Web page type front page of an access form

Hi all,

It's a novice question and hopefully someone could help me out.  I've
designed an access form for entering patient information.  Right now
it needs to be modified in the way that the form users will first be
shown a webpage-type front page that prompts the user to 1) enter new
patient information 2) search patient with keywords or id, before
accessing/modifying the actual database.

Can anyone shed some lights on how to do so?  I've searched the web
and it shows something as ASP but I am not sure if that's useful.
Thanks!!!!!

Kl

make1circle@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It's a novice question and hopefully someone could help me out.  I've
> designed an access form for entering patient information.  Right now
> it needs to be modified in the way that the form users will first be
> shown a webpage-type front page that prompts the user to 1) enter new
> patient information 2) search patient with keywords or id, before
> accessing/modifying the actual database.
>
> Can anyone shed some lights on how to do so?  I've searched the web
> and it shows something as ASP but I am not sure if that's useful.
> Thanks!!!!!
>
> Kl

If you are using a web page use a web page.

If you are using Access use a form.

Create a new form.  Since you aren't using a table, simply click
New/DesignView.  Using the toolbox, drop your requisite textboxes. combo
boxes, and whatever.  Do you know how to code in VBA?  If you can't you
have some work ahead of you.  If you can, look at the code examples for
FindFirst and OpenForm.  In a code window, enter FindFirst, highlite it,
and press F1.

For further code examples goto
	http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&
and in the group box enter
	*Access*
and search for Opening new forms and finding records and whatever else
you think you want to do.
0
oil (4047)

ms access data access pages
hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables on the data page in tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. plz rep...

MS Access Web Page with pictures?
I'm trying to create a catalog through Access that can be posted on-line. I have set it all up, but in designing the "access page" I cannot get the OLE objects (pictures of the products) to appear. It only allows me to insert pictures from files, in which case the picture doesn't change with the record. If I try to add the OLE object as a control in design view it gives me an error message.... help! ...

How to access the reference page (the Page that sent the user to the current page)?
Can someone tell me how to access which page url sent the user to the current page? I don't know the technical term, and would appreciate any input on this. I guess it would be something similar (but not limited to) displaying the page that would be returned to if with javascript's history.back(). Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments. -- L. James ----------------------- L. D. James ljames@apollo3.com www.apollo3.com/~ljames -- PLEASE NOTE: comp.infos...

Access database and web pages , nubie problem!
Hi to all. I am pretty new to using Access and am having a problem I hope someone can help me with. I want to access a MS-Access database from a web page. I have managed to get it "sort" of working using MS-Access's 'data access page' function as it were. This creates a web page that is linked to a database table. The problem that I have is that if data in the dbase is changed, it does not immediately reflect on the web page , you have to refresh the web page. I don't have any sort of web site that this web page is on , I just want to run it of my machine at the momen...

Access and web page front end. Help required
Help I have an Access database that can be accessed by several users within the company that I work for, each user has a link on their desktop to the database which works fine. Since we have a web intranet I was wondering if I could create a web based front end to the database but I don't know how to start. Does Access 97 support web front ends? How do I create a web front end for an existing database? Where do I ned to look for help? Hopefully tom ...

Using an Access 2000 database backend to drive a web page
I have a table in an Access 2000 database and a web page. I want to use various pieces of data from this table to drive certain areas of the website, but I do not know how to do this. For example, say my table contains info about authors and books and I have a web page where I want to display all the authors and their books, using the data in the table. How might I go about doing this? Is there a book to read for this? Thanks. On 20 Mar 2006 13:12:56 -0800, tomguy04@yahoo.com wrote: >I have a table in an Access 2000 database and a web page. > >I want to use various pieces of da...

Accessing a web page
Hi there, I would like to know how one can use TcL to submit a searchword to Google and then retrieve the results returned by Google. Anyone with some code to look at that does this type of job. Silver Ssentale schrieb: > Hi there, > I would like to know how one can use TcL to submit a searchword to > Google and then retrieve the results returned by Google. > > Anyone with some code to look at that does this type of job. > Best way is to use the Google Webservice API with either TclSOAP or Gerald Lesters webservices package. See http://wiki.tcl.tk/8322 for an example using TclSOAP You can also screen scrape the basic html with http and the tcllib htmlparse package, but thats not nice. Michael Ssentale wrote: > Hi there, > I would like to know how one can use TcL to submit a searchword to > Google and then retrieve the results returned by Google. > > Anyone with some code to look at that does this type of job. > > Silver > The easiest IMHO is to use Gerald Lester's Web Services for Tcl [1]; it boils down to just a couple lines of code to make the query. For example: package require WS::Client set result [::WS::Client::DoCall GoogleSearchService \ doGoogleSearch { key {your google API key here} q {search string} start 0 maxResults 1 filter true restrict {} safeSearch false lr {} ie latin1 oe latin1 } Et Voil�! the results are in $result w...

