Why won't this work? (can't find prior posting of this problem)

I have a control on a form whose data source is:

=IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is
100%",IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please
Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please
Adjust")))

I have tried
=IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please
Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please
Adjust","Total is 100%"))

and

=IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please
Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please
Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%"))

The problem is that I never get the "Total is 100%" message, even when
it's 1.  I have tried adding the 14 values in Excel and they come to
1.00.  I have put the decimal places to 4 and 5 and it's all zeroes.

I typed the values into the table and want (ultimately) to enter them
via  a form.

Thanks
Sara

0
saraqpost (288)

=IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1;"Total is 100%";
IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1;"Total is Over 100% Please Adjust";
IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1;"Total is UNDER 100%";"Please Adjust")))

Aarrrgh!! Why won't this work? (Apologies if this is a dup post- can't find the other)
I have a control on a form whose data source is: =IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%",IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust"))) I have tried =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust","Total is 100%")) and =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%")) The problem is that I never get the "Total is 100%" message, even when it's 1. I have tried adding the 14 values in Excel and they come to 1.00. I have put the decimal places to 4 and 5 and it's all zeroes. I typed the values into the table and want (ultimately) to enter them via a form. Thanks Sara On 31 Jan 2007 15:22:50 -0800, "sara" <saraqpost@yahoo.com> wrote: Not sure, but why not as an interim step put the value of txtPercentTotal in a field, or enter an expression in the Immediate window like: ?Forms!SomeForm!txtPercentTotal That way you would know for sure what Access thinks is the current value. Then: ?(Forms!SomeForm!txtPercentTotal = 1) Which would result in True or False. If you are using Double data type, it goes to 15 decimals if I'm not mistaken. Your value could be: 1.00000000...

third program can't find why it won't work.
I am learning javascript from a book. I admit it is not the easiest or best way, but I wanted to learn and I had the books purchased from awhile back. I have some familiarity with C and HTML and wanted to expand my programming base. I have tried two of the programs in this book and they worked fine. Now on the third one I can't seem to get it to work. I know it is probably something simple but could you give it a look and steer me in the right direction? Here is the code the Script and HTML commands are commented out. I thought is was suppose to return a total value. <!--ml> <he...

Willie won't, Willie won't, won't go!
Ah yes, some 70s nostalgia tunes. ...

Help: I can't figure out why this won't work
I have a hyperlink on an ASP page that calls another ASP page with the code shown below. This page allows (forces) a user to select a file to be uploaded, then should call a third ASP page that will do the actual upload. What happens is I can enter a file name but the third page doesn't get loaded. I see the upload page being called in the browser when the alert message displays, but then it appears to reload this page. What am I missing??? I should also note that the upload page opens fine if I move the location.href command outside of the function (for testing purposes). <FORM N...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

database layouts won't print, now database won't open
using Mac OS 10.3.4, filemaker pro 7. working with a database converted from filemaker 3. Everything seemed to be fine. Created a new table and imported data into that from another Filemaker 3 database (someone else created these). Layouts were created very easilly. I go to print a layout (label) and choose ALL and it will only print one record, no matter what I put in the print dialogue box. Open other databases and they all printed fine in similar layouts. Tried to "recover' it, thinking it was somehow corrupted (the woman was having a hard time printing it. I thought it was...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

SGI Fuel won't boot, can't access PROM
I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel. I believe it is running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144. The system was working but no one knew the root password. Of course I tried getting into single user mode by typing 'single' at the PROM console which started a boot then the screen went blank and the system became nonresponsive. I tried using 2 different overlay installation CD's (can't find original OS) to boot but both appear to lock up the graphics after copying files to the harddrive (before any menus even come up). I've tried connecting a null-modem cable to COM1 from an XP PC running hyperterminal (9600 8-N-1) but have never been able to get any output to the terminal. I've tried with and without the keyboard and mouse plugged into the Fuel. In an attempt to get this working I was playing with environment variable in the PROM and may have changed something that's caused my current situation. I set the following: console=d AutoBoot=No When the Fuel is turned on, the 3 lights on the keyboard flash as normal; the LED on the case flashed white for a bit then goes solid white (normal I think); but the monitor never turns on! Usually the monitor would come on maybe 10 seconds after the flashing keyboard lights, just in time to see the graphical display prompting to enter Maintenance Mode. If I press the power button on the Fuel at this point it shuts down immediately. The last thing I did in the PROM console was run ...

