Warning when opening and Access 2000 file in Access 2003

Hi All,
We are moving to Access 2003 in a month or so, so i started testing my
data base files in v2003. When The mdb open I get 3 warning messagase
about blocking unsafe expressions.

Security Warning Unsafe excpressions are not blocked. Do you want to?
Yes/No

Security Warning Unsafe expressions are not blocked. You must have MS
jet 4.0 Service pack 8 must be installed to block unsafe expressions. Do
you want to open this file Yes/no

This file may not be safe do you want to open it Yes/No

I installed the Jet service pack and still get the warnings. What must I
do to get rid of them?

Thanks!

Kathy

kathy7577 (7)

Set the security level to low or this will plague you forever

dixie

"kathyk" <kathy@meercat.com> wrote in message news:41c0b1b0$1_1@127.0.0.1...

> Hi All,
> We are moving to Access 2003 in a month or so, so i started testing my
> data base files in v2003. When The mdb open I get 3 warning messagase
> about blocking unsafe expressions.
>
> Security Warning Unsafe excpressions are not blocked. Do you want to?
> Yes/No
>
> Security Warning Unsafe expressions are not blocked. You must have MS
> jet 4.0 Service pack 8 must be installed to block unsafe expressions. Do
> you want to open this file Yes/no
>
> This file may not be safe do you want to open it Yes/No
>
> I installed the Jet service pack and still get the warnings. What must I
> do to get rid of them?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kathy

dixie1846 (209)
12/15/2004 10:16:22 PM
dixie wrote:
> Set the security level to low or this will plague you forever
>
> dixie

Unless of course you purchase a certificate to sign all your databases
with... yeah right :)

Bradley

0
stop6423 (14)

Access 2000 files with Access 2003
Hello, I have an Access 2000 database that I copied to a new computer with Access 2003. Access 2003 says the file is in Access 2000 file format. I made some changes to the Access 2000 file code on the computer with Access 2003, and compiled. I copied the file back to the Access 2000 machine and the file runs, but the code is unviewable. Any ideas on why this happens? Mike G. Access 2003 can work with Access 2000 files, but it uses a different binary (compiled format). If you then go back to Access 2000, it is supposed to just recompile and keep going. Unfortunately this does no...

Function to Prevent Open MDB via Access File Menu (Access 2000 AND Access 2002
Hello Does anyone know where I can obtain a function to test whetber my front-end is open via the provided icon vs. the Access 2000/2002 file menu? I want to test the open.mdb and if opened via the Access file menu prevent opening the mdb. I know I saw something way back on such a function or test on startup in this group.. THank you. -D What are you trying to accomplish? There's probably some other way to go about this... D Kanagh wrote: > Hello > > Does anyone know where I can obtain a function to test whetber my front-end > is open via the provided icon vs. the Acce...

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Cal...

View Access 2003 database in Access 2000
How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? rahulghai12@gmail.com wrote: > How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? > look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HP051863711033.aspx ...

No access to .dbf files in access 97 after installing access 2003
Hello, I need to maintain an access97 database that is linked to dbf's, but after having installed access 2003, when I try to link a .dbf file to an access97 database, I only have access and odbc when the dialog box to choose the external table comes up. I tried going to control panel and change my office 97 setup. When I go to the data access option, dbf is grayed out with a checkmark in it and it states that dbf access is already installed. Yet, I don't have access to that option when trying to link my dbf table to the access97 database. Any way to get that option back on? Than...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and sc...

Problem Opening Access 2000 Db with Access 2003
Hi, I have a database that's been developed in Access 2000. On clicking the database icon, the datbase moves straight to a switchboard. For coding I press the shift button while starting the database. This works fine at my workplace where I'm using Office 2000. However, on trying to open the same database at home (where I have Office 2003) I first get some error about Jet drivers not being installed (I pretty much get these errors with any Access database I've made in older versions of Access). However, after passing that screen the database opens only with the switchboard. Is m...

I have a Database that I am trying to run on a new vista computer. Up to now I was running it on a win 98 computer and using access 2003! I installed access 2003 and I can make it run and view the data but I can not save any new records. Has any one seen this problem yet? Thanks Clarence Wollman On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:17:13 -0700, cwoll <clarencewollman@gmail.com> wrote: Do you have the same problem with the Northwind sample application? (search your computer for northwind.mdb) -Tom. >I have a Database that I am trying to run on a new vista computer. Up >to now I was running...

Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010
How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010 file format? According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print options only. How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display? My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security Warning: Soam...

Opening Access 2002 mde Files In Access 2003
Will Access 2003 open Access 2002 mde files or will it only open mde files that are created with Access 2003? Thanks in advance. Acces 2003 can use mde files created in A2002 or A2000. You cannot create A2000 mde files through the interface in A2003. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Wayne Aprato" <cqdigital@volcanomail.com> wrote in message news:4d9a5a66.0402171927.45638408@posting.google.com... > Will Access 2003 open Access 200...

Is it possible to open an Access 2007 accdb database in Access 2003?
I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Robert Hi, Robert. >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way >I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Sorry. "Unrecognized database format." ACCDB's require Access 2007. HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials. Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com http://www.Access.QBuilt.c...

