using the printer object, how do I tell what my default printer is

I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings
so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer

    Dim prt As Printer
    Set prt = Application.Printers(0)

but it doesn't
and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight
possible printers
so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default
printer'  but I can't find one

is there a way to do this ?
0
lesperancer (750)

On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote:
> I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings
> so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer
>
> =A0 =A0 Dim prt As Printer
> =A0 =A0 Set prt =3D Application.Printers(0)
>
> but it doesn't
> and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight
> possible printers
> so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default
> printer' =A0but I can't find one
>
> is there a way to do this ?

looks like this will do it
   application.Printer.DeviceName

and application.printer also has a rightMargin setting
so
?application.printer.RightMargin
 360

how does 360 relate to a 1" margin

if I change the margin using
    application.Printer.RightMargin =3D 200
will it apply to any reports that are printed or export to pdf
(access2010)

0
lesperancer (750)
11/10/2011 12:27:20 AM
On Nov 9, 6:27=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote:
> On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote:
>
> > I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings
> > so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer
>
> > =A0 =A0 Dim prt As Printer
> > =A0 =A0 Set prt =3D Application.Printers(0)
>
> > but it doesn't
> > and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight
> > possible printers
> > so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default
> > printer' =A0but I can't find one
>
> > is there a way to do this ?
>
> looks like this will do it
> =A0 =A0application.Printer.DeviceName
>
> and application.printer also has a rightMargin setting
> so
> ?application.printer.RightMargin
> =A0360
>
> how does 360 relate to a 1" margin
>
> if I change the margin using
> =A0 =A0 application.Printer.RightMargin =3D 200
> will it apply to any reports that are printed or export to pdf
> (access2010)

How does 360 relate to 1".  Think  not in inches or centimeters.
Think in twips.  There's 1440 of them per inch.  Divided 360 by 1440
and you have .25.

Regarding your second question...guess you have to try it out.  Can
your printer handle .13 inch margins?
On Nov 9, 6:27=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote:
> On Nov 9, 5:19=A0pm, Roger <lesperan...@natpro.com> wrote:
>
> > I want to set the margins on a report to specific settings
> > so I'm thinking this will set the prt object to my default printer
>
> > =A0 =A0 Dim prt As Printer
> > =A0 =A0 Set prt =3D Application.Printers(0)
>
> > but it doesn't
> > and application.printers.count correct shows that I have eight
> > possible printers
> > so I could cycle through them if there was a prt property for 'default
> > printer' =A0but I can't find one
>
> > is there a way to do this ?
>
> looks like this will do it
> =A0 =A0application.Printer.DeviceName
>
> and application.printer also has a rightMargin setting
> so
> ?application.printer.RightMargin
> =A0360
>
> how does 360 relate to a 1" margin
>
> if I change the margin using
> =A0 =A0 application.Printer.RightMargin =3D 200
> will it apply to any reports that are printed or export to pdf
> (access2010)

Hmmm...thought I responded but it's my response is not here.  Anyway,
360 is the number of twips.  There are 1440 twips per inch.  360/1440
is .25 inch.  200 twips is .13 inches.  Can your printer handle that?

printer specific properties through printer object
Dear All, I am working on a dotmatrix printer through a VB application. I am trying to print a ledger report which may be more than one pages on a 12" long & 10" wide fanfold paper. The problem is that when I issue a ..newpage command the printer head instead of moving to the next page moves some calculated inches and starts printing the next page. The pageheader hence gets printed over the area where the paper makes a fold and the new page starts. also the calculated inches that the printer head moves noticeably makes an equal increment after each page i.e. if the pageheader of ...

Can I use postscript or PCL to tell the printer which paper bin to use?
I'm looking for an automated way to print out PDF files from a server that will also tell my HP LJ5500 printer which paper bin to use for printing. Is this possible? Any pointer is appreciated. Thanks in advance. pnlam wrote: > I'm looking for an automated way to print out PDF files from a server > that will also tell my HP LJ5500 printer which paper bin to use for > printing. Is this possible? Yes. Open the PPD for the printer in question and search for the keyword "InputSlot". You'll have to insert the specific PS calls, eg. <</ManualFeed false/MediaPosition 0>> setpagedevice BTW: If you're using CUPS on the server, CUPS can do the job (inserting PPD features) for you. Query the PPD options of a specific queue via lpoptions -p $printer -l and have a look for InputSlot, eg. InputSlot/Medien-Quelle : Upper *Middle Lower LargeCapacity When printing, you use eg. "-o InputSlot=Upper" to change the default. The appropriate commands will be fetched from the PPD and inserted into the PostScript sent to the printer by the pstops filter. Regards, Thomas ...

