Using receipt printer in MS ACCESS

Hi all and thanking you all in advance for your help

My client wants to use a receipt printer. Since I have never used one
before I have some questions.

1. Unlike other printers which are set by default to print a whole A4
size page, I want the receipt printer to print an unlimited lenght of
receipt, that is to say that if five items are sold, the receipt
printer should print company details with five items and a total figure
and stop printing which would not exceed two inches of paper. On the
other hand, if thirty items are sold than the receipt will print
company details with all thirty items and a total figure and stop
printing which might be a lengh of four inches. Is the lenght of
receipt being controlled by coding it in Access or is this done with
the software that comes with the printer?. If it is done through a code
in access, can you please show me the code or the link.

2. Does the receipt printer work the same as barcode printer. I will
need the bar code printer for printing barcode for inventory.

3. Finally, what manufacturers and model should I use. Some tell me
that Epson printers will work fine for this kind of application.

Your help and thoughts is highly appriciated.

0
hasanainf (24)

hasanainf@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi all and thanking you all in advance for your help
>
> My client wants to use a receipt printer. Since I have never used one
> before I have some questions.
>
> 1. Unlike other printers which are set by default to print a whole A4
> size page, I want the receipt printer to print an unlimited lenght of
> receipt, that is to say that if five items are sold, the receipt
> printer should print company details with five items and a total figure
> and stop printing which would not exceed two inches of paper. On the
> other hand, if thirty items are sold than the receipt will print
> company details with all thirty items and a total figure and stop
> printing which might be a lengh of four inches. Is the lenght of
> receipt being controlled by coding it in Access or is this done with
> the software that comes with the printer?. If it is done through a code
> in access, can you please show me the code or the link.
>
> 2. Does the receipt printer work the same as barcode printer. I will
> need the bar code printer for printing barcode for inventory.
>
> 3. Finally, what manufacturers and model should I use. Some tell me
> that Epson printers will work fine for this kind of application.
>
> Your help and thoughts is highly appriciated.

I don't know if this will assist or not.  But you can test it out.  Let
us know if it works.  I went to Control Panel and selected Printers,
then selected AddNewPrinter.

In XP, this brought up a wizard.  I selected LocalPrinters/Check for
Plug&Play.  It went through it's process, found nothing, then asked if
it should do a Manual Install by pressing the Next button.  So I went
ahead, selected LPT1: as the printer port, then selected Generic as the
manufacturer and Generic/TextOnly as the printer model.

Once I had defined the printer, I pullied up the properties for the
printer.  Under DeviceSettings I selected ContinuousFeed, NoBreak, Size
Letter.  (I think the NoBreak feature is what you want).

Now create a report.  Put in a page footer with a control and enter
=Space(1) as a place the printer needs to print in the report.  This
should kick the paper up a few lines so you can rip it off.

I don't know if your receipt printer has a driver for it.  If so, use it
and check out its properties.  Also verify you don't have a ForceNewPage
property set to Yes in the report in your report bands.
0
oil (4047)