Wrapping Text - Export from Access to Text File

I'm trying to export an Access table to a pipe-delimited text file (with no
text qualifier) and it keeps wrapping the text for one of the tables. None of
the fields are particularly long, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. Any
ideas how I can stop it from wrapping the text in the text file?

Leviathan

Leviathan wrote:
>I'm trying to export an Access table to a pipe-delimited text file (with no
>text qualifier) and it keeps wrapping the text for one of the tables. None of
>the fields are particularly long, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. Any
>ideas how I can stop it from wrapping the text in the text file?

Nevermind, figured it out. Looks like there was a carriage return in defining
one of the cells in the query.

Leviathan

Old ms-access file, showing wrong text in access xp
Dear sirs: I've one old .mdb file ( since 97). now when I open it, it converts most of text to strange unicode characters. can I stop this conversion and ask access to just show original non-unicode characters? Thanks Bijan ...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want ...

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Importing text files into MS Access using a Macro
I have 2 problems: 1. I want to import a single text file into an access table using a Macro. I am however getting an error that I need to put a specification name argument. What does this mean? It also suggests that I add a schema.ini in the source folder. What does this .ini do and how do I create and use it? 2. After this is resolved, I would like to be able to import several text files using a macro into the same table. Thanks I'm sure others will be able to shed more light on this: To create an import/export specification, launch the Import Wizard: File | Get External Data | Imp...

How to access text file?
just added a class to a new project which access a configuration file. In debugging the class it keeps saying the file is not present. I have it located at the root of my package along with most of my .class files and in the src directory. What do I need to use to access a file from within netBeans? I've tried this: File propFile = new File( parmConfile); if (! propFile.exists()) return getConfig; and this: File propFile = new File("/donutmon1/" + parmConfile); if (! propFile.exists()) return getConfig; .... Ideas? -- kai - theperfectreign@yahoo.com || www.perfectreign.co...

Get the real type of columns from MS Access databases(OLEObject, text, memo, numeric)
Hello, I made one application that opens MS Access databases.And I have one problem.How can I find the real data type of columns(text, memo, OLEObject, numeric) like it is into Access.I tried with resultSetMetaData.getColumnType(columnIndex) but I receive java.sql.Types.I have two columns that contains OLEObjects(images).But I receive two different types for columns : VARCHAR once, and for second column SMALLINT.I only want to see the types like in Access(OLEObjects, Text, Numeric, Memo...).Thanks in advance! Best regards, Calin Pop ...

Importing a text file to Access
I want to add a button to a form to import a text delimited file. The File is delimited by "^" and so I have created a specification file by manually impoting the text file, using the advanced button and saving the specification. Naively I thought I just needed to add the specification file name to variable strSpec for the following command to work DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, strSpec, strOutFile, strInFile, -1 When i run this from the button there is an error message returned which states the specification file does not exist but when doing this manually it is still in...

text file accessing in Applet
i have an applet application which runns by useing values avilable in a text file, as per the situation it rung great. but the problem occures when multiple instance of applet over a network is running and try to access the text file at same instance, in this situation only one applet can have access the file and rest are hang up at line which uses the file, one the applet file which have file access grant will close then next but only one at this time also get the access to that file. i thought i might be sharing vocation problem. here is the code what i use to access. BufferedReader br=new ...

Access an array from a text file???
Im trying to build an array from elements I have stored in a text file (So I can access them on multiple pages). What is the syntax for this? I thought it might be... storedArray1 = array(require_once("/arrays/stored_array_1.txt")); or storedArray1 = array(include("/arrays/stored_array_1.txt")); but I guess you can only use the 'include' statement when inserting text into html code NOT php code? TIA -Nick I <ce0d844c.0307131952.69612635@posting.google.com>, Nick skrev: > Im trying to build an array from elements I have stored in a text file &g...

Accessing File input text.
Hello, I am trying to access the text in the file input field. This is not working: The function: function post_value(){ opener.document.TestForm.parentform.value = document.childform.fileinput.value; self.close(); } This is the form: <form action="" method="get" enctype="application/x-www-form- urlencoded" name="childform"> <input name="fileinput" type="file" /> <input type="submit" name="UploadandClose" id="UploadandClose" value="UploadandClose" onclick="post_value()...

Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010
How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010 file format? According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print options only. How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display? My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click for more details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before and after I click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print options available. Thank you for your help, jfcby jfcby <jamesfc30@gmail.com> wrote in news:f4dc9993-afa3-4fed-8180-22786eaa7f83@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.co m: > How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access > 2010 file format? > > According to Microsoft > (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ > convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? > queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is > possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the > print options only. > > How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to > display? ...

Create a Link in Access to a Text File
I am writing a little routine to perform the following operations from an Acces 97 mdb: 1. create a fixed width text file 2. create/establish a table type link to the text file in Access 3. allow the user to view the text contained in the text file via an Access form. I have been able to achieve this, albeit with one major limitation. That is that the name of the text file needs to be known prior to runtime. In other words currently I cant let the user make up their own name for the file. I have to dictate this so that I can pick up a link to the file, based on a link specification that I...

populating an Access table from a text file
A text file has data in a format like the below: Title1 Cell 1 data Title 2 Cell 2 data Title 3 Cell 3 data .. .. .. Title 10 Cell 10 data Title 11 Cell 11 data .. .. .. Title 15 Cell 15 data .. .. .. Title N Cell N data I guess I can read this using some VBA code posted at http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0057.htm and http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/readtextfile.htm, add an Instr function to it so that when I read the text file, I know when to insert the data properly in the table. 1. Is there another way I can directly import the data into an Access 2...

text + text

Import text file to access from VB6
I am trying to import records from a csv textfile to an access 2000 database from VB6. My SQL INSERT statement below works fine if the date and time fields are removed. With the date and time fields I get a Syntax Error when trying to import. Any suggestions? When the records are in the text file they look like so: root,08/27/03,11:03:08,Receiving,482789,START Function importprodtxt() Dim proddb1 As Database Dim f As Integer, strvalues, strSQL, counter, strdte, strcdate, strctime Dim struser, strdate As String, strtime As String, strtask, strdocno As Long, strstatus strdte = F...

Web resources about - Wrapping Text - Export from Access to Text File - comp.databases.ms-access

Gift wrapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gift wrapping refers to the act of enclosing a gift in some sort of material. Wrapping paper is a kind of paper designed for gift wrapping. Gifts ...

Wrapping up F8 2015: Keynote and Session Videos Now Available
Wrapping up F8 2015: Keynote and Session Videos Now Available

Dog Is Dead - Christmas Wrapping (The Waitresses Cover) - YouTube
... special Christmas treat, the Dog Is Dead lads are giving you the gift of music this year with their cover of The Waitresses - 'Christmas Wrapping'. ...

Simple ideas to improve your Christmas wrapping
CBD has brought us some amazing scandals, gossip and insider secrets in 2015. But thanks to John Shakespeare, we have been treated to some ... ...

Wrapping the NBN in cotton wool
NBN Co may have been given legislative protection that is unsurpassed in the nation's history, but is it the biggest anti-competitive arrangement ...

The science of app-wrapping - MDM, Networking, wireless, mobile, IT management, bring your own device ...
BYOD brings out the classic problem between control of corporate information and individual freedom. It kicks it up to a whole new level because ...

Why wrapping up really can keep the winter colds at bay
Doctors have long insisted we catch more colds in chilly weather because we crowd indoors in poorly ventilated rooms. But this study suggests ...

Quebec election campaign wrapping up
... Search the CBC Player Submit Search Download Flash Player to view this content. Politics - Apr 6, 2014 - 4:51 Quebec election campaign wrapping ...

Japanese store Takashimaya demonstrates 12-second gift-wrapping technique - Lifestyle from CTV News
In yet another sign that the Japanese have much to teach us about basic life skills, a viral video from a department store shows you how to wrap ...

Puppy Christmas: Cute Puppies Play With Wrapping Paper
Who wouldn't want a box of puppies for Christmas?