@@Error not catching error.

Hi all,

I want to catch error in stored procedure and return error message.
I want to catch error 'Syntax error converting the varchar value 'a'
to a column of data type int.' Means error occuring if i enter wrong
value.

Say suppose i have statment like

select * from emp where rowid = 'a'
PRINT @@ERROR
print 'reach'

here rowid is integer value so i am getting above mention error.

So what i am expecting is it should print error and then print 'reach'
which is not happening.
can anyone tell me reason behind this and how to overcome this
problem.

thanks in advance.

 (trialproduct2004@yahoo.com) writes:
> I want to catch error in stored procedure and return error message.
> I want to catch error 'Syntax error converting the varchar value 'a'
> to a column of data type int.' Means error occuring if i enter wrong
> value.
>
> Say suppose i have statment like
>
> select * from emp where rowid = 'a'
> PRINT @@ERROR
> print 'reach'
>
> here rowid is integer value so i am getting above mention error.
>
> So what i am expecting is it should print error and then print 'reach'
> which is not happening.
> can anyone tell me reason behind this and how to overcome this
> problem.

If you are on SQL 2005, you need to use TRY-CATCH. If you are using SQL
2000, you first need to upgrade to SQL 2005. In SQL 2000 you cannot detect
this error, because the entire batch is aborted because of the error.
If you want to know more about error handling in SQL 2000, I have an
article on my web site: http://www.sommarskog.se/error-handling-I.html.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
esquel (7068)
2/6/2007 10:17:02 AM
 (trialproduct2004@yahoo.com) writes:
> I want to catch error in stored procedure and return error message.
> I want to catch error 'Syntax error converting the varchar value 'a'
> to a column of data type int.' Means error occuring if i enter wrong
> value.
>
> Say suppose i have statment like
>
> select * from emp where rowid = 'a'
> PRINT @@ERROR
> print 'reach'
>
> here rowid is integer value so i am getting above mention error.
>
> So what i am expecting is it should print error and then print 'reach'
> which is not happening.
> can anyone tell me reason behind this and how to overcome this
> problem.

If you are on SQL 2005, you need to use TRY-CATCH. If you are using SQL
2000, you first need to upgrade to SQL 2005. In SQL 2000 you cannot detect
this error, because the entire batch is aborted because of the error.
If you want to know more about error handling in SQL 2000, I have an
article on my web site: http://www.sommarskog.se/error-handling-I.html.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
esquel (7068)

When is an error not an error?
When it's OSS slopware, of course. http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: > When it's OSS slopware, of course. > > http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png > Well, some time ago I had a problem with OE - too long reference line to other posts, and OE of course refused to send... then crashed. Should I name it a feature? -- Andrea On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:25:29 +0200, Andrea wrote: > On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: >> When it's OSS slopware, of course. >> >> http:/...

When is an error not an error?
The Java language specification claims in: 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations .... "If an anonymous class instance creation expression appears within an explicit constructor invocation statement, then the anonymous class may not refer to any of the enclosing instances of the class whose constructor is being invoked." Helpfully it gives an example: "For example: class Top { int x; class Dummy { Dummy(Object o) {} } class Inside extends Dummy { Inside() { super(new Object() { int r = x; }); // error } Inside(final int y) { super(new Object() { int r = y; }); // correct } } } " Notice the word 'error' in the comment. This example compiles without error and produces the correct code. In what sense is it an 'error'? It is not a compiler error, it is not a runtime error. To quote Douglas Adams "this must be some new meaning of the word 'error' with which I am unfamiliar". Any idea what's gone wrong? In article <gepkhr$rop$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, Anon <blackhole@nowhere.com> wrote: > The Java language specification claims in: > 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations [<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/classes.html#8.8. 7.1>] > Notice the word 'error' in the comment. This example compiles without > error and ...

Error directing BCP In errors to error file
Greetings, I am trying to bcp in data to a table which is in different server . Though the bcp in works fine but the error file is not being created and rejected records are not being directyd to the error file. Query looks like: bcp <db>..test_b_plan_cp in /home/file_out.txt -c -t '|' -S *****-U ****** -P ******-I /home/bcp2db_sql.ini -e /home/bcp2db.error. Can someone please help? TIA. Regards, Rajpreet ...

