When I tab on the lower portion of a form, the form scrolls up

I have a form that is longer than the screen height.  If I am positioned
on the form, where I have had to scroll down a bit.  When I press tab
the form scrolls up so that the current location of the cursor is not
visible.  If I manually use the scroll bar to position so I can see the
cursor and press tab again, it again scrolls up to almost the top of the
form.

why??

Bob
0
bobalston9 (397)

Bob Alston wrote:
> I have a form that is longer than the screen height.  If I am positioned
> on the form, where I have had to scroll down a bit.  When I press tab
> the form scrolls up so that the current location of the cursor is not
> visible.  If I manually use the scroll bar to position so I can see the
> cursor and press tab again, it again scrolls up to almost the top of the
> form.
>
> why??
>
> Bob
This happens only when there is a subform

It happens only when tabbing between checkboxes.
If I tab between text boxes, no incorrect scrolling occurs.

the problem is that if the screen has already scrolled down
to display the checkbox, when I click on the tab key to move to the next
checkbox, the screen scrolls up almost to the top of the page.
If I manually scroll down, the cursor is at the proper check box.

If I press tab key again, the screen again scrolls up but the cursor
moves to the correct checkbox - it is just that I can no longer see this.

I was able to reproduce this in a small form.  The tabbing without
scrolling worked fine on a single form.  When I embedded the same form
into another, the problem "unwanted scrolling" resulted.

Help!!
0
bobalston9 (397)

Forms and Form
Hi everyone ! 1) An example from help: "Each Form object has a Controls collection, which contains all controls on the form. You can refer to a control on a form either by implicitly or explicitly referring to the Controls collection. Your code will be faster if you refer to the Controls collection implicitly. The following examples show two of the ways you might refer to a control named NewData on the form called OrderForm: ' Implicit reference. Forms!OrderForm!NewData ' Explicit reference. Forms!OrderForm.Controls!NewData The next two examples show how you might refer to a ...

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to ent...

Form size question with Access forms, remote desktop, and MS Surface Pro
Hi, I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it off the cloud. Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the people that are hosting our software can do. -paulw On Monday, 29 February 2016 17:30:11 UTC, PW wrote: > Hi, > > I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: > > We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When > we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from > an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are > so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the > cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it > off the cloud. > > Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the > people that are hosting our software can do. > > -paulw It will cost you, but have a look at a program called "ShrinkerStrether from Peter's Software (http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm) This should shrink or stretch forms and all their controls to match the scr...

form access to form excel
Hello, How may I pass in VBA a value from a control in a access 2003 form to a control in a excel 2003 form ? I try this but it does'nt run: (oApp=word.application) oApp.Forms("saisie").tbnom.Value = Form_Form1.tbnom.Value & " " & Form_Form1.tbprenom.Value Thanks. ...

Hiding Access Main Form/tables/queries/forms/etc
Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms etc programmatically? Michael On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com> wrote: >Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. > >Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms >etc programmatically? > Yes. Take a look here for some API code that will manipulate the Access window. http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm - Jim Another way, with probably less control than the...

Access Form --> Hyperlink to Excel --> Return to Original Access Form ?
I have an Access 2000 form that has a Hyperlink that opens an Excel 2000 worksheet located in the same network folder as the Access MDB. The Hyperlink works great. When users close the Excel File, they must choose the correct open Access form on the Windows Desktop Taskbar to return to the Access form that had the Hyperlink. Is there a way to: 1. Open the Access Form 2. Launch the Hyperlink to the Excel Workbook 3. Exit Excel, then 4. Return to the original Access form automatically - without clicking anything (such as the the TaskBar) I just need help with #4. Or, is there a better ...

Forms question
Hi folks, I'm new here and am a neophyte Access 2000 user/developer. A year ago, I barely knew what Access was. I was asked by the people that pay us to begin keeping certain data about the children's crisis program I manage. After a couple of years doing this by hand on paper (Yikes!), I decided that this was ridiculous. Out of neccessity, I had to learn Access and develop a database to track clients and services. So what I know, I've learned from places like this and from the many text books I've picked up. I developed the database and entered almost 3 years of data. We av...