Web Page access
Is there a way to retrieve information from a Web Page that has not published Web Services (Wsdl) into a C Language program? I would like to programmatically connect to a web page that provides information via a form submittal from a browser. kc On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 19:20:46 GMT, <KosayaC@netscape.net> wrote: > Is there a way to retrieve information from a Web Page that has not published Web > Services (Wsdl) into a C Language program? > > I would like to programmatically connect to a web page that provides information > via a form submittal from a browse...

MS Access Create form / report with multiple pages using different background images
MS Access Create form / report with multiple pages using different background images Hi, Would like to have users fill out a multipage form, and then click a print button, which pulls up the info just entered for a particular record and print out multiple pages of forms, each page having a different image as background. 1) Anyone know how to make a form with multiple pages that different images as background? 2) Anyone know a way to create a multipage report where each page has a different background image (but the data across all of the pages come from the same record)? Thanks, George ...

restrict page access to one referring page
I'm looking for a way to prevent access to a web page except from a particular referring page. What I am trying to do is prevent access to a download page for anyone who has not successfully completed an online quiz. Any ideas on how to this in php (using Drupal) would be most appreciated. Thanks. Tom Message-ID: <71c7012d-449e-4344-9a85-8ba03506448a@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com> from tomrue contained the following: >What I am trying to do is prevent access to a download page for anyone >who has not successfully completed an online quiz. > >Any ideas on how to this in php (using Drupal) would be most >appreciated. Sessions or cookies. -- Geoff Berrow 0110001001101100010000000110 001101101011011001000110111101100111001011 100110001101101111001011100111010101101011 Using Drupal 6.x, I believe either sessions or cookies would work, but I am not sure. On Jun 30, 3:46 pm, Geoff Berrow <blthe...@ckdog.co.uk> wrote: > Message-ID: > <71c7012d-449e-4344-9a85-8ba035064...@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com> from > tomrue contained the following: > > >What I am trying to do is prevent access to a download page for anyone > >who has not successfully completed an online quiz. > > >Any ideas on how to this in php (using Drupal) would be most > >appreciated. > > Sessions or cookies. > > -- > Geoff Berrow 0110001001101100010000000110 > 001101101011011001000110111101100111001011 > 1001...

Accessing my home web page`
Hello, I'm new to this, so please be kind... :) This is probably a very simple question/answer. I'm trying to learn about setting up Web Pages, so I have java and tomcat installed on my home PC. When I run tomcat, and type in: http://4.142.222.225:8080\jsp-examples\cal\login.html via my local PC, I am able to see the login.html web page. I get the 4.142.222.225 by typing in ipconfig. Similarly if I type in: http://localhost:8080\jsp-examples\cal\login.html In other words, everything is fine if I try to access this Web Page from my home PC. When I keep the Web Server running, ...

web page access problem
I am having a problem with accessing some web pages on my Linux box (mandrake 10.0). The problem is that I cannot get some web pages to load at all. for example www.ebay.com.au loads fine, but computers.ebay.com.au just times out with "the document contains no data". If I boot into windows on the same machine, I don't have any problem at all. Even if I run windows using VM ware there is no problem with loading pages that fail under linux. This problem affects all browsers, and I have played around with different MTS's etc, but with no joy. No amount of searching google groups etc. has turned up any solution. Note that I have had this problem with other distributions over the years, so it's not just this installation, or kernel version. It's worth taking into account that I access the internet through a dialup modem, which is connected to an Argus "internet access server", which allows the connection to be shared over my LAN. Although this may contribute to the problem, I use the same route to access the internet with windows, and all pages load properly. The internet access server does not have any configuration options that I can use to solve the problem. Any help at all would be most appreciated. thanks, Chris Chris Lee wrote: > I am having a problem with accessing some web pages on my Linux box > (mandrake 10.0). The problem is that I cannot get some web pages to load > at all. for example www.ebay.com.au l...