(assert-error) tests errors and error messages
I wrote (assert-error) to make sure that a function generates an error, and verify the error message. What do you think? Below is the definition and a few test cases, for Emacs 22.1.50. (require 'cl) (defmacro assert-error (form &optional regexp) "FORM must signal an error. Signal an error otherwise. Additionally, the error message must match REGEXP. Case is ignored while matching REGEXP." (let ((msg (make-symbol "msg")) (ok (make-symbol "ok")) (res (make-symbol "res"))) `(let ((,ok nil)) (condition-case err ;; Evaluate FORM and save the result. (set ',res ,form) (error ;; This runs when FORM signals an error of any kind. (set ',ok t) (set ',msg (error-message-string err)))) (unless ,ok (error "Did not signal an error: %s (returned %s)" ',form ,res)) (when ,regexp ;; Here we know that FORM signaled an error, and that the ;; caller wants to check the error message. (unless (let ((case-fold-search t)) (string-match ,regexp ,msg)) (error "Error message does not match \"%s\": \"%s\"" ,regexp ,msg)))))) ;; Test assert-error, mostly by running it against itself. (assert-error (assert-error nil) "did not signal.*nil") (assert-error (assert-error t) "\\bt\\b") (as...

Error 8 Compilation Error. File permission error or DMA hardware error detected
I just upgraded my Labview code to Labview 8.5 from LV8.2.1 Then I tried to compile&nbsp;my code to get an .exe file I keep getting the following error, &nbsp; Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference: Error 8 occurred at Write to Text File in AB_Engine_Update_INI_Header.vi-&gt;AB_Application.lvclass:Create_INI_File.vi-&gt;AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi-&gt;AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi-&gt;AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi-&gt;AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi-&gt;AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi-&gt;AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi-&gt;AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller Possible reason(s): LabVIEW:&nbsp; File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.=========================NI-488:&nbsp; DMA hardware error detected. C:\UserData\LabView\IFX Interop Test exe\GMXiTest.ini &nbsp; I never have this problem if I compile using LV8.2.1. Please help! Thanks. &nbsp; hi there just to be sure: has 8.5 been installed under an other account than yours? make sure you have the windows access rigths to the LabVIEW - folder. Hi, Yes I have administrator rights on the PC. It was installed with full R/W permission. I saw in the forum that others are having the same problem and tried this work-around mentioned but it did not work. <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=172537&amp;query...

Error on opening a database: MS JEt database says someone tries to modify the file
Hello, I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. When i try to open the file it gives the error: The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how to save the data in this .mdb file. Greetings, Remco Remco Groot Beumer wrote: > Hello, > > I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. > When i try to open the file it gives the error: > The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and > another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). > > I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or > Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how > to save the data in this .mdb file. > > Greetings, > > Remco > > if your friend doesn't have a backup, it's shot. There are companies that you can sent it to which specialize in getting data out of corrupt Access databases....but it'll cost you a pretty penny! ...

error: error sending
Hi, I hope somebody can help me. For sending mail I configured alpine with the following line: smtp.web.de/tls/user=xxxxxxx@web.de . But every time I tried the message "error sending" occured. To figure out more details I added the parameter debug, but there was no file .pine-debug. After reading the manual I tried: alpine -d 5 and got the message: Argument Error: unknown flag "d", debugging not compiled in Before downloading the source and compile it by my self, I thought I should ask you guys for help. My pine version: alpine-2.00-5.fc11.i586 Best regards Chris...

SQL Errors: Where is the error?
I have just finished -- I hope I have finished -- some changes to one program of mine that has some hairy SQL. One of the SQL statments is 40 lines long. Granted it could be shorter vertically, but it is still 852 characters long. Occasionally -- read "All too often" -- while wrestling with this program, there would be an error in my SQL syntax. VFP is not terribly helpful with such error messages as Syntax error. Command is missing required clause. These are not terribly useful. Sometimes, I have hunted for minutes before realising that...

Error upon Error...
anyone seen this error before: > Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/auto/DB_File/DB_File.sl' for module DB_File: No such file or directory at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/XSLoader.pm line 83. > at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/DB_File.pm line 236 I'm just trying to run this script: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use DB_File; print "Hello World!\n" all three of the files exist on the system....why is it saying this. (there are a few scripts that I have that want to use DB_File and they all say this.... that's why I j...

