User level permissions MS Access 2007

Hi, I'm creating an Access 2007 database for shared use on a LAN and
want to be able to:
(1) control which users can add, edit and view data, and
(2) prevent changes to the design of objects.
Thanks, Clare
0
clare4814 (6)
9/25/2009 11:02:49 AM
comp.databases.ms-access 42527 articles. 11 followers. Post Follow

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102345611033.aspx

you can prevent changes to forms, reports and VBA code by
creating .accde file

Pavlo

On Sep 25, 5:02=A0am, Clare <cl...@cavs.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi, I'm creating an Access 2007 database for shared use on a LAN and
> want to be able to:
> (1) control which users can add, edit and view data, and
> (2) prevent changes to the design of objects.
> Thanks, Clare

0
korpuspi (1)
9/25/2009 5:44:32 PM
On Sep 25, 6:44=A0pm, Pavlo Pedan <korpu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102345611033.aspx
>
> you can prevent changes to forms, reports and VBA code by
> creating .accde file
>
> Pavlo
>
> On Sep 25, 5:02=A0am, Clare <cl...@cavs.org.uk> wrote:
>

> > Hi, I'm creating an Access 2007 database for shared use on a LAN and
> > want to be able to:
> > (1) control which users can add, edit and view data, and
> > (2) prevent changes to the design of objects.
> > Thanks, Clare- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Pavlo.
Could you explain how I would manage ongoing design changes (e.g.
changing from accde back to accdb?)
0
clare4814 (6)
9/28/2009 10:49:23 AM
You don't change back... you keep, for development purposes, the .ACCDB, and
convert it to .ACCDE just prior to releasing a new version to the users.  Of
course, you will have, long since, split the data and the front end -- about
which, you will find good information at
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Office Access MVP

"comp.databases.ms-access" <clare@cavs.org.uk> wrote in message
On Sep 25, 6:44 pm, Pavlo Pedan <korpu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102345611033.aspx
>
> you can prevent changes to forms, reports and VBA code by
> creating .accde file
>
> Pavlo
>
> On Sep 25, 5:02 am, Clare <cl...@cavs.org.uk> wrote:
>

> > Hi, I'm creating an Access 2007 database for shared use on a LAN and
> > want to be able to:
> > (1) control which users can add, edit and view data, and
> > (2) prevent changes to the design of objects.
> > Thanks, Clare- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Pavlo.
Could you explain how I would manage ongoing design changes (e.g.
changing from accde back to accdb?)

0
bouncer (4168)
9/28/2009 3:56:33 PM
On Sep 28, 4:56=A0pm, "Larry Linson" <boun...@localhost.not> wrote:
> You don't change back... you keep, for development purposes, the .ACCDB, =
and
> convert it to .ACCDE just prior to releasing a new version to the users. =
=A0Of
> course, you will have, long since, split the data and the front end -- ab=
out
> which, you will find good information athttp://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr=
..htm.

> =A0Larry Linson
> =A0Microsoft Office Access MVP
>
> "comp.databases.ms-access" <cl...@cavs.org.uk> wrote in message

> On Sep 25, 6:44 pm, Pavlo Pedan <korpu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102345611033.aspx
>
> > you can prevent changes to forms, reports and VBA code by
> > creating .accde file
>
> > Pavlo
>
> > On Sep 25, 5:02 am, Clare <cl...@cavs.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > > Hi, I'm creating an Access 2007 database for shared use on a LAN and
> > > want to be able to:
> > > (1) control which users can add, edit and view data, and
> > > (2) prevent changes to the design of objects.
> > > Thanks, Clare- Hide quoted text -

> Thank you Pavlo.
> Could you explain how I would manage ongoing design changes (e.g.
> changing from accde back to accdb?)- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Larry, I hadn't done so, and will look at that now.

Clare
0
clare4814 (6)

[ace-users] Virus found! Fw: goldfish
Hello, The message you sent to the <voyance@voyance-astro.com> is infected and has not been delivered. Please check attached files and try again --- Antivirus service provided by DrWeb Daemon (http://www.drweb.ru) ...

