Using receipt printer in MS ACCESS

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all and thanking you all in advance for your help

My client wants to use a receipt printer. Since I have never used one
before I have some questions.

1. Unlike other printers which are set by default to print a whole A4
size page, I want the receipt printer to print an unlimited lenght of
receipt, that is to say that if five items are sold, the receipt
printer should print company details with five items and a total figure
and stop printing which would not exceed two inches of paper. On the
other hand, if thirty items are sold than the receipt will print
company details with all thirty items and a total figure and stop
printing which might be a lengh of four inches. Is the lenght of
receipt being controlled by coding it in Access or is this done with
the software that comes with the printer?. If it is done through a code
in access, can you please show me the code or the link.

2. Does the receipt printer work the same as barcode printer. I will
need the bar code printer for printing barcode for inventory.

3. Finally, what manufacturers and model should I use. Some tell me
that Epson printers will work fine for this kind of application.

Your help and thoughts is highly appriciated.

0
Reply hasanainf (24) 4/28/2006 6:27:47 AM

See related articles to this posting

hasanainf@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi all and thanking you all in advance for your help
>
> My client wants to use a receipt printer. Since I have never used one
> before I have some questions.
>
> 1. Unlike other printers which are set by default to print a whole A4
> size page, I want the receipt printer to print an unlimited lenght of
> receipt, that is to say that if five items are sold, the receipt
> printer should print company details with five items and a total figure
> and stop printing which would not exceed two inches of paper. On the
> other hand, if thirty items are sold than the receipt will print
> company details with all thirty items and a total figure and stop
> printing which might be a lengh of four inches. Is the lenght of
> receipt being controlled by coding it in Access or is this done with
> the software that comes with the printer?. If it is done through a code
> in access, can you please show me the code or the link.
>
> 2. Does the receipt printer work the same as barcode printer. I will
> need the bar code printer for printing barcode for inventory.
>
> 3. Finally, what manufacturers and model should I use. Some tell me
> that Epson printers will work fine for this kind of application.
>
> Your help and thoughts is highly appriciated.

I don't know if this will assist or not.  But you can test it out.  Let
us know if it works.  I went to Control Panel and selected Printers,
then selected AddNewPrinter.

In XP, this brought up a wizard.  I selected LocalPrinters/Check for
Plug&Play.  It went through it's process, found nothing, then asked if
it should do a Manual Install by pressing the Next button.  So I went
ahead, selected LPT1: as the printer port, then selected Generic as the
manufacturer and Generic/TextOnly as the printer model.

Once I had defined the printer, I pullied up the properties for the
printer.  Under DeviceSettings I selected ContinuousFeed, NoBreak, Size
Letter.  (I think the NoBreak feature is what you want).

Now create a report.  Put in a page footer with a control and enter
=Space(1) as a place the printer needs to print in the report.  This
should kick the paper up a few lines so you can rip it off.

I don't know if your receipt printer has a driver for it.  If so, use it
and check out its properties.  Also verify you don't have a ForceNewPage
property set to Yes in the report in your report bands.
0
Reply oil (4048) 4/28/2006 9:48:01 PM
comp.databases.ms-access 42240 articles. 10 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi: I have an MS Access query for a table called MyTable. One of my fields in the query is a custom field that looks like "MyField: = MyFunction(ID)" where ID is a field in MyTable. I have ASP code and I can use it to read the query OK when "MyField" is not part of the query. If I add in MyField and then run my ASP code to try to read all the query fields, I get an error message on my web browser which says something to the effect of "cannot find MyFunction." On the Access side, I have MyFunction set up in a module and use the keyword "Public" in fr...

Ms Access frontend / Oracle backend problem
Hi all, I'm developing a database using Ms Access 97 as the frontend and Oracle 8.17 as the backend under win2k os. Using Oracle ODBC to link the tables in Ms Access. This database is supposed to be used by 10 users at anyone time. Everything else is working as I expected but one. The one problem is, everytime I update or insert records using SQL*Plus, the changes or the new records do not show when I open the linked table in Ms Access frontend. I had to restart my computer before the table in Ms Access showed the correct records/data. Has anyone else had the same problem? ...

Access needs to be installed for me to use MS Access
Hi, Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no then how do I access and wrie to access database? Thanks, Vikas. <vikassah@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166161668.556801.183030@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I > need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no > then how do I access and wrie to access database? If Access, or the Access runtime (from the developer extensio...