Error on opening a database: MS JEt database says someone tries to modify the file #2
Hello, I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. When i try to open the file it gives the error: The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how to save the data in this .mdb file. Greetings, Remco ...

error with ERROR function
Hi all, I'm getting an error when I use the "error" function. Here is the error message: ---------------------------------------- ??? Index exceeds matrix dimensions. Error in ==> C:\MATLAB6p5p1\mese\user_functions\ssave.m On line 765 ==> error('ERROR e43: Initial Operating Point file cannot be found'); ---------------------------------------- What matrix is it refering to? thanks, SK "Saif K" <buckeyeforever2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eee53de.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi all, > > I'm getting an error when I use the "error" function. > > Here is the error message: > > ---------------------------------------- > ??? Index exceeds matrix dimensions. > > Error in ==> C:\MATLAB6p5p1\mese\user_functions\ssave.m > On line 765 ==> error('ERROR e43: Initial Operating > Point file cannot be found'); > ---------------------------------------- > > What matrix is it refering to? Set a breakpoint on line 765 of ssave (click on the line next to the line number in the MATLAB Editor.) When MATLAB pauses execution on that line and shows the debug prompt (K>>) check your workspace. You likely have a matrix named error that is being used instead of the error function and that matrix has fewer than 117 elements (the ASCII code for 'u', the last character in your string in ASCII code order). -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com ...

error in, error out clusters.
Dear all, &nbsp; I am new user for Labview software. I try to create a Visa Configuration Serial Port but, the error occurred, message&nbsp;as: &nbsp; "You have two or more cluster data types wired together, but the clusters have different kinds or numbers of elements.Cluster Cluster 2, a cluster of 1 element, conflicts with cluster error in (no error), a cluster of 3 elements." &nbsp; My cluster include the function of: 1) boolean Properties 2) Numeric Properties 3) String Properties &nbsp; Q:&nbsp;how to create these 3 function in&nbsp;cluster? ...

error C2197 error
Hello I am getting this error: error C2197: 'long (__stdcall *)(void)' : too many actual parameters Error executing cl.exe. The offending line is: if ((lResult = (*pfnGetProviderList)(0x00020000, pProviderList)) != 0) // this one { goto ProviderInstall_freeProviderList; } I am converting this C code into C++. Is the problem that compiler does not understand the parameters required for pfnGetProviderList? How can I fix? Angus wrote: > Hello > > I am getting this error: > > error C2197: 'long (__stdcall *)(void)' : too many actual parameters > Error executing cl.exe. > > The offending line is: > > if ((lResult = (*pfnGetProviderList)(0x00020000, > pProviderList)) != 0) // this one > { > goto ProviderInstall_freeProviderList; > } > > I am converting this C code into C++. Is the problem that compiler > does not understand the parameters required for pfnGetProviderList? > How can I fix? Specific implementations and their diagnostics are off-topic for this group, but see the following link: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/117428> Angus wrote, On 14/02/07 17:41: > Hello > > I am getting this error: > > error C2197: 'long (__stdcall *)(void)' : too many actual parameters > Error executing cl.exe. This error message says the function does not take any parameters. > The offending line is: >...

Error Number 3000: Reserved Error (-3002); there is no message for this error
Help... I've been moving code about to tidy it up and this error is occuring. I have tracked it down to a set querydef command, i have properly specified a database and am using correct syntax for the set command but this error is popping up. Any ideas why? Please help....... Rob. Try to decompile the database (command-line switch /decompile) dkintheuk wrote: > Help... > > I've been moving code about to tidy it up and this error is occuring. > > I have tracked it down to a set querydef command, i have properly > specified a database and am using correct syntax for the set command > but this error is popping up. > > Any ideas why? > > Please help....... > > Rob. > -- Bas Cost Budde, Holland http://www.heuveltop.nl/BasCB/msac_index.html Er... gonna sound dumb now but how do I do that? Thanks. Ok... found out how... easy really. Unfortunately, there is no change in the behaviour of the code. Argh! Still could use some help here... I've now decomplied... Then i exported all code... Then i compacted and repaired the db Then i reimported all the code Then i compacted and repaired again It still doesn't want to work! Ok... here it is - i was being thick (no surprise there). I had a problem in my SQL in that the SQL was designed to do a TRANSFORM to create a nice crosstab query. I later added an INTO command to the SQL to get the output into a temp table. This is not allowed for TRANSFORM queri...