Level One FSP-3003 MFP server
I just purchased Level One FSP-3003 MFP server to work with HP 3015 all-in-one printer. The printer part is working correctly. Regarding the scanner part, it seems to have to use FPS-3003 Network Scanner server rather than HP LaserJet 3015 TWAIN driver. Since FPS-3003 provides very simple scanning features, can someone advise me how to use HP TWAIN and Director to do the scanning. Thanks, Ray uninstall the fps-3003 twain driver re-install the hp 3015 twain driver "Ray" <NoSpam-lizhiqiang1@GMail.com> wrote: >I just purchased Level One FSP-3003 M...

Multiple user profiles generation
My Operating system is Win 2000 professional connected to a network. I have created a user called 'computer' with user rights assigned to it. Whenever i login into the computer as that user, a folder in the documents and settings is created with the name as 'computer.01', 'computer.02' and so on for each login. But in the users only 'computer' is displayed. So how to rectify this problem of multiple user generation. Even when i delete that folders it again starts from 'computer.01' and so on at the next login. Please help me with this. each comp...

US-TX-San Antonio: Programmer/Analyst, Crystal Reports, MS 2000, PM exp., Mortga (45284757611)
US-TX-San Antonio: Programmer/Analyst, Crystal Reports, MS 2000, PM exp., Mortga (45284757611) ============================================================================================== Position: Programmer/Analyst Reference: SMC01137 Location: San Antonio TX Duration: C-P Skills: 2 + years experience providing reporting support to end_users, extensive Crystal Reports knowledge required. Proficient in Microsoft 2000 applications. Strong background in analysis and project management. Previous experience with ...

Pica user vs. Inch user
Picas user vs. Inches user I always thought people who use picas have more experience than people who use inches in the printing field, why does some pica user just doesn't understand the proper way to build your electronic layout file, such as use the actual font itself (not artificial font) and provide the link to your document, is this because pica user are still stuck back in the traditional prepress environment.? "Sub" <submariner2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1142358808.884058.36760@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > Picas user vs. Inches user > > I al...

Domain Not Accessible
I had this error "Domain is not accessible" for a while when tyring to browse the domain. And could not find an answer. But I have found out by doing my own trouble shooting and realized this is mainly a DNS error. So check out your DNS but i'll tell you the first thing you wanna check or if you have 2 NIC's in any server thats is a domain controller because if you do that is causing the issue. Please reply if this helped anyone. ...

Linux user's thoughts on OS X/iBook
Over the Christmas holidays, while visiting family, I recently helped my youngest brother choose to buy a new iBook G4 800MHz 12" as he is applying to law school. My background: 100% Linux user at home for eight years this month. Numerous years' experience with PCs of all types, plus lots of Mac experience back in the System 7.5.x days in a part-time job all through college. His background: Typical MS Word-and-Web-browser-on-PC stuff, though he did have an account on my Linux box for the usual word processor-and-browser uses during high school. I would never, ever have advised him to...

User defined type not defined
Hello all, I am trying to write a prog that autamatically sends emails ... Here is what I have done so far In the module section I have put this: Public Function SendEmail(email As String, subject As String, body As String, attach As String) Dim Mail As MailSender Set Mail = New MailSender Mail.Host = "relay.skynet.be" Mail.From = "my.emailaddress@myprovider.be" Mail.AddAddress (email) Mail.subject = subject Mail.body = body Mail.AddAttachment (attach) Mail.Send End Function Then in the program I assign values to the variables email,subject and body Next I call the fun...

US-TX-Austin: Embedded SW Applications Eng., Design/Dev exp, user interface; Per (45347214410)
US-TX-Austin: Embedded SW Applications Eng., Design/Dev exp, user interface; Per (45347214410) ============================================================================================== Position: Embedded SW Applications Reference: SMC01981 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: Exp working with customers directly on technical issues Exp issuing software releases to customers Exp helping to define and capture customer requirements along with past record of meeting development schedules Design and...