Accessing MS-Access from OpenRoad using ActiveX
Hi I'm wanting to conect to an MS-Access MDB file from an OpenRoad program using ActiveX. Can someone tell me the files I need to use/register for Windows XP? Any other help or suggestions would be most appreciated. Darren dharvey911@hotmail.com ...

How to get Graphs from MS Access and use them in MS Powerpoint
Is there any easy way how to use graphs created in MS Access 2000 in Powerpoint?Especially when I need to use about 20 of them. Is there any development in Office 2003? Oskar *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Instead of creating the graphs in Access, perhaps you should use vba either (a) to open Powerpoint from within Access and create the graph by pushing data into a Powerpoint template of your own design or (b) start Powerpoint and open the Access database in code and pull the data into a graph. Eith...

Using VBA to toggle from MS Word to MS Access?
Access 2003, Windows XP SP2 I have an application that generates a word document populated with a variety of fields from Access tables. The word document is generated when the user presses a button (cmdGenerateAgreement) on a form (frmTransaction). I want the process to work as follows: 1. User presses button 2. Word document is opened and populated 3. Access screen becomes visible with a message box 4. User presses Ok 5. Word screen becomes visible for finalization My question is how do I achieve steps 3 and 5? I've tried SetFocus, Access Web's API: Manipulate Window (fSetAccessW...

Using Iseries Access ODBC Driver with MS ACCESS 2003
When Trying attaching databases into MsAccess2003 using Iseries Access ODBC Driver (I'm in OS400 v5r2) I get an error message according to which the duration of connection is too long and so I can't attach the database although I got the list of the tables in the library I specified. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance. The timeout to dispay de data is small. You need to increase this timeout. The problem can occur when the tables are very very very (but very) big. "Bertrand Bard" <bbard@dehon.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:d01a5cc.0404280030.58f11d3e@posting.go...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

copying data from MS-SQL to MS-Access using VB.Net
Hi there, I'm trying to use MSAccess as a "container" to move data around from one MS-SQL server DB to another. This is basically already a design decision that has been made for a lot of reasons and can't be changed by me. What I was wondering is what is the bet way to populate the MS-Access DB. The DB will only contain 6 tables which will have a very small amount of data in them. I have tried to use ADO.Net to read the data from MS-SQL into a DataTable and then save it into the MS-Access DB using again using a DataTable populated from the first, but I can't seem to ge...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007 #2
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon Simon van Beek wrote: > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in > Access 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon Yes. There might be some issues, though, depending on how you've programmed the db. Best suggestion, in my eyes, would be testing ...

Using Crystal Reports in MS-Access & Use of timer event
Farid Khan wrote in an e-mail message to me: > dear sir would you tell me how to use the crystal reports > in ms access and the use of timer. > thank you. Alan Webb ...

VBA in MS Word and MS Access different (use of external COM objects)
Hi, We have a COM object, which in turn use DDE to communicate with another application of ours. Access to this COM object works fine from C++, Visual Basic applications, VBS and VBA from MS Word. But the the same VBA code that works in Word fails in MS Access. Are there any differences in how VBA in MS Access use COM objects? Should a COM object be ceated in any special manner to be able to be used from MS Access? thanks/Patrik Sj�gren Most of the idiosyncrasies of the Access host container are documented via a couple of MS KB articles. Of the couple of ActiveX controls I have created ...

Error when using Microsoft Data Access Objects (DAO) to interface with MS Access
MATLAB doesn't seem to like several of the methods available with some MIcrosoft Data Access Objects (DAO). >> DBName = 'C:\CourseTechnology\86092-1d\Access\Brief\Case1\Videos.mdb'; >> SQLServer = DBInitialize; >> TableName = 'Client'; >> Data = DB.OpenRecordset(['SELECT * FROM ' TableName ';']); >> DB.TableDefs(TableName) ??? Index exceeds matrix dimensions. >> td = DB.CreateTableDef td = Interface.Microsoft_DAO_3.6_Object_Library._TableDef >> dbstr = ';DATABASE=C:\CourseTechnology\86092...

Using Sendkeys method and MS Paint to extract embedded images in MS Access
I have a database with hundreds of embedded photos (Microsoft Photo 3.0) Many are larger than 1 MB. I tried Stephen Lebans macro but it did not work probably for the aforementioned reasons Now I am trying to use the copy portion of Stephens macro and then open MS Paint using Sendkeys to Paste and save. The Sendkeys method is opening the Paint app but not executing the paste command. Wondering what I am doing wrong. I have only ever use sendkeys once and that was 8 years ago, my memory is a bit fuzzy Here's the sendkeys macro; It seems to fail on the appactivate command tho I do not...