Access 2003 database will not open using Access 2002
Hi everyone. I am trying to open a database which works fine using Access 2003, but when trying to open it on another PC that has Access 2002 I get the following error "This database is unrecognised file format, it may have been created with a later version of Access, upgrade to a later version..." Could anyone please help to resolve this issue. Many thanks. Joe. Use Access 2003 to decompile the database. To decompile, create a copy, and enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Accessing Access

Accessing access
Can anyone help me please? This has been driving me nuts for ages. I want to use vb 6.0 to control data in a database (an access database). I've looked at tutorial all over the net but I don't want to use a data grid or anything like that because I want to control the database, not see it. So far, from one tutorial I've managed to get something on the lines of this ****************************************** dim db as Database Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\BT.mdb") dim rspeople as recordset set rspeople = db.openrecordset("people") ******************************************* So what I'm basically trying to do open a database and then set a recordset to it so i can start manipulating data. The actual code is a bit more indepth than this, but this is basically the first few lines run. The program stops on the bit where I set the recordset. I've stepped through the code and the db has definately been opened and there is definately a table in the actual database, but I'm told there is a type mismatch when it gets to the recordset bit. any ideas? it really is driving me nuts, any help is appreciated, Ste SteveMc wrote: > Can anyone help me please? This has been driving me nuts for ages. <snip> > ****************************************** > dim db as Database > Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\BT.mdb") > > dim rspeople as recordset > set rspeople = db.openrecordse...

access to Access
I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that would be a show stipper for us. Thanks for any insight, dave In article <1187719558.603002.257260@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Dave <davegp2@msn.com> wrote: > I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect > to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that > would be a show stipper for us. I've never tried it, but I think you should be able to access Access via ...

Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error o...

Problems Opening Access 2003 mde Files In Access 2002
I have several Access 2003 mde databases. When I try to open them in Access 2002 I get the following error: "The Visual Basic for Applications project in the database is corrupt." Interestingly I can open the mdb files of the same 2003 databases in Access 2002 without problems. To my understanding the file formats of 2002 and 2003 are the same and this problem shouldn't exist. And why is it only the mde files that are giving the problem? Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Any help would be appreciated. I thought that Access 2003 could only create MDE files if the MDB was...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

Why you can't open Access 2003 db with Access 2000
Hello Access gurus, I am curious as to why you can't open an Access 2003 Db with Access 2000. We have a Visual Basic application which is using DAO 3.6 to connect to the Access database. It IS able to open an 2000 and 2003 Db because they are all in Jet 4 database format, I assume. But when trying to open an Access 2003 Db from Access 2000 you get the 'Unrecognized database' Error. Aren't they the same database structure and the only difference is within the Access program?? Thanks for your help in advance. plau011@hotmail.com wrote: > Hello Access gurus, > I am curio...

Create database in Access 2003 gets Access 2000 formatted DB
I just purchased a new PC that came with MS Office 2003 (Professional Ed.). I opened MS Access 2003 and created a new database but it opened with a "note in the window header bar" that says "Access 2000 File Format". 1. Why did this happen? 2. Should I delete this database and start again? 3. I am not exactly sure what level of software the end user will be at (I am creating this database for use by someone else), but I have been assured that they have MS Access. Did I do something wrong here? Suggestions, please. Thanks, much. Sueb *** Sent via Developersdex http://...

Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error o...

Access 2003 macros in Access 2000
Hey, I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access 2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run any of the macros. Is there anything can be done here except installing Access 2003? Your help will be very appreciated! San wrote: > Hey, > > I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access > 2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database > on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run > an...

Access 2000 upgrade to Access 2003
Hi There I have a client, with whom I have done some work on their Access 2000 database. They have upgraded to Access 2003 and want to be able to use it instead. Would there be any foreseeable problems with doing this? Is there anything that I should watch out for? If we do upgrade both the front and back ends, will all computers have to run A2003 or can A2000 still access the data in the backend that's in A2003 format. Any help with this question would be appreciated. TIA Stephen At least in Access 2002, (I'm pretty sure) it can open A2000 db's without having to convert the...

Web resources about - Warning when opening and Access 2000 file in Access 2003 - comp.databases.ms-access

Ballistic Missile Early Warning System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Site I- A United States Air Force facility at Thule Air Base , Greenland , ( 76°34′08″N 68°19′05″W  /  76.569°N 68.318°W  / 76.569; -68.318 ...

WARNING: Zeus Trojan Using Facebook Login Pages As Bait To Target Credit-Card Info
The Zeus Trojan is on the prowl again, hungry for credit-card information and other personal data, and Facebook is being used as the bait. continued… ...

Cyber Safety Warning
Cyber Safety Solutions representative Susan McLean warns those who share or open a Google Drive folder circulating online which contains explicit ...

Darwin mum’s whooping cough warning
A YOUNG Darwin mum whose baby contracted whooping cough two years ago has urged other parents to get their children immunised as the country ...

Photo of son dying in parents' arms latest warning of dangers of meningitis
Photographs of the formerly fit and healthy Mason Timmins are the latest in a harrowing series of images intended to educate of the dangers of ...

Should clean myki record earn you a warning instead of a fine?
Always been a good myki user? Should you be entitled to a warning instead of a fine if you forget your card one day or not have enough credit? ...

Should clean myki record earn you a warning instead of a fine?
Always been a good myki user? Should you be entitled to a warning instead of a fine if you forget your card one day or not have enough credit? ...

Warning downgraded for Collie bushfire in WA's South West
A bushfire warning in the WA coal town of Collie is downgraded to an advice.

Warning: Comodo Antivirus included insecure remote tech support tool
A researcher from Google Project Zero discovered a serious security issue with the technical support tools supplied with Comodo software products. ...

Clinton Strong in South Carolina But Warning Signs Ahead, Bloomberg Poll Shows
Hillary Clinton holds a commanding lead over Bernie Sanders in South Carolina thanks to a 3-to-1 advantage among African-American voters, according ...