Error when using Microsoft Data Access Objects (DAO) to interface with MS Access
MATLAB doesn't seem to like several of the methods available with some MIcrosoft Data Access Objects (DAO). >> DBName = 'C:\CourseTechnology\86092-1d\Access\Brief\Case1\Videos.mdb'; >> SQLServer = DBInitialize; >> TableName = 'Client'; >> Data = DB.OpenRecordset(['SELECT * FROM ' TableName ';']); >> DB.TableDefs(TableName) ??? Index exceeds matrix dimensions. >> td = DB.CreateTableDef td = Interface.Microsoft_DAO_3.6_Object_Library._TableDef >> dbstr = ';DATABASE=C:\CourseTechnology\86092...

Printer Ink
Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill - Hi, I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill. I already have some information about Printer Ink on the website - www.Printer-Ink.biz; what I am looking for is pictures and diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge and printer ink refill work for the www.Printer-ink.biz website. Specifically, I am looking for good pictures of printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer refill in action, maybe in a ink jet printer or laser printer - however, diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer ink refill work in a laser printer, ink jet printer, or even dot matrix printer might be interesting as well. Please only send your own images - with your pictures, please include permission to post them on www.Printer-Ink.biz . Images to pics@Printer-Ink.biz . Thank you, info@Printer-Ink.biz Subject : Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill for www.Printer-Ink.biz flrealbot@yahoo.com wrote: > Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink > Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill > - > > Hi, > > > I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on > Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink ...

HP PSC 1600 Printer sets to default printer
I have a HP PSC 1600 printer that I use at home and for some reason this printer also is set to be my default printer. When I try to change another printer to be my default printer, the other printer will show as being the new default printer, but when I go home again and connect to the HP PSC 1600, this printer HP PSC 1600 again takes over as the default printer. Is there a way for the HP PSC 1600 printer not to take control of being my default printer? ...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

How to give print command to netwok printer and default printer togather
Hi all I have developed on desktop application in Visual Basic for Hotel Management and my client requires multiple printing options here I have multiple printers first default printer which directly connected with source PC other one is in network. The situation is when user give the print command he must be select one respective printer which is in network and secondary printer is default printer which directly connected with source PC now if he give print command, print job should be done by both printers (first Respective selected network printer and default printer) Could any one give ...

Database for printers using killer chip?
I need to buy an ink-jet printer. I understand that some manufacturers now have I/C's installed in the ink cartridges that prevent you from refilling them on your own. Is there a website or other source that tells you whether a particular make/model printer uses a killer chip? Or are they all doing that now? Is there a way around the killer chip? Peabody wrote: > I need to buy an ink-jet printer. I understand that some > manufacturers now have I/C's installed in the ink cartridges that > prevent you from refilling them on your own. > > Is there a website or other source that tells you whether a > particular make/model printer uses a killer chip? Or are they all > doing that now? > > Is there a way around the killer chip? > "Killer chip?" ;-) Epson is the only one as far as I know. Yes, you can buy a resetting tool to reset the chip to read "full". And I think there is also a way to do it via some software you can download. But I have a Canon i850 (from their great new "i" series) and have the ability to refill freely without any hindrance nor fear of clogging. For these two reasons alone I would never buy an Epson; I don't need the hassle. The new Canons have a removeable print head for convenience of replacement should it ever falter, Epsons don't. -Taliesyn Taliesyn wrote: >Peabody wrote: >> I need to buy an ink-jet printer....

Default Printer in report set by Access and not by me
Hi there, I have created an Access 2002 db which contains several reports. Some reports need to be printed on a Laserjet and others on a Labelprinter. One of my clients wants to be able to print the same reports to 3 different laserjets and to 3 different labelprinters. (They work with the db on 3 different units each with their own Laserjet and Labelprinter) For each unit there is a copy of all the reports. The client can make a unit profile in which the specific printers for that unit are defined. When the client wants to print a report, I check whether the printer defined for the unit is t...

default printer on toolbar in access 2002
hi all, i have a problem with a network database that's used by a lot of people. people are finding, they will start the database, and if the mouse is moved over the print icon, the tooltip appears to show which printer it will print to as normal. this printer however is a printer that the user doesn't even have installed. if they however click file > print, they can print to their default printer or any printer that they have installed. any ideas what would be causing this, and possibly how to fix it? thanks everyone. Suggestions: 1. Make sure the Name AutoCorrect boxes are...

