User level permissions MS Access 2007

Hi, I'm creating an Access 2007 database for shared use on a LAN and
want to be able to:
(1) control which users can add, edit and view data, and
(2) prevent changes to the design of objects.
Thanks, Clare
0
clare4814 (6)
9/25/2009 11:02:49 AM
comp.databases.ms-access 42535 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102345611033.aspx

you can prevent changes to forms, reports and VBA code by
creating .accde file

Pavlo

On Sep 25, 5:02=A0am, Clare <cl...@cavs.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi, I'm creating an Access 2007 database for shared use on a LAN and
> want to be able to:
> (1) control which users can add, edit and view data, and
> (2) prevent changes to the design of objects.
> Thanks, Clare

0
korpuspi (1)
9/25/2009 5:44:32 PM
On Sep 25, 6:44=A0pm, Pavlo Pedan <korpu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102345611033.aspx
>
> you can prevent changes to forms, reports and VBA code by
> creating .accde file
>
> Pavlo
>
> On Sep 25, 5:02=A0am, Clare <cl...@cavs.org.uk> wrote:
>

> > Hi, I'm creating an Access 2007 database for shared use on a LAN and
> > want to be able to:
> > (1) control which users can add, edit and view data, and
> > (2) prevent changes to the design of objects.
> > Thanks, Clare- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Pavlo.
Could you explain how I would manage ongoing design changes (e.g.
changing from accde back to accdb?)
0
clare4814 (6)
9/28/2009 10:49:23 AM
You don't change back... you keep, for development purposes, the .ACCDB, and
convert it to .ACCDE just prior to releasing a new version to the users.  Of
course, you will have, long since, split the data and the front end -- about
which, you will find good information at
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Office Access MVP

"comp.databases.ms-access" <clare@cavs.org.uk> wrote in message
On Sep 25, 6:44 pm, Pavlo Pedan <korpu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102345611033.aspx
>
> you can prevent changes to forms, reports and VBA code by
> creating .accde file
>
> Pavlo
>
> On Sep 25, 5:02 am, Clare <cl...@cavs.org.uk> wrote:
>

> > Hi, I'm creating an Access 2007 database for shared use on a LAN and
> > want to be able to:
> > (1) control which users can add, edit and view data, and
> > (2) prevent changes to the design of objects.
> > Thanks, Clare- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Pavlo.
Could you explain how I would manage ongoing design changes (e.g.
changing from accde back to accdb?)

0
bouncer (4167)
9/28/2009 3:56:33 PM
On Sep 28, 4:56=A0pm, "Larry Linson" <boun...@localhost.not> wrote:
> You don't change back... you keep, for development purposes, the .ACCDB, =
and
> convert it to .ACCDE just prior to releasing a new version to the users. =
=A0Of
> course, you will have, long since, split the data and the front end -- ab=
out
> which, you will find good information athttp://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr=
..htm.

> =A0Larry Linson
> =A0Microsoft Office Access MVP
>
> "comp.databases.ms-access" <cl...@cavs.org.uk> wrote in message

> On Sep 25, 6:44 pm, Pavlo Pedan <korpu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102345611033.aspx
>
> > you can prevent changes to forms, reports and VBA code by
> > creating .accde file
>
> > Pavlo
>
> > On Sep 25, 5:02 am, Clare <cl...@cavs.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > > Hi, I'm creating an Access 2007 database for shared use on a LAN and
> > > want to be able to:
> > > (1) control which users can add, edit and view data, and
> > > (2) prevent changes to the design of objects.
> > > Thanks, Clare- Hide quoted text -

> Thank you Pavlo.
> Could you explain how I would manage ongoing design changes (e.g.
> changing from accde back to accdb?)- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Larry, I hadn't done so, and will look at that now.

Clare
0
clare4814 (6)

Does MS Access db have problems with multiple users access it at once?
I am developing an Access db which will be used by multiple users. My questions are: Does MS Access have problems with multiple users accessing the db at once? If yes, what is your solution to this problem? I was informed that Access is not a good application for multiple users accessing it at once. Thank you for your assistance to this issue of mine. Will the users just be reading, or will multiple users be writing at the same time? I've seen data corruption in older (Access '97) databases with large numbers of users reading and writing. I haven't seen any corruption where...