HTML form to MS Access?
Hi, I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I think may be a problem. Can someone show me how to take the info from the form and export it to MS Access? Thanks, Jason Jason Miles wrote: > Hi, > > I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data > from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I > think may be a problem. > > Can someone show me how to take the info from the form and export it to MS >...

help with MS Access forms
[copied from a prior question] Hello, I'm working on an application and one of the forms is an option group with radio buttons set to Yes and No. When you click on one of those buttons, the table is properly updated. However, I am not seeing the visual representation that one of the buttons has been selected, i.e. the little black dot does not appear. I'm sure there is a simple solution for this but I am unaware of what it is. Also, what would be the most efficient way to create multiple-page forms [other than the use of tabs] ? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Q1 ...

MS Access Forms problem
Hi everyone! I have a forms problem. Bakground: I have created a number of tables. Of these, I have a main parent table (Personal Details) and a number of other child tables (Tax file No., VISA card no.), etc...... All tables have a primary key of "Name", all child tables forming foreign key references with the parent table 'Personal Details'. I have established referential integrity will all relationships. All relationships are 1-to-1. To solve my problem, I have tried making the relationships 1-to-many (ie., the 2nd option in the "Link Type" option of the Relat...

Query By Form Using Same Sub Form and Main Form
Having problems displaying query results from combo boxes on a sub form, which is on the same form that is used to select criteria. This has always worked form me when displaying query results on another main and sub form. The requery on the sub form and refresh comands on the main form do not work when the form is first displayed and when the selection criteria is changed. Should I be doing a refresh and then repaint of the sub form. > ' Creates saved query in the database container for the sub form Call BuildSql("") ' The following commented line correctly displays query results on a seperate sub form that has the results from the criteria selected on the form currently in use. 'Docmd.OpenForm "MainFormSeachResults ' The following two lines attempt to display the results on a sub form which is on the same form where the criteria is selected: Me.frmSubFormResults.Requery Me.Refresh < Hi Tom, I often use an unbound main form to collect criteria, then show the results in a datasheet-style subform. I create the SQL string using code, and then use that string as the Recordsource for the subform directly (no need to save it as as query in the the database container) As an added bonus, the subform refreshes automatically ... no need to "Refresh" or "Repaint" anything. Here's some sample code to illustrate: - lstFieldNames is a listbox containing field names ... which is one of the choices in the listbox&#...

first form is ignored, second form is forms[0] why?
Does anyone recognize this situation and know what causes it ? The page starts with just a search form. When you do a search the page now has a search results form, a save botton, and the search form at the bottom. There is also a link to add another form with a dropdown. If you add the third form the page has the search results form, the form with the dropdown and the search form, in that order. The save button is set to submit the search results, which is always forms[0]. If the page has all 3 forms, it works fine. The first form is submitted,and it is the correct form. If however, the ...

Form
I have a table TBL_NAMES : IDNAME , Name_person , ETC..... (15 different labels) I have a second table TBL_POINTS : IDPOINTS , LINKNAME_PERSON , POINTS_ALGEBRA , POINTS_GYM , etc.... (25 courses) I have made a form where all the names are listed and when i click on a name another form is opened with that persons name on top and a number of labels and textboxes where i put those points in. So far no problem. BUT... i want one record per person. So the next time i click on his name i would like to see those points and be able to change them but i must not be able to create a new record. T...

html form to MS Access?
Hi, I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I think may be a problem. Can someone show me how to take the info from the form and export it to MS Access? Thanks, Jason Jason Miles wrote: > Hi, > > I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data > from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I > think may be a problem. > That is a problem. Get your CGI script to strip out commas from any fields. Eithe...

Form layout question: How move controls in a Form to (in) a Tab Control?
Hi, I created a form with a lot of controls on it. (textboxes, pulldown's etc.) Because the form is a little full I want to move the controls to different pages on a tab control. HOW can one do this?. If I drag them the tab control is not 'activated' if the mouse pointer is above the tab control. (if one creates a new textbox and place it on the tab control this tab control page turns black to show it's activated) This does not work while dragging??! Thanks in advance, Eddie Smit Holland. (The Netherlands) >Because the form is a little full I want to move the >control...

