Visual Source Safe and MS Access

Can we use Visual Source Safe to keep MS Access files?
What are the pros and cons.
Any refernces and links on that topic.

Thanks, Eugene
0
ygorelik20 (10)

Eugene wrote:
> Can we use Visual Source Safe to keep MS Access files?
> What are the pros and cons.
> Any refernces and links on that topic.
>
> Thanks, Eugene

Yes you can, if you have Office Developer edition.

Pros:
* Absolutely necessary if you have multiple developers working on the
same Access application at one time.
* If you are the only developer, it may be too much effort. I don't
use SourceSafe, but instead rely on the Multi-code Import and Export
add-ins.

Cons:
* Clunky - you have to re-checkin all files after each application
build
* Cryptic - good documentation is hard to find.