4000T won't boot won't POST
I've had this problem for a while. Repair guys (no longer servicing Amiga's) said it was a problem with the motherboard not posting. (I believe this is a PC term) Said he got it working somehow by by-passing SCSI and using only IDE. But when returned it still did not work. Even with a new Power supply, nothing seems to power up. Even the floppy doesn't 'flick' (that funny noise it makes upon power-up) Any help appreciated. thanks Phil "Phil Bastien" <pbastien@nnby.net> ha scritto nel messaggio news:c9qtlu0na3@enews1.newsguy.com... > I've had this problem for a while. Repair guys (no longer servicing Amiga's) > said it was a problem with the motherboard not posting. (I believe this is a > PC term) Said he got it working somehow by by-passing SCSI and using only > IDE. But when returned it still did not work. Are you using an X-Calibur accelerator? It is incompatible with the A4091 and, with my configuration, it hangs just after loading its software, when it resets the Amiga. I am curious about how to bypass the SCSI controller in the A4000T... -- ___ __ / __|___ Daniele Gratteri, Italian Commodore-Amiga user... /// | / |__/ Nickname: FIAT1100D - ICQ: 53943994 Ritmo S75 __ /// | \__|__\ Home page: http://www.gratteri.tk forever! \\\/// \___| E-MAIL: daniele@gratteri.tk ...since 1990 \/// ...

can't find port;error 630-MS doesn't know
I have ll xps t-800 with a modem card, purchased second hand, no docs. I get "cannot open port" at the diagnostics tab in win98 I get "error 630" when trying to dial out on new DUN. Modem not responding. Debug at d40:0 shows only port 1 following w98 help instructions as far as I understand them. Yet device manager and system info clearly shows the standard 56K modem at com5 Interrupt 10. Trying to send echo atdt and other commands in dos yields nothing. How do I get this modem to wake up. My laptop give essentially the same output in debug a...

mac won't boot...memberd[58] can't find root user
I am not much of a mac user but was given the task of getting postgresql and an application working on a G4. I successfully installed postgresql from the sourceforge package and got this java application running. The only thing I can think that i did other than the postgresql install is that I reset the root passwd. Everything was working great until I rebooted this morning. The gray screen with the apple appears with the progress pinwheel and nothing happens. I was not able to boot into safe mode. I was able to boot in singleuser mode. When I try and startup from there I see this repeate...

i can't find any error in my vi but it just doesn't work please help
I'm trying to control a robot named cs-113 and I find someone has already achieved this. He wrote a vi called robot cs-113.vi and I just tried to write a same one but&nbsp;it just doesn't work. Can anyone tell me why it doesn't work? Thanks for your help! robot-cs113.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/198418/1/robot-cs113.vi cs-113 test.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/198418/2/cs-113 test.vi ...

Sql Server ODBC applet won't start can't configure problem
Hi, I am trying to add a new ODBC entry for Sql Server, XP Pro. SP2, sqlserver odbc 2.000.8xxxxxxx. All it does when I hit "Add" show the hour glass for a millisecond and then it does nothing. I also had a program that created entries in the background for its use. The program kept failing, so I checked the ODBC entries. This is where I found I could not add. I also could not configure existing ones. (the program has nothing to do with the odbc itself.) In the event viewer is the following: Event Type: Error Event Source: SQL Server ODBC driver support error Event Category: N...

Can't Open VB Editor and VB scrip won't run AFTER reopening database
I created a database, thought all was fine until I quit it and opened it again. The VB wouldn't run, I couldn't open the editor from design view of any form, and when I tried to open it through the menu, all I would get is a corrupted window (no scroll up button, no way to access the Project Explorer) containing just the one module I had, but I couldn't get to the Class Objects. I tried to compact and repair it, and decompile (that crashed Access). I then made a copy, set the Has Module property for all forms to No, imported everything into a new database, and wrote the cod...

At first the crapware didn't work, then the crapware did work, now the crapware won't work again
"when i installed fedora9 i could login as root, but had problems with installing updates and my printer did not work, today for some strange reason my updates worked, and after that my printer worked. but now my display is not right, and when i make the change from my user side it does not take. i can not login to the root now.." #8 at http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=202644 Linux just works <doesn't> works <doesn't> .... RonB wrote: > DFS wrote: > >> "when i installed fedora9 i could login as root, but had problems with...

Microsoft Access Can't Find Macro '.' #2
I keep receiving the above error message in Microsoft Access 2003 when I open ANY database - including a completely empty test database (no forms, no macros, no tables). Can anyone suggest a solution? TIA ...

samba won't become local master browser and can't resolve netbios names (broadcast address problem)
i am trying to set up samba 3.0.4 as a domain controller for a set of approximately 7 computers as a means of coordinating workgroup login passwords on each in my lab on my university campus. originally i used a linksys wireless router in gateway mode with its dhcp server enabled and everything worked magnificently when all the computers were behind this wireless gateway. i then decided that it would be better to open everything up and use the wireless router as a switch because there were other computers beyond the uplink cable that were using windows filesharing that i wanted to ac...

Time Synchronizer won't work for NT Users & Guests; can't set SystemTime Privilege for them either
Hello, I'm writing a system clock Time Synchronizer app in Delphi 7 Enterprise on Win2k Pro which uses Indy's TIdSNTP component to contact an Internet time server. It works fine when I'm logged in as an Administrator, but doesn't adjust the system clock for normal users and guests. I added some code (found on the net) which looks up user privileges and tries to set SeSystemtimePrivilege for the user just long enough to set the system time, but the AdjustTokenPrivileges function always returns a "Not all privileges referenced are assigned to the caller" error code for non-Administrator users. I haven't been able to find a workaround for this error. I'd like my Time Synchronizer to work for normal users, although I don't want to allow then to change their system clock willy-nilly. Is there any way to get this to work, or should I try to write this app (or part of it) as an NT Service? G.T. ...

