmena" <sylmena1@hotmail.com> wrote: > I want to use an Access database in a Visual Basic 6 program. > >Question: >-Should I use Access 97 or Access 2003? If you use MS Access '97, more people will be able to access your data. Access '97 doesn't use Unicode - a space/speed advantage if you are not storing Russian or a language other than English. I can't think ...

Access 97 to Access 2003
Am about to upgrade several machines running access 97 to new boxes with access 2003. Got a massive access front end DB with a SQL back end. Guess I will have to "upgrade" that '97 front. Anyone have any advice or things to watch out for? Any VBA hasles? Horror stories?? Hope it goes seamlessly... Got enough headaches. Hi Tom. This link contains our experience with upgrading Access. It does not address the SQL Server aspects, but does describe Setup, Conversion, and Usability issues: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://members.iinet.net.au/~allenbrowne/ser-48.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Tom" <harristomm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zSMYc.566$Ae.504@newsread1.dllstx09.us.to.verio.net... > Am about to upgrade several machines running access 97 to new boxes with > access 2003. Got a massive access front end DB with a SQL back end. > Guess > I will have to "upgrade" that '97 front. > > Anyone have any advice or things to watch out for? Any VBA hasles? > Horror > stories?? > > Hope it goes seamlessly... Got enough headaches. > > Slight differences between the Jet 3.5 and Jet 4 connections to MSSQL. Firstly, identity insert works seamlessly like in Access :~) And Unicode support :~). But transac...

Accessing Access

Access 2003 database will not open using Access 2002
Hi everyone. I am trying to open a database which works fine using Access 2003, but when trying to open it on another PC that has Access 2002 I get the following error "This database is unrecognised file format, it may have been created with a later version of Access, upgrade to a later version..." Could anyone please help to resolve this issue. Many thanks. Joe. Use Access 2003 to decompile the database. To decompile, create a copy, and enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb" Then compact the database to get rid of this junk: Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair Although Access 2002 and 2003 share the same file format, each version of Access creates a different binary for the compiled code. What it's supposed to do it automatically discard the 2003 binary when you open the database in A2002, and create the new binary on the fly. In practice, this doesn't always work. The decompile explicitly discarding the binary, which usually solves the problem. This issue is common enough that IMHO, it is always worth decompiling when switching version, especially when reverting to an earlier version. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, r...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

Using Iseries Access ODBC Driver with MS ACCESS 2003
When Trying attaching databases into MsAccess2003 using Iseries Access ODBC Driver (I'm in OS400 v5r2) I get an error message according to which the duration of connection is too long and so I can't attach the database although I got the list of the tables in the library I specified. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance. The timeout to dispay de data is small. You need to increase this timeout. The problem can occur when the tables are very very very (but very) big. "Bertrand Bard" <bbard@dehon.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:d01a5cc.0404280030.58f11d3e@posting.go...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007 #2
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon Simon van Beek wrote: > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in > Access 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon Yes. There might be some issues, though, depending on how you've programmed the db. Best suggestion, in my eyes, would be testing and playing around a little with *a* *copy* of the database and see what turns up. Most likely, you'd need to set the directory in which the database resides, as a trusted location. A very good sumup of "the good, bad and ugly" ;-) of Access 2007 is this list by Allen Browne http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Roy-Vidar Simon, Best wishes to you too. One question: why do you use so many carriage returns in your messages? They cause readers having to unnecessary scroll. Thanks, John "Simon van Beek" <SvanBeekNL@Versatel.nl> schreef in bericht news:495f3ebf$0$28733$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl... > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access > 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon >...

problem accessing access 97 database through odbc on windows 2003 sp1
Hello, We have a legacy application which relies on an Access 97 database (upgrading is nog an option atm). As we are setting up a new server (Windows 2003), we started experiencing problems running that application after installing all required updates (Windows, Office, ..) It did work before updating, with a basic OS + application installation. Somewhere an update dit break things, but we do not know which one. Now for the problem. When starting the application, following error is returned: --------------------------- ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed --------------------------- Cannot open a database created with a previous version of your application. --------------------------- OK Cancel --------------------------- OK let's you choose another mdb (not an option) and CANCEL fails the app, which is the problem :-) Current versions: * JET version: 4.0.6305.00 - not sure which this is, it's more recent than JET 4 SP8 which is the lates I can download separately. * Office 2000 SR1 with latest updates * MDAC 2.8 SP2 ON WINDOWS SERVER 2003 SP1 (2.82)(ComponentChecker 2.0) What we tried so far, to no good: * http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q310804 * http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310937 * downgrading MDAC, which is seems useless (has no effects on file versions + no relation to odbc?) * downgrading JET 4 (by manually replacing odbcjt32.dll in system32 and system32/dllcache) * Googled to death on the matt...

Using Access 2003 package wizard to package a database for a Access 2000 client
I developed an access database in access 2003(keeping my database in the access 2000 format). It has been fully tested to be access 2000 compatible and works great. I am trying to package the final version however and when I tell it to create a shortcut it includeds the path to access 2003 in the shortcut C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ my client is running access 2000. I could not figure any way to change the access application folder loction in the access setup. it is assuming that since I have access 2003 the user of the appliaction does too. is there any way to fix this and still use the package wizard? This begs the question why would you need the runtime for this user if they already got a version of ms-access? Why not just email them the file, or perhaps use WinZip (it can remember the directory you zip to, and even create it for you.). In fact, you can create a self extracting zip file, and it will be a zillion times smaller then suing the package and deployment wizard to JUST TRANSFER a mdb file to that user. Unless the end user needs the a2003 runtime, then I see no reason at all to use the package wizard. Just zip and email the person the file!! You are not installing the runtime here, and obviously you don't need it...so I think you got the wrong tool here to just send a person a simple mdb file, and they already got ms-access installed (and, worse, a different version). You cannot effectually use, and install the a2003 runtime ...