Printer sharing over wireless using Printopia
We are trying to share a printer for use by iPad users. The printer is dire= ctly connected to a Mac running Printopia. Both the Mac and all of the iPad= s are connected to the same WLAN. It's working fine at one location, but no= t at all at another location (iPads cannot see the printer). The location i= t works at has standalone APs (mostly 1131AGs). The site it does not work a= t has lightweight APs (4402 WLC running 6.0.199.4, also with 1131AGs). The = controller has multicast enabled, has multicast mode set to 'multicast', an= d has a multicast address set to 239.21.0.1 (I've also tried 224.0.0.1). Th= e Mac and iPads all have normal connectivity. What might the problem be? ...

Administrator access required to use a new printer?
Hello. Does connecting a new printer connection require administrator access in Mac OS X (e.g., 10.5.8)? I gave a client an non-administrator account so he cannot change settings and stuff for security reasons. Thank you in advance. :) -- /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed. Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer. Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote: > Does connecting a new printer connection require administrator access in > Mac OS X (e.g., 10.5.8)? Not necessarily. > I gave a client an non-administrator account so > he cannot change settings and stuff for security reasons. With Mac OS X 10.5.8 your can change CUPS server behavior with your browser (Safari). <http://localhost:631/> -> tab "Administration" giving your admin/password login. -- Jacques Perrocheau ______________________________________________________________________ On 8/7/2012 6:23 AM PT, Jacques Perrocheau typed: > With Mac OS X 10.5.8 your can change CUPS server behavior with your > browser (Safari). > > <http://localhost:631/> -> tab "Administration" giving your > admin/password login. Oo...

Access and use a Win2000 shared printer, HOWTO?
I have a printer on my network which is installed on a win2000 system. I want to access and print documents from my linux box to the remote printer on the Win200. I've tried usin samba but its givin problem I also tried usin webmin printer set-up (cups) but didn't succeed. Can anybody help? I used this web page on setting up the Windows print services in order to share my printer on windows XP with a FreeBSD box running Cups. The windows side should be identical. http://www.asu.edu/clas/pscs/printing/lpd.htm Admin for Cups once it is up and running is on locahost:631 Documentation is on the "On-Line Help" link and then click on "Do Administration Tasks" and follow the wizard for adding a printer. I use lpr -P <cups_printername> <filename> in FreeBSD. It's easier to stick it in a bash script called "print" as lpr -P <cups_printername> $1 The alternative lp command is lp -d <cups_printername> <filename> Good luck, Martin. On 29 Jul 2005 08:44:51 -0700, "lekkie.aydot@gmail.com" <lekkie.aydot@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a printer on my network which is installed on a win2000 system. >I want to access and print documents from my linux box to the remote >printer on the Win200. >I've tried usin samba but its givin problem I also tried usin webmin >printer set-up (cups) but didn't succeed. Can anybody help? ty for this info. I tried it on the W...

Default use Specific Printer and Label Size
I am trying to get MS Access 2000 to print names and addresses onto a Dymo 400 label printer, I have set the Access Report to automatically select the correct printer, then select the label size of �99012 Large Address�. This works fine but when I move my database to another PC (with identical Dymo printer and drivers) the report defaults to the correct printer but does not select the label �99012 Large Address�. On different PC�s it selects different label sizes. I am distributing an MDE (split front back end), when we enter the page set up and manually select the correct label size,...

Using USB printer in MS-DOS prompt?
Hello people. I will be getting a new printer soon, and since everything is going to USB , and I still use MS-DOS applications, I have a question: Is it possible to use an USB printer under a MS-DOS window under Windows 98? []s -- Chaos Master�, posting from Canoas, Brazil - 29.55� S / 51.11� W / GMT- 2h / 15m "Now: the 3-bit processor, with instructions: 1. NOP - does nothing, increase PC. / 2. HLT - does nothing, doesn't increase PC 3. MMX - enter Pentium(r) emulation mode; increase PC / 4. LCK - before MMX: NOP ; after MMX: executes F0 0F C7 C8 5. HCF - Halt and Catch Fire / 6. EPI - Execute Programmer 7. DPC - Decrease PC" Chaos Master wrote: > Hello people. > > I will be getting a new printer soon, and since everything is going to > USB , and I still use MS-DOS applications, I have a question: > > Is it possible to use an USB printer under a MS-DOS window under > Windows 98? > > []s TTBOMK, no, that's why I still have my trusty Epson SC900 for DOS printing. -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. "Chaos Master" <e-mail@is.INVALID> wrote in message news:MPG.1c4030b978d49454989835@130.133.1.4... > Is it possible to use an USB printer under a MS-DOS window under Windows > 98? MS-DOS cannot recognize USB ports. In theory the MS-DOS OS could be rewritten in order to recognize USB ports, but Wi...