[ace-users] Re: _validate_connection Question
Hi Abdul, Thanks for using the PRF! >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.9 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Linux 2.6.9-22.0.1.ELsmp >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> Lynxos 4.0.0 >> g++ 3.2.2 >> >> THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform- >> specific file, simply state which one]: >> #include "ace/config-lynxos.h" >> >> THE $ACE_RO...

Re: Linux Users Get Nasty With Blizzard.
"DFS" <nospam@dfs.com> wrote in message news:mek7b8$bka$2@dont-email.me... > On 3/20/2015 11:48 PM, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote: >> [snips] >> >> On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 11:25:07 -0700, Steve Carroll wrote: >> >>>> The point is, for all their screaming about the supposed numbers, when >>>> pressed, they can *never* actually back up their claims. >>> >>> Not if "back up" involves a percentage with certainty attached to it, >>> no. >> >> Certainty? No, but that's not the ...

User accounts being locked out
We have approximately 80 users on a windows 2000 network with an NT 4.0 PDC and another NT 4.0 BDC. I have users suddenly being locked out in the middle of the day. They will be working then suddenly their account is locked out. It also seems like this is happening to only a few users, not all (yet). What the heck is going on? Has anyone else seen this before? Thanks "Bob" <Spam@spamyoutohell.com> wrote in message news:11179eu9bqqa857@corp.supernews.com... > We have approximately 80 users on a windows 2000 network with an NT 4.0 PDC > and another NT...

Optical output volume level
Hi, I bought an SB Audigy 2 NX with optical in and out. Why is it possible to change the volume of optical output? Is there a loss of quality? Up to now I thought that isn't possible due to optical signal. My CD Player has an optical output to Sony Minidisc and no way to change the volume. Bye Andre Werske >I bought an SB Audigy 2 NX with optical in and out. Why is it possible to >change the volume of optical output? Because there is a DSP on all better soundcards which scale the sample values according to the volume level set in the software mixer. >...

Storing ID/password for XP desktop to access a Samba mapped drive?
I have a home peer-to-peer LAN of XP Pro desktops set as a workgroup. I've recently added a Linux desktop to this environment, that is running Samba. On each XP desktop I map a logical drive to that users Linux Samba area. However, I cannot find a way of having XP store the Samba server login/password combination. Each time I try to access this mapped drive it prompts me for the login ID/password. There is no 'save' option on the login dialog. Is it possible to configure the mapped drive login parameters so that the connection is automatic? ...

London RISC OS user group Monday 17 July; USB developments
The next meeting of the RISC OS User Group of London (ROUGOL) will be: Dave Higton presenting new USB devices Monday 17th July 2006, 7:45pm (informal discussions from about 6pm onwards) The Blue-Eyed Maid (upstairs) 173 Borough High Street London SE1 1HR Dave Higton has been responsible for a wide variety of RISC OS software, including !AntiSpam (now developed by Frank de Bruijn). Most recently, he has been working on drivers and supporting software for a number of USB devices under RISC OS. These include USB FM radios from D-Link and AVerMedia, for which Dave provides...

Writing a program under GNU/Linux for MS Windows.
Hi, I'm trying to write a program for a friend of mine who uses windows but I use GNU/Linux. I know you can use mingw and link to the python dll, but is there a way to create a win32 service under Linux? If you're just writing Python code then it will run unmodified on his Windows machine. Are you planning on using other languages too? -----Original Message----- From: python-list-bounces+sneuberger=3Dmitre.org@python.org [mailto:python-list-bounces+sneuberger=3Dmitre.org@python.org] On Behalf Of Levi Campbell Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 4:27 PM To: python-list@python.org Subject: Wr...

Drigmorn1 User Manual
First cut of the user manual for Drigmorn1 is now available here http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/component_replacements/Drigmorn1_User_Manual_Issue_1_00.pdf. We are planning an update of this with some more photos and diagrams to clarify bits and pieces in a few weeks. As always anything you think we missed let us know and we will try and get that into the next update. The XC3S500E version has now passed all design tests. XC3S100E version isn't far behind and we are still on target to release to customers this week. John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. ...