Converting Access 2003 to Access 97
Hi, I wrote a VBA program to read and process data from an ODBC source and put it into an Access database. I want to make the program into an MDE file and run it on systems with Access 2003. So I have to work in Access 2003 to do this. The problem is that the database that is created by my program will have to be imported into an application that only handles Access 97 .mdb file formats. I am wondering if there is any way to do this. I only have to export the tables, but I need to preserve the table properties. I was thinking about doing some type of generic export from ACC2003 and then running some kind of VB script to convert it into ACC97.... Maybe there is a better way.... Thanks for any help. Dave Dave wrote: > Hi, > > I wrote a VBA program to read and process data from an ODBC source and > put it into an Access database. I want to make the program into an MDE > file and run it on systems with Access 2003. So I have to work in > Access 2003 to do this. The problem is that the database that is > created by my program will have to be imported into an application that > only handles Access 97 .mdb file formats. I am wondering if there is > any way to do this. I only have to export the tables, but I need to > preserve the table properties. I was thinking about doing some type of > generic export from ACC2003 and then running some kind of VB script to > convert it into ACC97.... Maybe there is a better way.... Use the Tools ...

conversion access 97 to access 2003
which are the differences between Access 97 and Access 2003 ? See: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://members.iinet.net.au/~allenbrowne/ser-48.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "helena" <petrouchka-63@caramail.com> wrote in message news:b6222801.0410270323.67b7bbb3@posting.google.com... > which are the differences between Access 97 and Access 2003 ? ...

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work > in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Allen Browne has an excellent calendar control at http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Thanks for the link...

Developing in Access 2003 for Access 97 users
I know you can convert a database from Access 2003 to 97 easily but is there anything that I should avoid doing in Access 2003 that might make my database incompatible with Access 97? Many thanks, Dean... DeanL wrote: > I know you can convert a database from Access 2003 to 97 easily but is > there anything that I should avoid doing in Access 2003 that might make > my database incompatible with Access 97? Starting. Dean, if you have Access 97 as well as 2003, I would agree with Lyle that it would be better to use 97 to develop this database. I actually did a small one earlier this year using 2003 and converting back at the end: if I had that time again, I would do the whole thing in A97. It kinda depends what functionality you use, but avoid stuff like: - Conditional Formatting - the Undo event of the form. - OpenArgs for OpenReport. - VBA functions such as Replace() and Split(). - ADO-specific code (especially DDL) If you do convert back, decompile first. Avoid any references other than VBA, Access and DAO. After conversion to A97, you will still need to change your DAO reference to 3.51. (A2003 doesn't make that change for you.) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Lyle Fairfield" <lylefairfield@aim.com> wrote in message news:1135123457.218336.16840@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > DeanL wr...

View Access 2003 database in Access 2000
How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? rahulghai12@gmail.com wrote: > How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? > look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HP051863711033.aspx ...

Access needs to be installed for me to use MS Access
Hi, Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no then how do I access and wrie to access database? Thanks, Vikas. <vikassah@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166161668.556801.183030@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I > need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no > then how do I access and wrie to access database? If Access, or the Access runtime (from the developer extensions) is not on the user's machine, then the front-end can be written in a language that supports either DAO or ADO, both of which are available in libraries that are compatible with classic VB (through V6), C++, C#, or VB.NET. There are ther programming languages that can use Windows DLLs, too. Just for the record, though even Microsoft makes the same slip, what you have is _not_ an Access backend, but a Jet database engine backend. DAO support for Jet is available in the "MDAC 5.0" and earlier, and ADO support is available in that, and later versions of MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components). Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP ...

Web resources about - Use Access 97 or Access 2003 - comp.databases.ms-access

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement
Facebook launched conversion lift measurement in January 2015 with the goal of helping advertisers track conversions instead of clicks, and the ...

Planet OS Opens Access To Weather Data
... for software developers using weather data to power their apps, researchers and climate specialists enabling them to discover, access and build ...

Sci-Hub — Free access to every scientific paper ever published
Say what? How is it I only heard of this this week? Long story headlined "Should All Research Papers Be Free?" from the New York Times short: ...

US says losing access to China-claimed waters would be huge
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A U.S. Navy commander warned Wednesday that if the United States lost access to international waters claimed by China ...

MIT, Harvard researchers push new way for users to control access to personal data
Cryptography researchers at MIT and Harvard have developed software called Sieve that is designed to help users keep track of encrypted personal ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
... a copy of Cal’s investigation into the matter, and even Hufnagel’s own statements make it appear that he attempted to trade sex for access, ...

Google Docs lets you limit access with an expiry date
... many people collaborate with clients, contractors and other small companies for a short length of time. You might want to give them access to ...

Google Wants To Improve Internet Access In Cuba, But Talks Are In 'Early Stages'
Google hopes to bring Internet access to Cuba, whose citizens are hankering for it even as they found alternative ways to get access to digital ...

T-Mobile offers more free MLB.TV access as wireless company renews MLB sponsorship
... Baseball for three more years, the wireless carrier announced today. And as part of the deal, T-Mobile subscribers are getting free access to ...