Error: An error occurred while shelling out to mbuild (error code = 1).
Hi! I'm trying to create an exe file from my GUI, so that the GUI can be run on computers not having MATLAB. I'm using MATLAB 7.9.0(R2009b) and the Compiler version is 4.11(R2009b). I receive the following error message when using deploytool: mkdir 'C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy\distrib' Warning: Directory already exists. mkdir 'C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy\src' Warning: Directory already exists. mcc -F C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy.prj mcc -o 'test_deploy' -W 'WinMain:test_deploy' -d 'C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy\src' -T 'link:exe' -v 'C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy.m' Compiler version: 4.11 (R2009b) Processing include files... 2 item(s) added. Processing directories installed with MCR... The file C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy\src\mccExcludedFiles.log contains a list of functions excluded from the CTF archive. 2 item(s) added. Generating MATLAB path for the compiled application... Created 40 path items. Begin validation of MEX files: Wed Sep 08 17:59:41 2010 End validation of MEX files: Wed Sep 08 17:59:41 2010 Parsing file "C:\Documents and Settings\Paulo\Meus documentos\MATLAB\test_deploy.m" (Referenced from: "Compiler Command Line"). Pars...

MS Access + ASP + Error Catching. . .
Hi: I have a table with a text field called NICKNAME. This field must be unique. How do I error handle that so that when a user enters data via a web-form, I don't get the following error when the NICKNAME has already been picked: "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index" Do I run a select statement first with the users nickname to see if it exists? Or is there a more efficient way to do this? Thanks. Cam ...

why does catching errors that aren't thrown give syntax errors?
public class Test01 { public static void main() { try {} catch (java.io.IOException e) {} } } When I run that, I get the following: Test01.java:4: exception java.io.IOException is never thrown in body of corresponding try statement try {} catch (java.io.IOException e) {} ^ 1 error My question is... why? Giving a syntax error over this seems about as appropriate as giving a syntax error for "if (false)". In both cases, although it may not serve a lot of point in a finished product, it may be useful for debugging. If I comment out a line th...

How to change 'On Error Goto ArreurA' with 'On Error Goto ArreurB' without error if an error occured?
Exemple: On Error Goto ErreurA Picture = LoadPicture(VarName1) On Error Goto ErreurB Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) exit sub ErreurA: msgbox "ErreurA= VarName1" exit sub ErreurB: msgbox "ErreurB= VarName2" Exit sub If an error occudes with Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) it cause an error and the program stop there without error message. What code line must I add? Raymond H. "Raymond H." <divers_rh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:TuHRc.6180$a65.235836@news20.bellglobal.com... > Exemple: > > On Error Goto ErreurA > Picture = LoadPicture(VarName1) > On Error Goto ErreurB > Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) > exit sub > ErreurA: > msgbox "ErreurA= VarName1" > exit sub > ErreurB: > msgbox "ErreurB= VarName2" > Exit sub > > If an error occudes with > Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) > it cause an error and the program stop there without error message. What > code line must I add? In the IDE, go to Tools->Options->General Tab. Select 'Break on Unhandled Errors'. Hello, this error occure even with the exe. I think it miss a code line in my projet but I don't know wich one. r.h. "Peter Young" <youngpa@comcast.no.net.spam.please> a �crit dans le message de news:eBMRc.229775$%_6.160126@attbi_s01... > > "Raymond H." <divers_rh...

Db::put: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery,why happen the error?
Application run two hours,it will thow error:Db::put: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery. How to avoid it. The error string is "PANIC:fatal region error detected;run recover Db::put: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery". ...