How to access data from an MS Excel sheet and import it to a MS Word using LabView?
Hello I would like to know how is it possible to access a specified data( for example row 1 ,column 2 to 5) in an Excel sheet and import it to a word document using LabView. Thanks You can interact with Office application through ActiveX, but you should be warned that it requires opening a lot of properties and going deep into the Office object hierarchy and this does not look nice in LabVIEW. If you open the example finder (Help&gt;&gt;Find Examples) and search for "ActiveX" or "Excel" you should find some examples on the basics of working with Excel. You can ...

Accessing linked tables in MS Access database using JDBC ODBC Bridge
Does anyone know if JDBC can access linked tables in a Microsoft Access? We have a Mictosoft Access database that contains linked tables that are physically on a network drive. On a windows machine, We set up a java servlet that uses JDBC to connect to a microsoft access database using a DSN name set up in the ODBC administrator. We are able to run a query using a table that is physically on the database but not on tables linked into the database. The linked tables are comng from another Microsoft Access database on a mapped network drive. The java servlet and the database contain...

How to do this using MS ACCESS
I am producing a report that requires me, among many other things, to calculate the average contracts for about 1000 companies during the yr 2003. The "quirk" is that all the companies do not have the same number of months. When using DB2 the below code counts the average contracts of each group for 2003. What code can I use in MS ACCESS to produce the same result? SELECT COMPANY_NAME, SUM(CONTRACTS)/COUNT(DISTINCT FIRST_DAY_OF_MONTH) contracts FROM TABLE Thanks Instead of expecting us to read DB2 SQL, could you just state the problem a little more clearly? Access has...

Problem while retrieving values from MS Access from jsp using some condition using date functions.

Accessing linked tables in MS Access database using JDBC ODBC Bridge #2
Does anyone know if JDBC can access linked tables in a Microsoft Access? We have a Mictosoft Access database that contains linked tables that are physically on a network drive. On a windows machine, We set up a java servlet that uses JDBC to connect to a microsoft access database using a DSN name set up in the ODBC administrator. We are able to run a query using a table that is physically on the database but not on tables linked into the database. The linked tables are comng from another Microsoft Access database on a mapped network drive. The java servlet and the database contain...

how to access the content of a control when using a 'save' button on the ms-access 2010 ribbon
I have a ribbon with one of the buttons defined as <button id="cmdSave" size="large" label="Save" imageMso="FileSave" onAction="=saveRecord()"/> the ribbon is linked to a form, and the form has as a bound control 'currencyId' and the saveRecord() function if (nz(currencyId, "")="") then msgbox "Currency id required" endif if, using the form, I add a new record and enter 'ab' in the currency id field then I click the 'save' button on the ribbon, I get the m...

Using Skype with MS Access
Hi there Does anyone have any information on how to embed skype in an access database. I've installed both API's; - SkypeX, and - SkypeAPI ....but I dont know how to use them within MS Access. The documentation only shows integration with VBScript, not VBA. Any ideas? Cheers Graeme. What does the VBScript look like? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <googlegroups@budget-edi.co.uk> wrote in message news:1116454678.199277.62410@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi there > > Does anyone have any information on ...

Using GUIDs in MS Access
I have a form in Access 2007 that can switch a subform view between Form Vi= ew and Datasheet view, but the selected record doesn't persist when the vie= w change is made.=20 I have been trying to grab the ID from the subform and then FindFirst that = ID after the view has been changed. The problem I am running into is that t= he ID for that subform is a GUID in SQL Server, so I am having a tough time= converting it or getting FindFirst to work Here is my code: Private Sub frmFormView_AfterUpdate() =20 DBGuidFld =3D Me.subBilling.Form.RecordsetClone!ID strGUID ...

Using ArcIMS with MS Access, how?
Hello, I'm using ArcIms (HTML viewer), querying data from shapefile dbf file but this solution is obviously non suitable. I would like to know how to use directly the information stored in a MS Access relational db via ArcIMS. Using ArcGIS I can create a project where informations are stored in Access and joined or related to various layers and retrieved with query and identify but when I publish the service with ArcIMS (via ArcMAPServer extention) no trace remains in results of joined/related data. Is there any setting I have to set? Or ArcIMS is non able to use joined/related...