query ms access database from the user
At college i have been given this piece of untidy code because it mixes a gui interface with the console, i prefare one or the other, but its not my code, i understand what it does. It opens the database CarDB by using the java odbc (Open Database Connectivity ) driver and searches for the row make with nissan and displays to the screen as text in a gui text box the columns Registration, Model, Year, Price in the same row as the nissan . I would like the programme to ask the user which car their want to search for . Unfortunately i do not learn at college or have taught myself sql. If i am understanding proberly the line ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery( "SELECT Registration, Model, Year, Price FROM Table1 where Make='nissan'"); is where the query starts, but its hardcoded in, i presume i need to have a line similar to ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery( "SELECT Registration, Model, Year, Price FROM Table1 request Make=' '") or something similar, am i along the correct lines? here is the code.. import java.sql.*; //import javax.swing.JOptionPane; //import javax.swing.JTextArea; import java.io.*; public class Car2 { public static void main(String args[]){ Connection connection; Statement st; String out=""; JTextArea display=new JTextArea(); try{ Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); connection= DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:CarDB","","");...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007 #2
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon Simon van Beek wrote: > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in > Access 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon Yes. There might be some issues, though, depending on how you've programmed the db. Best suggestion, in my eyes, would be testing and playing around a little with *a* *copy* of the database and see what turns up. Most likely, you'd need to set the directory in which the database resides, as a trusted location. A very good sumup of "the good, bad and ugly" ;-) of Access 2007 is this list by Allen Browne http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Roy-Vidar Simon, Best wishes to you too. One question: why do you use so many carriage returns in your messages? They cause readers having to unnecessary scroll. Thanks, John "Simon van Beek" <SvanBeekNL@Versatel.nl> schreef in bericht news:495f3ebf$0$28733$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl... > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access > 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon >...

Permissions Issue when linking to MS SQL 2000 DB from MS Access XP
Hello, We have a database in MS SQL 2000 and I'm trying to link to it from MS Access XP. I've created a user with full access to one specific table in the MS SQL database, but Access won't write to it. I can open this table in MS Query Analyzer and log-in as the user, and I can do update, delete, and select queries just fine... but when I link to the table from MS Access using the same MS SQL username/password, I can only read the data... no write or delete. Since I can update data fine in MS Query Analyzer, I assume permissions are setup properly. Anyone know why I can not ed...

Track the User logged in the Shared MS Access Database
Hi, is there a way to know which user last logged in the shared Access database. My requirement is that I must be able to track the users that log in the database and incase its not working because one of the user has done something wrong that I must be able to track him/her. TIA -G. See: HOW TO: Check Who Logged into Database with Jet UserRoster in Access 2000 at: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=198755 You may find it easier to use your initialization code (e.g. AutoExec macro) to actually log the users in and out. Just Execute an Append query statement on a table set up for thi...

Active Directory and MS Access Object Level Permissions
Is there any way using AD to set object level permissions down to the object level in MS Access, the way it is done internally via the Access security workgroup? Does Active Directory offer the functionality to assign certain permissions on certain objects (tables, queries, forms, etc) within an Access database to certain users or can this only be done via MS Access internal object level permissions via mdw file? On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:55:42 -0700, mondalep@rfa.org wrote: No. You can do this with Access security only. -Tom. >Is there any way using AD to set object level permissions do...

Converting Access 2003 database to 2007 with user level security
How do I convert a Access 2003 database to 2007 when user level security has been set in 2003? When I attempt it, I am told I have to decode it and when I attempt to decode it, I am told that I don't have the permissions. I can't find how to import the permissions from the 2003 Workgroup Information File. I seem to be caught in a loop. Any ideas? Come on folks. Somebody must have some ideas. Am I missing something really obvious? I thought you could just run the workgroup admin, butthat might not be on your machine. However, just setup a shortcut in a2007 that specifies the workgroup file.. it will look something like: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12\MSACCESS.EXE" "c:\program files\RidesXP\RidesXP.mdb" /wrkgrp "c:\Program Files\RidesXP\Rides.mdw" The above shortuct would be on one line, and a space between each line. So, that should let you open the file. The security admin options like you had in 2003 will be available in the 2007 menus once you open the file with the correct workgroup as per above... -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com Many, many thanks Albert, it worked a treat. Why on earth did they leave that out? "colin spalding" <colin.mardell@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:64733826-536c-418c-8f28-9437a73c8504@g3g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > Many, many thanks Albert, it worked a treat. Why on earth did they > le...

Web resources about - User level permissions MS Access 2007 - comp.databases.ms-access

Permission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Fixing Vulnerability That Would Prohibit Users From Revoking App Permissions
Facebook is working to remedy a vulnerability discovered by application security provider MyPermissions , which blocks users of the social network ...

Dwight Murphy - Ok, I now have permission to share the... - Facebook
Ok, I now have permission to share the news about Bowe Bergdahl..This in 2 emails... Here it is in Bob Bergdahls words to me! (1) You guys rock! ...

How-To: Handle Revoked Auth Permissions
This how-to document will help developers check a user's permissions and prompt that user for any missing permissions.

Facebook gives users more options for login, app permissions
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s new mantra of “Move fast with stable infra,” might not be as sexy as “ Move fast and break things ,” but it reflects ...

Arafat's widow grants permission for Swiss lab to test poisoning theory
The Palestinian Authority also approved the probe, which was requested by Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas after a media investigation found ...

'Give me the tooth': Pensioner fights for teeth 'taken without permission'
Perth pensioner Doreen Wilkes is fighting to get her front teeth back after they were allegedly removed by a student dentist without permission. ...

CSIRO moves toward industrial action: seeks Fair Work permission for protected action ballot
CSIRO's new chief executive Larry Marshall could soon be faced with disruptive staff.