Using receipt printer in MS ACCESS

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all and thanking you all in advance for your help

My client wants to use a receipt printer. Since I have never used one
before I have some questions.

1. Unlike other printers which are set by default to print a whole A4
size page, I want the receipt printer to print an unlimited lenght of
receipt, that is to say that if five items are sold, the receipt
printer should print company details with five items and a total figure
and stop printing which would not exceed two inches of paper. On the
other hand, if thirty items are sold than the receipt will print
company details with all thirty items and a total figure and stop
printing which might be a lengh of four inches. Is the lenght of
receipt being controlled by coding it in Access or is this done with
the software that comes with the printer?. If it is done through a code
in access, can you please show me the code or the link.

2. Does the receipt printer work the same as barcode printer. I will
need the bar code printer for printing barcode for inventory.

3. Finally, what manufacturers and model should I use. Some tell me
that Epson printers will work fine for this kind of application.

Your help and thoughts is highly appriciated.

0
Reply hasanainf (24) 4/28/2006 6:27:47 AM

See related articles to this posting

hasanainf@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi all and thanking you all in advance for your help
>
> My client wants to use a receipt printer. Since I have never used one
> before I have some questions.
>
> 1. Unlike other printers which are set by default to print a whole A4
> size page, I want the receipt printer to print an unlimited lenght of
> receipt, that is to say that if five items are sold, the receipt
> printer should print company details with five items and a total figure
> and stop printing which would not exceed two inches of paper. On the
> other hand, if thirty items are sold than the receipt will print
> company details with all thirty items and a total figure and stop
> printing which might be a lengh of four inches. Is the lenght of
> receipt being controlled by coding it in Access or is this done with
> the software that comes with the printer?. If it is done through a code
> in access, can you please show me the code or the link.
>
> 2. Does the receipt printer work the same as barcode printer. I will
> need the bar code printer for printing barcode for inventory.
>
> 3. Finally, what manufacturers and model should I use. Some tell me
> that Epson printers will work fine for this kind of application.
>
> Your help and thoughts is highly appriciated.

I don't know if this will assist or not.  But you can test it out.  Let
us know if it works.  I went to Control Panel and selected Printers,
then selected AddNewPrinter.

In XP, this brought up a wizard.  I selected LocalPrinters/Check for
Plug&Play.  It went through it's process, found nothing, then asked if
it should do a Manual Install by pressing the Next button.  So I went
ahead, selected LPT1: as the printer port, then selected Generic as the
manufacturer and Generic/TextOnly as the printer model.

Once I had defined the printer, I pullied up the properties for the
printer.  Under DeviceSettings I selected ContinuousFeed, NoBreak, Size
Letter.  (I think the NoBreak feature is what you want).

Now create a report.  Put in a page footer with a control and enter
=Space(1) as a place the printer needs to print in the report.  This
should kick the paper up a few lines so you can rip it off.

I don't know if your receipt printer has a driver for it.  If so, use it
and check out its properties.  Also verify you don't have a ForceNewPage
property set to Yes in the report in your report bands.
0
Reply oil (4048) 4/28/2006 9:48:01 PM
comp.databases.ms-access 42166 articles. 10 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi: I have an MS Access query for a table called MyTable. One of my fields in the query is a custom field that looks like "MyField: = MyFunction(ID)" where ID is a field in MyTable. I have ASP code and I can use it to read the query OK when "MyField" is not part of the query. If I add in MyField and then run my ASP code to try to read all the query fields, I get an error message on my web browser which says something to the effect of "cannot find MyFunction." On the Access side, I have MyFunction set up in a module and use the keyword "Public" in fr...

Ms Access frontend / Oracle backend problem
Hi all, I'm developing a database using Ms Access 97 as the frontend and Oracle 8.17 as the backend under win2k os. Using Oracle ODBC to link the tables in Ms Access. This database is supposed to be used by 10 users at anyone time. Everything else is working as I expected but one. The one problem is, everytime I update or insert records using SQL*Plus, the changes or the new records do not show when I open the linked table in Ms Access frontend. I had to restart my computer before the table in Ms Access showed the correct records/data. Has anyone else had the same problem? ...

Access needs to be installed for me to use MS Access
Hi, Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no then how do I access and wrie to access database? Thanks, Vikas. <vikassah@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166161668.556801.183030@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I > need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no > then how do I access and wrie to access database? If Access, or the Access runtime (from the developer extensio...

Accessing MS-Access from OpenRoad using ActiveX
Hi I'm wanting to conect to an MS-Access MDB file from an OpenRoad program using ActiveX. Can someone tell me the files I need to use/register for Windows XP? Any other help or suggestions would be most appreciated. Darren dharvey911@hotmail.com ...

How to get Graphs from MS Access and use them in MS Powerpoint
Is there any easy way how to use graphs created in MS Access 2000 in Powerpoint?Especially when I need to use about 20 of them. Is there any development in Office 2003? Oskar *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Instead of creating the graphs in Access, perhaps you should use vba either (a) to open Powerpoint from within Access and create the graph by pushing data into a Powerpoint template of your own design or (b) start Powerpoint and open the Access database in code and pull the data into a graph. Eith...

Using VBA to toggle from MS Word to MS Access?
Access 2003, Windows XP SP2 I have an application that generates a word document populated with a variety of fields from Access tables. The word document is generated when the user presses a button (cmdGenerateAgreement) on a form (frmTransaction). I want the process to work as follows: 1. User presses button 2. Word document is opened and populated 3. Access screen becomes visible with a message box 4. User presses Ok 5. Word screen becomes visible for finalization My question is how do I achieve steps 3 and 5? I've tried SetFocus, Access Web's API: Manipulate Window (fSetAccessW...

Using Iseries Access ODBC Driver with MS ACCESS 2003
When Trying attaching databases into MsAccess2003 using Iseries Access ODBC Driver (I'm in OS400 v5r2) I get an error message according to which the duration of connection is too long and so I can't attach the database although I got the list of the tables in the library I specified. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance. The timeout to dispay de data is small. You need to increase this timeout. The problem can occur when the tables are very very very (but very) big. "Bertrand Bard" <bbard@dehon.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:d01a5cc.0404280030.58f11d3e@posting.go...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...