Setting Form's tab order to cycle through form again
How do I set the tab order to cycle through the form again from the beginning, rather than moving on to opening a new blank record. -- Thank you from Gina G Gina G wrote: > > How do I set the tab order to cycle through the form again from the > beginning, rather than moving on to opening a new blank record. > Under the Other tab in the property sheet change the Cycle property to CurrentRecord. Yep! That one's bitten me a time or 2. Wish the default was 'Current Record'. "Salad" <oil@vinegar.com> wrote in message news:OeydnTmx4LnhQI3UnZ2dnUVZ_gadnZ2d@earthlink.com... > Gina G wrote: > >> >> How do I set the tab order to cycle through the form again from the >> beginning, rather than moving on to opening a new blank record. >> > Under the Other tab in the property sheet change the Cycle property to > CurrentRecord. ...

Dynamic formatting on Ms Access Form
Hi everybody, I have 2 Forms (Form A with a button Button_A and Form B with a button Button_B) When the user click on Button_A or Button_B, it will open the same Form C with some slightly different controls (ex: Buttons and Textbox) What is the code to allow dynamic formatting of Form C based on whether the user click on Button_A or Button_B (coming from Form A or Form B) Thank you for your help. Antony nguyen.antoine@gmail.com wrote: >I have 2 Forms (Form A with a button Button_A and Form B with a button >Button_B) >When the user click on Button_A or Button_B, it will open the same Form >C with some slightly different controls (ex: Buttons and Textbox) > >What is the code to allow dynamic formatting of Form C based on whether >the user click on Button_A or Button_B (coming from Form A or Form B) Use the OpenForm method's OpenArgs argument to tell form C who opened it: DoCmd.OpenForm "FormC", OpenArgs:="A" Then form C can use its Open event to make control visible or invisible, set their Top and/or Left property, etc. Select Case Me.OpenArgs Case "A" Me.thistextbox. Visible = True Me.thattextbox. Visible = False Case "B" Me.thistextbox. Visible = False Me.thattextbox. Visible = True Case Else 'form was opened from someone else End Select -- Marsh ...

ms access Form query help
the code below is from ms access 97 vb. I have imported the access project into Access 2002. I am getting all kinds of errors in the code now. I am trying to run a query from a form. This is the first error i get: It has a problem with the "OpenQueryDef" in the third line below. Dim MyDB As Database, recset As Recordset Set MyDB = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) Set thequery = MyDB.OpenQueryDef("MainQuery") If anyone could help me or give some advice that would be awsome. thanks, scott Skoter: Usually it's good to give a little more detail about the ...

Access 2007 Tabbed Forms Question
This is probably simple but: when using tabbed forms in A2007, is there a simple way to prevent the user from right-clicking on a form tab and choosing "Design View" other than disabling default shortcut menus? The very simpest solution would be to create an ACCDE (or MDE) for the users. Design view will then be unavailable for all objects. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Wayne" <cqdigital@volcanomail.com> wrote in message news:1dc72e94-33fd-41c8-bd5e-1f075e94478e@s21g2000prm.googlegroups.com... > This is probably simple but: when using tabbed forms in A2007, is > there a simple way to prevent the user from right-clicking on a form > tab and choosing "Design View" other than disabling default shortcut > menus? On Jun 24, 10:35=A0pm, "Allen Browne" <AllenBro...@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote: > The very simpest solution would be to create an ACCDE (or MDE) for the > users. Design view will then be unavailable for all objects. > > -- > Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. =A0Perth, Western Australia > Tips for Access users -http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html > Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. Thanks Allen. ...