Error Writing to MS Access Database with Replication
Greetings, I have a Microsoft Access database that is replicated accross several computers using the built-in Access replication technology. Access replication supports automatically synchronizing updates that have been applied separately to each copy of the database. When replication is enabled in MS Access, a number of "system" columns are added to every table in the database in order to facilitate the synchronization database. Note that these columns are not visible by default within MS Access. I would like to insert new rows into one of the tables in this database using PROC SQL. The statements that I am using to perform this function worked fine before replication was enabled on the database. After replication was enabled, I now receive an error which indicates that SAS is attempting to modify the contents of the replication system columns. SAS should NOT be doing this, as the contents of these columns are automatically maintained by MS Access, and are protected against modification by external applications. The code that I am using, and the error message that I receive are provided below. Can anyone advise of a simple solution to this problem? Perhaps some other option to the libname statement or connect string that I have overlooked...? Thanks, s/KAM 508 %let MJFile=\\Speedy\D\Program Files\MJ Systems \LogSleuth2\Database\LogSleuth.mdb; <snip> 525 libname MJ ODBC noprompt="uid=admin;pwd=&MJPW;dsn=MS Access Database;DBQ=&MJ...

Error 500: ERROR: Cannot forward. Writer or Stream already obtained. Error
hi i m unable to fugure out y I m getting this error it's a suggestion page and on submitting this page I have to reload the page but with status of the page (requires approval) in form of url earlier say few days back , it was working fine , i had absolutely no issues in this since 2-3 days everytime i submit the page , i m getting the error Error 500: ERROR: Cannot forward. Writer or Stream already obtained. Error 500 my code is listed below pls help <%@ include file="../includes/sessionChecker.jsp"%> <%@ page isThreadSafe="false" errorPage="....

Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12)
I receive this error when attempting to build an installer for my Labview application. &nbsp; &nbsp; CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller &gt;&gt; CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_InstallerConfiguration_Editor.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Build_Invoke.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Engine_Main.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Engine_Build.vi &gt;&gt; NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFDistCopyList_CopyItem.vi Loading product deployment informationLoading product deployment informationAdding files to installerDone adding filesPreparing to build deploymentCopying products from distributionsCopying distribution 'NI-DAQ 8.0.1' from: D:\ to: C:\DARTS\ATS_TE_Project\DARTS_NI-DAQ_HP3561A_Dynamic_Signal_Analyzer\Installer\&nbsp;***************** Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12)The system cannot find the file specified. *** End Error Report**************&nbsp;Done building deployment Hi rich hilt- &nbsp; Please see the following discussion forum.&nbsp; It documents the exact same error and lists steps to resolve the problem. &nbsp; <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=214393&amp;requireLogin=False" target="_blank">I am having problems with an application built in LV 8.0 as well as LV8.2 compiling correctly when building the installer</a> &nbsp; Hope this helps! I removed every installation NI-DAQ from my system and downloaded and installed D...

Error: An error occurred while shelling out to mbuild (error code = 1). #2
uilding COM object... mcc -M -silentsetup -d 'D:/matlab2006/work/testww//src' -B 'ccom:testww,testwwclass,1.0' -g -S 'D:/matlab2006/work/testww.m' mwcomtypes.idl oaidl.idl objidl.idl unknwn.idl wtypes.idl ocidl.idl oleidl.idl servprov.idl urlmon.idl msxml.idl testww_idl.idl oaidl.idl objidl.idl unknwn.idl wtypes.idl ocidl.idl oleidl.idl servprov.idl urlmon.idl msxml.idl mwcomtypes.idl 'rc' &#19981;&#26159;&#20869;&#37096;&#25110;&#22806;&#37096;&#21629;&#2019 6;&#65292;&#20063;&#19981;&#26159;&#21487;&#...

Re: ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. ORACLE error is ORA-01555:
In my experience, this occurs when you are asking Oracle to do too much, as in joining two large tables. Even with where clauses the processing can take too much time. You can post the code but you really need to take your query to your DBA and ask what can be done with it. Clint -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Kishore Kumar Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:16 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. ORACLE error is ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 2 with name "_SYSSMU2$" too small. Can some one help me. I am unable to solve this problem. when i am executing my program with obs=1 Crore it is working fine , but for obs=max i am unable to execute. I am getting an error like this:- ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. ORACLE error is ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 2 with name "_SYSSMU2$" too small. Please suggest me some thing???? Waiting for your feedback. Regards, Kishore.K --------------------------------- How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates. ...