Using receipt printer in MS ACCESS

Hi all and thanking you all in advance for your help

My client wants to use a receipt printer. Since I have never used one
before I have some questions.

1. Unlike other printers which are set by default to print a whole A4
size page, I want the receipt printer to print an unlimited lenght of
receipt, that is to say that if five items are sold, the receipt
printer should print company details with five items and a total figure
and stop printing which would not exceed two inches of paper. On the
other hand, if thirty items are sold than the receipt will print
company details with all thirty items and a total figure and stop
printing which might be a lengh of four inches. Is the lenght of
receipt being controlled by coding it in Access or is this done with
the software that comes with the printer?. If it is done through a code
in access, can you please show me the code or the link.

2. Does the receipt printer work the same as barcode printer. I will
need the bar code printer for printing barcode for inventory.

3. Finally, what manufacturers and model should I use. Some tell me
that Epson printers will work fine for this kind of application.

Your help and thoughts is highly appriciated.

0
hasanainf (24)
4/28/2006 6:27:47 AM
comp.databases.ms-access 42605 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

hasanainf@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi all and thanking you all in advance for your help
>
> My client wants to use a receipt printer. Since I have never used one
> before I have some questions.
>
> 1. Unlike other printers which are set by default to print a whole A4
> size page, I want the receipt printer to print an unlimited lenght of
> receipt, that is to say that if five items are sold, the receipt
> printer should print company details with five items and a total figure
> and stop printing which would not exceed two inches of paper. On the
> other hand, if thirty items are sold than the receipt will print
> company details with all thirty items and a total figure and stop
> printing which might be a lengh of four inches. Is the lenght of
> receipt being controlled by coding it in Access or is this done with
> the software that comes with the printer?. If it is done through a code
> in access, can you please show me the code or the link.
>
> 2. Does the receipt printer work the same as barcode printer. I will
> need the bar code printer for printing barcode for inventory.
>
> 3. Finally, what manufacturers and model should I use. Some tell me
> that Epson printers will work fine for this kind of application.
>
> Your help and thoughts is highly appriciated.

I don't know if this will assist or not.  But you can test it out.  Let
us know if it works.  I went to Control Panel and selected Printers,
then selected AddNewPrinter.

In XP, this brought up a wizard.  I selected LocalPrinters/Check for
Plug&Play.  It went through it's process, found nothing, then asked if
it should do a Manual Install by pressing the Next button.  So I went
ahead, selected LPT1: as the printer port, then selected Generic as the
manufacturer and Generic/TextOnly as the printer model.

Once I had defined the printer, I pullied up the properties for the
printer.  Under DeviceSettings I selected ContinuousFeed, NoBreak, Size
Letter.  (I think the NoBreak feature is what you want).

Now create a report.  Put in a page footer with a control and enter
=Space(1) as a place the printer needs to print in the report.  This
should kick the paper up a few lines so you can rip it off.

I don't know if your receipt printer has a driver for it.  If so, use it
and check out its properties.  Also verify you don't have a ForceNewPage
property set to Yes in the report in your report bands.
0
oil (4047)

Access needs to be installed for me to use MS Access
Hi, Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no then how do I access and wrie to access database? Thanks, Vikas. <vikassah@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166161668.556801.183030@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I > need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no > then how do I access and wrie to access database? If Access, or the Access runtime (from the developer extensions) is not on the user's machine, then the front-end can be written in a language that supports either DAO or ADO, both of which are available in libraries that are compatible with classic VB (through V6), C++, C#, or VB.NET. There are ther programming languages that can use Windows DLLs, too. Just for the record, though even Microsoft makes the same slip, what you have is _not_ an Access backend, but a Jet database engine backend. DAO support for Jet is available in the "MDAC 5.0" and earlier, and ADO support is available in that, and later versions of MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components). Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP ...

Accessing MS-Access from OpenRoad using ActiveX
Hi I'm wanting to conect to an MS-Access MDB file from an OpenRoad program using ActiveX. Can someone tell me the files I need to use/register for Windows XP? Any other help or suggestions would be most appreciated. Darren dharvey911@hotmail.com ...

Using VBA to toggle from MS Word to MS Access?
Access 2003, Windows XP SP2 I have an application that generates a word document populated with a variety of fields from Access tables. The word document is generated when the user presses a button (cmdGenerateAgreement) on a form (frmTransaction). I want the process to work as follows: 1. User presses button 2. Word document is opened and populated 3. Access screen becomes visible with a message box 4. User presses Ok 5. Word screen becomes visible for finalization My question is how do I achieve steps 3 and 5? I've tried SetFocus, Access Web's API: Manipulate Window (fSetAccessWindow), and a lot of browsing in the newsgroups. Nothing seems to work. My guess is that this functionality will require a call to the Windows API. I've read all the relevant sections in my Access books, and nothing specific to this situation is mentioned. Can this functionality be accessed using VBA? If so, any help or direction would be appreciated. If not, can anyone think of a work around? Thank you, Kelii My super easy merge does all 5 steps...and you can "enable" ANY screen for merge with ONE line of code.... The sample I have can be found here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html What is nice/interesting about my sample is that is specially designed to enable ANY form with ONE LINE of code.... Thus, each time you build a new form, you can word merge enable it with great ease. Make sure you read the instructions from above, and y...