Embed MonthCalendar in an MS Access Form
Hi all, Iam trying to embed the well known Month Calendar found at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm directly into an MS Access form the same way that the ActiveX Calendar Control is embedded into the form (ie. I want the MonthCalendar to be part of the form instead of popping up in a seperate window). Thanks It was not designed nor meant to be used that way. You would be better off using an ActiveX control or an Access Form based Calendar. -- HTH Stephen Lebans http://www.lebans.com Access Code, Tips and Tricks Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit. <a...

Form Events MS Access 2000
I can't seem to figure out which of the forms event is called "AFTER" the form is displayed. I am trying to run some code after the form is displayed, not before. Any ideas? Thanks in advance... Open, Load, and Activate are the candidate events, unless you want an event that fires on each new Record displayed, which would be the Current event. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "Steven" <imfd69@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1103315567.731773.89470@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I can't seem to figure out which of the forms event is called &quo...

ms access: How do you create an about form button??
My son is trying to create an about form button for a form he has already created. Any help would be great. Thanks Open the form that will hold the button in Design View. Choose View, Toolbox to make the Toolbox available if it is not active. Make sure the Control Wizards button on the Toolbox is activated. Click once on the Command Button in the Toolbox. Click somewhere on the form that will hold the button. This will launch the Command Button Wizard. >From the Categories Pane, choose Form Operations. >From the Actions Pane, choose Open Form and click Next. The Command Button Wizard...

MS access child form validation
Hi I need help to validate a date field in the child form please. Child form : Autonumkey ID Date Visit1 10 A12 10-10-2012 V1 14 A12 13-10-2012 V2 17 A12 12-10-2012 When i enter Autonum 17, the date is earlier than the last available record (aka V2). May i know how can i program a validation rule to check that in this child form that the new record date cannot be earlier than the previous record ? For some help please. Thank you BEst Regards Jocey On 21/01/2014 08:00:57, wrote: > Hi > > I need help to validate a date field in the child form please. > > Child form : > > Autonumkey ID Date Visit1 > 10 A12 10-10-2012 V1 > > 14 A12 13-10-2012 V2 > > 17 A12 12-10-2012 > > When i enter Autonum 17, the date is earlier than the last available > record (aka V2). May i know how can i program a validation rule to check > that in this child form that the new record date cannot be earlier than > the previous record ? > > For some help please. > Thank you > BEst Regards > Jocey > Suppose the recordsource for the child form is MyQuery and the Date is called MyDate. You will also need to get the MyID from somewhere, I guess it will be on the main form DMax("MyDate", MyQuery", "ID = '&qu...

Web resources about - When I tab on the lower portion of a form, the form scrolls up - comp.databases.ms-access

Weekly Torah portion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The weekly Torah portion ( Hebrew : פָּרָשַׁת הַשָּׁבוּעַ Parashat ha-Shavua ‎, popularly just parashah or parshah or parsha and also known as ...

Elon Musk : What could Elon achieve in his lifetime if Larry Page donated a large portion of his wealth ...
Answer: Likely not much: they are about the same age and Musk wants to retire in Mars.

Bahrain portion of iRevolution on CNN June 19 2011 - YouTube
Bahrain portion of iRevolution on CNN June 19 2011

How to cut your portions without even noticing
Here are the easiest ways to slash some serious kJ out of your day, without you even noticing.

Salt and sugar levels in food and portion sizes about to change
... to tackle the nation’s obesity problem. It will mean the amount of salt and sugar in packaged foods will shrink, alongside recommended portion ...

Putting portions in proportion
... serving of your favourite foods. As more of the Western world shifts into the larger-size category, it seems we are suffering from portion distortion. ...

Province announces SE ring road, revs up for SW portion
The province believes the southeast leg of Calgary's ring road will be completed by 2013, and the long-awaited southwest portion is almost ready ...

Sleep-deprived should watch their portion sizes
... think twice before hitting the buffet line, suggest the findings of a new study that found that the sleep-deprived tend eat greater portions ...

Portion Sizes: What You Eat Vs. What You Should Be Eating
You should only be having 21 potato chips.

Deadly Crash Shuts Down Portion Of I-270
A deadly car crash shut down part of a busy west Columbus highway Sunday morning.