Would like to somehow link specific eMails in my message store to MS Access database

Is it possible for me to open, read and display a specific eMail
message from within an Access database? Perhaps I have
received an eMail from a customer in the customers table that
I wish to save in my mail client's message store. Maybe I don't
want to cut 'n paste its contents into a memo field in the customers
table. I just want to save a pointer to it so when flipping through
customer records on a form, I can pull it up & view it inside the
database. Any suggestions?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
0
CRCI (2317)

MLH <CRCI@NorthState.net> wrote:

>Is it possible for me to open, read and display a specific eMail
>message from within an Access database? Perhaps I have
>received an eMail from a customer in the customers table that
>I wish to save in my mail client's message store. Maybe I don't
>want to cut 'n paste its contents into a memo field in the customers
>table. I just want to save a pointer to it so when flipping through
>customer records on a form, I can pull it up & view it inside the
>database. Any suggestions?

Microsoft Access Email FAQ
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

>http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm

0
CRCI (2317)
6/26/2004 11:56:35 PM
MLH <CRCI@NorthState.net> wrote:

>Thanks for the hint, Tony. Unfortunately the examples on the site you
>recommended are made to work with MS Outlook and I need one for
>Outlook Express, the small narrowly focused user tool. Anybody know
>of something that might work with OE?

AFAIK the only way to use OE is by sending emails with MAPI.  OE does not have the
functionality you require.   Outlook does.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
0
ttoews (2789)
6/27/2004 6:21:13 PM
I believe you are right. I send eMail occasionally. It does a good job
of that. I will continue cutting 'n pasting eMails I receive into memo
fields for now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:21:13 GMT, Tony Toews <ttoews@telusplanet.net>
wrote:

>MLH <CRCI@NorthState.net> wrote:
>
>>Thanks for the hint, Tony. Unfortunately the examples on the site you
>>recommended are made to work with MS Outlook and I need one for
>>Outlook Express, the small narrowly focused user tool. Anybody know
>>of something that might work with OE?
>
>AFAIK the only way to use OE is by sending emails with MAPI.  OE does not have the
>functionality you require.   Outlook does.
>
>Tony

0
CRCI (2317)

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

How to link fields in MS word document to Access database
Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an access database? What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in an Access database. I also want to later select the document (from a file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields from the database. Of course if there are then any updates I want to put them back into the database. Workable? Anyone with sample code? Bob Alston On Jun 10, 6:21=A0pm, Bob Alston <bobalst...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an > access database? Hello Bob, Instead of Word documents I use RTF-documents. RTF-documents act just like Word documents in Word. The difference is that RFT-documents are plain text-files, and can easily be processed in Access to find - with the appropriate placeholders - the filled in information. HBInc. > > What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields > word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be > opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in > an Access database. =A0I also want to later select the document (from a > file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields > from the database. =A0Of course if there are then ...

Web resources about - Would like to somehow link specific eMails in my message store to MS Access database - comp.databases.ms-access

Specific - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Specific Pathogen Free , of a laboratory animal guaranteed free of particular (i.e., specific and named) pathogens "Specific" generally means ...

Specific activity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... SI quantity related to the phenomenon of natural and artificial radioactivity. The SI unit of "activity" is becquerel, Bq, while that of "specific ...

Post Planner Launches Time Zone-Specific Facebook Posting Feature
So your company is based in San Francisco, but you’ve got a big fan base in Berlin. Posting to your Facebook page at 3 p.m. from California means ...

New gender non-specific birth certificates for the ACT
Parents can now choose to be known as &quot;mother&quot; or &quot;father&quot; or neither, regardless of their sex

Twitter launches Moments in Australia to collect tweets around specific events
Twitter has begun rolling out its Moments feature in Australia, offering a new, more curated way to discover trending content and keep tabs on ...

Endpoint specific malware renders signature detection useless
Signature-based security could be virtually useless as 97 percent of malware is unique to a specific endpoint says a new report. This is among ...

Reporter Took Orders from Hillary Clinton’s Staff, Down to Specific Adjective
Reporter Took Orders from Hillary Clinton's Staff, Down to Specific Adjective

This year's Oscars are being presented in a very specific order — here’s why
The Oscars approached the night's awards in a pretty cool way: It handed out the awards in a way that mimics the making of a film. Right before ...

IDG Contributor Network: Avoiding indecipherable M.D. scrawl: Nuance delivers a health-specific speech-to-text ...
I once had a colleague who wasn't efficient typing emails and documents and hence resorted to using Dragon's speech recognition software . I've ...

Bernie Sanders Is On Fire ... From One Specific Spot On The Floor
Killing time before votes from the New Hampshire primary started trickling in, Bernie Sanders showed off some of the skill that helped his Brooklyn ...