How to get Graphs from MS Access and use them in MS Powerpoint
Is there any easy way how to use graphs created in MS Access 2000 in Powerpoint?Especially when I need to use about 20 of them. Is there any development in Office 2003? Oskar *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Instead of creating the graphs in Access, perhaps you should use vba either (a) to open Powerpoint from within Access and create the graph by pushing data into a Powerpoint template of your own design or (b) start Powerpoint and open the Access database in code and pull the data into a graph. Eith...

Using Iseries Access ODBC Driver with MS ACCESS 2003
When Trying attaching databases into MsAccess2003 using Iseries Access ODBC Driver (I'm in OS400 v5r2) I get an error message according to which the duration of connection is too long and so I can't attach the database although I got the list of the tables in the library I specified. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance. The timeout to dispay de data is small. You need to increase this timeout. The problem can occur when the tables are very very very (but very) big. "Bertrand Bard" <bbard@dehon.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:d01a5cc.0404280030.58f11d3e@posting.go...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

copying data from MS-SQL to MS-Access using VB.Net
Hi there, I'm trying to use MSAccess as a "container" to move data around from one MS-SQL server DB to another. This is basically already a design decision that has been made for a lot of reasons and can't be changed by me. What I was wondering is what is the bet way to populate the MS-Access DB. The DB will only contain 6 tables which will have a very small amount of data in them. I have tried to use ADO.Net to read the data from MS-SQL into a DataTable and then save it into the MS-Access DB using again using a DataTable populated from the first, but I can't seem to ge...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007 #2
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon Simon van Beek wrote: > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in > Access 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon Yes. There might be some issues, though, depending on how you've programmed the db. Best suggestion, in my eyes, would be testing and playing around a little with *a* *copy* of the database and see what turns up. Most likely, you'd need to set the directory in which the database resides, as a trusted location. A very good sumup of "the good, bad and ugly" ;-) of Access 2007 is this list by Allen Browne http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Roy-Vidar Simon, Best wishes to you too. One question: why do you use so many carriage returns in your messages? They cause readers having to unnecessary scroll. Thanks, John "Simon van Beek" <SvanBeekNL@Versatel.nl> schreef in bericht news:495f3ebf$0$28733$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl... > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access > 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon >...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Using Sendkeys method and MS Paint to extract embedded images in MS Access
I have a database with hundreds of embedded photos (Microsoft Photo 3.0) Many are larger than 1 MB. I tried Stephen Lebans macro but it did not work probably for the aforementioned reasons Now I am trying to use the copy portion of Stephens macro and then open MS Paint using Sendkeys to Paste and save. The Sendkeys method is opening the Paint app but not executing the paste command. Wondering what I am doing wrong. I have only ever use sendkeys once and that was 8 years ago, my memory is a bit fuzzy Here's the sendkeys macro; It seems to fail on the appactivate command tho I do not know why. The code is taken from the Help file for a similar example for the calculator app, and that works fine. Appreciate any tips. Dim ReturnValue, I ReturnValue = Shell("MSPAINT.EXE", 1) Me.RecordsetClone.MoveFirst 'Do While Not Me.RecordsetClone.EOF Me.Bookmark = Me.RecordsetClone.Bookmark 'Save the picture ' Me.OLEBound19.SetFocus DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCopy AppActivate ReturnValue SendKeys "%EP" SendKeys "%FS~" SendKeys "%~" SendKeys "%Fx~" Are you using the ExtractInventoryOLE solution? It sounds like you are using the older Clipboard based solution. Use the latest version here: http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm NEW - Feb 06/2006 ExtractInventoryOLE.zip A2K or higher ONLY! This version saves the entire contents of a table containing OLE Objects to disk. Does NOT require the original application that s...

Web resources about - Using receipt printer in MS ACCESS - comp.databases.ms-access

Receipt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A receipt, obtained in a Swiss mountain restaurant on the top of the Grosse Scheidegg . Includes a list of meals with prices, Tisch (table) number ...

Bug Causes Some Facebook Advertisers To Receive Other Advertisers’ Receipts
Facebook responded via email to advertisers who were victimized by a bug Tuesday night, which resulted in several of them receiving receipts ...

I received an email titled "Your Facebook Ads receipt". - Facebook-Hilfeforum - Facebook
I received an email titled "Your Facebook Ads receipt". The amount was correct at the top, but the listing of the ads I ran were not. It was ...

CVS Receipt (@CVS_Receipt) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here CVS Receipt @ CVS_Receipt ...

Expensify - Expense Reports, Receipts, Mileage, Time Entry, Travel on the App Store on iTunes
Get Expensify - Expense Reports, Receipts, Mileage, Time Entry, Travel on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Close-up of the receipts spooling out - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Tax receipts
Is the Abbott government's personalised tax receipt a useful idea?

LeadMaster cuts invoice receipt times by two weeks with cloud solution
... company, LeadMaster Australia, has deployed a cloud-based billing solution from Zuora which it claims cut average customer invoicing and receipt ...

Diner shocked after getting a receipt marked ‘white ppl’ at curry house - The Courier-Mail Search Search ...
A DINER who ordered a mild curry from a local Indian restaurant was left speechless when he opened the receipt to find “WHITE PPL” on it.

'None, Ni**er': Racist receipt shocks waitress at Red Lobster
A WAITRESS at a family restaurant has described her shock at receiving a receipt from her customers with racist language written on the tipping ...