Accessing web page parameters

Access Application on a web page
Is there any technology out there that will let me "publish" my Access app, so that a user using their web browser can open my application and run it from within the browser? something like what a citrix can do, but i don't want to get involed in CAL's and so forth and if not, what tool would i use to create the most robust forms (that work w/ a SQL db) for a web page...asp.net? thanks, Paul PaulMac wrote: > Is there any technology out there that will let me "publish" my Access > app, so that a user using their web browser can open my application > and ...

Web pages access help
I have a red hat 9 system with apache 2.x loaded and a php based photo album also loaded. I can view and browse my web pages locally, but I cannot access them from an outside computer. I have the linux machine hooked up to a windows 2k network and I have good connectivity between the two computers. What do I need to set up in the linux box that will allow me to see my web pages from another computer?? or is there something that needs to be done in the windows side?? any help would be greatly appreciated. "yvqkck" <fernand2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8ecddcd.0311031349.1fbdfa27@posting.google.com... > I have a red hat 9 system with apache 2.x loaded and a php based photo > album also loaded. I can view and browse my web pages locally, but I > cannot access them from an outside computer. I have the linux machine > hooked up to a windows 2k network and I have good connectivity between > the two computers. > What do I need to set up in the linux box that will allow me to see my > web pages from another computer?? or is there something that needs to > be done in the windows side?? any help would be greatly appreciated. Some questions: Please define "hooked up to a windows 2k network". Are you running a firewall/iptables on the Linux system? When you access your website "locally" are you using http://localhost or http://some ip address ? Can your windows machine(s) ping the linux box? At this point the problem c...

How to access Page Table from Page Directory Entry...? #2
Hi ... How to access page table corresponding to a given Page Directory Entry? The issue is that Page Directory Entry specifies the Physical address of the base of Page Table whereas a program running in protected mode can use only linear/virtual address. Thanks. > How to access page table corresponding to a given Page Directory = Entry?=20 Pagetable access for 3rd party code is not supported in Windows at all. = Only the MM itself can do this. --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com ...

Access 2002, IE 7, and Data Access Pages
I've upgraded to IE7, and using Access 2002 SP3. I can no longer view DAPs without IE crashing. A coworker had IE7 and the same issue. He reverted back to IE6 and no problems. Has anyone experienced this, or does anyone have an idea what I shoudl be looking at? aabean@hotmail.com wrote: > I've upgraded to IE7, and using Access 2002 SP3. I can no longer view > DAPs without IE crashing. A coworker had IE7 and the same issue. He > reverted back to IE6 and no problems. > > Has anyone experienced this, or does anyone have an idea what I shoudl > be looking at? I...

ACCESS accessibility from a C++ process launched from an ACCESS form
Here is my problem. From an ACCESS form, I run a C++ process reaching the same database in read/write mode via the ODBC driver. An error occurs: " The database has been placed by an unknown user in a state preventing it from being opened either locked. SQLSetConnectAttr failure of the pilot " (Nota : translated approximatively from the french error message). However, if I have used an another form before (eg. to modify a table), or if I have modified myself a record of any table, there is no problem. It seems that the database is in a state " read-only " by default until th...

Web resources about - Web page type front page of an access form - comp.databases.ms-access

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement
Facebook launched conversion lift measurement in January 2015 with the goal of helping advertisers track conversions instead of clicks, and the ...

Planet OS Opens Access To Weather Data
... for software developers using weather data to power their apps, researchers and climate specialists enabling them to discover, access and build ...

Access your clipboard from any PC or Mac with 1Clipboard
1Clipboard is a free tool which enables sharing your clipboard contents with other PCs or Macs. The developer says that Android and iOS apps ...

Sci-Hub — Free access to every scientific paper ever published
Say what? How is it I only heard of this this week? Long story headlined "Should All Research Papers Be Free?" from the New York Times short: ...

Clerk rescinds ban on journalists' access to court motions
MANASSAS, Va. (AP) — A clerk's office in Virginia has ended a five-year policy of denying journalists access to any legal motions filed in the ...

MIT, Harvard researchers push new way for users to control access to personal data
Cryptography researchers at MIT and Harvard have developed software called Sieve that is designed to help users keep track of encrypted personal ...

How to access Google Drive files faster with Launch Center Pro
... Launch Center Pro has solved many workflow problems for me over the years. Most recently it’s been an immense time-saver when it comes to accessing ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
... a copy of Cal’s investigation into the matter, and even Hufnagel’s own statements make it appear that he attempted to trade sex for access, ...

Paragon's early access starts now, no more progress wipes
Paragon is gearing up for launch in the future, but for now, Epic is keen on putting it into an Early Access phase. The good news is that there ...