Palm can't find com port to synch. I can't either.
Hi. I just got a palm IIIxe. It has a serial connection. When I try to synch, it can't find the computer, and it gave an error message about the com port being busy or not available. I opened the hotsynch on the laptop, and it only showed com 3 Com 1 seemed missing. Is there a way to see what com 1 is being used for? And are com ports numbered 1 and 3? Thanks Jim I wish you luck in getting this "ancient" palm device to work with XP's interpretation of Com ports. Yes there is com 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may want to search Microsoft's web site for inform...

Can't shutdown. Won't shutdown.
My Mac Mini, version OSX 10.4.9, refuses to shut down correctly. The monitor displays a grey screen telling me I must switch off the Mini using the power button. I humbly obey but, when I switch on again, an annoying message tells me that the damned thing shut down unexpectedly. A minor and trivial niggle, I'm sure, but is there anything I can do to sort it? "Davo" <u33430@uwe> writes: >My Mac Mini, version OSX 10.4.9, refuses to shut down correctly. The monitor >displays a grey screen telling me I must switch off the Mini using the power >button. This sounds ...

Can't understand why this won't compile
The problem code: // line 0 template <class T, T* (T::*C)(void) const> class cc { }; // line 6 class e { public: virtual e *clone(void) const; cc<e,&clone> ee(void) const; }; This code causes problems with both Visual C++ 7 (2003) and g++ 2.96. With VC, I get the following error message: c:\Documents and Settings\CJ\My Documents\Projects\Project Grapher\Source Code\Expression.cpp(22): fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 2701) Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++ Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information In g++, I get two different results. Whith the code above, I get the following: test.cpp:12: invalid use of undefined type `class e' test.cpp:8: forward declaration of `class e' test.cpp:12: template argument 2 is invalid test.cpp:12: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `ee' with no type When using &e::clone instead of &clone, g++ reports: test.cpp:12: Internal error: Segmentation fault. (with the same change, VC still has an internal compiler error) Unless, for some reason, I really can't use e from within e (which I know can't be right), I can't see the reason for these error messages. Anyone know what's going on? Should this code not compile anyway? Thanks for you time -CJ contact: http://stude...

can't run a built application because it can't find Run-Time engine
Let's start at the begining.... everything was working fine, and then I started getting an&nbsp;error 2 (memory is full) while compiling any application.&nbsp; I couldn't resolve the issue but the same applications would compile on another machine, so I uninstalled every National Instrument software from Control Panel (add remove programs), and deleted the c:\Program Files\National Instruments directory.&nbsp; I then reinstall the Labview 8.0 Prof Dev system,&nbsp; and performed the labview 8.0.1 upgrade.&nbsp; I can now open and compile applications,&nbsp; but now when I try to run one of the compiled applications it says it can't find the labview 8.0 or compatible run-time engine....&nbsp; I tried to install the runtime engine, and I get an error message saying a higher version is already installed so it won't install.... when I go to control panel the runtime engine 7.0 and 7.1.1&nbsp; show up , but Runtime 8.0 or 8.0.1 do not....&nbsp;&nbsp; I installed runtime 8.2.1 to see if it would show up in the control panel 'add remove programs) and it does not ..... &nbsp; help! &nbsp; thanks Mike Mike, &nbsp; This knowledgebase may help you <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2</a> &nbsp; Regards Ray Farmer ...

HELP: Classic Won't Launch - Problems Have Escalated
System: MDD DP with OS 10.4.8. Three physical HD's. Two with Tiger installed (one is the major HD and the other is the emergency boot drive with just a virgin system on it) and one with just games, no OS. I tried to boot into OS 9.2.2 (this particular G4 is OS 9.2.2 bootable), It boots but once the desktop appears moving the mouse over the menu bar has no effect. Menus don't pull down and the only way to shutdown is via a hard shutdown. When I try Target Disk Mode with an iBook G4, the only drive that mounts is the games drive which has no system on it. I can't get the opitcal dri...

error message; microsoft access can't find the field 'ToggleLink' referred to in your expression
i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway. how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks grahamwarren2009@googlemail.com wrote: > i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the > above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway. > how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks Do you have access to the code. If so, open up a code module for the form and do a CTRL+F and search your code for references to ToggleLink. Perhaps it was a field that existed but was renamed or removed but something is still referring to it. On 14 Mar, 20:45, Salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote: > grahamwarren2...@googlemail.com wrote: > > i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the > > above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway. > > how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks > > Do you have access to the code. =A0If so, open up a code module for the > form and do a CTRL+F and search your code for references to ToggleLink. > =A0 =A0 =A0Perhaps it was a field that existed but was renamed or removed= but > something is still referring to it. Tried that sorry, can't see what ToggleLink refers to. Is there any way I can get someone to look at file and play with it to try and fix? (It's about 42MB but don't know why it...

Web resources about - Why won't this work? (can't find prior posting of this problem) - comp.databases.ms-access