Tutorial; Accessing MS SQL Database using C++!
hey! Im looking for a db tutoral which covers accessing a Microsoft SQL database on windows. I will be using VC++ if it matters. NO details just a basic introduction! Oracle DB access using C++ is also of interest! Thanks! -- Majk majk <msa_pub@softhome.net> wrote in message news:<BB7F5CCB.6D61%msa_pub@softhome.net>... > hey! > > Im looking for a db tutoral which covers accessing a Microsoft SQL database > on windows. I will be using VC++ if it matters. NO details just a basic > introduction! > > Oracle DB access using C++ is also of interest! > >...

How to send a text file to default printer using win32?
Hi there, Can someone show me how I can send a text file to the windows default printer (local or network printer) using the win32 APIs? Optionally, if I have a specific (non-default) printer that I would like to send this text file to, how would I do so? This implementation is for Windows 2000 and XP. Thanks in advance. Kenny "Kenny Cheung" <kcheung@best.com> wrote in message news:PJu%b.66069$vn.191136@sea-read.news.verio.net... > Hi there, > > Can someone show me how I can send a text file to the windows default > printer (local or netwo...

please, tell me how t use Printer Port in Matlab
Hello,master... I have a project in my University. In my project, i have to read the signal from Altera kit to my computer. Because it is required as fast as possible, i intend to use parallel port in Matlab. Can you give me some documents and source code(if possible) about reading signal in Matlab using printer port. Thank you very much. Hi, if you want to read the parallel port in Matlab, you have to use the DataAquisitionToolbox. Look at the 'digitalio(parallel,...)' function. But be aware: some of the parallel inputs are inverted, depending an the configuration in your BIOS. ...

Query name of default printer using Win32-API?
Hi, can someone tell me how I can query the name of the default printer using simple API-calls? It show work on Win98, W2k and XP. Thanks a lot, Gerd >can someone tell me how I can query the name of the default printer >using simple API-calls? > >It show work on Win98, W2k and XP. Gerd, See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q246772 Dave "Gerd" <GerdM.O@t-online.de> wrote in message news:1151050978.571732.50170@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > can someone tell me how I can query the na...

ATTAC "On the Fly printing" printing to default printer regardless of printer choice in dialog box.
Our application has used this PrintersClass module for some time without a problem but some new Toughbooks have caused problems. We use laser printers, usually the default choice, and some label printers. The label printers use the Seagull Scientific print drivers. The new notebooks will not print to the selected label printers even though the default printer for the report comes up in the dialog box as the selected printer. Even if you redundantly select this label printer again, before selecting print, you get the label printed to the user profile's default printer instead of the selected label printer. The drivers for the label printers are in the user profile and this class module functions fine on other systems. The form USYS_PRINTDLG is contained in the current database. We use a specific printer in this report page setup because the layout for the labels is so different than for any other reports in the application. I've stepped through the code and somewhere the UseDefaultPrinter variable is getting set to true. Any suggestions will be appreciated. ...

Who to use the printer
1) I need to print some documents to any printer. 2) if possible make a print preview in tk. Is there any way to do it? What modules to look? Thanks MArcos -++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**== This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list server. If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the message body of "unsubscribe ptk" to majordomo@lists.stanford.edu ...

Web resources about - using the printer object, how do I tell what my default printer is - comp.databases.ms-access

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

How is this top-notch wireless printer, scanner, copier and fax machine just $80?
... team so you know exactly where to look. We've got a bunch of great deals for you to check out today, and this bargain on the Brother Printer ...

Here's how to trick a fingerprint scanner in just 15 minutes with nothing but a printer and some fancy ...
It's possible to trick a smartphone's fingerprint scanner with just 15 minutes, a regular inkjet printer, and some special ink. Researchers ...