MS trying to oust OSS again.
Not content with arm-twisting governments, it now wants to cosy up to the UN. http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5146305.html?tag=zdfd.newsfeed "Technology is a powerful tool that can help transform lives, economies and societies," Gates said at the conference. "We're committed to working closely with the UNDP to develop solutions that enable people to achieve their goals and strengthen their communities." (and line our pockets?) see also: http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/citizenship/giving/overview/ -- change to leews to mail Lee Wei Shun wrote: > Not content...

2005 Worldwide User Group (SGIUG) conference: 13-16 June, Munich
Hello everybody, Similarly to last year, let me invite you all to the third SGI Worldwide User Group Conference, which will be held 13-16 June 2005 in Munich, Germany. For the detailed information please visit: http://www.sgiug.org/ Until May 14th you are still eligible for the early bird registration fee. This Year's Must Attend Conference promises to be an exciting event with users assembling from around the globe to present and discuss the very latest advancements in: Application Optimization and Tuning Building and Administering Large-node Clusters Data Access Over Long Distan...

I need to create the table and I want to edit its content from www level. #3
Hi. Yes, the 'Tabla' concept seems to be very helpful. I need few days to instal and try it. Thank you very much. Greetings. Rootshell ...

Access to system tables
Anyone=20any=20advice=20on=20accessing=20the=20HP3000=20system=20tables=20= -=20in=20particular I=20want=20to=20be=20able=20find=20what=20files=20currently=20have=20an=20= FLOCK=20on=20them.=20=20=20 =20 (Background=20-=20we=20have=20on-going=20system=20performance=20problems;=20= =20our "amateur"=20observations=20in=20glance=20suggest=20our=20applications=20ar= e=20impeding due=20to=20high=20number=20of=20FLOCKs=20and/or=20Control=20Block=20waits=20= :=20=20but=20several traces=20in=20our=20in-house=20database=20handler=20have=20failed=20to=20i= dentify=20any major=...

Re: database access using JAVA or COM
My quest for database connectivity continues... ADO + IDL's COM interface is a no go. Despite the work of Paul and others, IDL's com interface is still not complete. It is unable to properly return arrays of type variant containing mixed types nor is it able (as best as I can tell) return arrays of arrays of type variant. I will submit my feature request and hope for the best but I am not holding breath. Renaud, I have dropped you a couple of emails with no response so I will try one last time by posting here. I would very much like to test DataJiver. Please email me or p...

How to prevent modifying oracle data through MS access or VC++ sql screen.
How to prevent data updating in oracle tables through MS access or vc++ sql screen? As of now I am using product_user_profiles. Which is preventing only through SQL*plus. The same way I want to prevent from MS access and VC++ Please help Thanks in advance Jesu Jesu wrote: > How to prevent data updating in oracle tables through MS access or > vc++ sql screen? As of now I am using product_user_profiles. Which is > preventing only through SQL*plus. The same way I want to prevent from > MS access and VC++ > > Please help > > Thanks in advance >...

Recovering "user settings"
I screwed up - While trying to replace the RAM battery for my 32K card, I lost everything. However in the variables menu there is a variable called D.01 that seems to have retained my alarms and user settings. I would like to recover the user settings. Can anybody help? One of the group readers, Fabian, suggested the following to recover my alarms and it worked: "> > Try this > > > > In your D.01 folder, you have a variable called 'Alarms'. Recall that onto > > the stack. Put #640BEh on the stack. Execute SYSEVAL. Store the list into =D8 > the var...

User or Iderntity?
In my office we're going to try Pegasus (whch I've been using at home). Which is better: to have users for each e-mail account or to have identities? I like it that users can have different random taglines, for example. But I find switching a pain. I like identities in that they're all there at once, no fuss no muss. We're using 4.12 and not using Mercury (because we have Linux server). TIA Zzzzzzzzz On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:01:11 GMT, Zorro wrote: > In my office we're going to try Pegasus (whch I've been using at > home). Which is better...